Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Hey @fernadez
Thanks for all the info you provided.
One question, do you agree with the claim about FIFA 19 being a whole new game in terms of gameplay?. Not FIFA 17.2 or FIFA 18.2? (don't know if you can understand Spanish but, see below).

Djk3tjZXcAA4-r3.jpg:large

Nah, feels like FIFA to me, quite like 16 on the version I was playing. There's added aspects like physicality and animations, but it felt familiar.

Defensively I think the game was better, better shape, better awareness, but things like the FB tucking in for no reason don't always manifest themselves straight away, however in the games I played it felt better.

Nah, feels like FIFA to me, quite like 16 on the version I was playing. There's added aspects like physicality and animations, but it felt familiar.

Defensively I think the game was better, better shape, better awareness, but things like the FB tucking in for no reason don't always manifest themselves straight away, however in the games I played it felt better.
Could you elaborate a bit more on physicality?

How did ball shielding felt (if you tried that much at all)? Shoulder/shoulder and random collisions between players?

Does strong team actually plays like strong team in this game? FIFA 17 and 18 was so easy to beat teams like Man City, Barca and Madrid. Needs to be fixed.

I wouldn't mind if they added new game modes to FIFA if stalwart features like Career Mode weren't completely lackluster year after year.

They took off a lot of "features" from CM, like investing the money on stadium capacity, etc. It is not a big thing, but gave us more "immersion" in the mode. Unfortunately they are focused in what gives them money (like UT).

Well, if it felt like FIFA 16 to you... that's great news for me! :D

Survival mode in Fifa? No thanks.
I feel the same but you know what, this is the new "Kick Off" mode - they've added all these "fun" little features for guys who play on the couch together.

I find that incredible given that we're in the time of online gaming and microtransactions - and there's no harm in it. As long as Career Mode gets some love as well - actually, much more importantly, the game against the AI.

As someone has already pointed out, my concern is that the AI won't make use of these new dynamic tactics and they'll be playing the same default tactics (and default approach play) every game - or that when they engage the attacking tactics, they're so overpowered that Barnsley start playing like Barcelona with ten minutes to go.

Lots to be hopeful about - but lots to be worried about too.

If the Survival Mode is like the Eliminator mode from FIFA Street that could a laugh. A wee break from the Career Mode for me. As Chris said, as long as the CM has been improved along with the actual football, I don't mind.

I feel the same but you know what, this is the new "Kick Off" mode - they've added all these "fun" little features for guys who play on the couch together.

I find that incredible given that we're in the time of online gaming and microtransactions - and there's no harm in it. As long as Career Mode gets some love as well - actually, much more importantly, the game against the AI.

As someone has already pointed out, my concern is that the AI won't make use of these new dynamic tactics and they'll be playing the same default tactics (and default approach play) every game - or that when they engage the attacking tactics, they're so overpowered that Barnsley start playing like Barcelona with ten minutes to go.

Lots to be hopeful about - but lots to be worried about too.

Agreed.
They could have not payed attention to a simple mode like Kick-Off, and let's be real, nobody would have complained.
The more options, the more innovation, the more creativity, the better. Some will try it and love it, some will try it and hate it and some will not even try it. But it's there, and it's new.

Regarding the AI thing, damn... there are all these complex layers in football games. It's like, they never end. There's always something else that has the be taken care of. An extra layer. Must be so hard for these companies.

I know it might just be me (and I touched on this last fall), but I found FIFA 18 to have extremely wonky manual controls. I played on manual exclusively for about 3 years with a friend of mine (lots of co-op seasons and career), but we could just not get to grips with FIFA 18's manual passing. It felt like the players wouldn't react properly unless the ball was played perfectly to their feet. We'd go back to FIFA 17 every so often to test passing, and it felt absolutely fine in regards to manual controls. I pray FIFA 19 is better in this respect.

As long as Career Mode gets some love as well

Which it won't, it never does, what was the last CM to get significant changes? Fifa 10? resulting in your list of "67 bugs and counting" in manager mode, which resulted in Peter Moore summoning Marcel Kuhn back early from his honeymoon, ah the good old days...

;)

And now look where poor Marcel ended up because of you: https://fitnessschool.tv/trainer/Marcel-Kuhn ;)

I’m hoping lots of players get their face re-scanned.
You seen City Keeper Eduardo in 18? It’s just a generic face.
Costa has had beard and short hair for 2 years but his face is about 4 yeas old.
It doesnt affect game play off course but for a game with all the licences you’d at least expect up to date player models.

Eduardo got updated along with the world cup update. But your point still stands though.

*EDIT*, you meant Ederson, right?

Got my invite. I'll have access to kick-off and career mode.

Are you guys signed up for EA emails? I think you have to be to receive an invite. It's the only reason I signed up, and I never received an invite until I did sign up.

Didn't get an invite and not bothered..

The full game is always completely different to the BETA/DEMO and any test games you play at events.

Give it a month after release and the game will be changed to play the same as other FIFA's and designed for FUT players.

Yeahhhhh!!!

Guess who didn't get one for the tenth year in a row!!!

This guy!!!

:CRY:
An EA representative said that beta invites were completely random but I know for a fact that it's complete Bull shit. My son has been invited to every closed beta FIFA franchise has had. If invites are 100% random then he's so lucky that my son should start buying lottery tickets.

This is the worst gameplay video I have seen so far. It seems EA have sped up the game even more... how is that even possible? :SICK:

This is the worst gameplay video I have seen so far. It seems EA have sped up the game even more... how is that even possible? :SICK:
We were discussing this above - it's 2v2, and it's a bunch of dickheads playing it. It's not worth worrying about.

When it's versus AI and it looks as bad as that, then I'll be worried...

We were discussing this above - it's 2v2, and it's a bunch of dickheads playing it. It's not worth worrying about.

When it's versus AI and it looks as bad as that, then I'll be worried...

True, I enjoyed FUT at the beginning of 18 but then it just gets out of hand with all the stats boosts, fifa 18 now looks like the game play in that video as everyone is on steroids. I cant see them slowing the pace of the game down this year, it works well for them, i dont think they are looking to make wholesale changes to the gameplay.

What EA have done extremely well is find a tonne of game modes that incorporate football somehow, PES for me is very one-dimensional in this respect.

Back
Top Bottom