Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
That update was around yesterday. I received the disc version and it did the update as soon as it installed.
Hm, I played before work this morning (digital version) and didn't see an update pop up. But it wouldn't start the game without downloading it, so... I must already have it...

...hm, I won a friendly I was expecting to lose, too... Oh God guys, I'm infected.

Hang on, someone else mentioned getting an update yesterday - ahhhhhh. Hang on. Is it exclusively for the disc version? I bet that's what it is, I bet the disc version is demo code (sort of) and the patch brings it up to what the digital version is by default. So not a "day one" patch but an Early Access patch, almost.

EDIT: Yeah, that's what it is. Just found a post on Twitter that confirms 1.01 was launched on the 19th, therefore it's bundled with the digital version on PS4. But this puts us console guys in a terrible situation.

The code on the disc (without the patch) is pretty much the demo code. So even if we go out and buy the disc, and don't download any patches... It's going to be a much worse game.

Which means for console players, the only way to keep 1.01 is going to be to keep your console disconnected from the internet as of right now, and never play online again. Which isn't really an option.

And yet I'm convinced that the next gameplay patch is going to totally ruin the game.

Last edited:
Those with both games, how do you rate FIFA in comparison?
Both PES 2019 and FIFA 19 you mean?

I have both digital. I've played about 5 matches on FIFA 19 now.

It's night and day in terms of depth. FIFA has it in spades, PES 2019 still feels like I am playing a game from 2008. Like a showcase kind of game, there is nothing to do.

FIFA 19 isn't perfect, far from it. But it's the best FIFA in a very long time and for me, the best football game since PES 2013.

Hm, I played before work this morning (digital version) and didn't see an update pop up. But it wouldn't start the game without downloading it, so... I must already have it...

...hm, I won a friendly I was expecting to lose, too... Oh God guys, I'm infected.

Hang on, someone else mentioned getting an update yesterday - ahhhhhh. Hang on. Is it exclusively for the disc version? I bet that's what it is, I bet the disc version is demo code (sort of) and the patch brings it up to what the digital version is by default. So not a "day one" patch but an Early Access patch, almost.
As a PES player I am no expert on FIFA but I can tell you what I experienced with the disc version. Having put the disc in it did a download and then I was able to play the Champions League Final between Juve and PSG. The game seemed quite fast to me and very end to end. After playing that game the game was then fully installed and I played a few kick off games with Championship teams. The game seemed a lot slower and more compact with midfield battles etc. Don't know if the update was installed during the time I played the Champions League game but it is version 1.01 for sure. For clarity I own 2 PS4's and my young lad installed it on the console that he usually plays on first. I watched his Juve v PSG game and it was also fast and end to end resulting in a 3-2 result with many chances. When I installed the game on the other PS4 I ended up winning 4-2 and hit the woodwork twice - yet again a very open end to end game. Make of that what you will.

EDIT: Yeah, that's what it is. Just found a post on Twitter that confirms 1.01 was launched on the 19th, therefore it's bundled with the digital version on PS4. But this puts us console guys in a terrible situation.

The code on the disc (without the patch) is pretty much the demo code. So even if we go out and buy the disc, and don't download any patches... It's going to be a much worse game.

Which means for console players, the only way to keep 1.01 is going to be to keep your console disconnected from the internet as of right now, and never play online again. Which isn't really an option.

And yet I'm convinced that the next gameplay patch is going to totally ruin the game.

Oooh. Nice detective work. I'm pulling the ethernet plug as we speak. :D Will only plug it back in if people on here give the green light. This game sounds too good to ruin with a dodgy update. I don't play much these days, so can live without the internet connection (I hope).

As a PES player I am no expert on FIFA but I can tell you what I experienced with the disc version. Having put the disc in it did a download and then I was able to play the Champions League Final between Juve and PSG. The game seemed quite fast to me and very end to end. After playing that game the game was then fully installed and I played a few kick off games with Championship teams. The game seemed a lot slower and more compact with midfield battles etc. Don't know if the update was installed during the time I played the Champions League game but it is version 1.01 for sure. For clarity I own 2 PS4's and my young lad installed it on the console that he usually plays on first. I watched his Juve v PSG game and it was also fast and end to end resulting in a 3-2 result with many chances. When I installed the game on the other PS4 I ended up winning 4-2 and hit the woodwork twice - yet again a very open end to end game. Make of that what you will.
Yeah, you're right. I've just updated my post to say:

Just found a post on Twitter that confirms 1.01 was launched on the 19th, therefore it's bundled with the digital version on PS4. But this puts us console guys in a terrible situation.

Yeah, you're right. I've just updated my post to say:
Let's all create 100 Twitter accounts each and Tweet those EA guys someone listed above.

If we all do this, and say the same thing i.e...LEAVE GAME AS IT IS! then we win and the FUT Zombies will have to go back to FIFA 18 :LOL:

I think we all have a personal list of top three things we want, and top three things we hate about modern football games. All it takes is just one thing on that "hate" list to make it into the game, and I can't get past it.

It's like PES - the gameplay is genuinely fantastic, when you're on the ball. But one-dimensional and non-variable AI is probably #1 on my "hate" list. So I just can't get past it. No matter what.

My three big wants are probably...
Variable team AI - Tactics that make a difference - Attributes that separate players

My big three hates are probably...
One-dimensional, non-variable AI - All ball contact being perfect - Lack of things to manage in manager mode

Someone else's list could include marble ball physics, rubbery animations and no fouls - in which case... FIFA would be an absolutely ginormous "no". That's fair enough, IMO. But no game is perfect, so there's a list of things you will just have to accept - and I'm with you, I can accept those physics / player model shortcomings.
That nearly scratches the purpose of a comparison thread! ;)

But all said like I see it! :D

I just got home from work, game is sitting in the porch unwrapped:APPLAUD:

Right i have turned off auto updates on PS4 (hah in my excitment i almost wrote PES4)

I put the game in and it is still trying to install version 1.01. But i have paused it in time because i have super quick reactions (actually i had 15 mins to pause it).

I am now installing version 1.00.

@Chris Davies I read your post earlier are you saying to install 1.01?

Hey Sherlock, thanks for that.
So I was happy with the demo code all the time?! :CONFUSE: :LOVE:
Edit: Had a look at my history and my disc version downloaded the 1.01 on Monday, when I got the game.

Sincerely,
Watson

Yes otherwise you are playing the demo

Sits and waits for a ton of placebo from people stating the game plays different when they had patch 1.01 all along but never knew it.

Let's all create 100 Twitter accounts each and Tweet those EA guys someone listed above.

If we all do this, and say the same thing i.e...LEAVE GAME AS IT IS! then we win and the FUT Zombies will have to go back to FIFA 18 :LOL:
To be honest, I'd be happy enough if (like in the NHL games) we could just choose which patch's gameplay we want in the sliders menu. 1.01, for example.

That way, it's less of a heart-attack whenever they patch the game.

Oh ok so it only stops auto updates in rest mode but when you turn it on it updates automatically? That’s a pain.
I think you can manually stop it from updating in the Notifications menu, but you may have to do it over and over. Once again, could be wrong geeeeee...

I think you can manually stop it from updating in the Notifications menu, but you may have to do it over and over. Once again, could be wrong geeeeee...

I think you are right. I remember doing something like that before. One time I forgot and I only remembered when the alert appeared in the corner saying “download complete” :BLEH:

Is it possible to download patches for PS4 using a computer and then copy to PS4 on USB stick? Then you can decide which patch to install?

So if you install say patch v2, don't like it, you can reinstall the entire game and copy over patch v1.1 from your computer to PS4?

I'll be playing offline only so don't care about needing the latest patch to play online.

Was over looking at Matt's slider thread and someone posted the following question;

If you are on full Manual controls, should the Human Pass Error slider be set to zero?

I'd never thought about it before, but I think it's actually a good question.

It's a good question, the thing is the error value is not just for accuracy but also for ball physics. If you put it to a 100, for example, and fill the bar up all the way on a long pass, the pass will barely get off the ground, or end up short of the recipient. Similar if you try a driven pass, it will be a bit more wild, and tougher to control. This is relevant to pass speed as well, however the best way is to kick back to your keeper and try long and short passes to see the ball physics in action.

It's a good question, the thing is the error value is not just for accuracy but also for ball physics. If you put it to a 100, for example, and fill the bar up all the way on a long pass, the pass will barely get off the ground, or end up short of the recipient. Similar if you try a driven pass, it will be a bit more wild, and tougher to control. This is relevant to pass speed as well, however the best way is to kick back to your keeper and try long and short passes to see the ball physics in action.

Also, I think if you're playing with manual pass, the AI pass speed should be slower than human simply because manual passes are slower. The AI itself doesn't play manual passes, it plays semi or assist, and those passes are naturally quicker.

You need to download this file otherwise youve paid £40 for the demo

I'm on 1.0.0 but as an example the ball in my game is the proper size, so it's not the demo that people without the update are playing, not saying that the update has made things worse or better, but just that the vanilla version isn't the demo.

Unlock all the coin boosts that you can through the catalogue immediately, starting with the biggest boosts first (click the right stick in to activate the catalogue once you're in the FUT mode menu screens).

If you don't have any credits to spend on them - it makes life much harder, but you can still do it...

A 100 chemistry gives every player a 10% attributes boost - not enough to make a silver squad great. So concentrate on gold players - even if it means a middling chemistry - but most importantly, focus on one nationality or one league as soon as you can.

Take a look at your best players, write down all their positions, and use a formation that allows you to play all of your best players from the start. Build on that.

If they're mostly from one nation or one league, look in the transfer market for the cheapest auctions (not "buy nows") for players who are "gold" quality, from that nation or league.

Once you've got an ENTIRE gold squad, of one nation or one league - including a full subs bench of the same - then just hammer them for weeks until you get 8,000 to 10,000 coins. At that point, you can go for the much-better players in the positions you need them most, one by one.

Never buy packs. Even special edition packs focused on a high-level tournament like the Champions League will feature some awful players from awful Champions League teams. Even if you get a great player, they're not guaranteed to match up with your squad nationality / league, and selling them on, you usually won't make your money back.

That's my advice, anyway...

EDIT: Another great tip I always forget - manager bonuses stack (up to 50%). Some managers have a percentage that gets added onto contracts - so if you offer a player a contract, and you have a manager at your club (they don't have to be selected to manage your squad - in-fact, I never have a manager set, because they provide such a small chemistry boost), a small amount is added to the contract.

So if you have 25 managers with a 2% contract bonus each, your players will get a 50% contract length bonus with each contract you apply. An 8-match contract card turns into a 12-match contract card, for example.

Every contract you apply without having that manager bonus is extra matches wasted...
I have 24000 credits to and already im on level 35 because my profile is still saved from fifa 18

This game on slow without sliders is perfect for my needs. There are fouls but not as many as previous FIFA games which is a shame.

I did ask but no-one answered, do I unlock Ultimate difficulty or will it be available from the get go on Career Mode?

I'm really enjoying this though......there are moments that get me out of my chair when I hit shot just wide of the post, or I climb above a defender and plant a header onto the crossbar.

Someone said they didn't like headers in this....well I love them, its so natural looking and dudes, the amount of different animations and stuff that happens.

I can see myself spending a lot of time with this in Career AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T GET PATCHED AND RUINED!!

I have just traded in pes 2019 for fifa. Four weeks after pes released.

It was in fact the dullness of teammate ai in pes which meant the same moves seem to play out over and over which sealed my conversion.
This has been my historic complaint with fifa, that it's boring when attacking.
Not this year. Love the feel of dribbling and passing on pes but beyond that, the fifa demo alone trumped it in every gameplay aspect.

I'm Looking forward to playing in real stadiums with real broadcast details and for the first time, for me, genuinely exciting, organic, fresh gameplay.
(I went out now to get fifa without delay, to get 1.01 and then disconnect the LAN cable from my ps4, the surest way to block updates in my experience).

Back
Top Bottom