Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Kids don't play real football anymore. They are playing games on phones or consoles. They care about the games, not football itself.

As if FiFA 2001 and 2002 were such "sim" game when we were kids? Those games were 20x more arcadier than the arcadiest FiFA game we have in the recent years.

Then again, FiFA always was focused more on fun than sim. I like how it is. Pes on the other hand was trying to always focus on realistic gameplay, that is fine too.

As if FiFA 2001 and 2002 were such "sim" game when we were kids? Those games were 20x more arcadier than the arcadiest FiFA game we have in the recent years.

Then again, FiFA always was focused more on fun than sim. I like how it is. Pes on the other hand was trying to always focus on realistic gameplay, that is fine too.

[offtopic]
Well.. my first "OMG this is the best football game... ever" was in 1996 ... FIFA 96 for Famicom (clon name, real NES game was Goal! Two from 1992).
I was 12 years old, I was obsessed with football, especially after the USA94' and Bulgaria finished on 4th place ... then I started to be interested in football. I played football all day long when I had the opportunity. On the street, stadiums, parks, in the school, wherever I could with my friends just wanted to play football and football games.
Then I got GENESIS and bought ISS DELUX ...this game blow my mind. The same happened with FIFA 99 for PC .. that game changes everything for me.... same with FIFA 2003, PES 3, PES 6 ... and then something happened things got worse, at least in my eyes. The games started to become "worse" but maybe just for me and my generation? We have seen games from 10 pixels up to 4K. Maybe we are too critical because we have seen and experienced more and now harder anything can impress us !? We are now older or just forget that... it's still just a video game. [/offtopic]

[offtopic]
Well.. my first "OMG this is the best football game... ever" was in 1996 ... FIFA 96 for Famicom (clon name, real NES game was Goal! Two from 1992).
I was 12 years old, I was obsessed with football, especially after the USA94' and Bulgaria finished on 4th place ... then I started to be interested in football. I played football all day long when I had the opportunity. On the street, stadiums, parks, in the school, wherever I could with my friends just wanted to play football and football games.
Then I got GENESIS and bought ISS DELUX ...this game blow my mind. The same happened with FIFA 99 for PC .. that game changes everything for me.... same with FIFA 2003, PES 3, PES 6 ... and then something happened things got worse, at least in my eyes. The games started to become "worse" but maybe just for me and my generation? We have seen games from 10 pixels up to 4K. Maybe we are too critical because we have seen and experienced more and now harder anything can impress us !? We are now older or just forget that... it's still just a video game. [/offtopic]

Nah, it's because we have been playing football games for so long that new games hardly impress us. So it's not just you. We all feel the same.

If we had FiFA 18's gameplay on 1999 [Without modern graphics], I'm pretty sure our jaws would drop to floor. As we play and keep growing, our expectations increase as well.

I play my old fifa games every now and then, and while still enjoy them, I can see now how simplistic the AI was. But those games felt like 10/10 back in he day.

But that doesn't mean we should just give EA and konami a free pass with shitty gameplay. And not all recent FiFA games were bad either. FiFA 16 was pretty good and FiFA 18 is good too but has many flaws. So hopefully they will improve their games.

Why do the FUT kids want unrealistic fast gameplay? I’ve never understood this. Don’t they enjoy real football?

Contrary to popular belief I dont actually think FUT gameplay is patched to be faster. I think because most people have ridiculously high rated players so naturally the game play is faster due to higher player stats (acceleration, sprint speed, passing accuracy etc so people abuse the driven pass).

I don't play FUT i'm a CM guy but after 5-6 years my career mode gameplay is very similar to FUT gameplay due to all the "has potential to e special" and regen players i hoard!

DhwZIeVXcAAionn.jpg:large

Problem solved.

I'll buy FIFA 19 on 28 Sep. However, based on what I've seen and heard so far I'll probably end up not buying PES at all and just playing the demo like I have done the last few years.

I'll buy FIFA 19 on 28 Sep. However, based on what I've seen and heard so far I'll probably end up not buying PES at all and just playing the demo like I have done the last few years.
I'm edging towards this too..if fifa get the gameplay right with all the official competitions it could be brilliant

Don't think anyone's posted these...

Firstly, the FIFA 19 schedule:

0Gwz5wv.jpg

Secondly, a photo from the new kick-off mode has been leaked:

oaGEOwW.jpg

Not the time to mention menus I know (see the PES 2019 thread), but. Lovely clean menu. Just a shame about the Real kit on Ronaldo...

I wonder: what are the chances of all Champions League teams, at least those that make the group stage, being licensed?

Could you do the home and away series in PES with the CL license? That will be fun if that is what it reads like. Can't wait for a Europa League one, RB Leipzig vs Lyon should be cracking first match on FIFA 19 for me.

New trailer: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1021756898683510784

I think sometimes EA simply don't help themselves. All those moves would probably look amazing and would leave us all with our mouths opened, if only they showed it from the gameplay camera as opposed to this cinematic concept, it would make a bigger impact. I don't know why EA SPORTS love to "hollywoodize" football.

Last edited:
Really, really weird to me seeing the PL managers in that trailer (as in, the real people).

I can imagine it costs a lot of money to borrow them, and to ask them to wear their training gear as well (cringe), for the purposes of a trailer. There's more to that, surely?

(I find it hard to believe they were actually used to develop the tactical systems - FIFA isn't real life, it's 6-7 minute halves, it's not real football, they're not programmers, how useful can their input really be.)

Back
Top Bottom