Football Manager 2008

Yup. Left it downloading in mine now so it will be done when I get home. The link you posted worked after 20 mins snoop :lol:

Will look forward to starting a new one this weekend.

I can't see myself playing it really, too many 360 games to play. And with Mass Effect this weekend, I don't think any other game will get a look.

People are saying on the forums that there are still bugs in it that SI acknowledged and still haven't fixed. Sloppy if true.

Yep there are, the biggest one being the player registration bug. Disgusting, sorry I know they've put a lot of work into it but for a lot of people you can't play European games because your players become unregistered at a random point. Thus leaving you to play grey (i.e. fake) players, and even if you "holiday" over it you lose games 10-0, which puts you 20% closer to the sack each time.

I have a save on it which I might try to get back into tonight, but CoD4 and teaching dad to play FIFA properly interests me more at the moment.

Doesn't appear to happen to everyone, I don't think they can narrow down what's causing it. But it seems to be a lot of people affected.

You can find the complaint thread about it HERE - look towards the bottom and there's a post with ten or so more threads related to it.

EDIT: And incidentally, I agree with THIS totally, this is my biggest problem with the game. I've had 6/7 strikers in one season, and NONE OF THEM have scored more than one or two. At a lower-league level, at least, it seems impossible to score. I've even managed to loan-in strikers from Man United, who score on their debut and then never hit the net again. Which is the main reason I'm fed up of the game.

Last edited:
picture1rp7.png

I'm finding success scoring. I think it all comes down to morale. My main concerns are set pieces... I NEVER SCORE corner kicks at all. I've touched everything but never score them.

picture1rp7.png

I'm finding success scoring. I think it all comes down to morale. My main concerns are set pieces... I NEVER SCORE corner kicks at all. I've touched everything but never score them.
You say that but look at these screenshots, this is exactly what's happening to me.

PRE-PATCH

POST-PATCH

That is shocking. 20 shots a game and he's still losing that often. Some wanker on the SI forums even had the cheek to say "it's your tactics". Erm, he's getting 20 shots in every game, most of them on target...

Last edited:
Some wanker on evo-web: it's your training...

Couldn't resist...sorry...

Serious: i must be blind because after the first patch i had the impression that everything was perfect.
I have one bizar thing, i have Manfredini in my squad but i can't play him because he's suspended...but i haven't the faintest clue why and how long (he was suspended from the beginning of my game).

It's definately a bug in the game, other people are experiencing it too. I mean, come on, 20 shots and 19 on target has nothing to do with tactics, instructions, training or anything like that. If someone like Henry is getting this regularly then it's not just a bad game, it's a bad bug.

I can't be bothered with FM anymore really. Every year they bring out a new version and always seem to screw it up worse than the previous version.

Its good to see that year on year they seem to fuck up with the release of Footy Manager. Do they not pay anybody to playtest the game anymore?!?

" fuck up"...the amount of pleasure i've had from that game is immernse...i wouldn't call it a fuck up.
You know what the problem with you people is: you're instantly bored...

FIFA08: fantastic game....after a couple of weeks : bored.
Football Manager: fuck Fifa and PES, that's my game...awesome...after a couple of weeks: bored (literally in this thread).

Fucked up CW???? Do you have a job???? I would like to "fuck up" in my job (and yup it's an important one) like SI fucks up yearly.

I would like to some people's professional results who constantly moan about everything they touch after work (games, movies, football, music, even Mc Laren).

I'm not mad, i don't want to belitle anyone, but some people should see things in perspective...

It's very easy to change the world when you're behind your PC...maybe it's me, maybe i have the wrong attitude to come to internet forums, i don't know...

" fuck up"...the amount of pleasure i've had from that game is immernse...i wouldn't call it a fuck up.
You know what the problem with you people is: you're instantly bored...

FIFA08: fantastic game....after a couple of weeks : bored.
Football Manager: fuck Fifa and PES, that's my game...awesome...after a couple of weeks: bored (literally in this thread).

Fucked up CW???? Do you have a job???? I would like to "fuck up" in my job (and yup it's an important one) like SI fucks up yearly.

I would like to some people's professional results who constantly moan about everything they touch after work (games, movies, football, music, even Mc Laren).

I'm not mad, i don't want to belitle anyone, but some people should see things in perspective...

It's very easy to change the world when you're behind your PC...maybe it's me, maybe i have the wrong attitude to come to internet forums, i don't know...

You don't want to belittle anyone and you post that? Seems to me like you do!

This is the 2nd patch they have released for this game in a month. To me that seems like it is far from a finished product! Its nice to see them address the problems that people have found so quickly but they shouldn't have released the game in the state that they did, its as simple as that!

Look CW, if you feel belitled that was not my intention. Still if you do feel belitled: i sincerely want to apologize. I'm very sorry.

When is something a finished product???? In days when virtually everybody has internet is it necessary to have a finished product? It seems to me that it is a very old fashion way of seeing things.

And since the first patch i've been playing FM quite regularly, i never noticed a bug that spoiled it for me...

Now about my above post. It annoys me a lot that some people here criticize the way big companies like Sega or Konami work...i've nothing against that.

But...

The way they criticize proves that they clearly haven't the faintest clue how things work. Comsumers have changed a lot the last 15 years...big companies are listening to consumers nowadays. Knowing that, you better be well informed or otherwise it's like masturbation...something satisfiable but not the real thing and above all, something you do on your own...you don't annoy other people with it.

Thats ok mate, I understand where you are coming from.

I have been gaming for a dogs age (as have you) and can remember the days when companies had to release games that were complete and bug free. It seems all too easy for companies these days to bring out a game that is not fully working and then go, "Its okay, we are aware of all the things that are wrong but will bring you a patch that fixes it soon!"

Surely if they are aware of the problems they should put back the release and work on the issues before the game hits the shops

When is something a finished product???? In days when virtually everybody has internet is it necessary to have a finished product? It seems to me that it is a very old fashion way of seeing things.

That's a ridiculous statement. That's like saying with all the garages around, do car makers need to make fully working cars? I'm sorry but I pay my money for a game, a FULL game. Not a demo, not a beta. A FULL game that has been thoroughly tested. If there are some SMALL bugs, then fine. But year after year they release beta's which need HUGE patches and people are paying for a beta.

The internet is not an excuse for releasing buggy games just so you can have a product out to meet your deadline.

I don't think that FM is a buggy game...obviously you think it is...allrigh with me.
If you would reread your post above you will certainly understand why i simply say: lets agree to disagree or is this a ridiculous statement too...

CW: as a matter of fact, i'm a relative novice in playing games...it must be 6 year i play games now...i'm far from an hardcore gamer...i'm even quite lousy at it.

I can understand why such problems are there and I don't blame SI as such. There's so many millions of lines of code in the game that it's a miracle there aren't more bugs than there are, and more serious ones at that (such as crashes that don't let you continue the game).

I still enjoy it if I give it a chance, but I'm afraid that post I made above is proof enough for me that the game is flawed in the area I'm struggling in. If someone can have twenty shots on target in a match, how can you need to alter your tactics or your player instructions? Any manager would be over the moon with that kind of statistic after a match; if only one or two of them went in the fucking net.

I can understand why such problems are there and I don't blame SI as such. There's so many millions of lines of code in the game that it's a miracle there aren't more bugs than there are, and more serious ones at that (such as crashes that don't let you continue the game).

I still enjoy it if I give it a chance, but I'm afraid that post I made above is proof enough for me that the game is flawed in the area I'm struggling in. If someone can have twenty shots on target in a match, how can you need to alter your tactics or your player instructions? Any manager would be over the moon with that kind of statistic after a match; if only one or two of them went in the fucking net.

LMAO know i remember why i gave this game up:lmao: Footie Manager 06 , was United , had Rooney, Smith, Villa, Saha, and didnt score 1 goal in something like 15 games was stupid so i thought fack it

does anyone have problems getting the game to work 'occasionally', sometimes including for the last 2 hours i put the disc in the disk drive and then the light flashes but stops, and its like the disc is stuck or something, then when i click on the shortcut it says insert disc lol any help very much appreciated.

Milanista, i've just lost my first two points with Atalanta: a 1-1 draw against AC Milan.
Milan were by far thebetter team but in the 93th minute Maldini lostthe ball to Zampagna and he equalised...i can't complain.
Still top of the table two points before Milan...

Hello lads, I've made an England FC database if anyone is interested. Basically, an all English team (players, staff, and board members) replace Scunthorpe in the Coca-Cola Championship.

The only quirks are that Scunthorpe's badge and kit haven't been replaced (I don't know how). Other than that, it's pretty good if I do say so myself.

Comments and criticism are welcome.

http://files.filefront.com/England+FC+betarar/;9319532;/fileinfo.html

SI have announced on their forums that they will be releasing a new patch "after the January transfer window" that address the shots-to-goals ratio. Which is great and crap at the same time (means waiting another month before I can enjoy the game properly).

Back
Top Bottom