Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Really, really weird to me seeing the PL managers in that trailer (as in, the real people).

I can imagine it costs a lot of money to borrow them, and to ask them to wear their training gear as well (cringe), for the purposes of a trailer. There's more to that, surely?

(I find it hard to believe they were actually used to develop the tactical systems - FIFA isn't real life, it's 6-7 minute halves, it's not real football, they're not programmers, how useful can their input really be.)

I do believe tactics will have a bigger impact this year.
I don't know whether they actually implemented what real managers said, but I'm sure it will play a role.

Di4JfydXgAA4U7l.jpg

Di4JfOZX4AEhEVr.jpg

Pitches and night lighting look a bit better. I like it.

That's the new "Kick Off" mode they talk about in their embargo info, I'm betting.

I hope you can see both sides' formations (when one is AI). In the E3 videos, you couldn't (and in FIFA 18, 17, 16 etc. you can't).

Official Gameplay:

General gameplay looks slower (as slow as my current sliders, from default) - ball seems a little less on-rails. Both goals were horrible, though (especially the instant kick-off goal).

Can't see any differences made to lighting this year though. It still looks dully and too dark. Grey goal posts and goal nets are horrible.

The ball is still TOOOOO small (looks more like futsal ball rather than 11 a side ball).

FIFA 17.3 ?

Might be my work laptopt then. Will have to recheck when I get home !

But after all these surfacing material from FIFA 19, I'm thinking I'll lean more towards PES this year. JUST a little bit though. But we'll see... it's all about how it feels when you have the gamepad in hand afterall.

New trailer: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1021756898683510784

I think sometimes EA simply don't help themselves. All those moves would probably look amazing and would leave us all with our mouths opened, if only they showed it from the gameplay camera as opposed to this cinematic concept, it would make a bigger impact. I don't know why EA SPORTS love to "hollywoodize" football.

WOAH! what do you know? https://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/1021764440184635393
EA does this copy/paste too!? Thought only lazy Konami did this!

don`t want to start VS talk but from gameplay video posted above pes 2019 ball physics piss on fifa. really dissapointed from what I saw, surely can`t judge the game until played demo at least but this is joke, only cosmetic changes + 2 licences (UCL and UEL)

Pros:
-Everything is much more compact. Wingers are pinching in defensively and this is clogging up the midfield which is great.
-Saw Sanchez pinch in with an overlapping Ashley Young. Individual Instructions telling a winger to cut inside weren't working the past few years. Looks like that might have been fixed.
-Back 4 look solid enough. Cb's aren't chasing runners into the box and seem to realize that offsides is a thing in football
-Lukaku's hold up play and strength
-Goalkicks are much better.

Cons:
-That.First.Goal.
-In terms of movement and AI decision making, this is largely Fifa 18
-Still an "OMGOSH WE'RE ON DEFENSE NOW! DEFEND!!!!" And a "OMGOSH, WE'RE ATTACKING NOW...ATTACK!!!" mindset on Fifa as it is with PES. Which is weird. If the developers wanting more of an attaking game, you'd think they'd want the defending team to track back slower.
-Players glide all over the pitch. No hint of footplanting really anywhere. Arcadey.
-A heavy first touch from KDB was awesome to see but then he goes and ClearAsDay takes out a Untied player and nothing is called...
-New Heading animations are great but KDB flew like #23 in his prime
-I love that Fullbacks are really pushing up for United but this is going to mean counter attacking spam as they're overdoing it a bit.
-Back to back crossbar misses. We all know what that means
-United have a reluctance to back pass. Hopefully this can be fixed through tactics.
-That.Second.Goal.
-0 fouls

I know there's a lot of negatives I posted but I actually think this is going to be a really good game. What i just witnessed wasnt really good, but sliders will clean up a lot of the usual BS. And tactics are going to be MONUMENTAL if they get them working right. Overall, I'd say this is a B+ or A-

Same old Christmas tree, but with new lights. Need demo.

I just don't like the esport vibe of the game...

Look at this half time stats in a Manchester derby too. 1 tackle each and 0 fouls..what is going on

At the end of the match you can see there is just 1 total foul committed by the human player, CPU doesn't foul.

I like what i see from the tactical aspect,if they gonna reproduce it correctly in the game and it's not just marketing bs..
But what the fuck with the ball size at 0:30?? Just..WHY??..
How can the developers look at this shit and not realize that it looks fucking ridiculous??
They just don't care..So are most people that play this game..It's just a shame.

Di4JfydXgAA4U7l.jpg

Di4JfOZX4AEhEVr.jpg

Pitches and night lighting look a bit better. I like it.
Look at the size of De Bruyne's and Herrera's feet! OMFG!!
That's one of the reasons why the ball looks so small and ridiculous on their feet.
It's just sad how after so many years and despite the fact that they have a good overall presentation package like atmosphere,commentary etc,EA can't still reproduce correct realistic player models and basic stuff like correct ball size.
This shit really keeping me off from playing this game more.

It seems like tactics are working again and pace is much slower but night lighting is horrendous, please turn on the lights in that stadium.
Yeah.From the early video that we saw some weeks ago and the trailer the pitch and lighting looked improved but this shit here still looks dead and like a dark swamp.Probably gonna be the same again.
Also i hate this new radar.Looks ugly and confusing and still keeps going transparent at random times and then back to normal.I was hoping that maybe they would fix this but no apparently.I don't understand what's the point of that.
Passing,movement and animations still feel kinda weightless.
If you compare how much different Pes 19 looks to a Pes 18 video and how much different Fifa 19 looks to a Fifa 18 video,Pes surely looks like it improved more and looks more different.
This basically looks almost identical to Fifa 18 and if i didn't know that it's a Fifa 19 video i probably couldn't tell for sure if it's 18 or 19.I know you have to play yourself to be able to tell,but still looks very identical.
I think i'm gonna pass on this one too.EA seriously need to revamp their gameplay from scratch at some point.
Probably won't happen until next gen of gaming and even then i'm not sure if they'll do anything.
They still make a shitload of money even like this and with milking Fut.

Looks dreadful to be honest. This is why I chuckle when people say things like "there could be two good football games this year!", the probability of the exact opposite is always more likely.

I'm happy that they have the night lighting correct. Wish the user had played against a World Class or Legendary CPU as this professional difficulty seems to skew the challenge a bit. So, I paid attention to the ball physics, etc, for my video here:

I mean you are right on PC with the sweetfx its easier to get this right than 18. FIFA17 lighting is much closer to this and for that i could set up a somewhat good look.

i was just reading this german first impressions on fifa19 and found this:
you can now lift the ball up and keep it up by pressing the right stick (R3). thats from PES, right?! not judging this move as konami took some too...
the new tactics you can map to the d-pad too... like in PES. (this is a good move, imo).
just saying.

but what about that new shooting mechanic!? pressing the shot button twice!? really!? come on. i cant think of this working well yet. hm...
https://www.gamepro.de/artikel/fifa-19-x-neuerungen-des-fussballspiels,3332515.html

edit:
i translated the important bits via google translate for you:
  • By pressing the right stick, you can now loosen and hold up the ball, there are also special movements such as kicking the ball in the air in front of an onslaughting defender to dab it with the rebound.
  • In the new tactics menu, there are the different attack and defense tactics arranged clearly, each symbolized by a graphic and animations.
  • Individual tactics can be put on the D-pad.
  • It is now adjustable how wide and deep the tactics should be created on the field - each symbolized by a multi-level adjustable display.
  • In the offensive, for example, you can set whether you want to start the opponent early and thus want to play a strong pressing.
  • At the touch of a button, you can also let all your near-ball players put pressure on the ball-bearing player, which may then force them to fail
  • Before a conclusion (whether directly or by volley) you have to press the shot button twice).
  • Before the second press, a bargraph opens, where you must stop a pointer in the green area.
  • If you succeed, the shot / header / final will be stronger than normal and will hit the goal very hard.
  • If you fail, your player drags the ball past the goal for miles.
  • The timed finishers are completely optional and can be deactivated in the control menu.

Last edited:
i was just reading this german first impressions on fifa19 and found this:
you can now lift the ball up and keep it up by pressing the right stick (R3). thats from PES, right?! not judging this move as konami took some too...
the new tactics you can map to the d-pad too... like in PES. (this is a good move, imo).
just saying.

but what about that new shooting mechanic!? pressing the shot button twice!? really!? come on. i cant think of this working well yet. hm...
https://www.gamepro.de/artikel/fifa-19-x-neuerungen-des-fussballspiels,3332515.html

As i said sometime ago, people are quick to dismiss Pes as a dead game, but it still is very much alive in gameplay, considering Fifa developers every year take cues from it.

That's why competition between similar games is always good, both games benefit from it.

we get UEFA in demo? nice what i see. looks like more variety and outcomes making matches different, i like the package so far. night lighting is to dark but Man U players look great, better than 2018, i like the commentary too. i'm all in..

Last edited:
As i said sometime ago, people are quick to dismiss Pes as a dead game, but it still is very much alive in gameplay, considering Fifa developers every year take cues from it.

That's why competition between similar games is always good, both games benefit from it.

PES is more alive than it has been for the past 10 years in terms of brand, mate.
People are not looking at PES as 'that weird game' anymore. Nowadays when they want to discredit you because you're a PES player or a PES fan, all they can talk about is licenses. Because the gameplay (flawed an all, as FIFA is too) is solid and it's down to tastes afterall.

Plus, they both take stuff from the other game, constantly. PES took the Live Subs, for example.

we get UEFA in demo? nice what i see. looks like more variety and outcomes making matches different, i like the package so far. night lighting is to dark but Man U players look great, better than 2018, i like the commentary too. i'm all in..

I kind of would have preferred if they didn't put anything UEFA related in the demo. It sorta ruins the surprise factor for the full game. But I understand they want to put it all out there so people will buy it.

Back
Top Bottom