• I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
tenor.gif

Gonna be interesting how this game turns out. Seems like the predominant feedback in the FUT forum is negative, mostly focusing on bad touches, players being slow and not agile enough, and messy midfield play.

EA released an update today for the beta. I haven't had time with it yet, but it sounds like they may have upped the gameplay speed from early feedback.

Read the comments below his post.
Interesting. Might be wrong but I think he's someone who always plays the demo and his opinion is a tad biased.
could be, but need something to hope for, cos the other game has gone in a different direction which doesnt suit me.

Gonna be interesting how this game turns out. Seems like the predominant feedback in the FUT forum is negative, mostly focusing on bad touches, players being slow and not agile enough, and messy midfield play.

EA released an update today for the beta. I haven't had time with it yet, but it sounds like they may have upped the gameplay speed from early feedback.
Don't you go breaking my heart, sir.

Need everyone's opinions of the patch ASAP please (@mfmaxpower, @FootieGamer, @Joonloop, @Mikhail, @fernadez, @Valeny). I'm scared.

Last edited:
After playing this for a week i don't think i will be buying it.It just don't feel right.It seems to be in the middle of PES and Fifa and it does both things badly.It felt good at first for a few days but it just seems off to me.Pro Evo this year on the other hand is very good to play.I hated PES 14,15,16,17 and 18,i thought they were all an unresponsive mess online but this year they have nailed it unless they change it and mess it up.If Fifa keeps this game play going in to release a lot of people will not like it at all and EA will either have to change it or lose a lot of players

Its probably a Fifa for a minority and not the majority.

Its a weird Fifa/PES combination....

To be fair, any steps they make towards the PES of old can only be a good thing, even if it feels odd at the minute.

Just worried this latest update has reverted it to FIFA 18.

,, On that note, passing is pretty difficult if you don't have the right attributes for it. We were not able to ping pong balls or send brain dead long range through balls with players that had low 80 and high 70 passing attributes. And with higher ones, it was still not possible to ping pong like in 18. I'm not sure how this will hold up as IFs and other special cards get attend to FUT. ''

i hope its true

Don't you go breaking my heart, sir.

Need everyone's opinions of the patch ASAP please (@mfmaxpower, @FootieGamer, @Joonloop, @Mikhail, @fernadez, @Valeny). I'm scared.

I got 3 Draft tokens last night, a tonne of contract packs and rewards for previous rivals games. Got 2 squads which i'm interchanging, Benzema and Griezmann up top in one of them. Played the 1.01 patch.

Sliding when crossing is fixed - didn't get that happening at all.
Intermittent audio cutout still happens so not fixed yet.

One thing I noticed more last night was that passing often ignores where you aim, passing it to who it thinks is best rather than the pass I'm trying to make. Probably my error in defence too but if you ever do a throughball as a defender in your box to play it ahead of an escaping midfielder, it plays havoc as it will decide who it is going to do the throughball to and it might be someone else entirely closer to you.

I found when I didn't concentrate last night I didn't do so well but if I slowed the game right down and thought carefully about where I put my passes I had a lot more joy. Was 2-0 down and decided to focus and got back to 2-2, almost winning at the end of the game.

One thing that is a bit annoying is when you put a high throughball over the top and your player gets to it first, he slows down a bit too much allowing an interception to happen. I liked in Fifa 18 where you could push R3 in the direction you are running to push the ball out as you control it but now that seems to do that active touch dink up in the air which I don't want to do. Again, possibly just a different way of doing things now which I need to learn.

Most of my goals come from wide, going down the wing, cutting back then crossing over to be met on the volley in the middle. Hope it isn't an exploit but i've done it a number of times.

Scored a beauty when I saw my striker peel away from his marker so lobbed diagonally long up to him. He chested the ball down and then as the goalie ran out to narrow the angle, i did a small dink over him and it bounced about 2 or 3 times before going into the net.

Scoring several corners too but then I could do that in Fifa 18 too - love that you can do inswinging and outswinging corners.

I didn't have any bad games last night so the beta hasn't ruined anything. Qualified for FUT Champions this weekend so will be playing a lot of games over the weekend when I get the chance. Will give more feedback then

Yes,i rarely play offline nowadays

Ok, so...
Could you please explain what do you mean by this? Could you please be a little more specific?.

After playing this for a week i don't think i will be buying it.It just don't feel right.It seems to be in the middle of PES and Fifa and it does both things badly.It felt good at first for a few days but it just seems off to me.Pro Evo this year on the other hand is very good to play.I hated PES 14,15,16,17 and 18,i thought they were all an unresponsive mess online but this year they have nailed it unless they change it and mess it up.If Fifa keeps this game play going in to release a lot of people will not like it at all and EA will either have to change it or lose a lot of players

Its probably a Fifa for a minority and not the majority.

Ok, so...
Could you please explain what do you mean by this? Could you please be a little more specific?.

I don't know what to say about it really.There is things i like,like the slower pace(and it is a bit slower) but other things are off that spoil my enjoyment now.Crossing for instance is very OP,i don't know if you played Fifa 14? but yeah its like that was where everyone exploited the hell out of crossing online.Volleys from crosses seem to be too good and the ball flies in the net like a bullet.

Also for me how i play FUT might not fit into this game seeing as at the moment using anything but golds is redundant and as i play FUT for fun and not to be competitive i like to use mainly silvers from the team i support(Reading) as it stands silver teams won't be that viable but this is more as a personal reason about the game as most people use golds anyway

I am not good at analyzing games but it just don't feel fun to play especially with a lower rated team and if anyone knows FUT you will know that 90% of the player base use the cheap OP golds...This year was Jesus,Rashford,Martial...Last year Musa was the bane of my life

The beta forum is already filling up with people moaning about the game rather than praising it,i think that has been mentioned already in this thread

Its not the worst game though by a long stretch and maybe a few patches they can improve it but keep the slower pace.At the moment to me,its more of a chore to play,i have actually uninstalled it

I think that if they serve this up at the end of September it won't be received well...You only have to look at Fifa forums to see how much they despise Pro Evo,most won't even give it the time of the day..They won't be liking this PES/Fifa hybrid i am sure of it

Maybe somebody who has the beta can give a better view of it

Last edited:
Just reading the beta forum now a patch has changed it back to ping pong passing now apparently,heres a few of the posts

-Why is this * back in the game? What skill floor is there when people can press the pass button as fast as possible without any consequences because the passes zip over the grass no matter how you pass it. It’s like you cater to people who refuse to actually learn the game and want what is easy, i.e. cpu contain, low driven shots, near post corners, etc. you can have tiki taka without having the ball go 80 mph. This is the reason why FIFA 18 went from a good game with flaws at launch to a terrible game that causes people to rage more than enjoy the game.

-I completely agree with you, but the sad part is that people complained about the beta pre update. They were saying how slow the game was and how "hard" passing was. All you needed to do was make your player face who you wanted to pass to, like they do in real life. People complain about fifa 18 gameplay but they dont realize how much they depended on it to play WL

-100% spot on.

its just like fifa 18 now

so gutted they changed back to this unrealistic mess!

I have uninstalled it so can't comment but i may try it again and see

Read the comments below his post.
Interesting. Might be wrong but I think he's someone who always plays the demo and his opinion is a tad biased.

He might be biased, though he does admit to hating 18. And as someone who's played tons of the beta, I think pretty much every one of his bullet points is accurate.

Most of my goals come from wide, going down the wing, cutting back then crossing over to be met on the volley in the middle. Hope it isn't an exploit but i've done it a number of times.

This is the biggest issue with the game at the moment - it's too easy to exploit wing play and so these are by far the most common goals.

I actually posted a thread about how I'm scoring a particular type of goal all the time. I'm playing as Southampton in my CM, and they play a 5-4-1 default. So what you do is through pass or lob pass to your fullback, then with first touch play a through pass to your winger.

Even if it's a long 40 yard lob pass, your fullback will still often be able to play a near perfect first time through pass to your winger. This will 9/10 times put your winger in behind the opposition backline. The good news is the AI is better at rushing back and covering, so unlike FIFA 18 you're not able to score easy 1-on-1s with your winger, but the bad news is you can still score from a cross to your other winger running at the far post or a central run from a striker way too frequently.

It's these goals that make it too easy to beat the CPU. Remove these and it's pretty tough to break the CPU down.

-Why is this * back in the game? What skill floor is there when people can press the pass button as fast as possible without any consequences because the passes zip over the grass no matter how you pass it. It’s like you cater to people who refuse to actually learn the game and want what is easy, i.e. cpu contain, low driven shots, near post corners, etc. you can have tiki taka without having the ball go 80 mph. This is the reason why FIFA 18 went from a good game with flaws at launch to a terrible game that causes people to rage more than enjoy the game.

-I completely agree with you, but the sad part is that people complained about the beta pre update. They were saying how slow the game was and how "hard" passing was. All you needed to do was make your player face who you wanted to pass to, like they do in real life. People complain about fifa 18 gameplay but they dont realize how much they depended on it to play WL

-100% spot on. its just like fifa 18 now. so gutted they changed back to this unrealistic mess!
Oh God no.

@mfmaxpower - have you experienced this?

Are there enough voices to counter the ping-pong bullshit? Or is the majority of opinion "woohoo it's fixed"?

Back
Top Bottom