Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Just mid range golds from the EFL Championship,mid 70s a couple of 80 rated players,quite a weak team,no chem styles on them

I have faced Suarez and Allesandrini among others and my opponents seem to be struggling the same way i have been with dribbling etc with them higher rated players.

I didn't play world cup mode so can't really compare

Kl thanks for the response, would you mind feeding back to us towards the end of the Beta when you have built up a better team? Id be interested to hear how it plays for you.

Kl thanks for the response, would you mind feeding back to us towards the end of the Beta when you have built up a better team? Id be interested to hear how it plays for you.

Yes for sure.At the moment its hard to get good players as we have only been given 15000 coins and that was today.I am hoping EA drops us Fifa points and more coins so we can get good players.Lots of people are still rolling with some bronzes

I noticed the goal kick camera angle now has a much wider FOV.

PES introduced this same thing just last year I believe in 2018, and I commented back then about how it was one of the few good improvements PES made that year.

Nice to see EA be quick to copy the good stuff PES does lol.

As for gameplay, I'll have to play a lot more, but first impressions are that it's faster than 18, more fluid than 18, and shooting is way OP as you can rocket shots with less care about body position and whatnot. The shooting thing needs to change for full release - lord knows what state it's like on assisted.

I just really wish I got a Seasons invite to be honest, as I don't enjoy playing against the AI.

CL matches actually have better grass color and lighting. Players look more realistic on cutscenes compared to normal night matches. Can't they improve the lighting for all matches?

CL matches actually have better grass color and lighting. Players look more realistic on cutscenes compared to normal night matches. Can't they improve the lighting for all matches?

I agree.
I suppose they do it on purpose to make UCL more special.

Kind of but slower...The game won't stay like it anyway,it will be back to 100mph after 2 weeks.Anyone who likes a slower pace(like me) will like it,but the average 15 year old Fifa fan who likes to run up and down the pitch with Gabriel Jesus will hate it

No, it's the fact that they want people to use 100 skill moves to increase skill gap for online. Let's be honest. They make left stick dribbling as clunky and sloppy as possible to force people to use skill moves.

I know it's wet pitch but that ball is moving like a bowling ball glued to the ground, while they are making short passes.
Also about animations: Fifa has more but as smoothness i feel it's quite twitchy, if you know what i mean. It's like they move those legs so much when they run, it's not a natural movement at all.

So he plays, what, six games against the AI on Legendary and wins every single one?

Okay, seriously concerned about this one now.

Thanks for the video uploads so far, they are unfortunately painful to watch. EA are obviously very good at what they do but it's not to my taste anymore.

So he plays, what, six games against the AI on Legendary and wins every single one?

I didn't play enough with Fifa lately, is Legenday the max level, like Legend in Pes?

Anyway his last match Bayern-Shalke04, he was Bayern and he lost 1-2.

Last edited:
I'm loving it some great tackle animations, some real beefy tackles, headers are better and you have some real battles for the ball. For me its the improvements i'm looking for.

I've now played 20+ matches, all on Legendary, and I'm not sure I've lost yet. I have tied a few, and maybe I lost one of my first matches against Man City, but that was it.

I will say, there's a lot to really like about what they've done. The tactics are a game changer in a number of ways, and I've had some fantastic matches - one was the best I've had in years, in which I went behind to Arsenal, switched to a high pressure high attack tactic, and reaped my rewards as I drew the match as a clear result of my forwards gaining possession back.

But it's still way too easy to create scoring chances through counter-attacks. On one hand, the defending is quite better in a number of ways - both in the mechanics and teammate AI. On the other, there's still some major issues with the defensive AI that's nearly impossible to not exploit (though I've not had this done against me by the CPU).

The two biggest are that the flanks are easy exploit, bypassing the midfield and getting behind the defensive line; the other is midfield runners aren't being picked up well.

In addition, the CPU defenders aren't aggressive enough. I usually finish the game with ~20 tackles while they finish usually with under 10. This surely has something to do with why there's so few fouls too.

Maybe the way I've scored the most is pass out to the wings, and if I get closed down, hold on to the ball long enough for a CM to make an unmarked run to the top of the box, where I get a free running shot. I just beat Juventus 3-0 with two screamers by Pogba at the top of the 18; plus one that was a cutback from Sanchez.

IMO, a lot of what's wrong with the demo can be improved/polished with the final build. But the defensive AI - that's what's got me worried. Overall the defending seems better, but there's a few areas in which easy chances occur, and if those aren't fixed, it'll be another year of FIFA being too easy, even on Legendary.

Last edited:
So one of the guys I talked to reddit said it's a tiki taka simulator. It's easy to bypass midfield by accurate forward passing and passing all the way through the goal. He mentions that it's easier than FIFA 18 because there are more spaces to pass forward. I won't buy the game until I play demo but not too much hope.

So one of the guys I talked to reddit said it's a tiki taka simulator. It's easy to bypass midfield by accurate forward passing and passing all the way through the goal. He mentions that it's easier than FIFA 18 because there are more spaces to pass forward. I won't buy the game until I play demo but not too much hope.

Everyone's due their own opinion of course but I don't know how you'd come away thinking that, at least not in single player. Teams play different based on their tactics, and they'll adjust them midgame, so I'm seeing some real nice variety.

Just played Crystal Palace and they were worthless in attack - just playing long balls to wingers - and it wasn't until the end of the game when they threw people forward that they actual created chances. I was Man United and it felt exactly like how I'd like a match to feel when playing against inferior opposition.

I'd be in love with this beta if it wasn't for how easy it is to create scoring chances, and to a lesser extent the lack of fouls.

Everyone's due their own opinion of course but I don't know how you'd come away thinking that, at least not in single player. Teams play different based on their tactics, and they'll adjust them midgame, so I'm seeing some real nice variety.

Just played Crystal Palace and they were worthless in attack - just playing long balls to wingers - and it wasn't until the end of the game when they threw people forward that they actual created chances. I was Man United and it felt exactly like how I'd like a match to feel when playing against inferior opposition.

I'd be in love with this beta if it wasn't for how easy it is to create scoring chances, and to a lesser extent the lack of fouls.

Yeah that was one of the issues I had with FIFA 18 that bigger teams doesn't play the way they should be and dominate smaller teams. Also apparently career mode have Ultimate Difficulty now. Have you tried that?

Yeah that was one of the issues I had with FIFA 18 that bigger teams doesn't play the way they should be and dominate smaller teams. Also apparently career mode have Ultimate Difficulty now. Have you tried that?

Oh shit, no I didn't realize that. Just been playing Legendary since that's what I always do haha. I'll have to try that tomorrow.

EA removed the demo download section from origin if you haven't noticed. No more demos, RIP.

Back
Top Bottom