Football Manager 2008

Rubbish. The season is nearly finished by the time they give us a version worth playing. It's been the same for the last few years now. I play it when it first comes out, then the bugs appear which ruin the game, wait months for them to be sorted, by which time I'm bored of FM anyway.

E.g. now.

Something I've never understood in Football Manager and it's getting on my nerves now...

In the form tables (you know. e.g. WWLDW), sometimes there will be an X. For example, WXXDL. What the hell do the Xs mean?

I thought they mean 0-0 draws at first but I've just realised that's not true.

Something I've never understood in Football Manager and it's getting on my nerves now...

In the form tables (you know. e.g. WWLDW), sometimes there will be an X. For example, WXXDL. What the hell do the Xs mean?

I thought they mean 0-0 draws at first but I've just realised that's not true.

Score draw

He's right you know...

How stupid, X should be 0-0s, X meaning "might as well have been cancelled"...

I still love this dame enormously.
I'm currently playing with Everton. After 15 matches i'm 3th and now Tim Cahill is coming back from injury...hade one of the best buys i've ever had in the game: De Guzman...he's great at set pieces...

This game is awesome, but im only enjoying it when I do league online with my mate, Ill try to get our first 2 seasons up,

Firts I won the league with Swansea and my mate came 2nd with crewe, so we were straight up :D. (cant remember were we left it the next season)

but the new one we doing is, Im derby and hes sunderland. Lets just saw we are both struggling to survive lol. But I brought in back up and signed Denilson on a free, samba samba

Yep, and I'm getting sick of the SI Army saying "it's your tactics"... If you're having 24 shots then you've got a pretty good fucking tactic, I reckon...

I always get bored of FM after about 2 and a half seasons. Played an online game with my mate for that long recently then I started getting bored. Tried new teams and still did nothing for me.

Jack, why not go back to Fm 2007? imho, it's a much better game than 08 is right now. You can get updated databases so you're not really missing out on that much from 08.

I'm having fun with it, anyway.

I find it hard to go back to older versions of games. I just cant do it. I still like FM, but its just stupid things that should and could have been avoided by SI.

ive scored more disallowed goals than actual goals.
what happened to the football manager series???

Who plays FM on an xbox anyway?

I think SI are the most frustrating developer on the planet, I love their games but I hate that they are almost always broken and every single one of them requires multiple patches.

I have been playing online with some friends recently and it has been good, not doing too bad with the mighty Sunderland - just about managing to stay in the Premier League.

i havent really noticed any problems with shots on goal, occassionally i will have shit loads without scoring but that happens. it could have something to do with morale, if your players arent scoring a lot of goals then set up a friendly with the under 18's or something.

the amount of disallowed goals is silly tho, im actually quite surprised to see set piece goals stand..

Back
Top Bottom