Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Can anyone confirm what the day1 patch does? Any negative impact in gameplay, such as speeding it up, more ping-pong or reduced defending, all the usual shit to pacify FUT tossers complaining that it's too realistic?

Have played only 1 match so far and really like it, definitely better than the demo. I'm getting the same feeling I did when FIFA16 first came out which has been the best FIFA to date, imo. Having been firmly with PES for the past couple of years, so far, this is better than PES19 in almost every respect. PES still has the better core physics/feel and I prefer the PES keepers.

I just want to update the squads but unfortunately it requires installation of the update, which I'm very wary of.

@Chris Davies Would you say ball is bigger than in the BETA and demo?

Absolutely. No doubt about it.

Can anyone confirm what the day1 patch does? Any negative impact in gameplay, such as speeding it up, more ping-pong or reduced defending, all the usual shit to pacify FUT tossers complaining that it's too realistic?

Have played only 1 match so far and really like it, definitely better than the demo. I'm getting the same feeling I did when FIFA16 first came out which has been the best FIFA to date, imo. Having been firmly with PES for the past couple of years, so far, this is better than PES19 in almost every respect. PES still has the better core physics/feel and I prefer the PES keepers.

I just want to update the squads but unfortunately it requires installation of the update, which I'm very wary of.

There is no Day 1 Patch yet because... it's not Day 1 yet. Tomorrow.
They said they would be more open regarding changes in the updates this year, so let's hope they post a change log tomorrow, IF there is a Day 1 Patch at all. I don't even know if that's confirmed.

Got my copy today. Mainly FUT player and apart from the bigger ball I cant seem much difference to FIFA 18. Graphics is the same as 18, commentary (Tyler and Smith) is very similar to last years. Ball physics feels weird sometimes when it flies off like a ballon. Also could do with more bounce when it moves along the grass instead of moving like ice hockey puck .Maybe its because I have been playing PES a lot. Probably need to play it a bit more.

If you’ve been playing pes a lot, no matter how shit the AI is, it slaughters fifa on ball physics.

Was dicking around in kick off while I tested some slider tweaks. I played a match against Leicester and then Arsenal. Nothing that hasn't been said before, but still love how both games felt completely different in term's of the AI's approach. The former let me have a lot of the ball, but were very compact in the final third which made them difficult to break down. Arsenal were much more gung-ho and direct (as expected) which lead to more defensive gaps, but I ended up losing 3-2. Fun stuff!

Love moments like this. Hazard produces that bit of class when you need it the most.

We've released our Version 1, Beta 3 set. Feel free to check it out.

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V1B3
Difficulty
: Pro, World Class, Legendary, Ultimate
Time: 10 minute halves
Speed: Slow
Controls: Semi
►Sprint Speed: from 51/50 to 45/46
- V1B3: CPU gets the advantage this time and that is to help the collision and momentum against a user. Lowering the Sprint, in general, allows the physicality to be there, but then creating the discrepancy means that the CPU will stay in the fight longer (not give up and let you run past them) and also when they barrel through you, it could be a good chance for the ref to call a foul - or advantage.

►Acceleration: 50/50; Legendary/Ultimate use 50/49
- Found that in order to compete on Legendary and Ultimate team, that the CPU's acceleration just had to be lowered. Too much cheating and it wasn't very realistic to play where the CPU wins every loose ball, every pass and scores at will. Still a good challenge here.

►Shot Error: from 51/51 to 52/52
- V1B3: Raised a bit more, and has more room to go up, but for now it is good here. The CPU can definitely strike the ball well, sometimes too well. I personally like 53, but that may change as I get more matches in.

►Pass Error: from 55/55 to 60/60
- V1B3: This goes up a bit more because we've increased pass speed. Simple as that. No issues with crosses.

►Shot Speed: 48/48
- Lowered this value because the shots were way too powerful on default. It'd be one thing if it were a powerful shot, but the keeper also doesn't look quite right in their saves when this happens. At 48, they still shoot with venom, and adjustments to the goalkeeper are made to accommodate this change.

►Pass Speed: from 45/45 to 57/57
- V1B3 FIFA 19 needs more "pop!" in the ball. It's a bit lethargic and I always say it's like a waterlogged pitch. Raising the pass speed helps a bit, so that's what we did. Cannot go too high here as that creates an immediate outlet for the CPU to go into "bypass the user's midfield" mode.

►Injury Frequency: 70/70
- Just a bump of significance to see if we get more injuries during the game. Would be nice if it were this easy
smile.gif

►Injury Severity: 60/60
- Same as Injury frequency, some depth the CM would be added when star players get injured.

►GK Ability: 48/48
- As mentioned above, this adjustment helps the 48 shot speed look more realistic, and the keeper can still make some blinding saves.

►Marking: from 40/40 to 55/55
- V1B3: For the first time, we were able to modify the marking value to be above 50. This is a welcomed change because while the under 50 values was good in concept (under 50 = more zonal), it struggled in execution, with lack of pressure defensively and not marking players in the box. This increase is marking is only possible with the line adjustments to follow below.

►Run Frequency: 1/1
- Always a value that we say we aren't going to drop, but each time it is just a core issue of the game itself where it is acceptable to bombard players forward.

►Height: from 65/60 to 75/75
- V1B3: Significant increase here because the defensive line was quite disconnected to the midfielders. Once the midfield was bypassed, the forwards were able to turn and face the defensive line. While not as bad as past FIFA's, it's still some legacy coding going on.

►Length: from 45/50 to 35/35
- V1B3: The goal to lower length here is to get that compactness back, which introduces the midfield again. All the other values came afterwards to further enhance it. The thing I like about this length is that it feels more like a 45 because it's not as spread out as you would think. The real test here was to try it with different teams and formations, each 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 passed the test. From there it was more about determining the look of aggressive to passive team tactics defensively, which also passed the test. Note: the aggressive teams are aggressive for a reason, they will leave gaps, but they will also recover well.

►Width: from 52/52 to 75/75
- V1B3: Significant bump again, but led to the set really shining now. First off, FIFA 19's width of 50 (default) is more like a 30. The outside backs tuck in far too much, and get sucked out of position as a result. Even bumping it to 75, without adjusting marking to 55, they would try to tuck in too close to the CB. With this adjustment, paired with the length and height + marking, it now allows the outside backs to not only stay wide in the attack, but also stay goal-side in defense. In some scenarios using a 4-3-3, you may see the outside midfielder mark the FB a bit tighter, but that is because of length + marking. The good thing is they will stay goal-side defending, and also get wide in the midfield, then buckle down into the box as the attack goes deeper.

►FB Positioning: from 100/100 to 50/50
- V1B3: I learned a lot about this value over the last couple of days, and realized that it's best to leave this at 50. The reason being is the tactics/instructions will take over, there's no point in fiddling with it. I did test it, with these line settings, at different values and each time it just causes chaos. Whether it be from the CPU's attacking directly, or the transition, it didn't matter. Safe to keep it at 50 then.

►FT Control: from 65/65 to 55/55
- V1B3: Bump this down because we increased pass speed. The touches will naturally be a bit more deflections versus subtle touches. Exceptional players will still have great touches on the ball regardless.

Was over looking at Matt's slider thread and someone posted the following question;

If you are on full Manual controls, should the Human Pass Error slider be set to zero?

I'd never thought about it before, but I think it's actually a good question.

In FUT the stadium banners now display your club name, so I wonder if that's what we're seeing?
Could be some edit on a pc version,found it on twitter.
Doubt that EA would go down that route.
But even they didn't,cool
Yeah it could be a Ashley out FUT team

Last edited:
For the guys that have played career mode, do other managers get sacked and move around, also does there philosophies move as well to the other clubs or is the philosophy hard coded for each team regardless which manager moves there.

just started career mode in the german third division and it’s exactly like starting master league with the default players from back in the day
Love this quote - I feel exactly the same starting with Tranmere. I know where the strengths are and they're more represented in this game than any other. Building it up is so much fun. Just like the days of the ML originals.

For the guys that have played career mode, do other managers get sacked and move around, also does there philosophies move as well to the other clubs or is the philosophy hard coded for each team regardless which manager moves there.
Unfortunately there's no manager movement - apart from you - and team tactics belong to the team, not the manager. This is my biggest bugbear with the career mode. I think it's a licensing thing with them using manager likenesses on the sidelines. (Or laziness. Who knows.)

Something I don't know, and I've only just thought of, is - what happens if you join a club (say Liverpool), then leave and go somewhere else? Does the original manager (e.g. Klopp) end up back there?

Why do every player accelerate the same way? I cannot fully use players like Messi, Hazard, Neymar, Dybala, etc to their maximum potential when their acceleration is the same as a player rated 0 in accel.

my sliders are tested and completed for this launch fifa 19

il put up a gameplay video when it uploads

is this FUMA controls? if so, any chance of writing out the numbers? (or locate your last post where you wrote the numbers - i've lost that post)

thanks

Why do every player accelerate the same way? I cannot fully use players like Messi, Hazard, Neymar, Dybala, etc to their maximum potential when their acceleration is the same as a player rated 0 in accel.

I'm playing as Liverpool and Salah is brutalizing people. Make sure you're using knock ons when you want to maximize speed.

Finally did a bunch of games. Still haven't touched sliders.. anyway from the first impressions, there really seems to be a lot to love.

Individuality is at his best in the saga, cpu actually plays football and as you guys already said, there truly seems to be a completely different feeling from great to small teams. Played a Liverpool-Real Madrid and got hammered by blancos. Then, a Man U (me) -Jubilo Iwata and boy, I could feel all their clunkyness and all the attributes of my guys, like for example Lukaku being a tank truly hard to physically contain, or Pogba dominating their midfield. There are also a lot of lovely small details and animations: in another game I saw Eriksen controlling the ball with his heel, or Lamela doing a kinda clumsy attempt at a flying intercept among the others.
Loving the shooting! There is a lot of personality in it, this year. I had that sweet sensation of truly hitting the ball for most of my shoots.

Of course, little to no fouls.. even if I had a penalty in the Jubilo Iwata game, but for the rest, yes, it seems cpu has the usual problem in doing dirty tackles. If the game stays on this tone is something I can live with, tho, since there still is potentially a ton of variety from the rest.
Headers seems to be a bit op.

I want to conclude with my opinion regarding the "old school pes" feeling.. which I can't see at all, honestly. If I have to describe what the game feels to me, it's like the usual Fifa on super steroids.. which to me is still super worth, of course.. but beware, if you can't stand how Fifa did things, you'll not find the happy Ps2 days here imho.

You know, I've seen this sentiment echoed in quite a few places in regards to FIFA 19, but I believe it's misguided. Is acceleration perfect? Perhaps not, but I believe there's more of an issue with top speed (in regards to "catch up bug") than acceleration.

I can give you examples of dribbling with a few of the players you've listed.

Hazard:
I slowed down, hit RB once to shift my shoulders and then accelerated past him. I do things like this with Hazard all of the time.

Messi:
Speaking of Messi, I had great success with him the other night when I played a handful of matches with Barca. The first bit (around 15 seconds) I was practically at a standstill when I ever so slightly touched the LS to the inside then back out to make him over commit. I proceeded to blow right past him in order to get to ball into Coutinho for the goal.

Salah:
Same deal. A little drop of the shoulder allows me to get into the box. Take notice at around 16 seconds. I slow down, square up the defender and then at the last second, shift the ball from right to left to free up the space.

Perhaps people need to alter their approach because I have examples like this for days. I rarely even use RS skills moves in this FIFA because I no longer need them. That's the key distinction between FIFA 19 and previous iterations.

Last edited:
You know, I've seen this sentiment echoed in quite a few places in regards to FIFA 19, but I believe it's misguided. Is acceleration perfect? Perhaps not, but I believe there's more of an issue with top speed (in regards to "catch up bug") than acceleration.

I can give you examples of dribbling with a few of the players you've listed.

Hazard:
I slowed down, hit RB once to shift my shoulders and then accelerated past him. I do things like this with Hazard all of the time.

Messi:
Speaking of Messi, I had great success with him the other night when I played a handful of matches with Barca. The first bit (around 15 seconds) I was practically at a standstill when I ever so slightly touched the LS to the inside then back out to make him over commit. I proceeded to blow right past him in order to get to ball into Coutinho for the goal.

Salah:
Same deal. A little drop of the shoulder allows me to get into the box. Take notice at around 16 seconds. I slow down, square up the defender and then at the last second, shift the ball from to left to free up the space.

Perhaps people need to alter their approach because I have examples like this for days. I rarely even use RS skills moves in this FIFA because I no longer need them. That's the key distinction between FIFA 19 and previous iterations.

I rarely use sprint, that's probably why I struggle. Having played a lot of PES 2019 recently, dribbling just feels weird again.

@Redhat man, beautiful work with the Messi video. 1:29 and it's planets above all the clowny skills videos I usually come across regarding Fifa/star players.

Back
Top Bottom