Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
The irony is that even the FIFA series itself had better ball physics in the previous years. Those ground glued passes kill every immersion to me.
I see those zipping one touch passes, but only whe barcelona play at camp nou due to the low cutting of the grass and constant spraying makes the ball travel along the ground with no wobble, makes it better for tiki taka

Anyone? I am on Xbox One :)
It will just be a bug, mate. There are plenty. I'd imagine the first patch will fix a lot of them - as long as it doesn't also screw up gameplay (I have a really, really horrible feeling looking at what's trending in terms of FIFA complaints).

What is that? Knock ahead?
When you have the ball and want to sprint into empty space, you can kick the ball ahead further (and run faster because you're not having to control the ball) by holding the right stick in the direction you want to move.

At the risk of kicking it straight to the opposition, of course.

It will just be a bug, mate. There are plenty. I'd imagine the first patch will fix a lot of them - as long as it doesn't also screw up gameplay (I have a really, really horrible feeling looking at what's trending in terms of FIFA complaints).
Thanks dude

I realised that you have to save settings in Kick Off mode AS WELL as in your front screen settings.

Silly.

Just played first match.....

Aston Villa v Rotherham, Legendary, Slow, No Sliders.

I love this so far. So many little details in play, it's difficult to list them all.

Well done EA, they need kudos for listening to fans. Bigger ball, its slower, players individuality is better than ever.

It can be just as bad here at times though....

Look at the PES thread last week....some were adament that there was a patch that fixed the CPU spamming low crosses :LOL:

Fifa patch has always been the anti Pes-patch in this sense.. there literally wasn't one, in all my memory, after which at least some people didn't say "what the heck have they done to the game, it's 1000 times faster!" or something to this extent (which, is not to say that it didn't happened because of course sometimes it did.. just, not every single time :LOL:).

Got the game here, but got an exam I need to prepare for as well. Do I give in and play, and feel bad about it, or do the exam work, and play tonight and feel better. Ironically, the exam is on behaviour, specifically about pic/nic analysis, which deals with this very conundrum. Take the pleasure now, or wait and get more pleasure. Hahahaha.

Got the game here, but got an exam I need to prepare for as well. Do I give in and play, and feel bad about it, or do the exam work, and play tonight and feel better. Ironically, the exam is on behaviour, specifically about pic/nic analysis, which deals with this very conundrum. Take the pleasure now, or wait and get more pleasure. Hahahaha.
NOW, NOW, NOW! Enough of the excuses, poindexter!

Now thats a screen
That reminds me, when I went to the cinema last week, there was a trailer for the cinema itself (Vue) going through all of the things they show "not just films but plays, opera, sports events" - and "video games". That got my attention.

I had dreams of renting a screen for a FIFA tournament with friends. Turns out they just show eSports events.

Grrrr.

That reminds me, when I went to the cinema last week, there was a trailer for the cinema itself (Vue) going through all of the things they show "not just films but plays, opera, sports events" - and "video games". That got my attention.

I had dreams of renting a screen for a FIFA tournament with friends. Turns out they just show eSports events.

Grrrr.

Get yourself a HD/4K projector and have your own home cinema screen ;-)

Quick question as a dive in deeper. Better to create a free player (me) and transfer to a team and then go for manager career mode or play simple player career mode?! What do you prefer? I miss all the tactical stuff in regular player career!

Quick question as a dive in deeper. Better to create a free player (me) and transfer to a team and then go for manager career mode or play simple player career mode?! What do you prefer? I miss all the tactical stuff in regular player career!
Player Career is so boring, IMO. Very little to do but just play the matches.

I like your idea - but if the player went on loan, for example, you couldn't "follow him" and play his matches.

I'd say either play Manager Mode and stick with that, or maybe play The Journey (I don't like that either, but it's less boring, even if there's no personalisation and your choices mean nothing)...

guys any tips on starting new ultimate team? how to make a good team and not spend too much coins?, i have set the spain starter pack, thx

guys any tips on starting new ultimate team? how to make a good team and not spend too much coins?, i have set the spain starter pack, thx
Unlock all the coin boosts that you can through the catalogue immediately, starting with the biggest boosts first (click the right stick in to activate the catalogue once you're in the FUT mode menu screens).

If you don't have any credits to spend on them - it makes life much harder, but you can still do it...

A 100 chemistry gives every player a 10% attributes boost - not enough to make a silver squad great. So concentrate on gold players - even if it means a middling chemistry - but most importantly, focus on one nationality or one league as soon as you can.

Take a look at your best players, write down all their positions, and use a formation that allows you to play all of your best players from the start. Build on that.

If they're mostly from one nation or one league, look in the transfer market for the cheapest auctions (not "buy nows") for players who are "gold" quality, from that nation or league.

Once you've got an ENTIRE gold squad, of one nation or one league - including a full subs bench of the same - then just hammer them for weeks until you get 8,000 to 10,000 coins. At that point, you can go for the much-better players in the positions you need them most, one by one.

Never buy packs. Even special edition packs focused on a high-level tournament like the Champions League will feature some awful players from awful Champions League teams. Even if you get a great player, they're not guaranteed to match up with your squad nationality / league, and selling them on, you usually won't make your money back.

That's my advice, anyway...

EDIT: Another great tip I always forget - manager bonuses stack (up to 50%). Some managers have a percentage that gets added onto contracts - so if you offer a player a contract, and you have a manager at your club (they don't have to be selected to manage your squad - in-fact, I never have a manager set, because they provide such a small chemistry boost), a small amount is added to the contract.

So if you have 25 managers with a 2% contract bonus each, your players will get a 50% contract length bonus with each contract you apply. An 8-match contract card turns into a 12-match contract card, for example.

Every contract you apply without having that manager bonus is extra matches wasted...

Last edited:
I like playing season mode in Fifa. Too much stuff to do in Career mode for which i don't have time (or patience).
Is is still the case that in season mode there are no cup / european cup matches?
This is one of the nice things that pes has, playing a season with your favorite team and the national and international cup matches are there.

If not then i will do career mode, but as a created player, at least then you do have these matches.

The irony is that even the FIFA series itself had better ball physics in the previous years. Those ground glued passes kill every immersion to me.
FIFA ball physics, like the player models, have never been great. For the most part I find the ball physics good in this, but there are some strange moments like cleared headers from corners which end up halfway down the pitch. Still,the game plays so good I can easily ignore it.

Still,the game plays so good I can easily ignore it.
I think we all have a personal list of top three things we want, and top three things we hate about modern football games. All it takes is just one thing on that "hate" list to make it into the game, and I can't get past it.

It's like PES - the gameplay is genuinely fantastic, when you're on the ball. But one-dimensional and non-variable AI is probably #1 on my "hate" list. So I just can't get past it. No matter what.

My three big wants are probably...
Variable team AI - Tactics that make a difference - Attributes that separate players

My big three hates are probably...
One-dimensional, non-variable AI - All ball contact being perfect - Lack of things to manage in manager mode

Someone else's list could include marble ball physics, rubbery animations and no fouls - in which case... FIFA would be an absolutely ginormous "no". That's fair enough, IMO. But no game is perfect, so there's a list of things you will just have to accept - and I'm with you, I can accept those physics / player model shortcomings.

Last edited:

I caved in. I can play one game. Its allright. Haha.

Ooops. I noticed it installed an update file, 1. 01 or something.

Reactions: mjp
Back
Top Bottom