Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I played Alves vs Arsenal CL group stage and Arsenal CPU completely dominated me and it was clear to see the class difference or in this particular game i was shit, but i would say it was i was outclassed. Then i had one of the best games ever Juve vs Liverpool CL again and I had some great moments but the beat me 3-2 and at times i had them on the ropes but Saleh & Mane speed killed me. Early days but i'm loving it.

i've been playing a lot of this closed beta and I really don't get on with it ... I think if you love fifa 18 then this will fine for you

fifa 19 is fast and I mean super quick

ball feels and looks too small still

defending feels different and better so thats a plus side

my big issue is that fifa 18 and 19 (ok this is just beta) feel nearly exactly the same ... presentation is the best around yet again but thats where the good things end for me

horrible player models ... ball physics not right ... night games look horrible and wish washy

dont like this at all

Weird how some are saying it's considerably slower, others saying it's much faster, and in the videos I think it looks very similar to 18 (but then I play on "slow")...

Online(FUT) is slower 100% i am not sure what game mode people are playing to say its faster.It is a lot slower paced than Fifa 18....on FUT anyway

I am actually surprised by how slow you can make a match with this Fifa,you can slow it down to a crawl if you wish with some nice build up play.You can rush about and make the game faster paced that way if you wish to but the game in general is slower.

On Fifa 18 online it is almost impossible to be passing it around slowly as you just get dispossessed because the game is just so frantic

Last edited:
Weird how some are saying it's considerably slower, others saying it's much faster, and in the videos I think it looks very similar to 18 (but then I play on "slow")...

You're absolutely right, and even I'm not 100 percent sure how I feel about the speed after some 30+ matches.

I think what's going on has to do with the defensive improvements and the tactics. So if you're playing against a top team like Man City with the possession tactic, they play a lot of one touch short passing, and it can difficult to keep up. Not only that but when a team moves the ball about quickly, the arrow that indicates who you'd automatically switch to moves about like crazy and kinda adds to the manic feel to me.

Plus, defenders are more active than ever, so there's increased movement on the pitch, and all of this can be a lot to get used to. And then if a team is playing a high pressure tactic, defenders are even more active.

So I think the speed of everything is about the same, and even in some cases a bit slower. Like the top end speed of fast players is definitely not as high, and as it currently stands in this build speed is not the exploit it usually is, and some player animations and movements feel maybe a little slower. Obviously these could be changed for the final version.

But maybe because there's just so much more activity going on, especially if a team is using certain high movement tactics, then it can feels fast. I dunno, but that's my impression at the moment.

@mfmaxpower Eager to know what the difficulty above Legendary is like - vaguely remember trying it on Ultimate Team and thinking it made every AI player have 99 for all attributes...

EDIT 1: FIFA 18 video but this is my "Ultimate" difficulty fear. The worse team of the two he plays against score ten goals...

EDIT 2: Also, you say tactics make a real difference from the AI... Have you seen pass accuracy of less than 80% yet? Or possession over 60%, or under 40%?

Last edited:

Speaking as a full manual player the game is definitely faster than 18. That was probably the first thing that stood out to me. Players react quicker and are quicker off their feet. Also the game more feels more fluid in movement transitions which may add to this feel.

If I had to quantify I would say the flow of the game is 6-8% faster than 18.

Although I have noticed that dribblers seem to have a harder time bursting away from their man, it seems defenders are more proficient at catching up - and this might contribute to what some people would consider a slower pace. However I am typically an online player only (and I'm playing against the AI in the beta) so it's difficult for me to say whether this is how the game plays naturally always or if its just an AI behaviour/script.

Some little things I'm loving:
  • Teammate press/contain is now actually helpful. Teammates will not only more aggressively close down, but for the first time in forever, teammates behind the play will run back and help if you use it. There is some inconsistency though - not sure if that's stat based or if it's just a flaw that needs working on. But this has been an awesome change for me because you can now realistically double team a troublesome attacker, like say out on the wings, and either force a dispossession or force them to turn back.
  • Also related to dealing with flanking play, they've now added an instruction for CMs to cover out wide. Super helpful with a 4-3-3 with forwards who don't track back.
  • You have to be so much more careful playing out of the back now. Not only are forwards better at pressing, but there seems to be more error, especially with CBs.
  • I've been using the Pressure on Heavy First Touch tactic and I'm loving seeing for the first time ever my forward line aggressively press the CPU when it makes sense. One of my biggest pet peeves in the past was not being able to play a high press game and that's a thing of the past.
  • The CPU exploiting the driven pass is gone. There's not even really anything to exploit anymore because it's not super powerful anymore (though it - like other long passes - is still too accurate).
  • Love how they've made some simple control changes. Like now you hold away from the ball and RB to let the ball run on, and this has a lot of uses.
  • Crossing feels great. Much better than last year for me. That said, it's a bit OP because forwards aren't marked close enough.
  • Shielding feels fantastic. And I think they've fixed the problem from last year where you'd get locked onto a player from behind and couldn't get around them.
  • Definitely seeing more midfield battles than ever before. This is because of tactics but also just the improved activity of defenders. Not that counter-attacking isn't still too easy, and exploiting the wings is still too easy, but I've played some matches that played out in way that just wasn't possible in FIFA before.
  • Keepers are playing the sweeper role better. I saw De Gea come out of his box to deal with a long ball. Never seen that before.
  • They've redone many/most/all(?) of the skill move animations. They seem smoother, more realistic to me.
  • Usually I've played 8 min halves. Now, I've bumped it to 10 because I'm enjoying the tactical game more.
  • I've now heard a lot of people saying this beta feels like a bit of a mashup of PES and FIFA. I kinda agree, and I think it's because of the tactical changes and some of the classy new touch mechanics.
Let me be clear: this is not me saying the game is perfect and doesn't have its flaws. Pass/shooting acc is still too high; defensive exploits still exist; CM is unchanged; I've still yet to lose a game (though I've now just started playing on Ultimate difficulty); I'm not sure how smart the CPU is with its tactics; etc.

But man the more I play the more I'm enjoying it.

@mfmaxpower Eager to know what the difficulty above Legendary is like - vaguely remember trying it on Ultimate Team and thinking it made every AI player have 99 for all attributes...

EDIT 1: FIFA 18 video but this is my "Ultimate" difficulty fear. The worse team of the two he plays against score ten goals...

EDIT 2: Also, you say tactics make a real difference from the AI... Have you seen pass accuracy of less than 80% yet? Or possession over 60%, or under 40%?

I feel ya and that was my experience too in FUT, and I'll get back to you later 'cause I just started with Ultimate difficulty.

But the first match I played was against Birmingham City in a cup match, away, and I won 5-0... and I played a man down most of the match because of a stupid red card (one of those where you're trying to score on a corner but you're too slow and my CB did a tackle instead of a header, taking out an opponent from behind; still hate that shit). Plus, I wasn't playing my best players.

But they finished with 75% pass acc; I had 60% possession. Even on Ultimate, it was just like you'd expect when playing against a lower division side, but if anything, that match was still too easy. I'll let you know more as I get more matches under my belt.

Okay, so Ultimate difficulty is most certainly not like how it played last year in FUT. In fact, it's really not that much more difficult - I've still yet to lose a single match after that first one or two losses when I started the beta.

I crushed Birmingham City in the cup, 5-0. I then played a pretty tight match against Liverpool until the final minutes when I put a couple more past them when they pressed for a tying goal. I then played Huddersfield and won 5-1, their goal only coming at time when they were pushing everyone forward and scored a screamer from outside the box. (Huddersfield had ~40% possession but 85% pass acc.) I could go on.

The problem with the single player game is that it feels really well balanced in terms of defending against the CPU - keeping clean sheets is now a real thing if you play smart and solid, which is awesome - but it's too easy to score. Some of this is down to clear imbalances and exploits that surely at least some will be fixed for the full release. For example, crossing is super OP right now.

But counter-attacking is still too easy. When you come up against a packed defense, the game feels awesome. They've really done so much to add realism to the flow of games, but the ease of counter-attacking is a big issue. There's really no problem defending against the CPU counter-attacks; the issue is it's too easy to score against the CPU.

Now, I have been playing as Man Utd, so there's that (and I actually made some transfer moves). Next I'll probably start a CM with a lesser side and see how that goes. But so far, it's not really any harder to score in the beta than it was last year, and that's a disappointment.

does anyone know if you can use a usb keyboard for the renaming of teams stadiums? last year EA only let you type using the controller

The problem with the single player game is that it feels really well balanced in terms of defending against the CPU - keeping clean sheets is now a real thing if you play smart and solid, which is awesome - but it's too easy to score. Some of this is down to clear imbalances and exploits that surely at least some will be fixed for the full release. For example, crossing is super OP right now.

But counter-attacking is still too easy. When you come up against a packed defense, the game feels awesome. They've really done so much to add realism to the flow of games, but the ease of counter-attacking is a big issue. There's really no problem defending against the CPU counter-attacks; the issue is it's too easy to score against the CPU.

Now, I have been playing as Man Utd, so there's that (and I actually made some transfer moves). Next I'll probably start a CM with a lesser side and see how that goes. But so far, it's not really any harder to score in the beta than it was last year, and that's a disappointment.
Hm, sounds like this could be the last chance of CM being any good... Let us know how it is playing as a significantly worse team!

Some little things I'm loving:

• Teammate press/contain is now actually helpful. Teammates will not only more aggressively close down, but for the first time in forever, teammates behind the play will run back and help if you use it. There is some inconsistency though - not sure if that's stat based or if it's just a flaw that needs working on. But this has been an awesome change for me because you can now realistically double team a troublesome attacker, like say out on the wings, and either force a dispossession or force them to turn back.
    Also related to dealing with flanking play, they've now added an instruction for CMs to cover out wide. Super helpful with a 4-3-3 with forwards who don't track back.
    You have to be so much more careful playing out of the back now. Not only are forwards better at pressing, but there seems to be more error, especially with CBs.
    I've been using the Pressure on Heavy First Touch tactic and I'm loving seeing for the first time ever my forward line aggressively press the CPU when it makes sense. One of my biggest pet peeves in the past was not being able to play a high press game and that's a thing of the past.
    The CPU exploiting the driven pass is gone. There's not even really anything to exploit anymore because it's not super powerful anymore (though it - like other long passes - is still too accurate).
    Love how they've made some simple control changes. Like now you hold away from the ball and RB to let the ball run on, and this has a lot of uses.
    Crossing feels great. Much better than last year for me. That said, it's a bit OP because forwards aren't marked close enough.
    Shielding feels fantastic. And I think they've fixed the problem from last year where you'd get locked onto a player from behind and couldn't get around them.
    Definitely seeing more midfield battles than ever before. This is because of tactics but also just the improved activity of defenders. Not that counter-attacking isn't still too easy, and exploiting the wings is still too easy, but I've played some matches that played out in way that just wasn't possible in FIFA before.
    Keepers are playing the sweeper role better. I saw De Gea come out of his box to deal with a long ball. Never seen that before.
    They've redone many/most/all(?) of the skill move animations. They seem smoother, more realistic to me.
    Usually I've played 8 min halves. Now, I've bumped it to 10 because I'm enjoying the tactical game more.
    I've now heard a lot of people saying this beta feels like a bit of a mashup of PES and FIFA. I kinda agree, and I think it's because of the tactical changes and some of the classy new touch mechanics.
Let me be clear: this is not me saying the game is perfect and doesn't have its flaws. Pass/shooting acc is still too high; defensive exploits still exist; CM is unchanged; I've still yet to lose a game (though I've now just started playing on Ultimate difficulty); I'm not sure how smart the CPU is with its tactics; etc.

But man the more I play the more I'm enjoying it.
Great post. Thanks.

to the people who got Kick off Invate can you tell me if someone notice,if there are new team added in REst of the world for Europa league/champions league?

First, tackling is way more effective.

Does this mean that I finally be able to tackle just like I tackle in Pro Evo?

In all honesty, I have never ever ever had any successful tackle in FIFA; not sure if it's just me but I felt the latency in tackling ... this is from early days to FIFA 18.

AI easily avoid my tackle, whilst in PES is definitely more responsive, just how tackling should be.

horrible player models

When FIFA player models resemble PES, then it's definitely time to switch; at the moment, they're still looking very much plush toys with no bones.

Last edited:
Not sure why this isnt getting talked about but I was CRAZY impressed with the tempo of the AI buildup play.

I only watched the Liverpool-Madrid and Schalke-Bayern match but there are so many positives that are going unmentioned. Not to say you all's gripes arent valid because you all are right, there are still a lot of legacy issues that remain unfixed. The positive is, sliders can help alleviate the flank issue, gamespeed, pass speed, shot accuracy, the poor keepers, etc.

+Look how Madrid built up in that video. Passes back to the CB's, keeper. Kroos and modric holding on to possession and making intelligent passes, shifting weight/shielding to retain possession and boss the midfield.
+Keepers on the ball are more intelligent. They also boot it away when they should, although, they seem to be holding on to possession slightly too long.
+Some of the first touches are absolutely lovely and contextual. Also love the speed of them. If only the dribbling changing of directions was as fluid.
+AI defenders are making tackles on their own and are actually doing something.
+Teams are pressing up high really well. Overall defensive shape is vastly improved.

Hi, i have some questions.

1) Will be stadium creator in Fifa 19? Did somebody listen some news about it?

2) Will be some new stadiums in F19? I heart about Cardiff, Fulham.
But somebody told something about exclusivity for Seria A and Primera Division ... is it true? For example Napoli stadium, Mestalla for Valencia?

Thank you for the reply. :)

to the people who got Kick off Invate can you tell me if someone notice,if there are new team added in REst of the world for Europa league/champions league?
The beta database is old, nobody knows about the new teams yet.

I've found 7 hours of FIFA 19 beta.:BOP:
Seems very similar to Fifa 18, the game speed looks like Fifa 18

Enjoy

how can some say the gameplay not to fast?

I dont understand why EA still give us ultra fast game every year

sliders are no good to anyone who really want to play H2H

I will look forwrd to career in fifa 19 if we can get good sliders but again will the AI be too easy to play against?

From the time I spend with Close beta my issues are still the same as 18 ... game feels too samey EA dont seem to have any passion for this anymore nothing is change apart from the usual presentation add on

not excited for this :(

I have the beta (Kick off and FUT) and have been very impressed with it. Some say it is a lot slower, some on here saying it is faster. I'd say it is slower personally.

Positives :
  1. chips and lobs work even over small distances and players are able to use context of the ball to knock the ball on nicely to teammates.
  2. First touch is nice. Also holding R1 as the ball comes to you at slow speed will do a "McGeady spin" to take the ball in control. Hard to describe but it's nice
  3. Shooting is hard but rewarding. I've scored some absolute belters so far. Since I have Kick Off, I have had the opportunity to play the Skill Games prior to the game loading. Luckily some of these Skill Games are Advanced Shooting Scenarios (Bronze, Silver, Gold) and so I have just played that on repeat to get used to the shooting mechanics. Initially I was murder but now I am knocking them in regularly. Not really mastered the second button press yet but it just feels nice.
  4. Keepie uppies are good for showboating - might end up that everyone does this online though. Nothing better than doing a deep cross to the backpost, control it on your chest then volley it.
  5. Ping Pong no longer works as well. You'll maybe get 3 or 4 passes but only in non-threatening area.
  6. Shielding the ball so that nobody can get it no longer as effective. Opponent just presses L2 and direction towards player to stick a foot in.
  7. Physical battles are excellent. You won't get a chance in tonnes of space unless you have worked hard to make that space. Always someone nearby to either block or deflect shots or passes.
  8. Need to use lobbed passes sometimes to go from A-B rather than ball being on the deck all the time.
  9. Can use the R3 button to flick the ball in the air from group (like a chop) when dribbling at them. Looks fantastic
  10. Doing fake passes now works a lot better than previous versions
  11. Tactics are really advanced with options for most scenarios. Press poor first touch is good.
  12. Not seen a single foul given that wasn't a foul.
  13. I got tackled at the halfway line on a breakaway and the commentary was smart enough to know this was the last man and right enough the guy got sent off.
Negatives
  1. There is a bug where if you sprint and go to take a cross, the player slides. I'm sure they will fix this.
  2. Goalies sometime dive the wrong way or fail to put their hands out to shots they should save. They are pretty good other than this
  3. Few bugs so far but nothing you wouldn't expect in a beta
  4. Wish they would change it so you could do tactical decisions during cutscenes etc. You can only use the d-pad when the ball is in play and so i get distracted from the game looking down at the options.
  5. Hard to get through defences sometimes so games can be decided by corners or crosses.

Having also played PES over the last few years, they have "borrowed" several aspects
- 2nd indicator above the person you will control next
- poorer first control if sprinting onto a ball
- skill score in FUT which goes up and down depending on how you do

Thanks so much for all these previews guys, really appreciate it.

I keep going from hyped to "oh no the AI is going to be too easy" (@mfmaxpower), to "woah they've actually fixed quite a few little issues with Manager Mode" (@Redhat), to "it looks way too fast" (@Mikhail), to "the build-up play sounds beautiful" (@talucchesi)... Now another positive review from you @FootieGamer!

How am I supposed to feel?!!!?! :LOL:

Thought it played slower myself, if a team is playing a high press though for example you have less time which makes things feel faster cause you're under pressure.

How did you guys get the codes anyways?-

I didn't get one last year - does appear to be entirely random. Just got an email out of the blue with the details. Even some of the "influencer" Fifa players didn't get a beta code which is surprising.

Back
Top Bottom