Football Manager 2011

Nice Tim.

I have 5 games left in my season and I'm sitting in 5th. I was knocked out of the Europa League in the 2nd Rd. I lost the Carling Cup Final to Chelsea. And I was knocked out of the FA Cup in the early rounds. I play 3 of the top 7 teams in my last 5 games. I need some good results. Don't think I can make 3rd or 4th unless I win all of my games.

Finished my season. I ended 4th and qualified for the Champions League. I finished level with Arsenal but had a better goal difference. Not sure I'm quite ready for the CL yet. I need players still. I finished third for Manager of the Year.

Edit: Now it looks like I only qualified for the Europa League. :(

Edit: Now I'm back in the Champions League. Argh.

Last edited:
8GSc

Finally made it through the off season and I have to confess to my first time cheating in football manager. The situation:

My scout found a 3 1/2 star GK that was 19 years old. He has a potential of 4 1/2 stars. Anderlecht was the team he was playing for. They were interested in a CB and an up and coming winger I have. They named the winger specifically. So I decided to try a player trade with no case involved. I set it up and it went through. I offered a contract to my new GK and he accepted. My winger then goes on to break the deal with Anderlecht because they weren't giving him what he wanted. So the whole deal got cancelled. So I tried to offer the same deal again and this time Anderlecht is not interested in my winger. They want $17 million for the GK now. I wasn't too happy with that so I reloaded the game several times to try to make it work. Long story short (I know, too late for that), I finally got the deal to work by setting my winger up as not needed by the club. This took 2 days to complete and I'm feeling a little ashamed of it. I've lost other players before. Players I thought I should get but I've never reloaded the game. Just wanted to come out and appologize for cheating. It will never happen again. :(

Edit: In other news I drew Valencia for my 3rd round Champions League Qualification tie. It figures I would probably draw the toughest team in the draw. I actually beat them in the first leave away 0-2. So hopefully I go through at home.

Last edited:
It has shocked me to my very core!!!

In other news, I haven't had the best start to the new season, Only won 1 of the first 8 league matches. Think we've turned the corner now though with back to back Premiership wins, 3-1 and 3-0. Knocked out of the Carling Cup in the last 16 by Arsenal though, bit gutted, I fancied a nice cup run.

I'm in my 4th season with Milan. I rarely play as Milan or such a strong team btw - it's my first time in years.

As you know, Milan, in real life, are going through a transitional stage.

2010/11
I took control and finished 3rd in my first season. Inter won by miles, Juve came 2nd on the last match day. Focused on buying back co-owned youth players and terminating contracts to make the team economically stable. I managed to sign KP Boateng permanently (was on loan, but I had no money to pay the £5m clause and ended buying him for £10m grr), Paloschi in January to cover my striker crisis for £9m and Davide Astore back from Cagliari for £1.2m. Roma were surprisingly relegated, so I managed to snap up Mexes for £7m.

I also blew the rest of my money on a 17 year old from Sao Paolo (£5.75) because I just knew he would be great. I also did some dirty work all season by trying to unsettle Balotelli (life long Milan fan).... it worked and eventually he was transfer listed... but I had no money to sign him.

2011/12
This season I was financially healthier and managed to get to second place, with Inter winning again. I pestered my board to allow me to sign more coaches and to increase my youth network. I spent about £16m on buying under 18 year olds. I also picked up some bargain signings such as Kolarov for £2m, Crisetig (Real madrid) for £1.3m. My Brazilian player began to play a few more matches. I also started offering lower contracts to the remaining senators and released loads of deadweight. I raised enough to finally sign Balotelli for £13m so my attack consisted of Balotelli-Pato-Paloschi-Ibrahimovic-Robinho. I was using a 4-3-3 formation and had a very good defensive record. I also picked up Zapata from Udinese for £5.5m since he was unhappy.

2012/13
This season was a big one. In the summer, I signed Sergio Romero on a free to become my starting GK. I persuaded the board to give me a big budget and this time I promised I'd win the league. I sold Robinho to Fulham for £14m, persuaded Ambrosini, Pirlo, Nesta, Abbiati and Gattuso to become coaches and rebuilt my team. Pastore was listed by request, so I picked him up for £10m. Felipe Mattioni (ex Milan) was defender of the season in the EPL but played for Birmingham who just got relegated, so I snatched him up for £4.3m. I had around £30m to spend so I picked up Banega and M'Vila to play alongside Flamini.

This season I won the league by miles, won the CL by scoring an equalizer in the 95' then winning in extra time against Lyon. My youth team won every single game and broke all scoring records.

My team this season looked like this:

--------------Romero--------------
Mattioni----T.Silva (C)--Mexes---Kolarov
----------------------------------
-------------M'Vila----------------
-----Banega----------Flamini--------
------------Pastore----------------
------Zlatan-----------Pato---------

Subs:
Abbiati
Papastathopoulos
Zapata
Bonera
Astori
Crisiteg
Boateng
Caca
Pato
Balotelli
Paloschi

Very good work, Stef :)).

Big of a managerial merry go round in my game, (not for me though). Wenger went to Juventus, Mancini to Arsenal, and Quique Flores to Man City! The Atletico job is currently available and they are 2nd in La Liga. I really wouldn't mind that job, but I don't wanna piss West Ham off by applying for it and being unsuccessful!

Well, I kinda fucked up a bit here... Aston Villa sacked Houllier and the media said I was the favourite for the job, so I declared my interest and then applied for the job. This infuriated West Ham so I had to resign. The very next day Leeds offered me a job so I delayed for a week to see what happened with the Villa job, but bloody David Moyes got it! So I've now accepted the Leeds job. They are 2nd in the Championship with shit loads of cash, having very harshly sacked Simon Grayson after a takeover a month ago.

So now I'm Leeds manager!

Well, I kinda fucked up a bit here... Aston Villa sacked Houllier and the media said I was the favourite for the job, so I declared my interest and then applied for the job. This infuriated West Ham so I had to resign. The very next day Leeds offered me a job so I delayed for a week to see what happened with the Villa job, but bloody David Moyes got it! So I've now accepted the Leeds job. They are 2nd in the Championship with shit loads of cash, having very harshly sacked Simon Grayson after a takeover a month ago.

So now I'm Leeds manager!

Why did you resign? Dd they say you had to?

I won Serie A again. In January, I added another manager to my game and am also managing Roma with my alter ego. They got relegated and went through financial turmoil - so they were constantly fighting to survive. I felt a bit bad and really wanted to face the challenge of turning Roma into the great capital club that they're meant to be. I didn't want to lose everything I built at Milan, so I'm still manager and am in the CL final against Real.

Back
Top Bottom