Football Manager 2011

I won Serie A again. In January, I added another manager to my game and am also managing Roma with my alter ego. They got relegated and went through financial turmoil - so they were constantly fighting to survive. I felt a bit bad and really wanted to face the challenge of turning Roma into the great capital club that they're meant to be. I didn't want to lose everything I built at Milan, so I'm still manager and am in the CL final against Real.

Just don't sell any players to yourself.

It wouldn't work. Milan are world champions so I bet none of the players will want to even go to Rome (relegation fighters). My Milan starlets all play for top teams on loan. When Milan played Roma, I had to give priority to Milan (I cared more if they won rather than Roma).

I managed both and can do tactics for both - but what I meant is that I personally felt that my priority was Milan - as I've achieved so much in 4 seasons.

Yes you should have patience. You don't like building up a team and taking them all the way to the top?
Well West Ham are never gonna win the Premiership in my lifetime :LOL:. Aston Villa are a bigger club with a lot more money, they are in the Europa League knockout round and Quarter Final of the Carling Cup too. What's done is done, and I'll see how I get on with Leeds.

Okie dokie. But many would probably say Fulham will never win the Premiership. But they will with me at the helm. But to each his own. Are you gonna stick with Leeds?

I'm not a good enough manager to win the Premiership with a team like West Ham or Fulham. Nah won't be sticking with Leeds, as soon as a better offer comes in I'll take it. I won't be applying for any jobs though so I don't piss off the board again :LOL:.

LOL

Edit: I've made it to the first knockout round of the champions league. I haven't finished the group yet but I'm in and AC Milan is in danger of not making it. That would be sweet. And I beat them twice in the group stage.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i need your opinion. Ia Dzagoev a good investment ? Because i sold Mancini, and Sneijder is badly injured, and i need quickly a right midfielder.
He is now 10M.
Do you think he might be good ?

how to use the editor in the game? because it's empty and i don't know what to do..i also download fmrte but i got this:
FMRTE.png
need help:DUMMY:

How can you manage to win the Premiership with Fulham though? Have you got some magic tactic or something?

I don't have a magic tactic. I just created my tactic with the tactic creater and then chose the player roles I wanted. And try to adjust some individual settings. Actually I think I just hit on something yesterday that I had been ignoring for 2 seasons. I would constantly have managers comment on my team and say how good the passing was. But the problem I was seeing was that my guys always tried to dribble alot and would get caught in possession. Well it finally hit me yesterday to change a couple of things up. I normally play with slow tempo. Well I upped the tempo to the middle notch (normal). Then I made sure all my players had dribbling with the ball on mixed or rarely. Made sure my wingers that can't cross well, had crossing on rarely. I have noticed a huge difference in my team. We hardly get caught in possession and we are playing better and scoring more. It could just be a coincidence but it appears to be working.

Edit: I'm 3rd in the table at the beginning of Jan.

Oh cool. I created my tactic too, just created a new 4-4-2 for Leeds and we've played well the last 3 games, winning 2 of them. I just use the basic creator, don't wanna go into advanced mode, so I don't have access to tempo settings etc.

You still have access to tempo settings and you need them. Just do it under team instructions in your tactic. You need to waste time at the end of matches to preserve victory.

Tempo isn't in the basic team tactics. I use the shouts to waste time or change various things, for example the "Take a Breather" tactic decreases forward runs and slows the game down.

http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/2009/11/04/what-do-the-touchline-instructions-or-shouts-actually-do/

That's a great website.

Hmmm....can you show me a screen shot of your basic settings? Maybe we are talking about 2 different things. I use the shouts as well. But I set tempo, d-line, time waisting and width manually.

A tip I have would be to set your tactics so that they complement each other - e.g. you will generally have more success with direct/long ball football if you increase the tempo, and with short passing/possession football a slower tempo usually works best (unless your players are insanely good in technique, passing, decisions etc.)

Then you just have to play to your player's strengths and weaknesses and try to exploit a weak link in your opponents (i.e. exploit slow defenders with a quick striker and play a lot of through balls, exploit physically weak sides by using a target man and aiming for their head).
Use minimum creative freedom for all players except those with very high flair and technique (players with 17+ for both of these are usually match winners, and are a must in the Premier League).

You can overcomplicate things if you like, as those guys at FM-Britain seem to have, but if you just use sensible tactics and sign good players then more often than not your team should gradually improve to the point where you get the classic Champions League FM success story....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom