FIFA 19 Demo Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles faster? Really? Doesn't feel faster to me at all, definitely not miles faster.

Honestly I don't get the hate in this forum against the game speed. Are we all really that old in evo-web? I'm no spring chicken but it feels fine to me. You think this is fast? Try playing FUT with icon players - that's fast.

In terms of gamespeed, PES and FIFA are different sides of the same coin: PES has some animations that are too slow; FIFA has some that are too fast. But place PES, FIFA, and a real match side by side (I've done this) and you'll see that the real version is between the two. Yeah, some of FIFA's animations are too quick but overall default gamespeed is fine.
Give me a line of what you got and maybe I can keep up with this. I had the beta on slow no sliders and it was j-lo booty. Perfect!

Miles faster? Really? Doesn't feel faster to me at all, definitely not miles faster.

Honestly I don't get the hate in this forum against the game speed. Are we all really that old in evo-web? I'm no spring chicken but it feels fine to me. You think this is fast? Try playing FUT with icon players - that's fast.

In terms of gamespeed, PES and FIFA are different sides of the same coin: PES has some animations that are too slow; FIFA has some that are too fast. But place PES, FIFA, and a real match side by side (I've done this) and you'll see that the real version is between the two. Yeah, some of FIFA's animations are too quick but overall default gamespeed is fine.

No one is hating fella, just expressing opinions which may be different to Yours.
The expression " bagatelle fast" had already entered my head.But I did not put it in my impressions.
I have now.

Supposedly the version all the"game changers" were playing recently is a lot better than what we have here in the demo. I'm liking it so far, going to take a while to get the hang of what is possible though

I am getting second thoughts. After 5 games I was beginning to get bored. I feel the passing is OP. Shots are OP. The AI is hammering balls to the top right corner all the time?

Actually tried to go back to PES 2019. IF they ever fix AI i am pretty confident that they have produced the best game on field. I see more varied play. A lot more feeling on the ball. In FIFA I still can control and pass the ball incredible well with Manolas fx.

FIFAs package is not for discussion. Incredible.

More i play more the gameplay is boring. Low, low and low passing +ping pong. Atmoshere is superb but something in deep gameplay is wrong. Player models looks very similar. Animations looks good.

Having actually played a lot of fifa 18 lately I tend to agree. Difficulty is definitely better, and it might be the speed doing it, but there's something fundamentally wrong here. Passing is odd, I keep scoring the same goals over and over regardless of what tactic I play. We'll see. Maybe just slowing it down will help somewhat. Not holding my breath though.

Supposedly the version all the"game changers" were playing recently is a lot better than what we have here in the demo. I'm liking it so far, going to take a while to get the hang of what is possible though

Matt should be a Game Changer.
Chris should be a Game Changer.

Played a few games. Not sure what to think really. Because the pace is so fast and the match is too short, I can't seem to settle into a rhythm to get a good feel for the AI, passing, dribbling etc... Still, shots and headers seem a bit overpowered, maybe. Passing seems strange, almost underpowered. The ball is still too small. Love the atmosphere and the commentary though. Haven't figured out the new shooting system...

If anyone wants to know the game feels much better when played on slow.

SLOW GAMESPEED - LEGENDARY SKILL LEVEL - PASS SETTINGS ON SEMI

Thanks for posting this. Still looks a bit too fast, in my opinion, but oh well. Just by looking at those passes being pinged about its easy to say we're all going to go down one slippery slope of slider tweaking this year as well, haha.

Actually, having looked at your footage again, running and player movement looks fine. It's just the ball physics that are odd. Crosses are floaty, and shots, headers and passes really overpowered.

Last edited:
First impressions from a bunch of games: I like physical battles, some of the new animations and the way teams play seems nice. On the opposite, I'm not seeing fouls, I still despise player models and the general feel is a bit meh.

Another game, like Pes, that I find crazy to pick up on day one in any case (even if by different means). IF in the final version small teams will play like small teams and IF patches will not butch the game, then maybe it might be worth when it is on sale. But those are all big ifs. It would have took a way different game to be even remotely hyped.. I'll probably end up skip this too.

Played a few games like 90% of the game but they need to slow down those passes and shots if they do that il have a football game to play this year cos I can’t see the other game making an effort to improve its AI mess

I think EA are almost hitting the heights that Konami once did, feels like a true sandbox and totally different in feel from 18.

Loved Man City pressing my defenders and playing one and two touch passing, Athletico dropping into two rows as soon as I had possession, Kroos dropping into left back when Marcelo was caught high up the pitch.

Tapping the right stick while the ball is in the air to flick up has a lot of possibilities.

They’ve really worked on this it’s very impressive

after my first game me JUV cpu ATL. Fantastic presentation, and game play is better too. I see better animations and ball physics and night lighting is better on my tv than youtube vids. Crosses are better and knocking the ball forward looks better too. Commentary is a breath of fresh air.

also ball seems heavier than 18

Last edited:
I think EA are almost hitting the heights that Konami once did, feels like a true sandbox and totally different in feel from 18.

Loved Man City pressing my defenders and playing one and two touch passing, Athletico dropping into two rows as soon as I had possession, Kroos dropping into left back when Marcelo was caught high up the pitch.

Tapping the right stick while the ball is in the air to flick up has a lot of possibilities.

They’ve really worked on this it’s very impressive
agreed

This is a review from a long time PES player from ISS pro PS1 so im not a natural Fifa fanboy. Like many I have longed for the good old days of PES to be replicated on next generation consoles but have been badly disappointed .
Gave the FIFA 19 demo a go on my PS Pro and I've got to say it has better Ai ,Presentation. Camera Angles ,commentary in fact it beats PES in every department and if Konami don't get their act together fast Fifa will kill PES off completely.
Little to fast for my liking but that can be ironed out with the sliders and should make the finished game awesome. Not keen on EA as a company but hats off they have delivered and they will get my money instead of Konami this year.

No one is hating fella, just expressing opinions which may be different to Yours.
The expression " bagatelle fast" had already entered my head.But I did not put it in my impressions.
I have now.

Hating might not be the right word but when you consider that denouncing the gamespeed as too fast is just about always included in the first impressions of the majority in here (and some people do it with pretty strong hate-like words), it ain't far off.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just find it curious that evo-web is about the only place I visit in which nearly everyone things the game is too fast. Most places the consensus is it's fine while hell in the beta forums there were more people saying it was too slow than too fast. Personally I find that interesting and wonder if it's down to demographics.

Game changers should be about gameplay, not pack openings. That stuff is pathetic

Sadly that's what the gamechangers started out as. I was one of the originals when the program started, back when it was just a select few invited to discuss the game in dedicated private EA forums and we had direct access to the devs. At the time there were several us from evo-web that were OG gamechangers. It was great. Plus we got a free copy of the game :).

Unfortunately they started the program just as YouTube was taking off and we were quickly shut down so that they could transition to the content creators. It sucks 'cause we provided tons of deep and insightful advice and it sounds like that that's not really the case with the current program.

just tried the demo but immediately got that 18 robotic feel and switched off.

will try more tomorrow. one thing that always makes me favour pes over fifa is the teammate controls PES offers - this makes me feel that PES on the pitch is more in my control.

Here's my summary after about 7 games
-too fast
-too chaotic
-players seem to be floating on top of the pitch- very little weight
- not seen one foul

Hope pes sorts it's AI issues out because as bad as it is currently it's much better than this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom