Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I'm happy that they have the night lighting correct. Wish the user had played against a World Class or Legendary CPU as this professional difficulty seems to skew the challenge a bit. So, I paid attention to the ball physics, etc, for my video here:

The night lighting correct? :o What? Are we talking about the same video, the same game?

I'm happy that they have the night lighting correct. Wish the user had played against a World Class or Legendary CPU as this professional difficulty seems to skew the challenge a bit. So, I paid attention to the ball physics, etc, for my video here:

Yes, there's hardly any point looking too deeply into these videos when they're played on Professional - the AI barely bothers to attempt a tackle, the defensive and attacking decision making is piss poor, and the games tend to be far more open.

Night lighting looks worse and darker than FiFA 18. You're telling me that's correct night lighting?

That even looks worse than the one we saw in the trailer. At least in trailer the grass color was like umm, grass?

Night lighting looks worse and darker than FiFA 18. You're telling me that's correct night lighting?

That even looks worse than the one we saw in the trailer. At least in trailer the grass color was like umm, grass?

Yeah, I was a bit puzzled by that. There is a program called Flux that makes your desktop a darker orange hue at night time to minimize sleep disruption, FIFA kind of looks like that on the lowest setting. :LOL:

The ball physics are really starting to look outmoded in FIFA, especially the way the ball moves on ground passes.

There is a program called Flux that makes your desktop a darker orange hue at night time to minimize sleep disruption, FIFA kind of looks like that on the lowest setting.
That might explain why I was yawning watching the video. :LOL:

Only God knows how i hate the way players move their shoulders after the engine changing in FIFA. It looks like all of them are in a bodybuilder presentation.

Both games could do with body model improvements. PES players aren't perfect. They have wide hips, not indicative of a typical athletic male form, and are pigeon toed when they walk off the pitch, for example. FIFA models still have something strange going on with the shoulders. They're not "disgusting" though. Both should look better than they do, in 2018.

EA will as usual smash PES in terms of sales but i find it very interesting they release this video today as the PES embargo was lifted. Only difference i seen from last year is tactics have been refined and defences are more compact, the old system was completely outdated and needed a refine badly but i doubt its anything new, just better organised than in previous years.

Other than that its the same game. Very interesting that graphically it looks exactly the same which makes me question their glossy trailers as the post processing is giving a false picture of quality.

I think there is a possibility EA where concerned about the super early PES release and need to make sure they let people know their game is still in production and is coming so you can wait an month and not have any potential customers rush and buy PES. This really is the first video we have seen and the game is out in around 2 months so the release version wont change drastically from whats there unlike the E3 version which was in alpha clearly.

Not sure about the new commentators either, really, just don't think it was worth it.

Anyway since tactics have changed i will need to give this a go when it arrives.

Agree.
people moan pes19 is pes18.5 well this is fifa18.5 - Looks exactly the same bar the EL logos.

It happens with fifa too you know?

Come to soccergaming forums and see how people calls fifa 18 as fifa 17.5 [aand fifa 17 as 16.5 and so on].

DjC5HfHWsAA8p_D.jpg

DjC5JkLW0AA14k6.jpg

Not a real screenshot. The date is Feb 2018 for a start, and the game won't have any U19 leagues.

Disappointing to see the career mode response is essentially "yeah we've not done anything". That being said, it's pretty good, off the pitch. Just hoping the gameplay's better (with sliders of course).

Not a real screenshot. The date is Feb 2018 for a start, and the game won't have any U19 leagues.

Disappointing to see the career mode response is essentially "yeah we've not done anything". That being said, it's pretty good, off the pitch. Just hoping the gameplay's better (with sliders of course).

I really questioned the screenshot myself but I thought.... maybe, oh well.

Just read that the Chinese Super League has, apparently, officially been announced for FIFA 19. Several tweets mention it, including this one.

DjGg1S8XsAAGQR-.jpg

EDIT: Plenty of evidence (like this), looks confirmed.

I wonder if they'll have massive budgets and if all the retiring players will head there for the last year of their career... Not a bad addition if so...

The full interview your screenshot is from is here: USgamer.net

The first question the guy asks is...

Calm down!

:LMAO:

I liked this part from that article:

Kantcho Doskov: Yeah. So we have expanded the Real Player Motion Technology this year into other actions that you can do. For example, if you slide tackle and you're getting up, now you can decide where you want to go. In previous years, you would just be locked into a get-up animation that would go in this direction. But then, if the ball during the middle of that animation went somewhere else and you tried to go in that direction, you would be stuck through the animation.

But with the RPM technology, it allows us to transition at any time. It's so much more responsive and fluid. You can break out of animations in a natural way at any time. Whether you're getting up, whether you're running, whether you're even stumbling. Somebody could shoulder barge you, and you could be stumbling this way, but because your left stick is pointing that way, you have some freedom. You could actually steer your player in a different direction, which is something we never had in FIFA before. It was very static. It was like, player stumble animation this way. Wait for it to finish. Okay, now you can go that way. So it's a lot more responsive.

Last edited:
I do love the response to the Career Mode, yeah there is Champions League this year, so that is in there cos the only people playing Career Mode are the top teams anyway.

There is so many things that need changing and improving and every year they add something shite.
Like the new negotiation scene which first time is pretty cool but by the 4th time you just delegate everything cos it is a pile of cack.

Yeah, definitely. There should be some sort of encouragement to try to play with a lower league team, or with an average club outside the top 4/5 leagues. Some sort of extra reward if you fulfill the objectives with that level of ranked teams.

For example I always start my first CM with my team, Independiente (Argentina) and work my way up from there. It should be more meaningful in some way, than say... start your CM right in Manchester United.

I like what I read about constant running and pressing having a big effect on fatigue.

It seems that any fast-paced, high octane approach will take a heavy toll on fatigue. By the 60th minute of my PSG, Spurs tilt, Cavani, and the rest were down to red fatigue, something I've rarely seen in previous games.
Source: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/breaking-down-the-new-fifa-19-tactics-screen

So fucking annoying when their response to the CM question is to claim some other improvement in the game then becomes a CM improvement simply because CM happens to also use it, I remember they did that when they finally put new menus/UI in the game.

Right there with ya Placebo. EA's treatment of CM has been abysmal in recent years.

Seriously, when's the last time they added a meaningful addition that actually improved the mode? The new negotiations feature is melodramatic, limited, and essentially it's just reading the same lines of text over and over again. The player training is also shallow, dull, and repetitive. What else has there been?

It might not be the most popular mode but for me it's the one with by far the most potential, and year in and year out it's such a shame they don't really do anything worthwhile with it.

But of course I'll be playing it on day one because I'm such a fucking sucker.

The coming Saturday (August 4th) is the end of the second embargo (weird that it's a Saturday) - though it supposedly just allows people to talk about the new "kick off" mode (i.e. being able to select scenarios, "house rules" etc.), and Ultimate Team.

Also worth noting that the beta invites last year were sent out on August 9th.

I wonder if they send invites based on logged play-time. Might be time to leave the PS4 on with FIFA booted up (in career mode) 24 hours a day for the next fortnight...

The coming Saturday (August 4th) is the end of the second embargo (weird that it's a Saturday) - though it supposedly just allows people to talk about the new "kick off" mode (i.e. being able to select scenarios, "house rules" etc.), and Ultimate Team.

Also worth noting that the beta invites last year were sent out on August 9th.

I wonder if they send invites based on logged play-time. Might be time to leave the PS4 on with FIFA booted up (in career mode) 24 hours a day for the next fortnight...

I've logged hundreds upon hundreds of hours of FIFA every year (at one point on multiple platforms) and I've never received a beta invite. Maybe this is the year.

Seriously, when's the last time they added a meaningful addition that actually improved the mode? The new negotiations feature is melodramatic, limited, and essentially it's just reading the same lines of text over and over again. The player training is also shallow, dull, and repetitive. What else has there been?

They had the opportunity to add one of the few very cool gameplay additions from the last Journey into career mode, the new relationships system which would have been a great addition to career mode, that certain players play better (or worse) when other players are playing, could have given an interesting dynamic to choosing your lineups and stuff.

I've logged hundreds upon hundreds of hours of FIFA every year (at one point on multiple platforms) and I've never received a beta invite.

Same :(

If you want to get accepted to the BETA, I would suggest you change your date of birth to being 13-16, this will massively improve your chance of being selected.

And don't follow Chris' advice of loading up Career Mode for the next two weeks, log into Ultimate Team instead, and then go on Twitter and #EA Love the counter attacking fast paced goodness of FIFA - Long may it continue #Lovinit

Back
Top Bottom