• I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
IMG_20180611_162347.jpg

IMG_20180611_162343.jpg

Can't wait to not see it in action.

I would say this is a positive step for FIFA 19, as long as they stick with it. The idea of increasing the skill gap, and making it harder to master is very appealing. FUT chemistry aside, it sounds like it's the making of what we've always wanted.

Commentary is very boring. Who the hell is Derek Rae anyway? Why not Darren Fletcher? EA now have a knack for picking ultra-dull co-commentators. I know Robbie Savage isn't a popular person by a lot, but he at least has enthusiasm and plenty of character.

Would've been nice to see the engraving of the trophy like in PES, and of course the whole squad celebrating. Why is it that they only have starting 11 celebrating with a trophy? What about if you have a key player that gets injured during a semi final that's pretty much got you there with some last minute winners in previous rounds?

Overall it still looks like those stale Fifa trophy celebrations that haven't really changed since..ever.

Really never completed any Journey stories. So rigid and boring. Would much rather they put the same amount of focus into career mode.

Obviously the proof is in the implementation, but this is music to my ears: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/ne...produced-an-entirely-new-ball-game/ar-AAyw5o6

I'll never expect it to fully meet my expectations and hopes, but it's still great to hear this:
“But for FIFA 19 the intention is to be a more tactical game. Because of the new system the midfield is much more improved. It’s not as simple as pass, pass, pass, pass, shoot, goal. You need to think more about what you’re doing, you need to see more what your opponent is doing. It’s not just about two passes and then you’re in front of goal. That’s the approach for FIFA 19.”

Guys, is there going to be EA's (FIFa 19) presentation during E3 yet? I hope to see some gameplay footages like we already have got from KONAMI.

I'll never expect it to fully meet my expectations and hopes, but it's still great to hear this:

“But for FIFA 19 the intention is to be a more tactical game. Because of the new system the midfield is much more improved. It’s not as simple as pass, pass, pass, pass, shoot, goal. You need to think more about what you’re doing, you need to see more what your opponent is doing. It’s not just about two passes and then you’re in front of goal. That’s the approach for FIFA 19.”

Wow thanks, this is the most promising thing I've read about the game so far. If true, and if the AI doesn't abuse the driven pass to bypass the midfield like in 18, and they can have the game playing at a consistent, relatively slow speed, then I'm excited and that's one game I'm looking forward to.

No Battle Royal mode?

Would love to see a battle royal mode where you fight your way through 50 other players and score a goal. No teams, everyone's on their own.

what i've found about fouls. You don't get them when a player contacts you unless you hold L1 and turn so your body is in between the ball and defender. I get fouls with this method.

Obviously the proof is in the implementation, but this is music to my ears: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/ne...produced-an-entirely-new-ball-game/ar-AAyw5o6

That is the dream. That's what we all want to hear, I think.

Incredibly exciting to hear them talk like that - but then I'll never forget that 18 was advertised as having distinct play-styles for the AI, which in reality (on anything above Professional) make little difference to their approach play.

Incredibly exciting to hear them talk like that - but then I'll never forget that 18 was advertised as having distinct play-styles for the AI, which in reality (on anything above Professional) make little difference to their approach play.

The producer pretty much admits this: "The approach we had for many years was the sliders on the custom tactics but we knew that they didn't have a big impact on the game". At least stats seemed to matter, so maybe we got the feeling that some teams played differently and then this could be lost on the higher difficulties because of attribute boosts. I hope there's better AI and less of that too.

AAywcSF.img

“We’re actively looking at ways to make sure there’s more skill in the game,” confirmed Rivera. “That’s why we introduced the timed finishing, that’s why we re-wrote tactics, that’s why we introduced the flicks. You don’t need to do the flicks but if you want to do something fancy and cool because you’re streaming to millions of people then you definitely want to do that.

Last edited:
I really hope they have made the improvements stated, as FIFA has been feeling stale for a while. I also think EA need to up their game with player likenesses aswell, Diego Costa still has his 2014 look in FIFA 18.

The producer pretty much admits this: "The approach we had for many years was the sliders on the custom tactics but we knew that they didn't have a big impact on the game".

I'm glad that even the producer admitted this, yet when i was saying sliders are not the solution to gameplay issues, but tactics are i was told i was wrong. I'm hopeful that a full developed tactics system would improve the game. I don't care if they take those completely from Pes.

Back
Top Bottom