Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
@Chris Davies What's up with that sleeve badge? Aren't they going to fix that?. Looks so very amateur. Has anyone said anything about this?.
Everything we know about it is over the last few pages, mate. People have noticed it and reported it. It's up to whether the new kits don't feature pre-baked logos, as @Placebo says. Hopefully they don't... They look awful otherwise!

In other news.

h7RKY96.png

Rubbish.

Something I'd love to know - but I fear I already know the answer - is if players recover less stamina day-to-day in the career mode.

As things stand you never have to rotate your squad. That one change alone would make it infinitely more playable for me - it's made worse by the fact that altering the acceleration slider by a few points affects the stamina a player uses.
If you play in the Champions League or the Europa League, you do have to rotate your squad. It's not necessary when there is a full week between matches, though.

I can't imagine it'll be like this in retail - the Champions League badges look absolutely mental, placed half over PL badges and half over sponsor logos in some cases.

And yet... As I said when I quoted @bsmaff, from what I understand, it would mean the current kit files (one image, including league badges and sponsors) would all need changing, and a system putting in place where all badges and sponsor logos are contained in separate files and then dynamically inserted onto each kit by the game.

I'd imagine the new kits have been created without the league badges (old kits and rosters are currently in the beta) so I'd imagine they'll be fine. But some sleeve sponsors might interfere, maybe.
In the FIFA 19 gameplay trailer, you can see the new Bayern kit featuring the Champions League badges only. The beta contains the old kits and there, the starball is placed over the Bundesliga badge. So I hope the new kits all use separate league and sponsor badges.

If you play in the Champions League or the Europa League, you do have to rotate your squad. It's not necessary when there is a full week between matches, though.
I'm playing in FIFA 18 as a team of older and poor-stamina players (Bolton), and every week the lowest fitness score of any player is about 92%. It's ridiculous.

If the only time you need squad depth is when you're a Premier League team, that's pretty poor. Lower league teams rotate their squads too. Players don't even need substituting, usually...

My only hope, then, is that the game is so slow on "slow" speed that I can whack the "acceleration" slider up to 60 without it destroying the gameplay, and then players will be more tired at the end of the match...

Something I'd love to know - but I fear I already know the answer - is if players recover less stamina day-to-day in the career mode.

As things stand you never have to rotate your squad. That one change alone would make it infinitely more playable for me - it's made worse by the fact that altering the acceleration slider by a few points affects the stamina a player uses.

Yeah, this doesn't seem any different. I did just make a post about this in the beta CM forum (though I'm assuming that EA is really only paying attention to the FUT forums).

And you are correct - the new supposed press conference and manager options are not in the beta.

They've done nothing to improve the scouting since they added in the scouting network, one year they suddenly decided to add a random search when you start a CM and they claimed that as a feature, it's completely random and doesn't take the squad you have into account, every CM the first thing you have to do is recall that scout!

Adding the U23 games would be a huge improvement for me, being able to move players between senior and U23 squads for reasons of fitness/experience etc, just playing matches between U23 teams in training grounds/parks with 12 men and a dog watching would make a huge different to the atmosphere, and if you can't be bothered to play the matches just let the AI academy manager take charge.

At the very least things like staff recruitment should be a thing again (was it ever?) older players becoming player/coach and things like that, as you get more money being able to hire a better class of coach/assistant, maybe your assistant decides to take a manager's job and you need to find a new assistant. The level of your coaching team should influence how well your squad understands their tactics and roles etc. etc.

Agreed, and I like those ideas.

For me, my top wishlist feature is some type of, for a lack of better words, chemistry system. Nothing like what's in FUT, but I'm talking a more realistic simulation of the dynamics and relationships of building a team.

So, for example, I hate how you can replace half your entire squad in a transfer window with no consequences. It takes time building chemistry. Players should improve, up to their full potential, the longer they play under you. Meanwhile some players should be more suitable to some formations and systems than others. How awesome would it be if you try to cram an attacking player into a defensive tactical system and he rebels, dropping his form and morale (see Pogba vs Mourinho). And not all players work out, for a variety of reasons.

Maybe what I'm talking about is really a bunch of smaller features (I'm sure EA would market them each that way!), but IMO there's so much potential still to replicate the dynamics of managing a team. And lots of this is pretty low hanging fruit. Regardless, in real life different manager styles and systems get on differently with different players, but in CM, it feels too plug and play.

Played 4 games tonight and my opinion that it was too fast last night must have been due to both players trying to play ping pong passes at lightening speed. I had just played the PES demo prior to it and was still trying to do passing like on that.

In each of the games tonight it has been a close game with just one goal in it sometimes and it has felt a lot slower.

Really loving this game - hope they don't change it too much from this. If they did, I'd want to keep playing the beta!

Slide tackles are amazing, can do long slides and just flick your foot at the end to stop the ball. Can intercept or reach a ball that you really stretch for. The physical aspect of this game is absolutely superb.

Few more glitches seen such as the ball teleporting at one point but overall a solid game

Managed to get a beta code (kick off and online) and have been hammering kick off matches the last few days, and I have to say I’m impressed.

Playing on full manual (only professional difficulty so far), it plays a great game of football.

Positives:
The overall pace of the game, I’d definitely say a slower more measured pace then last year. Passing is a bit slower, at the beginning I was underhitting so many passes. Driven passes also vastly slower.
Physicality and tackling is much better, leading to some actual midfield battles.

The tactics system now is really good, adds layers of depth to matches, being able to adjust width and depth of your team defensively/offensively works so well. The AI also seems to be implementing these tactics, with some games teams are noticeably playing a deep line making them harder to score against. Also I’ve had some great games where a team has sat back and I’ve been dominating and gone 2-0 up, then later on in the game they adjust their approach and have come back into the game (I still won 2-1).

The champions league package is implemented well and the night lighting for this (and also the europa league final) looks so much better.
Also I think we may be getting a full la liga license as they have scanned most of the players and managers, with hopefully the stadiums to come.

I only have a few negatives really (not judging it too much as it is a beta, and genuinely I’m enjoying it a lot).

Sometimes when passing it will lock you onto a different player then you want, usually someone further away from the play.
Goalkeepers need to react to crosses better, I’ve scored a couple goals where my player has chested it in from a cross when the keeper should’ve easily claimed it (lovely animation tho).
Some animations look weird with legs twisting behind other legs etc (hoping it’s just because it’s a beta).
Shots are maybe hit a bit too hard too often, but again the animations look really good.

Overall it’s very promising imo, I’m loving the matches I’m having and am constantly looking at replays of goals/shots/passages of play etc.

Ok so due to the fact that some lazy youtubers looked at the main menu and posted videos about nothing has changed in career mode and probably didn’t even play it I’ve made a list of things that have changed or been
Added not much but there in there.
Thanks and Follow @fifacmnetwork

On the options screen before you start a career, Ultimate is now a difficulty over Legendary.

all of a players attributes show up on 1 screen.

In the hiring a youth scout menu in career mode, it states that a scout with better experience will find a larger number of players, while a scout with better judgment will find higher quality players.

If you transfer or loan list a player, many offers will actually come in for that specific player.

Youth squad players have updated, more realistic looking faces

Right when a player is brought in be it through youth systems or bought they can now be loaned out right away

After a season, the board decides whether or not they want to give you a transfer budget increase money not spent the previous year is calculated into this decision.

There are many new player training skills, including some that train Sprint Speed and Strength which are 2 new trainable attributes.

You can search for players with a release clauses in player search.

The Carabao Cup is also licensend this year with the logo on shirt sleeves.

It is also rumored that there are blank spaces in the menu screens that might be for elements not in the beta being announced during gamescom that could be wishful thinking tho.

I've seen images off the Beta that show 5 tabs in Career mode. While I've seen a screencap from a video that show a 6th tab. But it can't be read what's written on it.

I've seen images off the Beta that show 5 tabs in Career mode. While I've seen a screencap from a video that show a 6th tab. But it can't be read what's written on it.
Lots of talk about this. But I've not seen anybody float the idea that it may just be a "debug" tab (it's on a dev's monitor).

I can't imagine for one moment they'd add a new feature without using the beta to test it out. Why release a beta if you're not testing new features with it.

Lots of talk about this. But I've not seen anybody float the idea that it may just be a "debug" tab (it's on a dev's monitor).

I can't imagine for one moment they'd add a new feature without using the beta to test it out. Why release a beta if you're not testing new features with it.

It's coming for FIFA 21. We will finally have a new tab. Which will be microtransaction store tab.

Could be to test the gameplay and ai and not the actual mode.
Plus it’s probably just to get hype out there and not an actual beta test.

The Fallout 76 beta for example is clearly just a demo and any results from It won’t be released until months after release in patches as it’s too close to release to possibly change anything prerelease

Not too long ago EA didn't even release betas, you know mate.
I think Betas are more of a way to promote the game rather than for people to find bugs. I think they have their own people for that.

Not too long ago EA didn't even release betas, you know mate.
I think Betas are more of a way to promote the game rather than for people to find bugs. I think they have their own people for that.
Yep just pisses me off these stupid YouTubers with headlines don’t buy the game and you know fine well they will be doing day one let’s play vids etc.
wish I had a beta I’d be way more respectful and actually play the game and give you guys feedback like chelsea4ever etc

:...:...I am so incredibly hyped for this game. Little things like this are what I've been screaming for since I began playing Footy video games in 2014. For the first time that I've ever seen, (aside from the early Pes 5, 6 videos that I've watched) the opposite side winger is pinched in and not man marking the fullback.

4-5-1 Fifa 19.png

This is such a minor detail but it was always such an eyesore for me because it prevents the switch of play and it opens up the midfield. This should make midfield battles more prevalent, especially with these dynamic tactic options that we are being given (and that they seem to be actually working).

I've also been screaming for Iniesta's La Croqueta to be in the game, real to life tactics, fluid formations, and I've even seen a few nutmegs. This game is still super slidey in motion and still looks and feels weird in comparison to Pes.

I do expect to create real life tactics for every team in La Liga and the Prem. Most of the top teams in other leagues as well. I attempted last year, but was highly disappointed when custom tactics didn't work and we were unforgivably lied to about "team styles" (Don't think I forgot EA :RANT:)

Edit: Also, did anybody else see that chested in goal by Cavani in that PSG-Juventus video at about the 50:00 minute mark? :...

Last edited:
Yep just pisses me off these stupid YouTubers with headlines don’t buy the game and you know fine well they will be doing day one let’s play vids etc.
wish I had a beta I’d be way more respectful and actually play the game and give you guys feedback like chelsea4ever etc

Some YouTubers actually acknowledge that they only play FIFA when they are recording to make their living and as a job. FIFA's main audience is pre teen kids that plays the game and spends their mom's credit card for like couple of months before they move on to games like Fortnite. And then the cycle repeats itself.

So I hope the new kits all use separate league and sponsor badges.

You'd imagine they would now.
Big question for me is whether the shirt fonts change too when you get promoted between, for example, the Championship and Premier League.

If they do that then I'll be very halpy as that's always been something that irritated me.

Ultimate Difficulty is a very important add because i will actually get challenged in career mode

i was blowing away every team on Legendary but found Ultimate very tough ...

if they slow down the gameplay i will consider game PLEASE ea football isnt played that quickly

Anyone knows if will it be possible to "edit" the manager appearance in Career Mode this year or it'll be the same old guys from last versions? That is a little thing that "ruins" my immersion haha

Anyone knows if will it be possible to "edit" the manager appearance in Career Mode this year or it'll be the same old guys from last versions? That is a little thing that "ruins" my immersion haha
It was heavily rumoured, and "confirmed" by a couple of media outlets, but doesn't appear in the beta. So I think there's going to be a few red faces come release.

The single-player gameplay in the beta can be absolutely brilliant. I mean ridiculously good. But it's let down by one big thing. Here's a story that sums up the beta experience for me.

I started out a CM with Man Utd, first on Legendary, then on Ultimate once I learned of its inclusion. I went a good bit into the season before losing; I was not held to a single clean sheet. When I finally did lose, to Chelsea 3-1 in the cup, it was a wonderful match.

But it all felt too easy, so I started a new CM with Southampton. The preseason tournament was a blast. I lost to Fiorentina. I tied a match. Then in the final, again to Fiorentina, I won - it was a beautiful tight match that I was behind in, and I earned a result because of tactical changes. It brought back that old fist pumping on the couch feeling that I'd not had in some time.

At this point I was so tempted to announce to the world that this would be hands down the greatest football game ever.

But I waited.

The season started and the first game was away to Cardiff City. I scored within the first 3 minutes from an easy cross on the counter. I ended up winning 5-0, absolutely no challenge whatsoever. Every single goal came from a cross off the counter-attack. This was using Southampton's default formation with five at the back.

Next up was Man City at home. This game was ridiculously good. I've seriously never been so entertained, so engaged, so challenged by a football game. And I mean challenged in the right way. Not the holy-shit-this-is-such-bullshit kinda challenge that we've often had to deal with against the CPU. I kept to Southampton's default formation, but I was so pinned back and could not get out, I had to quickly switch from their default possession tactic to long ball.

Still, for the first 60 minutes the game resembled exactly what you'd expect to see from a real match against City - they absolutely bossed possession, it was all that I could to do to hold on, constantly clearing the ball to avoid their press, and it felt that it was just a matter of time before they scored.

But then I scored on the counter. It was one of the first chances I had, one of the first real times I actually made it out of my own half. Down the left wing on the counter, catching City with too many men forward, then a cut back for a nice shot by my striker. It was a perfect example of seeing a lesser team grab a quick goal they didn't deserve.

I then switched to essentially all out defend and the rest of the game was me holding on for dear life. Every time I won the ball in defense, it was all I could do just to clear the ball anywhere out of danger. I did however score another in the final five or ten minutes (again from a cross off the counter), and I ended up with a 2-0 win.

And that for me sums up the beta experience: it can be absolutely brilliant, unlike anything seen from FIFA before. But on the flip side, it's too easy to create chances and score from counter-attacks against the CPU, especially from crosses, and especially when the CPU goes down and attempts a comeback.

Thankfully, I'm not the only one posting in the beta forum that it's too easy, and an EA rep did take notice last night, so here's to hoping that things get tightened up for the full release. A good number of people have like me been reporting that crossing is an exploit as it is now, so I imagine at the least that'll get tweaked.

We'll see what it's like in the final version. I'm stupidly psyched for this year, but just praying they tighten some things up before release.

Last night I put the difficulty up to world class, and did a champions league game as Celta Vigo away to Man City...first half I tried to play my usual possession style, but due to city’s pressing I couldn’t get out of my half, and was 3-0 down at half time, 2 of their goals coming from them seizing misplaced passes and being clinical. Second half I had to adjust my play just to not get completely blown away, but still ended up losing 4-0.
The flow of some of the matches I’m having is something I’ve never felt in a fifa before, only thing that comes close imo is old school pes.
Really impressed by how the tactics are implemented.

Back
Top Bottom