Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Those skills will ruin online games. Flick fests

this looks like a game breaker

Both were fine in the beta. Not sure why you'd think the new flicks and first touches would ruin the game. PES for years has implemented tons of this stuff and I'd hardly say it ruins the game. In fact all the classy animations that PES has had is something FIFA had been missing. Maybe it'll be different in the full release but in the beta I'd actually say I was disappointed to not notice them as much as I'd hoped.

The new timed finish mechanic is difficult to pull off consistently and were hardly guaranteed goals. If anything, the real problem was that regular long shots were OP so you didn't really need to bother with the new timed finish mechanic. Might very well be different in the full release but hardly a game breaker.

Both were fine in the beta. Not sure why you'd think the new flicks and first touches would ruin the game. PES for years has implemented tons of this stuff and I'd hardly say it ruins the game. In fact all the classy animations that PES has had is something FIFA had been missing. Maybe it'll be different in the full release but in the beta I'd actually say I was disappointed to not notice them as much as I'd hoped.

The new timed finish mechanic is difficult to pull off consistently and were hardly guaranteed goals. If anything, the real problem was that regular long shots were OP so you didn't really need to bother with the new timed finish mechanic. Might very well be different in the full release but hardly a game breaker.

great because by the looks of it if you get the timing down its an automatic goal

I respect the differing points of view but FIFA from a single player perspective is while at the same time robust compared to the equivalents offering.

Is still limited in some tried and true AI behaviors I only say that because reading some of the developers comments it seems like they want a skill gap modifier that will appeal to the increasing E sports phenon that is sure to keep growing.

Which buy the way I do not mind seeing my 10 and 14 year old boys play PUBG and Fortnite all the dam time. I just wonder with the game I play and settings I use will my old ass even be able to carve out enough space on the pitch to hit the timing sequence correctly will definitely have the trainer on for that one. Ha Ha

at the end of the day I could see it being something I would never use offline. However something I would spam to death if I were a online player and since choice and options are never a bad thing, I look forward to giving it a spin.

Last edited:
great because by the looks of it if you get the timing down its an automatic goal

It could be that it'll be OP in FUT with all the chemistry boosts and when playing with the best of the best, but I remember that in my Southampton CM, I'd time the mechanic correctly (you can tell because the player icon flashes green) and more time than not it wouldn't result in a lethal shot. Sometimes the shots wouldn't even hit the target or go straight to the keeper.

So if it's like how it was in the beta, I think it'll be okay. Plus, it's entirely optional so it's a non issue for single player gameplay.

As long as the AI actually goes for goal and the keepers come off their line, it'll be dead easy to forget PES this year I'd say...

Seriously. It's going to be real tough going back to FIFA after PES feeling so good to handle but good grief the more I play the more I'm missing FIFA's AI. And that's not something I'd ever expect to say.

One thing I'm really looking forward to is that in the beta teams played differently and when I went up against a lesser team it felt like a different game than playing a top team, whereas in PES on Superstar I'm watching lesser teams keep possession and play ridiculous tiki taka at times (of course always resulting in a low cross).

Seriously. It's going to be real tough going back to FIFA after PES feeling so good to handle but good grief the more I play the more I'm missing FIFA's AI. And that's not something I'd ever expect to say.

One thing I'm really looking forward to is that in the beta teams played differently and when I went up against a lesser team it felt like a different game than playing a top team, whereas in PES on Superstar I'm watching lesser teams keep possession and play ridiculous tiki taka at times (of course always resulting in a low cross).
And besides the gameplay, ML in PES has been definitely abandoned, and that's another reason to go for FIFA this year.

I always buy both games, but enough is enough. It's clear ML will never be back, so there's no point supporting a game that doesn't care about at least some of his fans.

i still thinking about selling pes , i think i will wait two weeks and i will see if there is any chance for AI patch fix. There is many good things like ball physics , game speed , passing , player models , some good animations but broken AI destroy whole offline experience.

Last edited:
FIFA’s players models are so shit aren’t they.
Just watching a clip of fifa19 and what the hell is wrong with players arms? All the arms end near the kness.
Also when players notice the ball they have a weird jerk like motion and the arms start flailing about like a monkey.

Just watching a clip of fifa19 and what the hell is wrong with players arms? All the arms end near the kness.
Also when players notice the ball they have a weird jerk like motion and the arms start flailing about like a monkey.
Yes that's true, but all in all, it has so much more depth and possibilities that those things come as a very small compromise, as opposed to PES massive flaws in AI and ML

Yes that's true, but all in all, it has so much more depth and possibilities that those things come as a very small compromise, as opposed to PES massive flaws in AI and ML

Yeah I know but for a game that says, and I quote, “it’s in the game” - I don’t see players with their arms by their kness and breakdancing into life when the ball comes to them.

You can’t knock EAs presentation and all the bells and whistles.
FIFA’s come a long way in recent years but like the other game something always seems a tad off in gameplay.

i still thinking about selling pes , i think i will wait two weeks and i will see if there is any chance for AI patch fix. There is many good things like ball physics , game speed , passing , player models , some good animations but broken AI destroy whole offline experience.

We are in the same position.
In fact, I'm going to try the FIFA Demo when it's out, and if I feel I like it more than PES; I will try to ask Steam for a Refund on PES and that'll be it.

Yeah. One of my biggest annoyances with FIFA that's for sure.
Funny thing is, even when the modding possibilities were at the highest (in FIFA 16), nobody was ever able (or maybe they didn't even try) to edit the body models.

I was quite looking forward to playing PES after the demo but the reports of just how bad the offline play is has stopped me buying it, and now I'm looking forward to Fifa again, just wish it had blimp view like PES that was awesome!

I was quite looking forward to playing PES after the demo but the reports of just how bad the offline play is has stopped me buying it, and now I'm looking forward to Fifa again, just wish it had blimp view like PES that was awesome!

Blimp in PES is good but has some obvious flaws where the score in the top left hides the person taking the corner. Still would be a nice option to have in Fifa and surely not too difficult to implement.

yeah that's one thing I really hate about fifa is those long spaghetti legs, looks shit, but looking at videos for this years game seems like they have improved that area still not perfect but could be good enough to play or else il be without a footy game again for the year, also hoping they fix those overpowered rocket headers and driven pass and game should be ok.

OK. Either that video has been sped up by Youtube or it's FIFA on steroids.
The former would be a relief, the latter would be worrisome.

i noticed only that players are heavier than in fifa 18 and i like it. I think with slow speed and sliders will be ok . Ball physics still better in pro evo but AI is game breaker.

Back
Top Bottom