Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Sweet! Got an invite to Pro Clubs and Kick Off. Would have preferred H2H but it's all good.

Super excited to try this out.

Please give feedback if the defense AI is still ridiculous or if it's better this year, in pro clubs, without an "any" team-mate.

"Congratulations! You've been selected to participate in the FIFA 19 Closed Beta. Starting 10th August at 5pm BST, you can play and test game modes: Online Seasons and Kick-off. Get started early, Pre-Load Available Now by following instructions below."

Nice...

[Edited by Chris Davies: Removed the embedded links that someone may have been able to use to claim your beta code, careful Pepper... You lucky bastard...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Got an invite to Pro Clubs and Kick Off. Would have preferred H2H but it's all good.

Super excited to try this out.
I‘m looking forward to hearing your feedback. I‘ve never really liked Fifa, however watching your videos actually make me want playing that game.

Will do mate.

But Clubs AI defense has always been bad. I believe it's intended by EA (for a couple of reasons) so I doubt anything will change.

Thank you, I don't understand why they do that, it's the best mode ever be able to create a football team with friends, and then it's not realistic at all.

They could increase the AI level when you rise between divisions, that would be great, who likes to run straight ahead and score like past editions could play in lowest division or grow up and play football. Or at least a filter would solve it.

"Congratulations! You've been selected to participate in the FIFA 19 Closed Beta. Starting 10th August at 5pm BST, you can play and test game modes: Online Seasons and Kick-off. Get started early, Pre-Load Available Now by following instructions below."

Nice...

[Edited by Chris Davies: Removed the embedded links that someone may have been able to use to claim your beta code, careful Pepper... You lucky bastard...]

Just FYI - that can't happen. Beta invites are tied directly to your specific account. People selling beta invites are scammers.

I‘m looking forward to hearing your feedback. I‘ve never really liked Fifa, however watching your videos actually make me want playing that game.

Thanks dude.

Playing on full manual turns the game into something else entirely. People complain about how FIFA is arcade and whatever, but the options for simulation gameplay are right there in the game, you just need to use them!

Is the dribbling as fluid as it was in FIFA 16?

That'll be one of the main things I'll keep an eye out for. I want the responsive of movement and dribbling from 16 to come back into the Frostbite engine.

Thank you, I don't understand why they do that, it's the best mode ever be able to create a football team with friends, and then it's not realistic at all.

They could increase the AI level when you rise between divisions, that would be great, who likes to run straight ahead and score like past editions could play in lowest division or grow up and play football. Or at least a filter would solve it.

It's probably to encourage people to use an ANY, because honestly the game is more fun when you play against humans instead of AI. If AI was just as good or better than your average human then people would actively be discouraged from playing defense positons.

Like you said, literally all EA would need to do, at the very least, is raise the difficulty of the AI in Clubs. But they don't. So I assume it's deliberate.

Just FYI - that can't happen. Beta invites are tied directly to your specific account. People selling beta invites are scammers.

You sure about that? I know it says as much in the emails but I'm pretty sure last year you were able to share your code.

You sure about that? I know it says as much in the emails but I'm pretty sure last year you were able to share your code.
I know for a fact that you can, because last year one incredibly kind chap on Twitter saw my tweet of disappointment and sent me his code, which I used to put together a few beta feedback videos. We follow each other to this day.

This was on the Xbox, though.

Watch this before it's too late

There are two matches, one against Amateur AI and one against Legendary AI.

I noticed there is a lot more physicality, also CPU seems to be more balanced than Pes even if they tend to score the same goals (Liverpool players going near the goal line than cutback pass and shoot).

As negatives i see 0 fouls in a 20 minutes match by Legendary AI and long range shots are really overpowered here, keeper just can't catch them.

Nice...

Thanks Chris i didn't realise that.

Watch this before it's too late.
I've saved it as an MP4 in-case we need to re-upload and hide it somewhere.

It looks as slow as my current game on slow with lower acceleration, but that may be because it's not 60fps.

Lovely little UI changes, like highlighting the important attributes when you're switching your set-piece taker.

I liked the AI jogging next to a ball that was going out for a corner - didn't see that enough in 18.

Loved the goal the human player scored, where the AI keeper came out and left a chance - really satisfying smash of the ball into the net.

But...

The AI still seems to seek out the striker as a priority (even if it's less immediate than before) - but worse still, it seems to try and score the same way over and over and over again. Running along the line between the corner flag and the goal, then trying a cutback, which is finished with a first-time shot. That's really worrying me.

Liverpool (AI) also have 91% pass accuracy at half time. Compared to his 68%... I'm not convinced the AI is going to be any different. Argh.

It would have been good if the guy could have talked about the game rather than how many viewers he was getting too, Jesus fucking Christ.

Last edited:
by looking at that video pes and fifa play a similar game have similar issues but still reckon fifa has more midfield battles than the other i can deal with the negatives cos they have a lot more to offer as well. BUT they need to to nerf those flicks, its a massive turn off.

Last edited:
by looking at that video pes and fifa play a similar game have similar issues but still reckon fifa has more midfield battles than the other i can deal with the negatives cos they have a lot more to offer as well. yeah looking forward to this.
For me, PES 2019 feels great when on the ball - but the AI is too easy below Superstar, but tiki-taka-crazy on Superstar itself. (It appears to "boost" poor teams too - Colo-Colo play more tiki-taka for me in the demo than Barcelona do!!!!!!!! Absolutely mental approach.)

FIFA feels "weird" (that's the word I've used since they switched to Frostbite and I stand by it), slidey and not quite right. But the ball physics, physical battles, and the AI that does different things (see my post in the "versus" thread)... A football game needs that stuff. Plus, sliders.

It's time that EA hires a new 'in game' graphics engineers. The graphics looks identical to FIFA 18. De lightning is too dark, the nets are looking like steel cages (over and over again). The stadia are looking 'dull' (maybe because of the lightning) and such on... It is really strange that there are almost no improvements in terms of graphics.

This dude probably just copped a ban for sharing to y'all. Be grateful you get any info or video on the beta.
I don't think anyone's ungrateful... Just a wasted opportunity to talk about what feels different. He didn't talk about gameplay once, only how many views he was getting.

Pretty concerned about the AI being repetitive given how they kept trying to score cheap cutback goals.

AI reluctant to cross the ball and hardly any fouls. Honestly, how $*&£ing difficult is it to make a football game with the BASICS programmed in???

Apparently Career Mode and Pro Clubs are unchanged.

iI6TgYI.jpg

KB5M0rN.jpg

XaDOKPB.jpg

2GyoxSj.jpg

Last edited:
After watching the trailer I had hopes that night matches will look good even if its dark..

But watching these gameplay videos, lighting looks bland as fuk. Even worse than fifa 18. What the hell happened?

After watching the trailer I had hopes that night matches will look good even if its dark..

But watching these gameplay videos, lighting looks bland as fuk. Even worse than fifa 18. What the hell happened?

True.
FIFA won't change anything until they decide to implement a new engine. That's how it works for EA. They plan something and maintain it throughout the use of that engine.
And the worst thing is they don't even provide an option within the game to change brightness/contrast/saturation. That sucks.

I don't think anyone's ungrateful... Just a wasted opportunity to talk about what feels different. He didn't talk about gameplay once, only how many views he was getting.

Pretty concerned about the AI being repetitive given how they kept trying to score cheap cutback goals.

Yeah but most people are casual players who are not nessescarily going to go indepth about all that stuff. I mean if dude just released video alone with no commentary it would be great in and of itself just to see the gameplay of two full matches. I'm not saying don't ask for more or make suggestions, i'm literally just saying that we should be happy that anybody shares anything, especially when they will likely face consequences!

He did answer a couple of questions in the comments though... he mentioned shooting being way easier to the extent that it is a "joke" lol.

He said he really loves shooting because it's really easy to score bangers (noticed that in his video) and there will be lots of those in top 10 videos. I just can't. Can't understand that mentality at all.

I know for a fact that you can, because last year one incredibly kind chap on Twitter saw my tweet of disappointment and sent me his code, which I used to put together a few beta feedback videos. We follow each other to this day.

This was on the Xbox, though.

Interesting. I wonder if they did something different this year because I know there's already been some people posting that they got scammed - they purchased a code from someone and it didn't work. The email this year says the codes are tied to your specific playstation/xbox account. I can't remember if they used to say that. But probably better safe than sorry.

No, just no. They're not at all. No idea what you're watching.

I'd actually agree that some player models are awful. I've been replaying FiFA 18's the Journey, and Alex Hunter's player model is excellent. BUT - thinner player models in FIFA are crap. Football players tend to have thick lower body musculature but in FIFA, the smaller/thinner players can look like bean poles. Plus it adds to their feeling a bit floaty.

And one of the most annoying things is EA tends to give lower-rated players the thinner model type more frequently than not. You see this all the time - a young player gets upgraded, sometimes they'll get facescanned, and then all of the sudden the player is much thicker and muscular than before.

Personally it's been a big annoyance for me for years, and it's one of the reasons why in CM I always try to build my teams with primarily facescanned players - because they tend to have more realistic body models.

He did answer a couple of questions in the comments though... he mentioned shooting being way easier to the extent that it is a "joke" lol.
He said he really loves shooting because it's really easy to score bangers (noticed that in his video) and there will be lots of those in top 10 videos. I just can't. Can't understand that mentality at all.
I heard that and shuddered, but weirdly, I think the human goals all looked pretty decent. As in, not unrealistic. I'm hoping (and I'm stupid to hope, I know) that he's got that impression from those two games and that over a longer period - or with non-Premier League teams - it's different.

If not, thank God for sliders eh?

Back
Top Bottom