Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
They had the opportunity to add one of the few very cool gameplay additions from the last Journey into career mode, the new relationships system which would have been a great addition to career mode, that certain players play better (or worse) when other players are playing, could have given an interesting dynamic to choosing your lineups and stuff.

Funny you mention the Journey. I'm actually just now playing it all the way through for the first time and I keep thinking about how great it is because of the some of the cool and creative things they did, and would love to see some if it getting into CM. If this is the last year of the Journey, I can only hope that means they might give CM some actual attention in FIFA 20.

There are a couple of new Career Mode features, at least (excluding the UEFA competition implementation and the UI redesign that are mentioned above).

More manager customisation and the ability to call press conferences have also been added. The screenshots in the Twitter links are mock-ups - using PES actually :D - but lots of sources, including this British tabloid with a pretty good relationship with EA, are talking about these features and using the same mock-ups.

To quote the latter...
There will be a full career mode reveal at Gamescom this year, which takes place 21st August

Honestly, if I can give my manager a beard, I'll feel about 10% more connected with my career mode.

EDIT: Also, I don't think it's already been mentioned, and I don't know if anyone cares, but... Serie A and Coppa Italia will be licensed (article is in Italian).

Last edited:
Not really related too much to FIFA.

But EA on PC have just launched Origin Premium.

Origin Premium allows full access to lots of new and upcoming games including FIFA 19 and Battlefield 5, plus many other EA Games.

It costs just £90 a year, but if you use a Russian VPN it can be had for £49, which is a bargain as means just £25 each for new Battlefield and FIFA 19.

Just though would let any PC players know about it before you pre-order the game.

Not really related too much to FIFA.

But EA on PC have just launched Origin Premium.

Origin Premium allows full access to lots of new and upcoming games including FIFA 19 and Battlefield 5, plus many other EA Games.

It costs just £90 a year, but if you use a Russian VPN it can be had for £49, which is a bargain as means just £25 each for new Battlefield and FIFA 19.

Just though would let any PC players know about it before you pre-order the game.

Thanks for the heads up.
What kind of full access are we talking about here?. I mean, what's the difference between buying it like one normally would or buying it through Origin Premium?.

What kind of full access are we talking about here?. I mean, what's the difference between buying it like one normally would or buying it through Origin Premium?.
The difference is simply that, with Origin Premium, it's included in the £90 a year.

If you only want FIFA, it's cheaper to just buy that. If you'll play Battlefield 5 and all the other EA games from the next year or so too... Then you'll save money. It's for big PC gamers.

Thanks for the heads up.

So far not too bad.

Started to download Madden 19, Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 2..
All games I refused to buy as thought they were too expensive for what they were at launch.

FIFA 19 you actually get the Ultimate Edition with Origin Premium, so makes the deal even better.

Cost me £50.94 with PayPal after currency conversion.

There are also a lot of other games that are available too.
So far very impressed and an absolute steal at £50.

I like the pitch notes..looks very professional as you'd expect from EA..i like the look of the timed shooting..my interpretation was you can shoot normally by pressing once or use timed shooting that can give you more accuracy or less if you get it wrong.
I'm not sure about the tricks.
My worry is this
If someone gets good at timed shooting and at tricks are we going to see the likes of Fellani bouncing the ball over 3 players then smashing one in from 40 yards...stats have to play a major part.

My worry is this
If someone gets good at timed shooting and at tricks are we going to see the likes of Fellani bouncing the ball over 3 players then smashing one in from 40 yards...stats have to play a major part.
The whole point of "Pitch Notes" is to respond to community concern such as "will Timed Finishing mean 35-year-old centre-backs can score worldies" - and they have responded. They say attributes still play a big part in that article.

For me, it just means the current tactic of hitting every shot hard and low is now more difficult to pull off, though you do get slightly more accuracy if you can (I hope it's as difficult to pull off as they claim).

Say what you like about EA but they do listen.

Yeah that's true I like the idea of the bar..i liked the new penalty system when it was implemented where poor penalty kickers had a smaller green range..hopefully it's similar

I think The Pitch Notes is going to be used as a changelog for all the updates that didn't have explanation in the past too. Not just to explain features. Because, honestly, how many features do need extensive explanation?...

It's fake...
The image is a mock-up, but it's based on information from a "German publication" that is supposedly legit. (I'm not so sure, but multiple sites are talking about it.)

I think 5v5 might be part of the "House Rules" bit of the new Kick Off features - so perhaps not a fully-fledged FIFA Street mode like everyone is hyping for.

SOURCE: SPORTbible amongst others!

EDIT: A photo of the "German publication", for anyone who can translate for us! This just talks about "Survival Mode", which I'm not interested in personally, but it's another one of those "House Rules" features.

DjH0XHBXcAELLRc.jpg

SOURCE: SPORTSbible, Versus UK

Last edited:
The image is a mock-up, but it's based on information from a "German publication" that is supposedly legit. (I'm not so sure, but multiple sites are talking about it.)

I think 5v5 might be part of the "House Rules" bit of the new Kick Off features - so perhaps not a fully-fledged FIFA Street mode like everyone is hyping for.

SOURCE: SPORTbible amongst others!

EDIT: A photo of the "German publication", for anyone who can translate for us! This just talks about "Survival Mode", which I'm not interested in personally, but it's another one of those "House Rules" features.

DjH0XHBXcAELLRc.jpg

SOURCE: SPORTSbible, Versus UK
In this survival mode, you apparently start 11v11 and you lose a player each time you score, so it's probably not going to take place in a FIFA Street arena. But who knows, maybe there also is a separate 5v5 mode.

Djk3tjZXcAA4-r3.jpg:large

Basically it's says FIFA 19 is a new game. It's the biggest jump from one version to the next and it has the most changes in terms of gameplay.
It's NOT FIFA 17.2, or FIFA 18.1 or whatever. He says you are playing A NEW GAME with a NEW GAMEPLAY.

And we'll see about that.

Well, with the last sentence he says:"EA pays me to make videos, not to influence what i say". So EA pays him for his videos and i should believe that doesn't influence his opinion? Sure...

Well, with the last sentence he says:"EA pays me to make videos, not to influence what i say". So EA pays him for his videos and i should believe that doesn't influence his opinion? Sure...

You can believe what you want mate.
I think if he's going through the trouble of actually making it clear they pay him TO MAKE VIDEOS not to talk or say specific things, it must mean he's free to speak.
And if it wasn't true he could just say it's very good, better than 18, blablabla. He doesn't need to say it's a brand new game with a new gameplay.

Been offered tickets to the FIFA esports World Cup on Saturday, got no interest in watching a bunch of fully assisted Real v Barca games but thinking I might go along as FIFA 19 will be playable there.

You can believe what you want mate.
I think if he's going through the trouble of actually making it clear they pay him TO MAKE VIDEOS not to talk or say specific things, it must mean he's free to speak.
And if it wasn't true he could just say it's very good, better than 18, blablabla. He doesn't need to say it's a brand new game with a new gameplay.

It's the same situation with Pes and the people reporting it's a masterpiece game while videos don't show as much. I'm cautious with both claims because there is nothing in these gameplay videos showing me it's a completely new game. Even previews talked about it being an improved Fifa 18, definitely not a revolutionary new game.

EA is not paying him to say it's a completely new game, it's just that he is too close to EA to not be influenced.

I'm waiting for impressions coming from some of you guys.

Not DIRECTLY related to FIFA, but sort of...
The new Champions League ball

Djl8LoAXgAApAQ6.jpg:large

I sow it a few months ago and I hoped.. well, I still hope it's an unofficial version of the CL ball.. But it seems that we gonna see it on the turf soon. Weird, Adidas' ball design always was on the top of the list, but in this case it looks at least weird :-)

Neymar's ambassador? We need exaggerated acting scenes when someone tackles Neymar. We also need the diving feature back on single player modes.

Back
Top Bottom