Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I saw something yesterday that I've never seen in a football game before. Sanchez, the Tottenham cb had the ball in defense, we were down by a goal trying to score an equaliser with five mins to go. I play a one two from sanchez to Rose on the left back, only I don't return the pass to sanchez. But the attack keeps building fast, and sanchez keeps up his run! He keeps running forward, and eventually Alli slips him through on goal with the keeper. He looks knackered at this point and fluffs a terrible defender's finish at the goalkeeper.

But that attack! Beautiful. So good to see him manoeuvring his way from defense to offense, keeping his eyes on the ball clearly wanting it, and just kept his run going. Wanted to put it up on YouTube, but hadn't used that feature in ages on my ps4, so couldn't sign in.

I had some something related happen to me in the demo last night, but this time it was the AI changing tactics to try and get back into the game while they were losing 2-0 with 20 mins to go. First thing I noticed was Marcelo popping up on the right wing, trying to combine with Bale.

When I checked the ratings at the end of the game, Madrid had switched from 4-1-2-2-1 (or 4-3-3 if you prefer :-)) to 3-4-3 (ok, Marcelo should have been left mid, not right but still...).

As a purely single player, career mode type of guy, this was like heaven to me.

I had some something related happen to me in the demo last night, but this time it was the AI changing tactics to try and get back into the game while they were losing 2-0 with 20 mins to go. First thing I noticed was Marcelo popping up on the right wing, trying to combine with Bale.

When I checked the ratings at the end of the game, Madrid had switched from 4-1-2-2-1 (or 4-3-3 if you prefer :-)) to 3-4-3 (ok, Marcelo should have been left mid, not right but still...).

As a purely single player, career mode type of guy, this was like heaven to me.

Indeed! I've noticed this too. Football games have been promising this for years and years, "dynamic formations", "adaptive AI" and whatever other euphemism they call it - and it's just never actually worked before. Seems to be doing so at least for a little bit now. :)

i noticed that there's no dusk weather in FIFA 19 i tried all times and no luck !! and also the shadows are the same if you play at any time in day at summer, spring ... etc !! so anybody having the same issue ??
Do you mean something like in this video at 14:10? Maybe it's a bug in some stadiums, because it's obviously working in others.

Got up early this morning to play a few Tranmere career games before work. It's been a long time since I've done that.

I played on slow, but with top speed and acceleration turned up to increase fatigue (and I'm talking about a couple of points each).

By the end of the first game, my ancient centre-back (love you Steve) was on a blank fatigue bar. I've never seen that before. Spot on.

What I loved most was that he wins every header. He's big, strong (old) and wins every header in reality - and in the game. Attributes actually mean something.

Which can also be seen in the fact that if he's out of position, it will take him a long time to get back there, given that he's 35 (it was his birthday yesterday, happy birthday Steve).

I'm also - on World Class, assisted settings - getting absolutely murdered in all the friendlies. Hamilton Academical beat me 3-0 - it was 2-0 before I cottoned onto their wingers just sitting on the sidelines waiting for the ball with no opposition, and I had to adjust my tactics. (Repeat - against the AI, in a career mode game, in FIFA. I had to adjust my tactics.) Even though they still managed to score on a counter as I pushed forward...

The honeymoon period continues, over here.

Got up early this morning to play a few Tranmere career games before work. It's been a long time since I've done that.

I played on slow, but with top speed and acceleration turned up to increase fatigue (and I'm talking about a couple of points each).

By the end of the first game, my ancient centre-back (love you Steve) was on a blank fatigue bar. I've never seen that before. Spot on.

What I loved most was that he wins every header. He's big, strong (old) and wins every header in reality - and in the game. Attributes actually mean something.

Which can also be seen in the fact that if he's out of position, it will take him a long time to get back there, given that he's 35 (it was his birthday yesterday, happy birthday Steve).

I'm also - on World Class, assisted settings - getting absolutely murdered in all the friendlies. Hamilton Academical beat me 3-0 - it was 2-0 before I cottoned onto their wingers just sitting on the sidelines waiting for the ball with no opposition, and I had to adjust my tactics. (Repeat - against the AI, in a career mode game, in FIFA. I had to adjust my tactics.) Even though they still managed to score on a counter as I pushed forward...

Aaaah, you don't know how happy this information makes me. Sounds excellent! Now, please, please, please don't patch it out of the game.

im thinking of dropping down from world class until i learn how to play the game, i played 8 games last night against the AI won 1, drew 1 and lost 6 , definitely a learning curve to master

Aaaah, you don't know how happy this information makes me. Sounds excellent! Now, please, please, please don't patch it out of the game.
I'm still waiting to see/feel something that makes me hate the game, because it's what I'm used to. Now there's definitely a lack of fouls, as @goalgerd has just alluded to - and it can't be fixed with sliders. But currently, it's just not bothering me (although I have to say, I think they've tweaked this since the demo, because I saw the AI get a few red cards in the demo, but only one so far in the EA Access version and none on the PS4).

im thinking of dropping down from world class until i learn how to play the game, i played 8 games last night against the AI won 1, drew 1 and lost 6 , definitely a learning curve to master
I think it depends a lot more on the team you're using this year. On World Class, in the Champions League with a 4-star team (Monaco) against a sea of 4.5-5 star teams, I do okay. Lots of draws.

As Tranmere on World Class, it's a real slog. There's so little joy in passing (moves fall apart more easily) that you end up resorting to long ball, giving the ball away 9/10 times but the 1/10 time that it comes off, you get a chance. (Can a game be too realistic? I kid...)

Been on holiday since Monday, back home today. Can't wait to fire up the game, I was just getting to grips with it when I left.

I did notice that when I switched back to co-op cam it became easier to play. By easier I mean I could get out of my half and score on full manual.

I'm still waiting to see/feel something that makes me hate the game, because it's what I'm used to. Now there's definitely a lack of fouls, as @goalgerd has just alluded to - and it can't be fixed with sliders. But currently, it's just not bothering me (although I have to say, I think they've tweaked this since the demo, because I saw the AI get a few red cards in the demo, but only one so far in the EA Access version and none on the PS4).

I think it depends a lot more on the team you're using this year. On World Class, in the Champions League with a 4-star team (Monaco) against a sea of 4.5-5 star teams, I do okay. Lots of draws.

As Tranmere on World Class, it's a real slog. There's so little joy in passing (moves fall apart more easily) that you end up resorting to long ball, giving the ball away 9/10 times but the 1/10 time that it comes off, you get a chance. (Can a game be too realistic? I kid...)

Ah, music to my ears! Finally!

are we expecting a big patch tonight then?
In previous years, the day one patch has been available a few days before release - so I don't think there's anything lined up just yet.

As @bsmaff says, it'll probably appear on PC first. In the meantime, turn off automatic updates if your console allows you to...

Back
Top Bottom