FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

Fifa 19 demo doesn't have hdr support on pc. I wonder if the full game has? Fifa 18 had it.
Yes I know about Fifa 19 demo but I am playing Fifa 19 full release on origin premier and the HDR is switching on for half of a second and switching off straight away. It is very strange as HDR on my pc is working on youtube videos and overall even on my pc desktop. Do anyone know how to play Fifa 19 with HDR on pc ?

I noticed the squads were updated yesterday.

I love the new Exeter team, our Goalkeeper coach is in the game as a keeper.
He's not bad either.

Yeah I restarted Player career and have a better formation now. Ironically the real Wednesday switched to a back three today against Villa but it was a 3-4-3.

I really hope this has a massive day one patch..
The changing formation thing is really annoying, just randomly at any point during a half.

Also need to find a skill level which is enjoyable, legendary is just absolutely no fun this year with the perfect one touch passing from box to box.

Will try WC and see if the CPU is any different.

Is it changing formation because you haven't set up the formations for each attacking emphasis? I was curious about that as I saw that you can have a completely different formation for defensive than you do for attacking, which is actually a really great new feature, starting with 4231 on normal, the fullbacks are wingbacks when I've selected attacking, and I have two in attack, then on defensive one of my attackers becomes a midfielder and my fullbacks are tight close to my centrebacks and my most defensive midfielder is sat just in front of the centrebacks.

PC guys - i'm downloading the PC demo right now to see if its stutter-free

i'd like to know from your past Fifa PC experience (because i am debating PC vs PS4) :

-do you guys have a manual community?
-are there lag cheats/cheaters on FUT PC?
- is there any facility to message your opponent (like "good game" or "manual player")
- can you matchmake with any manual filter on PC?

ALSO IMPORTANTLY can you play this game without internet connection i.e. no net connection whatsoever with origin in offline mode?

thanks

Last edited:
Man, I can't even play at the moment. As of today, whenever I boot up the game, it just scrolls to the right (in the menu) ridiculously fast. I unplugged all USB related hardware and it still does it. Great.

Is it changing formation because you haven't set up the formations for each attacking emphasis? I was curious about that as I saw that you can have a completely different formation for defensive than you do for attacking, which is actually a really great new feature, starting with 4231 on normal, the fullbacks are wingbacks when I've selected attacking, and I have two in attack, then on defensive one of my attackers becomes a midfielder and my fullbacks are tight close to my centrebacks and my most defensive midfielder is sat just in front of the centrebacks.

This might make some sense of it, as I always change to Attacking as soon as the game starts, otherwise midfielders and wingers are very static.

However I change it to attacking immediately, and the formation doesn't change until a random time in the half rather than straight away.

The formation also resorts to default about 60% of the time at half time no matter what happens.

When I change formation at half time, again it will resort to the normal formation as soon as the half starts.

I will have a look tonight at setting the formation for each style and see what happens, as it is my main gripe.

I have also changed to WC skill level now and although the CPU still tries to play very good short first time passing, it isn't as effective and it is no longer scoring with every shot.

Last edited:
in additions to my question
Man, I can't even play at the moment. As of today, whenever I boot up the game, it just scrolls to the right (in the menu) ridiculously fast. I unplugged all USB related hardware and it still does it. Great.

Installed the PC demo - how refreshing to have a game that plays smooth with needing to tinker with Nvidia settings etc.

However, exited and then when I move RS left I have a RS drift which takes the mouse pointer the left.
Swapped controller and when I move RS to right I get a drift to the right.

Whilst PC should logically be top preference due to power/gfx, these little things just push me over to console.

This might make some sense of it, as I always change to Attacking as soon as the game starts, otherwise midfielders and wingers are very static.

However I change it to attacking immediately, and the formation doesn't change until a random time in the half rather than straight away.

The formation also resorts to default about 60% of the time at half time no matter what happens.

When I change formation at half time, again it will resort to the normal formation as soon as the half starts.

I will have a look tonight at setting the formation for each style and see what happens, as it is my main gripe.

I have also changed to WC skill level now and although the CPU still tries to play very good short first time passing, it isn't as effective and it is no longer scoring with every shot.

At first I didn't understand how the new tactics worked and I changed the original 532 to a 4321 but that was only that formation on neutral attacking, defensive or offensive changes went back to the original 532 and then confused me! In the pause menu now it shows the attacking emphasis underneath the formation in the bottom left iirc.

At first I didn't understand how the new tactics worked and I changed the original 532 to a 4321 but that was only that formation on neutral attacking, defensive or offensive changes went back to the original 532 and then confused me! In the pause menu now it shows the attacking emphasis underneath the formation in the bottom left iirc.
Yeah each individual "mode" - all-out defence to all-out attack - has its own bank of settings, including individual formations. Changing the formation of the standard (neutral) game-plan doesn't change it for all game-plans. @bsmaff is this what's been causing your issues do you think?

(If not, please get some videos, because EA seem blissfully unaware of this at the minute!)

As far as I can tell, there's no generic "defend/attack" slider for each of these settings - you just set each one to dedicate more men back/forward than the last (which they do by default - so all-out attack pumps everyone into the box for crosses and set-pieces for example, by default).

So it's like PES' Fluid Formations? Something like that?

Oh God, night lighting other than UCL is still garbage. And I'm not just talking about the grass or brightness. Just look at the players on cutscene close ups. They look like cartoon due to bland lighting.

EA should just fire their art director.

Damn!
And do they work as one would want them too? Are there any niggles?
The only niggles I'm aware of are the ones @bsmaff has mentioned, where they seem to reset to a default under certain match conditions. At the risk of sounding like Arsène Wenger, I've not seen it, but I could well have missed it.

The AI seems to use them too - they switch plans during the game depending on the score (which can be proven conclusively by playing a Be A Pro career game - when the AI manager changes between tactics, the tactics selection box appears, i.e. the one you see when you change the tactics manually using the D-PAD in an ordinary game).

Lots of scope for editors looking to create a more realistic AI (I think, by default, every team uses the same formation in each slot?). But I'll hold my hands up, I don't think I can be bothered editing anything, because I don't know if it needs doing.

Playing Barcelona in the Champions League, I found their midfield three sitting deep once they'd got the lead against me. (Just one example, there are lots.)

The downer for career mode is that managers don't swap clubs - possibly for licensing reasons? So you don't get to see clubs evolve into new styles under new managers.

The more I play this the less I am actually enjoying it I think.

There are some things I like about the game, but the more game I am playing the more I am noticing things that annoy me. Main gripe is still how perfect some teams/players are, scoring volleys regularly and goals from outside the box. Also players running into eachother and one guy just being down on the floor as a result... at first I liked the physical side, and do in many ways, but at times it looks silly.

I am only doing the Origin trial at the minute with intention of buying it after, but I am not sure now.

Thanks Placebo.

Tried it last night and it seemed to explain the issues I had with formations resorting themselves back to default all the time.

I changed each formation to something different and it never resorted back to 4-4-2.

Now the only issue is I can't find a way to change the players round in the different formations, so when I go attacking you still have to pause the game to then change the players into the correct positions.
I use 5-3-2 (Ultra Defensive), 4-3-3 Defensive (Defensive), 4-3-3. 4-3-3 Attacking and 4-2-4.
But the 4-3-3 formations don't keep the players in the correct positions when switching between them, something that either I am being stupid or the option just isn't there.

I have also tried the game now on WC for a few games and find it much more enjoyable, Legendary this year just plays terrible and the CPU plays TIKA-TAKA, and scores with every shot and wins every header.
World Class is similar but the CPU will play slightly different and won't score with every single shot and the game is certainly more balanced.

Now the only issue is I can't find a way to change the players round in the different formations, so when I go attacking you still have to pause the game to then change the players into the correct positions.
I use 5-3-2 (Ultra Defensive), 4-3-3 Defensive (Defensive), 4-3-3. 4-3-3 Attacking and 4-2-4.
But the 4-3-3 formations don't keep the players in the correct positions when switching between them, something that either I am being stupid or the option just isn't there.

I think what you'll need to do is to "build" each formation by manually moving the correct players around to the desired position for each formation, rather than choosing the pre-built formations for each attacking emphasis, time consuming but it's obviously going to be really powerful in matches to be able to keep flicking between defending/attacking and knowing exactly how that changes things during a game.

The annoying thing about formations obviously is there's really no point setting up a second or third formation (unless of course you change between them based on each opponent before kickoff) because as with the last couple of Fifa's there's no way (unless I'm being blind) of changing to other saved formations during a match.

OK, I got FIFA 19 Champions Edition.

First thoughts: MUCH better than the Demo. And looking so beautiful.
I think I'm not letting anyone else ever again say PES looks better than FIFA.

I just need to sort this choppiness in-between cutscenes because it's driving me nuts. Like in-between the Champions League tunnel cinematic, it stutters a little, then it's smooth, then it stutters again when coming out of that cinematic. DAMN!

The more I play it, the more the speed up seems to be a combination of this new motion blur + audio they've added. It seems that these two are not quite in-sync, so the video speeds up to catch up to the audio. This is especially evident in the cutscenes. Could be my PC too though.

Have you been able to fix this mate?

Have you been able to fix this mate?

graphics settings?

take care that "Lock to 60fps" is a false statement. I mean it is not a 60fps lock. ¡It works like vsync!

I put:

FIFA settings: lock to 60fps
GForce panel: default settings
-----------------------------------------------------------
great sync gameplay but cut scenes are terrible.

-or-

FIFA settings: No limit fps
GForce panel: force vsync
sync gameplay, but a bit unresposive, cut scenes flows like water.

graphics settings?

take care that "Lock to 60fps" is a false statement. I mean it is not a 60fps lock. ¡It works like vsync!

I put:

FIFA settings: lock to 60fps
GForce panel: default settings
great sync gameplay but cut scenes are terrible.

-or-

FIFA settings: No limit fps
GForce panel: force vsync
sync gameplay, but a bit unresposive, cut scenes flows like water.
After forcing Vsync from Nvcp, if you use this trick: https://www.blurbusters.com/howto-low-lag-vsync-on/

The input lag will be greatly reduced due to not having extra frames for storing on frame buffer.

What's the process for stopping the game from updating and/or reverting back?

Is it as simple as turning off automatic updates in Origin? I know previously I've run Origin itself in offline mode but it doesn't seem to like this very much.

You should create a backup of your Fifa folder as well just in case.

Yeah I've done that, would it be just a case of overwriting the updated one then. I'm sure I remember trying to restore it that way before but Origin wouldn't load the game up.

Back
Top Bottom