Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
im thinking of dropping down from world class until i learn how to play the game, i played 8 games last night against the AI won 1, drew 1 and lost 6 , definitely a learning curve to master

I had to drop back from Legendary yesterday.
I feel your pain.

I'm getting an average of 1 foul per game. Not more than that.
Although yesteday I was 2-1 down again Brighton, on 90+2 (out of 3 total) and I GOT A FUCKING PENALTY! Can you believe that? A penalty when you're 2-1 down and in the 92 minutes mark? - I think it never happened before in a football game, haha...
It was my chance of getting 2-2. But Gabriel Jesus missed it!

Last edited:
Do you guys think the FIFA community is complaining about this lack of fouls issue like the PES community complaint in PES 2018? Because I'm sure EA could patch it if we were louder.

Do you guys think the FIFA community is complaining about this lack of fouls issue like the PES community complaint in PES 2018? Because I'm sure EA could patch it if we were louder.
Only affects offline, so there's no chance they'll ever hear us, or even listen.

Played a couple of games of Ultimate Team at lunchtime against my better judgement. Fuuuuuuuck me. It's through-ball and lofted-through-ball city. Horrible.

Right, decision time. The last FIFA I played was 14 on the PS4. I've played the demo this year, I liked it, I want to get into it after years of PES (well, right up to 2015 and I gave up). I'm a big offline player so I was big on Maser League in PES. I want to know from those who play FIFA, especially this years version, is the career mode any good? I've read that EA haven't made much changes this year but since FIFA 14 was the last version I played, to me there has go to be a lot of changes since then, right? Also, gameplay wise how much different is it from the demo? Thanks!

Beit shas the charm of being the underdog team in the city, and the most popular of the two clubs for the rest of people in Spain. They're such a charming club, spot on on your choice.
Lovely description! I like my choice even better now. :)
Third match. 2 assists. And the rating system works. 8.8. Like it.
Gosh. If you don’t force the game by overly using the sprint button it unfolds.

I want to know from those who play FIFA, especially this years version, is the career mode any good? I've read that EA haven't made much changes this year but since FIFA 14 was the last version I played, to me there has go to be a lot of changes since then, right?
Exactly. It's not evolved a huge deal - you've got pre-season tournaments, "training" (five players each week who will see their skills grow much more than your other players), transfer negotations where you "talk" to the agent/player in a cut-scene (which is brilliant the first time, annoying the second time)...

But you've also got players who have play-time demands, contracts to sort out, scouting networks to set up, etc. etc. etc.

It's a really good career mode. It could be a lot better (I don't like the training personally, you train a whole squad as a manager, not five players), and there's a lot missing (you can't hire and fire staff). But it's good.

Also, gameplay wise how much different is it from the demo?
It's better, but not entirely different. It's "tighter". Not quite as fast, AI is more intelligent, difficulty levels are better.

----------

Also - I've just realised something.

Anybody else notice that on the "side select" screen (where you put your controller over to whichever side you're playing as), there's a platform logo next to your controller (so a PS or an Xbox logo)?

Anybody hear that Fortnite is (as of yesterday) entirely cross-platform now, after Sony finally changed their stance on cross-platform integration?

I smell a cross-platform FIFA before the end of the year. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I only play FUT so my opinion is based on that.

Love the pace of the game,seems a tad faster than what i played in the Beta though.Much prefer the pace of PES.The passing is nice for a Fifa...That is where the good ends for me really,as the rest of the game just feels off.The ball pings between players feet in tackles as if they are using a balloon to play football with.It just feels shit! Shooting is a bit weird where sometimes the players will side foot instead of putting their laces through it,this is a known issue apparently but still it is so common i find it hard to see how they haven't spotted it...

Finesse shots fly in very easy but that happened with 18 so not a huge deal...Overhead kicks are very OP and borderline silly,i have had John O'Shea scoring a few overhead kicks and he is about 80 years old now so that shows what that is like

The game online just feels off,The AI defence is just off the scales,its so easy to defend,as soon as the attackers get the ball they feel like they are running in mud all of a sudden while the defenders feel more responsive.I know players run slower with the ball but i think they have gone too far with it,if you nerf attacking then you need to not have the defensive play not so AI based.

With all that being said its still a much better product than PES 2019,i just wish Fifa had the PES animations,player physicality.

Oh also player collisions feel a bit off to me,it just don't seem right and when you have that and the ball pinging between players really fast like pinball it can sometimes feel a mess

Ive always wondered why Xbox players cant play PS players and vice versa. Seems mad to me.
Thats like saying if you have a iPhone you cant get calls from me as I have a Samsung.
It's because Sony have been living in the past when it comes to this kind of thing. They've done a U-Turn now though.

Ive always wondered why Xbox players cant play PS players and vice versa. Seems mad to me.
Thats like saying if you have a iPhone you cant get calls from me as I have a Samsung.
I saw Xbox working on that,but it's to much territorial pissing between consoles.
It's really mind blowing you can't.

With all that being said its still a much better product than PES 2019,i just wish Fifa had the PES animations,player physicality.

The stone-aged animation flow in unison with the odd ball-physics is the absolute dealbreaker for me, unfortunatly. If there is one thing that is more annoying than the occasional strange AI decisions in PES, it is the permanent letdown by ground pass physics and player movement in FIFA.

I'm really struggling with my decision not to buy the game as I still have to finish Spider-Man and am enjoying Madden 19. The hype surrounding it is real...

However, if it turns out that EA don't patch it to death with a Day 1 patch I'll probably give in next week for a 2. Bundesliga Career Mode experience while hoping they may add a Serie A broadcast package later on. Basically given up on PES with its AI issues and lack of D2 (deathblow for offline players).

Aha,thought I fucked up my posting.
It's all good then
Didn't see the previous posting.
Yes hilarious and somewhat amateurish
I'd say Cech appearing with his cap in the management cutscenes isn't really a deal-breaker... (Nor is it as easy a fix / as blatant an error as the typo we were just discussing in the PES thread!)

That being said, those cutscenes are a pain in the arse anyway - they were a "wow" moment the first time and a "this dialogue never changes, it takes twice as long to do transfers now, WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS" from the second time on. One of the many career mode "why is it like this" bits.

The stone-aged animation flow in unison with the odd ball-physics is the absolute dealbreaker for me, unfortunatly. If there is one thing that is more annoying than the occasional strange AI decisions in PES, it is the permanent letdown by ground pass physics and player movement in FIFA.
Really don't blame you for this. You have to be able to get past it - just like you have to accept that there are no fouls. It's like PES 2018 was last year, in that respect.

That being said, luckily enough, it's just not bothering me - because the end result is attributes that matter, tactics that work and an AI that is realistically challenging. But they don't excuse other areas being poor - I totally get why the movement would put anyone off.

I genuinely feel pretty lucky. The stuff that FIFA is lacking is stuff I seem to be able to live without - it doesn't seem to be grating - because the AI etc. is such a huge leap forward to what I'm used to in football gaming.

I'd say Cech appearing with his cap in the management cutscenes isn't really a deal-breaker... (Nor is it as easy a fix / as blatant an error as the typo we were just discussing in the PES thread!)

That being said, those cutscenes are a pain in the arse anyway - they were a "wow" moment the first time and a "this dialogue never changes, it takes twice as long to do transfers now, WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS" from the second time on. One of the many career mode "why is it like this" bits.
I fully agree,it's not near a deal-breaker for me either if I'd buy FIFA this year.
Wish they'd skip those cutscenes though,they get very old very fast.
I think 2k18 had an opening scene that you couldn't skip last year,went on for at least 5-10 Min.
I've seen it in other games too,really annoying,but at least you can skip these ones (so far).

I'm holding off until Dec -Jan with my purchase or not,wise from last year's installment.
Thanks for clearing my posting up to

Nearly a full 24 hours on since sticking the disc in and I absolutely love it.

For what I take out of a football game and my personal preference it's wonderful.

Granted there are floors and improvements which could be made, but similar to @Chris Davies overall feedback of the game, it's just not bothering me enough to lament it. The positives of this game certainly outweigh the negatives for me.

Dare I say best FIFA I've played to date. Praying the patch doesn't make me retract my statement.

Back
Top Bottom