Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
In the end, I personally want to play something not boring, that feels at least partially "alive" in football sense. So, I'll take a decent, varied CPU over physics and animations (which, again, to me in Fifa aren't the tragedy somebody is making anyway, once you get used to it) every day of the week.

That's mainly why I'm giving a chance to Fifa.

Exactly. It's not evolved a huge deal - you've got pre-season tournaments, "training" (five players each week who will see their skills grow much more than your other players), transfer negotations where you "talk" to the agent/player in a cut-scene (which is brilliant the first time, annoying the second time)...

But you've also got players who have play-time demands, contracts to sort out, scouting networks to set up, etc. etc. etc.

It's a really good career mode. It could be a lot better (I don't like the training personally, you train a whole squad as a manager, not five players), and there's a lot missing (you can't hire and fire staff). But it's good.

It's better, but not entirely different. It's "tighter". Not quite as fast, AI is more intelligent, difficulty levels are better.

Thanks for the reply, it helps. Now it's just whether to buy it at full price or should I wait until it goes down, but by the time the price drops FIFA 20 will be just round the corner. FIFA 20, 20 is like a big landmark number, right? EA must have something special lined up next year? Maybe, I'll wait next year. :LOL:

I'd say Cech appearing with his cap in the management cutscenes isn't really a deal-breaker... (Nor is it as easy a fix / as blatant an error as the typo we were just discussing in the PES thread!)

I don't think it would be hard to fix that, at all.
In fact all they'd have to do is to have two hairstyles for Cech, one used for games and the other one used for negotiations cutscenes. Sort of a duplicate Cech ID.
Not that I care about it, none one bit anyways. But EA are tremendously weird and lazy in regards to updating player looks. Hairstyles, facial hair, faces, accessories, etc.
Even if I don't care about a freaking helmet on a cutscene (which I usually end up delegating anyways because it becomes too old too quick), it does bother me that EA/FIFA being such a huge platform with so many artists and developers haven't implemented some sort of monthly DLC that would take care of players looks. Again, not because I want to see Neymar's hairstyle change every week, but because I can't understand why an almost indie company like Konami do a great job at updating them with half of EA resources (in terms of employees) yet EA don't seem to care, and can go on for years and years using the exact same face/hairstyle/etc for players. Like the Khedira case
This is something that has bothered me a lot over the years. Their laziness.

So you can't make a bid on a player from any screen except your shortlist, so fucking tedious, scout menu? Nope can't bid there, Email saying they're fully scouted? Nope can't bid from there...

Also now you don't get informed when someone on your shortlist is approached by another club...

So you can't make a bid on a player from any screen except your shortlist, so fucking tedious, scout menu? Nope can't bid there, Email saying they're fully scouted? Nope can't bid from there...

Also now you don't get informed when someone on your shortlist is approached by another club...

I don't see how that last part is unrealistic though, mate.
I don't think you get a heads up in the real world when another club is close to buy a player.
I like that because it kills the speculation. Like... if you're approaching a player to buy him, then buy him... otherwise some other club will.

That's just my POV though.

TpDcqND.png

I don't see how that last part is unrealistic though, mate.
I don't think you get a heads up in the real world when another club is close to buy a player.
I like that because it kills the speculation. Like... if you're approaching a player to buy him, then buy him... otherwise some other club will.

That's just my POV though.
I actually agree with this...it's realistic

Same as can't changing weather and time of KO is realistic.

Jurgen Klopp doesn't wake up on Saturday and say "We're not going to do the 3pm KO today. We'll kick off at 5.30pm tonight instead."

And another thing that some Career Mode players do that REALLLLLLY confuses me:- REPLAYING the match. Why even play a Career mode then? You can just replay every single game until you win. Its stupid.

And dont get me started on simming matches...... :LOL:

I actually agree with this...it's realistic

Same as can't changing weather and time of KO is realistic.

Jurgen Klopp doesn't wake up on Saturday and say "We're not going to do the 3pm KO today. We'll kick off at 5.30pm tonight instead."

And another thing that some Career Mode players do that REALLLLLLY confuses me:- REPLAYING the match. Why even play a Career mode then? You can just replay every single game until you win. Its stupid.

And dont get me started on simming matches...... :LOL:

I'm guilty of doing that.
Or at least I have been guilty of that in past years. When I felt like the game was actually cheating, I'd re-play the match.
I haven't felt cheated on FIFA 19 yet, in my 20 games so... whether I won, drew or lost, I stuck with it.

PES on the other hand.......:NO:

True but it used to be in there, these days most times rumours get posted in newspapers and websites so often managers do get a heads up that a player they're interested in is also being targeted by other clubs...

I see what you mean.
But then you also have cases like this year's Ronaldo move to Juventus which was highly unexpected. There weren't even rumours about it before it was signed and sealed.

But I do agree that there could at least be an option to turn that on or off.

It's certainly not as annoying as the way you have to keep going to the shortlist to make a bid on a player, although I do like the way they display the stats/traits etc in there.

If I buy the game now and use the New Zealand VPN, can I start playing or do I have to wait? (currently in the US)
I'm in the US - we havent got long to wait now, I wouldn't risk VPN or anything [never tried before but surely you can get in trouble?]

In the end, I personally want to play something not boring, that feels at least partially "alive" in football sense. So, I'll take a decent, varied CPU over physics and animations (which, again, to me in Fifa aren't the tragedy somebody is making anyway, once you get used to it) every day of the week.

That's mainly why I'm giving a chance to Fifa.

I'm giving it a chance because of new tactics and team individuality. Cause otherwise on the pitch I'm not too convinced that it dethrones fifa16 based on how it feels to play alone. But it has the potential. We've been asking for these two things for so long! The AI is certainly improved in that it's smarter and even more varied, but on the other hand I don't like how it's more direct and more clinical on legendary (Haven't tried ultimate, doubt I will soon, lol). And while people are trying to work out sliders, I'm very curious about how we can improve these with tactics because the default ones from EA are more often than not, a bit too attack oriented when on default (balanced formation).

doesnt this just mean your goal in legendary is to ensure you do not let CPU have scoring opportunities?

Well that's obviously always the goal. The problem is the first time shots and volleys are near impossible to defend against, and often come from deflections and rebounds which are impossible to defend.

And the worst bit is that you feel robbed when they come against the run of play. When you're dominating play but conceding from these too frequent moments of magic, it's not a good feeling.

Having said that, now that I've started a CM, it's been a different experience. My complaints from before came from just playing UCL matches against top teams. In CM, this hasn't really been an issue when playing against lesser teams. So it's really just an issue when playing against elite level attackers.

And I've also bumped up the difficulty to Ultimate. Starting to get a little concerned again with the difficulty level now that I'm playing a greater variety of teams.

@mfmaxpower do sliders make a difference regarding CPU shooting?

Haven't tried yet. I don't really like to mess with sliders until I feel like I've fully come to grips with the game. Otherwise I tend to make decisions that are skewed. For example I'm seeing plenty of error in shooting in my CM, so I'm not sure yet that I'll touch shot error out of fear of making it even easier. We'll see. As @Alx1234 hinted at, there might be room for improvement on my end.

@Chris Davies Would you say ball is bigger than in the BETA and demo?

It's definitely bigger. It's one of the first differences you'll notice after the demo. It's fantastic (though people are complaining about that too elsewhere so...).

I'm giving it a chance because of new tactics and team individuality. Cause otherwise on the pitch I'm not too convinced that it dethrones fifa16 based on how it feels to play alone. But it has the potential. We've been asking for these two things for so long! The AI is certainly improved in that it's smarter and even more varied, but on the other hand I don't like how it's more direct and more clinical on legendary (Haven't tried ultimate, doubt I will soon, lol). And while people are trying to work out sliders, I'm very curious about how we can improve these with tactics because the default ones from EA are more often than not, a bit too attack oriented when on default (balanced formation).

I have no idea how you could consider FIFA 16 a better game. The defensive AI alone this year is leaps and bounds better than 16, and then when you add all the new touches and animations, the slower pace, the tactical system... it's soooo much better. No contest.

I'm in the US - we havent got long to wait now, I wouldn't risk VPN or anything [never tried before but surely you can get in trouble?]

For playing early no definitely not.

So I am playing now. Thank you vpn gods. Might stream on twitch later. Played my first game, Real Sociedad v Betis. Slow, semi controllers. It's playing great. Excited to get a career game going. Just haven't figured out who to go with yet.

I have no idea how you could consider FIFA 16 a better game. The defensive AI alone this year is leaps and bounds better than 16, and then when you add all the new touches and animations, the slower pace, the tactical system... it's soooo much better. No contest.

Which is why I bought it, and I mentioned these things myself didn't I? Smarter more varied AI, tactics etc... All i'm saying is that there are things that are lost too, Patient AI buildup, fouls, no random bicycle kicks all over the pitch to name a few.

But I guess I shouldn't compare, it's just that recent releases have made me immune to enthusiasm and I won't be rushing to delete my modded 16 directory just yet, that's all.

Last edited:
Got my copy today. Mainly FUT player and apart from the bigger ball I cant seem much difference to FIFA 18. Graphics is the same as 18, commentary (Tyler and Smith) is very similar to last years. Ball physics feels weird sometimes when it flies off like a ballon. Also could do with more bounce when it moves along the grass instead of moving like ice hockey puck .Maybe its because I have been playing PES a lot. Probably need to play it a bit more.

just started career mode in the german third division and it’s exactly like starting master league with the default players from back in the day

The excitement and anticipation here reminds me of a similar excited that used to be created in the lead up to release by 'the other game' :LOL:

I feel like I'm betraying my moral fabric as a PES purist by being excited about this lol

Good times.

If this is real,respect to EA
IMG_20180927_193936.jpg

Could anyone who has played a full season (when done) see if they have fixed the issue with not playing their best players and teams winning on 75p etc.
That was my deal-breaker last year (and magnetic defending/no fouls)

Back
Top Bottom