First Impressions J.League Winning Eleven 10

I have played a few games on it now and I think the game is pretty much identical to PES 6, but with much worse goalkeepers, better than WE10 but not as good as PES 6.

I never thought I would see the day when PES would be better than WE, but this day is finally here.

Nick, absolutely right! :lol:

Like Disqo says it's not that different from PES6 although it is a little more fluid, I'll be playing this instead of PES6.

But it's hard to remember the last time I put on a new version and was impressed with the overall improvement it was on the previous one, probably Winning Eleven 7 was the last big jump for me. One can only hope they've been busy putting all their concentration into the PS3 version, and that it'll blow us away.

Yes Winning Eleven 7 was totally different from the previous version...but this was another story...

I remember playing PES for years, and then playing WE6FE. I was absolutely stunned, I didn't think a games console would ever get a game to a level of realism and playability that was before me. Even my 60-year-old dad, who thinks every console is a waste of money and that games are "kiddies games" (every time he sees FIFA he says "why can't Pro Evo have kits like that, it's disgusting about the licenses, it's only a kiddies game for God's sake"), was wide-eyed and silent. In 20 years, he didn't take a single day off work, but on the night I put that disc in the PS2, he stayed up until 4am playing it, and ended up being half an hour late (which was the first time he'd ever been late).

Since then, every game (to both of us) has been "well, I like that you can do X, but they've totally ruined X" - "that was perfect last year, why did they have to do that?" - "why can't you do X any more, what was the point in taking that out?" - "have they still not fixed that?!". It feels like either Seabass has run out of ideas, or that he was a genius with the PSone but has no idea how to get what he wants out of next-gen consoles. All of the PES games since the PSone days have been a PSone game with PS2 graphics over the top (say what you like about the physics getting better, but in each new version players seem more and more magnetised to the ball, and the game gives you as little control as possible - I remember someone on here saying months ago, "try running straight at the goal in training and pressing shoot without any direction, you'll see how bad it is", and I was gobsmacked watching several players hitting shots wherever they wanted to. As if half the passes going to the completely wrong man isn't bad enough; I honestly preferred the PSone control system, at least it was fair all-round).

The fact that he's said off-the-record to a reporter that his team are too small and it's getting more difficult each year makes me incredibly angry. Business is business, unfortunately, but you'd want him to have the decency to say to Konami "look, I've worked on a shoestring budget for ten years, I make one of your biggest selling games and you're giving me fuck all here, there's no point in me making PES5/6/7 because it's going to be the same, give me a break and you'll get a few million more sales". Of course Konami will turn around and say, as mentioned above, "if we sell the same game three times a year then we'd make three times the money, and besides, we've given you £3 million to spend on licenses, you're bleeding us dry here old man" (and I'm willing to bet the licenses was more their idea than his, "if we can put the Serie A logo on the box and an England logo on Terry's shirt then we'll sell as many as FIFA").

It's such a shame.

Last edited:
Remember the time,

when we were all playing WE6FE, the japanese commentary was simply the best ever!! In those days when you scored a (good) goal, one of the two jap. commentators would actually "scream" GOAAAAALL, sometimes several seconds long. I've played that game for months and months but just before WE7 was coming out I was playing a couple of matches against a friend of mine, I scored a stunning goal, one of my best ever probably. The jap. commentator started what sounded like a combo of screaming the word GOAL. He started screaming G...G.....G....GOO....GOOO.....GOOOO.....GOAAA...GOAAAALLL

I am not making this up!! Actually the commentators had alot of different ways of celebrating good goals (not tap-ins). I have always remembered those WE6FE days as some of the best ever.

Now I was wondering if it couldn't be possible to put the Jap. Commentary from WE6FE into WE10JL (for instance)?? must be doable right??

Just got the game and got in one match this morning. The passing is definetly different from WE10. They arent always perfect anymore. keepers seem improved a bit, made some nice saves. But overall doesnt seem too much different. Maybe I will notice more when I get teh chance to play a bit more.

I hated PES6, played 30 or so games, it is not going back into my PS2. Woeful.

WE10 was playable, some of the bugs tend to piss us off but at least it was balanced and nicely rounded.

Is WE10JL more unresponsive, every player same skills, 50 meter perfect passes, defense 10 meters from attackers, stray passes and impossible last ditch passes going perfect etc. stuff?

Or is it more like our beloved, holy WE6FE?

Jack, explain to me how there making three times the money, THE JAPANEESE VERSION IS NOT MEANT TO BE SOLD IN EUROPE, AND VICE VERSA..... this game seems more fluid as classic noted. Played one game so far, im going to start a ML tonight.

hmm i started an ML, but noticed the passing was just as fast as WE10... I think i like PES6 better..
I think that the passing is not as fast as WE10. In WE10 the passing is way more faster! The passing in WE10jl is a little more faster than in PES6, that's right. Althought, that's my experience

I hate t sa that but, WE10Jleague is a PES6 clone, with very litle changes! That is the first time a Winning eleven Game feels like PES! Where are the good old Days i Play we and feel the new! It was on WE7!Or WE7 Int???? I dont know! From We8 now we get every Year the same Graphics! thats unbelivable, no new Stadium???? Nothing??? That means Konami give a shit on us! and they give all their love to th next gen Games! Yes but only on PS3 because the X-box 360 version is a desaster! my PS2 can do it better!!! what the Fuck goies on in Konamis Minds???? PES6 on x-box 360 is a Joke, PES6 on Playstation 2 is a Gameplaydesaster same as on PC, everyone can feel it Konami goes ARCADE!!!!

Jack, explain to me how there making three times the money, THE JAPANEESE VERSION IS NOT MEANT TO BE SOLD IN EUROPE, AND VICE VERSA
Not meant to be, but is. Tons of us import it, therefore, they sell a game to us three times. WE10, PES6, WE10JL, three games within a year.

Just because you don't doesn't mean nobody else does. With this being a hardcore fan site, I think a big percentage do, actually.

Not meant to be, but is. Tons of us import it, therefore, they sell a game to us three times. WE10, PES6, WE10JL, three games within a year.

Just because you don't doesn't mean nobody else does. With this being a hardcore fan site, I think a big percentage do, actually.

but jack, do you know how small that is? its so small that if all of you boycotted WE, they wouldnt even notice. So no, i still contend konami is not making any money off you importers, because your so small in numbers its completley insignificant..... so you guys need to stop making statements that there making money three times over, there not.

JLWE10 gameplay is excatly to PES6. The game speed its a little faster than PES6.

I remember that in an interview to Seabass, he commented the PES6 would be the evolution of the WE10. The changes between the WE10 and the PES6 are true. PES6 is not the same game for Europe for the first time.
I believe the true evolution we will see it in the PES3.

Guys, i think this is right.. correct me if wrong.

ADBOARDS

9562 - Asia Championship
9563 - England Cup
9564 - England League
9565 - European Masters Cup
9566 - French Cup
9567 - Italian Cup
9568 - ?
9569 - Netherlands Cup
9570 - Shun-Ou Cup
9571 - Spanish Cup
9572 - World Championship
9578 - Euro Championship
9579 - ISS Cup
9580 - J League
9581 - J League
9582 - J AllStars
9583 - Konami Cup
9584 - Konami Friendly Match
9585 - Konami Friendly Match
9586 - Konami Friendly Match
9587 - Konami League
9588 - French League
9589 - Netherlands National
9591 - Master League
9592 - Maste League Cup
9594 - San Siro
9598 - Bernabeu

STADIUMS

9611 - J-Village
9677 - Sapporo Dome
9743 - Kashima Soccer Stadium
9809 - Urawa Komaba
9875 - Ichihara Seaside Stadium
9941 - Hitachi Kashiwa Stadium
10007 - Ajinmoto
10073 - Nissan Stadium
10139 - Nihondaira
10205 - Yamaha Stadium
10271 - Mizuho Athletic Stadium
10337 - Expo '70
10403 - Nagai
10469 - Kobe Universiade
10535 - Hiroshima Big Arch
10601 - Hakatanomori Football Stadium
10667 - Tokyo National Stadium
10733 - Sendai
10799 - Nishiyogoku
10865 - Gunma Stadium
10931 - Tokushima Naruto
10997 - Yamagata
11063 - Kasamatsu Stadium
11129 - Todoroki
11195 - Yokohama Mitsuzawa
11261 - Hiratsuka
11327 - Kose Sports Stadium
11393 - Niigata "Big Swan" Stadium
11459 - Tosu Stadium
11525 - Oita "Big Eye" Stadium
11591 - Saitama
11657 -
11723 - Wing Stadium ?
11789 - Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa
11855 - Fukuda Denshi Arena ?
11921 - ?
11987 - training ground
12053 - san siro
12119 - nou camp
12189 - highbury
12255 - amsterdam arena
12321 - olympiastadion munich
12387 - stade louis ii
12453 - old trafford
12519 - King Fahd Stadium
12585 - bombanera
12651 - vodacom park
12717 - nacional santiago
12783 - delle alpi
12849 - stadio olimpico
12915 - ennio tardini
12981 - stamford bridge
13047 - anfield
13113 - parc des princes
13179 - stade velodrome
13245 - Signal Iduna stadium
11311 - rasunda
11377 - st james' park
13443 - de kuip
13509 - Schuco - online stadium
13575 - newlands
13641 - olypiastadion berlin
13707 - riazor
13773 - mestalla
13839 - Seoul World Cup 2002

yeah really what is different? I saw they had a asian champions league format but its only 18 teams!!!! I was pretty pissed you couldnt do group format home and away, then knock out stages. WHY OH WHY DOES KONAMI NOT GIVE US THIS OPTION!!!!!

I really don't know how anyone can say WE10JL it's a exact copy of PES6! I'm surprised, have you seen the ball physics? Just this topic makes the gameplay totally different. For me it's a great game.

Whats the ML structure now like? What's so different?

There's a few new options at the start.

The best structure is if you choose the Japanese ML where you have an 18 team Division 1 and 13 teams in Division 2. There's a Japanese Cup (knock-out format) with all 31 clubs and another CL style tournament which seems to involve some clubs from around the world (not sure which, it was all in Japanese when I last played it).

Another of the options is to use the Japanese structure (ie 18 and 13 teams) but using any of the clubs, including all the European ones. However, there's not a 31 team knock-out cup, though, just a Div 1 Cup. There's also the standard CL type tournament.

The other option is to play in one of the 6 European club leagues, eg. you can choose to play the Premiership (all 20 teams, but with no Division 2, so no promotion/relegation), but all the other European Divisions run simultaneously, and you can view the league tables of the other leagues whenever you want to see how they're doing, eg. you can view the French or Italian League table whenever you want, etc. There'a also a CL format tournament and I think a domestic knock-out cup.

I think there's one or two other new managment style options but I've not played it since the latest Japanese->English translation, so not sure what they are.

All in all, it's an improvement, but to be honest, given how relatively simple (in comparison with having the write the gameplay AI, etc) it would be to make something brilliant of the ML, I'm not exactly very excited by it.

If we get the same lame ML again I wont be buying it, Konami have got enough cash out of me and have taken the P for long enough. It's 2007 and they still don't display how many games a player has played in the league season for Pete's sake...

Well the thing is football gamers dont have much choice when they want to balance gameplay and manager mode. Theres PES6, whose gameplay is good, but ML structure is shit. Theres FIFA 07, with an AMAZING manager mode, but the gameplay doesnt seem quite right (ive played one whole season), most of the matches play the same, then we have FIFA 07 on 360, whose gameplay is AWESOME! But the manager mode sux tbh with only 5 leagues. So as far as balancing gameplay and manager mode this year, WE10 JL is the choice for me.

but jack, do you know how small that is? its so small that if all of you boycotted WE, they wouldnt even notice. So no, i still contend konami is not making any money off you importers, because your so small in numbers its completley insignificant..... so you guys need to stop making statements that there making money three times over, there not.
Really? You don't think they would notice? Who the feck are you kidding? All I see on various sites is advertisements to import WE10. If lots of people are not doing it, those advertisements wouldnt exist (FFS just look at the top of this website "Order from Play-Asia.com - J-League Winning Eleven 10"). And excuse me, but according to your own posts in other various threads, you have WE10, PES6, and WE10JL. So, for simple basic math here 1+1+1=3, they just sold you the same game three times in one year........equaling.......(gasp) three times the profit.

Last edited:
Really? You don't think they would notice? Who the feck are you kidding? All I see on various sites is advertisements to import WE10. If lots of people are not doing it, those advertisements wouldnt exist (FFS just look at the top of this website "Order from Play-Asia.com - J-League Winning Eleven 10"). And excuse me, but according to your own posts in other various threads, you have WE10, PES6, and WE10JL. So, for simple basic math here 1+1+1=3, they just sold you the same game three times in one year........equaling.......(gasp) three times the profit.
jack your kidding yourself bro... i gurantee less then 5% of all ps2's are chipped or have harddrives or swap magic. And then the amount of people actually buying it is probably even less, do to the ease of pirating, cmon jack, why do people have chipped ps2's, to play foregin games, or to play games illegally? get real man

any change or advance is good,this time it is the quick free kick,hopfully we'll be able to get stuck into the goalkeeper "cudicini style".I think it's better than we10,the header's seem a little different.

Back
Top Bottom