Frontlines: Fuel Of War (360, PC, PS3)

I guess no iron sights in the final version? Real bummer that, I hate shooting with a crosshair for anything other than the most arcade of games (GTA IV for example).

I don't agree with you mate.

:) Thats cool - didnt play it that long, but there seemed no 'action'. Lots of wandering around the (impressively large) maps.

I prefer run-n-gun I guess, COD4 and The Club...

Plus the controls are all frigged up - how many times did I toss a grenade using L2 which in those other 2 games are for zooming.

I much prefer this over The Club, I cant see anything that in it that is more fun than this, and how you can say the graphics are XB rather than Next Gen, I dont know. I like the fun of this game with various vehicles and open environments. I think the Club controls are a tad ropey, but maybe adjusting the twitchyness of them would help.

I also dont think you can actually really compare the two games, sure you fire guns in both, but both are very very very different games. But would take Frontlines over The Club anytime.

I actually like it quite a lot, but not enough to shell out cash for it when Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is going to get hammered. Good game, wrong time.

Just been playing on my own - don't know what the fuck i'm doing - but I am having fun!!

This is great

I'm very suprised at the love for this game - I cannot see where the innovation or technical achievement is? This is a generic FPS and not a very good one, unless I'm getting old!

The textures are shockingly bad close up - as I was aimlessly wandering around on my own last night trying to find the next lone soldier to shoot, I was getting close to some of the vehicles and scenary etc and seriously, I thought the quality was so poor in areas it could be PRE xbox. Am I losing my mind here? You walk through water and nothing happens - no splash, no movement in the water - it looks like ice.

The gun textures are poor, the only aiming aid is a scope (which I HATE), why cant they do the 'up to the shoulder' aim which still gives you a good view of the playing field?

The running is slow, the feedback when hittng a target is non-existant, the sound isnt very good and the gameplay premise of wandering around to moving choke points and camping to take control of them is bloody boring - is that what people are gonna play online for the next 6-12 months? Gonna get old very quickly...

Didnt find the vehicles very fun either.... :(

(Wow, thats a JB/Dags style rant right there!)

I'm very suprised at the love for this game - I cannot see where the innovation or technical achievement is? This is a generic FPS and not a very good one, unless I'm getting old!

The textures are shockingly bad close up - as I was aimlessly wandering around on my own last night trying to find the next lone soldier to shoot, I was getting close to some of the vehicles and scenary etc and seriously, I thought the quality was so poor in areas it could be PRE xbox. Am I losing my mind here? You walk through water and nothing happens - no splash, no movement in the water - it looks like ice.

The gun textures are poor, the only aiming aid is a scope (which I HATE), why cant they do the 'up to the shoulder' aim which still gives you a good view of the playing field?

The running is slow, the feedback when hittng a target is non-existant, the sound isnt very good and the gameplay premise of wandering around to moving choke points and camping to take control of them is bloody boring - is that what people are gonna play online for the next 6-12 months? Gonna get old very quickly...

Didnt find the vehicles very fun either.... :(

(Wow, thats a JB/Dags style rant right there!)

I was drunk last night when I played it:)

But I loved the huge map and the fact you can find somewhere to perch and take people out without getting attacked straight away.

I got a huge anti aircraft gun (Or whatever they are) and ran onto one of the high tower thingy magigys - and started taking out Tanks - It was very satisfying. There was a Tank chasing after one of my little army buddies and he somehow failed to blow the crap out of the little person - and I just blew the crap out of the tank......I saved the little mans life!!

The vehicles were difficult to drive - but I'm sure you get used to them after a couple of goes.

They need to sort out the ladders though - many a time I went to go down one and plumetted to my death!!!

Also the fact you respawn from the same point everytime is very tedious.

There should be a better aim with the gun aswell.

Also the fat that when you get a checkpoint you have to stay there and your gun can't do a full 360 - was a bit crap. I felt really vulnerable and just left and started having fun and blowing tanks up!

I'm sure when you have a few friends it is 10 times better aswell.

I had fun on it - but it isn't the greatest game. But it would be good to see what different maps they have in the full game.

Its not all about the Graphics Paul :)

and if you were a Rainbow 6 player, you can get into the controls straight away becuase all thats changed is the throw grenade button ;)

COD4 has messed everyones FPS buttons up, if i aint broke dont fix it :LOL:

Its not all about the Graphics Paul :)

and if you were a Rainbow 6 player, you can get into the controls straight away becuase all thats changed is the throw grenade button ;)

COD4 has messed everyones FPS buttons up, if i aint broke dont fix it :LOL:

Ha! Horses for courses - The Clubs buttons are pretty similar, so thats ok.

I used to be quite the R6er on my old 360, but never got round to getting it again. Think I will get R62 though. Used to like the team games, clearing rooms etc...

there are loads of us getting it so we should have plenty of us online to have a full team

I downloaded the club demo, burned to DVD, loaded it into the 360, played for about 3 minutes, took out the DVD, threw it on the bedroom floor, awful concept, awful game, but horses for courses as they do indeed say :)

So is this good or what? I'll download it and give it a whirl methinks. :)

This demo just downloaded in 4 minutes for me! :shock:

God. Bless. Cable. Broadband.

for some strange reason all my 360 downloads take ages, but my PC gets 1.6/7 meg downloading

Choose your gun, press right to select your role, then right again to select you spawn point

you can spawn further up as you team moves up as well

I actually like it quite a lot, but not enough to shell out cash for it when Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is going to get hammered. Good game, wrong time.

My sentiments exactly. Just had a quick bash, good game but there is something that just doesn't feel right about it. I don't like all the silly little vehicles either.

I doubt I'll be buying this. :)

Really, really average shooter. Defo not gonna waste £30 on it after playing it some more & like Jack said; Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will be out and everyone will forget about this.

So are we gonna get Holio, Bobby, Joe, Me, Dags and Jay on this at the same time or what?

Back
Top Bottom