Football Manager 2008

here is my tactical_templates.xml file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?empzzxvjmhv

you will need to replace it with the one already in your fm2008/data/tactics folder. i have just added a setup for each position (as well as the ones already in there by default) so you won't lose anything... to get this to work, you need to 'set player instructions' in the tactics screen before a match. you will only need to do it once, unless you are changing mid-way through a game, eg. bringing on a striker for a defender, then you would need to set the sub to striker's settings...

by default, i don't think the game does a job good of assigning the instuctions of how a particular player should behave in a particular position so some of you might find this useful - it has certainly worked for me...

for those who like to micro-manage, you can edit the file in notepad and make a setting for each individual player in your squad, then assign it to them from the tactics screen before each match. for example, if your left winger has 20 in long shots, you can create a set of instructions that he will always adhere to, thereby always making him try long shots often... i used to hate having to set each players' instructions manually, then i discovered this solved all my problems... :)

Thanks for the training schedules mate. I'll take a look at player instructions but I usually do my own instructions by tweaking the default ones. I find they're pretty good though I tend to make one MC slightly more defensive to bring them closer to the defense (better for linking the play). I also take my DC's off direct passing as I'd prefer them to short-pass like the rest of the team.

Is there anyway to reduce transfer frequency for big clubs? Milan and inter both spent over £30m in the January market of the first season which is absolutely ridiculous. Why would Milan sign Aguero, Tevez and Zapater in a week!? It just makes it so unrealistic!

Truth. Scroll down the page.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3982067063/p/25

"To give you a further update.

We have encountered some minor issues that have caused some delays, but we're still hopeful of releasing the final patch later this evening.

As it currently stands, we're looking at late evening time here in the UK before anything is available. The patch will not be ready before the international football matches that are taking place this evening and is likely to be at some point after they've finished.

I can also confirm that the patch will come with an updated database. It includes changes from up to the end of last week.

Thanks again for your continued patience and please try to refrain from asking for a specific time the patch will be out."

I'm doing a game with Atalanta Bergamo...
After 8 games, i have 24 points (and i did not cheat...) and of course top of the table...but the board isn't entirly happy with me because i've done a "bad signing" i.e. Kevin Mirallas who is currently the top assister of Serie A (9 assists and that is a lot IMHO)...oh and i only loaned Mirallas...i haven't spent a euro cent on transfers...

After a start like that i t can only get wose because i've played teams like Catania, Empoli, Udinese, Sienna, Reggina, Livorno, Parma and Juventus...

I like the challenge...but Atalanta's board is unreasonable...

All boards are, with my team they expected a top-half finish. I'm 4th and they're slating me for making one poor LOAN SIGNING (who costs NOTHING, so I get rid of him and then they're slating me for a 4-0 loss twenty games ago).

I've gone off it to be honest, I'm stuck on the 360 most nights now. It's a great game but I'm just getting the feeling of been there, done it, and why does the board hate me...

Truth. Scroll down the page.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3982067063/p/25

"To give you a further update.

We have encountered some minor issues that have caused some delays, but we're still hopeful of releasing the final patch later this evening.

As it currently stands, we're looking at late evening time here in the UK before anything is available. The patch will not be ready before the international football matches that are taking place this evening and is likely to be at some point after they've finished.

I can also confirm that the patch will come with an updated database. It includes changes from up to the end of last week.

Thanks again for your continued patience and please try to refrain from asking for a specific time the patch will be out."

Awesome, thanks for that.

Can't wait to finally start a proper game. :)

Patch 8.0.1 is out. I'm not even going to post the change list this time as it's disgustingly long. Good job that it's all fixed now though, I just hope the new bugs aren't even worse...

DOWNLOAD HERE

That's what I said. I didn't even edit it or nothing. Honest. :)

I can't get any of the links to work so far, the servers are too busy and the torrent file has no seeds looking at it now, so... Hm. Could be tomorrow morning before I get hold of it.

EDIT: The torrent's just finished up now, woohoo. Time for bed, d'oh.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the one from jolt.co.uk and it wont install, comes up with an error. "Not a valid win 32 application"

Back
Top Bottom