Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Unfortunately there's no manager movement - apart from you - and team tactics belong to the team, not the manager. This is my biggest bugbear with the career mode. I think it's a licensing thing with them using manager likenesses on the sidelines. (Or laziness. Who knows.)

Something I don't know, and I've only just thought of, is - what happens if you join a club (say Liverpool), then leave and go somewhere else? Does the original manager (e.g. Klopp) end up back there?
Ok cool hopefully they can make it happen in future fifa games, will take it to another level again.

@Redhat man, beautiful work with the Messi video. 1:29 and it's planets above all the clowny skills videos I usually come across regarding Fifa/star players.

Kind words, appreciate it.

I understand why so many videos of that ilk exist and I suppose it's just down to a philosophical difference. The kids love the flashy, over-the-top skill videos and the creators get to title their video "NEYMAR OUT OF THIS WORLD SKILL MOVES." It always bums me out when I come across a Messi video and the player has him doing a hocus-pocus, copious amounts of step-overs, and other showboaty skills. It's not like Messi at all!

first game of the league season, gutted my whole team out for lots of young talented lads for peanuts and this fella i found in argentina scores this on his debut.....

this game is wonderful
What a mint goal ! Loved it. Reminded me of an old Master League goal I scored with Castolo to get promoted last game in Division 2. Those were the days.

Ok managed to buy the game, only played a few, before I installed the patch wasn’t really feeling it with the player animations and that old skool pes feeling even tho everything else looked promising, BUT after installing the patch surprisingly the animations feel a lot better, definately an improvement and really am enjoying this, yes definately feel old skool pes in this, better than I thought

Ok managed to buy the game, only played a few, before I installed the patch wasn’t really feeling it with the player animations and that old skool pes feeling even tho everything else looked promising, BUT after installing the patch surprisingly the animations feel a lot better, definately an improvement and really am enjoying this, yes definately feel old skool pes in this, better than I thought

Which patch?

Thank for that Jimi. I was waiting as I was concerned they would just ruin it. Think I'll get it soon.
Still has the fifa feeling as guys have previously mentioned but it definately plays a great game, better than the demo which honestly didn’t really do it for me, I’m playing on pro, manual and slow by the way, don’t know if the patch has effected the harder levels, also never seen individuality of this standard since the old days, yeah definately worth a crack

I'm really worried this game is going to get patched to hell. Despite all the people in various places saying they're loving FIFA 19, many of the gamechangers with lots of reach and pretty much all the pros are bashing it for the AI defending, pace, sluggish play, poor effectiveness of skills, etc.

I recommend everyone who cares to voice their opinion on Twitter at the following people: @EA_GZaro; @EACoreySA; @teebs33.

The first two are most important and @EA_GZaro is actually collecting feedback, but the last one is the most prominent dev on twitter.

If you like the approach of this year's gameplay, please make your voice heard.

Really loving the emphasis on stats and team play. You can feel different passing from each player. However no matter who I control and who I play against, in Legendary, the CPU is always magnetically teleporting to the ball and shielding it when I am trying to dribble. So now I have stopped dribbling and just keep passing around. I had around 80% possession one game because I was passing around with Juventus who had good passing players. I just can't dribble without doing skills but other than that, the game is pretty good. When people are talking about catch up bug, I think they meant the way the CPU defender have a teleport animation in front of the ball and shield. This is all in the PC version that was release 20 mins ago.

Man, this game is unreal, still on it for 4hrs, it’s a first for me playing this long with fifa, usually il play one or two games at most and lose interest but this is bringing back the old days in a big way, massive well done EA, and for those saying there’s a catch up bug, I’m playing on pro and definately no catch up bug, took control of Liverpool and mane salah are speed demons in this, and what stands even more is you abuse that speed fatigue kicks in quick, fkn awesome, this is the shit I was expecting from pes.

Last edited:
Any opinions on online? Is it still manual/sem- assisted/assisted in regards to passing and is semi- assisted to assisted?

Nice to hear about more player individuality. Although it usually sounds that way every year, I usually get disappointed when I get my hands on the game..

Can we agree that random reddit quotes post patch aren't allowed in here, ever year we get the same hysteria caused by posts saying the patch made the game 8 million times faster and broke this that and the other, the posters on here are the only reliable source of feedback as far as I'm concerned!
It can be just as bad here at times though....

Look at the PES thread last week....some were adament that there was a patch that fixed the CPU spamming low crosses :LOL:

I'm really worried this game is going to get patched to hell. Despite all the people in various places saying they're loving FIFA 19, many of the gamechangers with lots of reach and pretty much all the pros are bashing it for the AI defending, pace, sluggish play, poor effectiveness of skills, etc.

I recommend everyone who cares to voice their opinion on Twitter at the following people: @EA_GZaro; @EACoreySA; @teebs33.

The first two are most important and @EA_GZaro is actually collecting feedback, but the last one is the most prominent dev on twitter.

Done. I haven't played game yet but will Tweet them. It's silly hours here but I've got far much to do before I can sit down and play this thing.

I am excited but also cautious about FIFA 19 as I didnt like BETA that much.

I am absolutely astounded. EA have made a football game that actually plays like a game of football.

So, first match I decide to play as West Ham away at Man City. My Centre Back gets the ball and Man City's three forwards come pressing. So my first reaction, as I would have done in Fifa 18, is to nonchalantly pass from one centre back to another. Except, this year, Centre Backs pass like centre backs under pressure from a press. Yikes. I get caught out a couple of times like this before I start hitting long balls in that situation.

And the tactics are just delicious. I set my defensive tactics so that my two wingers are further back and defence levels are set to "drop back". And that's how I start the game. From the kick off I'm under heavy pressure. But every time I change the strategy to something more attacking, Man City take advantage of my overly-ambitious ideas. Even when I'm 2-0 down and I try to be more ambitious it's seriously scary. You really understand why the real West Ham would still be quite defensive when 2-0 down against this Man City.

When I do get the ball I have to be careful who I pass it to and in what situation.

And the new 50/50 physical battles are good too. I play on slow, and these battles give playing on slow more depth.

So, yes, first impressions are that I'm amazed.

Now, about this rumoured patch. In the past I've seen patches make this game worse, but it wasn't really much good in the first place. This time is different. If they do give in to the spoilt brats who want Fifa to play like Call Of Duty they at least have to offer us the option of playing a pre-patch version.

Yes, there are a couple of bad things. I've had to lower the AI's pass speed 10 points less than mine because of the tiki-taka, and there are too many overhead kicks. And the AI is still a little too direct. But that's about it for me. It really is super good fun.

By the way, I'm playing on slow with manual, except for semi on shooting and passing (often use through ball as a manual pass). And at the moment I'm on broadcast camera (zoom 0, height 0).

Last edited:
:PRAY: Please football gods, don’t let the patch ruin it! Amen.

New PR guys to get to know to, I see! :D

I am absolutely astounded. EA have made a football game that actually plays like a game of football.

So, first match I decide to play as West Ham away at Man City. My Centre Back gets the ball and Man City's three forwards come pressing. So my first reaction, as I would have done in Fifa 18, is to nonchalantly pass from one centre back to another. Except, this year, Centre Backs pass like centre backs under pressure from a press. Yikes. I get caught out a couple of times like this before I start hitting long balls in that situation.

And the tactics are just delicious. I set my defensive tactics so that my two wingers are further back and defence levels are set to "drop back". And that's how I start the game. From the kick off I'm under heavy pressure. But every time I change the strategy to something more attacking, Man City take advantage of my overly-ambitious ideas. Even when I'm 2-0 down and I try to be more ambitious it's seriously scary. You really understand why the real West Ham would still be quite defensive when 2-0 down against this Man City.

Great post, you're right you really have to know your team and know your players and know what you can do with each player, should they pass short, are they safe to try the creative pass, is it pointless trying a long shot with this player etc. etc. even in my League 2 career mode with Grimsby Town the player individuality shines and I have a couple of players who're good at long shots and they've scored a couple of gems, which look great as the ball dips nicely this year :)

We've released our Version 1, Beta 3 set. Feel free to check it out.

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V1B3
Difficulty
: Pro, World Class, Legendary, Ultimate
Time: 10 minute halves
Speed: Slow
Controls: Semi
►Sprint Speed: from 51/50 to 45/46
- V1B3: CPU gets the advantage this time and that is to help the collision and momentum against a user. Lowering the Sprint, in general, allows the physicality to be there, but then creating the discrepancy means that the CPU will stay in the fight longer (not give up and let you run past them) and also when they barrel through you, it could be a good chance for the ref to call a foul - or advantage.

►Acceleration: 50/50; Legendary/Ultimate use 50/49
- Found that in order to compete on Legendary and Ultimate team, that the CPU's acceleration just had to be lowered. Too much cheating and it wasn't very realistic to play where the CPU wins every loose ball, every pass and scores at will. Still a good challenge here.

►Shot Error: from 51/51 to 52/52
- V1B3: Raised a bit more, and has more room to go up, but for now it is good here. The CPU can definitely strike the ball well, sometimes too well. I personally like 53, but that may change as I get more matches in.

►Pass Error: from 55/55 to 60/60
- V1B3: This goes up a bit more because we've increased pass speed. Simple as that. No issues with crosses.

►Shot Speed: 48/48
- Lowered this value because the shots were way too powerful on default. It'd be one thing if it were a powerful shot, but the keeper also doesn't look quite right in their saves when this happens. At 48, they still shoot with venom, and adjustments to the goalkeeper are made to accommodate this change.

►Pass Speed: from 45/45 to 57/57
- V1B3 FIFA 19 needs more "pop!" in the ball. It's a bit lethargic and I always say it's like a waterlogged pitch. Raising the pass speed helps a bit, so that's what we did. Cannot go too high here as that creates an immediate outlet for the CPU to go into "bypass the user's midfield" mode.

►Injury Frequency: 70/70
- Just a bump of significance to see if we get more injuries during the game. Would be nice if it were this easy
smile.gif

►Injury Severity: 60/60
- Same as Injury frequency, some depth the CM would be added when star players get injured.

►GK Ability: 48/48
- As mentioned above, this adjustment helps the 48 shot speed look more realistic, and the keeper can still make some blinding saves.

►Marking: from 40/40 to 55/55
- V1B3: For the first time, we were able to modify the marking value to be above 50. This is a welcomed change because while the under 50 values was good in concept (under 50 = more zonal), it struggled in execution, with lack of pressure defensively and not marking players in the box. This increase is marking is only possible with the line adjustments to follow below.

►Run Frequency: 1/1
- Always a value that we say we aren't going to drop, but each time it is just a core issue of the game itself where it is acceptable to bombard players forward.

►Height: from 65/60 to 75/75
- V1B3: Significant increase here because the defensive line was quite disconnected to the midfielders. Once the midfield was bypassed, the forwards were able to turn and face the defensive line. While not as bad as past FIFA's, it's still some legacy coding going on.

►Length: from 45/50 to 35/35
- V1B3: The goal to lower length here is to get that compactness back, which introduces the midfield again. All the other values came afterwards to further enhance it. The thing I like about this length is that it feels more like a 45 because it's not as spread out as you would think. The real test here was to try it with different teams and formations, each 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 passed the test. From there it was more about determining the look of aggressive to passive team tactics defensively, which also passed the test. Note: the aggressive teams are aggressive for a reason, they will leave gaps, but they will also recover well.

►Width: from 52/52 to 75/75
- V1B3: Significant bump again, but led to the set really shining now. First off, FIFA 19's width of 50 (default) is more like a 30. The outside backs tuck in far too much, and get sucked out of position as a result. Even bumping it to 75, without adjusting marking to 55, they would try to tuck in too close to the CB. With this adjustment, paired with the length and height + marking, it now allows the outside backs to not only stay wide in the attack, but also stay goal-side in defense. In some scenarios using a 4-3-3, you may see the outside midfielder mark the FB a bit tighter, but that is because of length + marking. The good thing is they will stay goal-side defending, and also get wide in the midfield, then buckle down into the box as the attack goes deeper.

►FB Positioning: from 100/100 to 50/50
- V1B3: I learned a lot about this value over the last couple of days, and realized that it's best to leave this at 50. The reason being is the tactics/instructions will take over, there's no point in fiddling with it. I did test it, with these line settings, at different values and each time it just causes chaos. Whether it be from the CPU's attacking directly, or the transition, it didn't matter. Safe to keep it at 50 then.

►FT Control: from 65/65 to 55/55
- V1B3: Bump this down because we increased pass speed. The touches will naturally be a bit more deflections versus subtle touches. Exceptional players will still have great touches on the ball regardless.
Holy.... the difference to beta2 is massive. Or maybe it feels that way because I was playing goalgerds sliders the whole day yesterday.
But I like the new set. Maybe a little bit to slow in regards of sprinting...
the whole thing is much slower, more to the real thing, now. And it looks like the animations have another speed. I know it’s not possible but it’s so much better, imo. Need to play more.
But a huge thanks for now. This feels so different. :) :ROCK:
Let’s see what the patch does.
Will you test with default sliders again if it’s patched?

Edit: my 70 rated self created me in Betis feels like a huuuuge sack of potatoes now, measuring 1m86cm at 85kg! :LMAO:

Last edited:
from the videos I saw and members here who play on slow, ball does move more free becouse players move slower too. still not close to pes feel becouse I really don`t think that any ea game in near future will reach that level of ball physics

The irony is that even the FIFA series itself had better ball physics in the previous years. Those ground glued passes kill every immersion to me.

Installing now, game is hefty 40 gb, i played some friendlies , seems there is catch up bug on the flanks, as mbappe cannot stay ahead of alex sandro...well alex sandro is a fast player so.maybe it makes sense...dunno,liking the bigger ball and more free ball when controlling a player

Back
Top Bottom