FIFA 19 Demo Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
-i like phisical battles between players , looks very realistic sometimes
- AI like to use speed and dribbling , especially wingers - its great when you compare to pes 19
- AI teams play different , some like to use ground pass and some doing everything to to send long ball from wing to striker
- AI like to shoot from distance
- many new animations
- i am surprised but i like ,, normal speed '' pace
- i use only broadcast camera( tele looks like camera from football manager ) and game looks decent

Last edited:
This demo is miles faster than the beta I played. Why make it faster? Why not give us the option to put it on slow??

Perhaps EA listened to the complaints from the FUT lovers that the game was too slow? Truly hate everything about FUT, the guy who invented it should be hanged from his billion dollar mansion.

football simulation..

Do they actually advertize the game as a sim? Im not into EAs marketing so I dont know..

this term is really disrespectful to use bei either EA or Konami, if comparing to proper sims in other genres, always felt bad to see and use this term.

What kind of run fest is this? Why so fast, why? And after all you locked for us that option in game LOL.

Running and running animations are horrible. Like robotic. Dont feel players at all. Same as 18. Very bad.

The game is simply beautiful. So impressive to play in Bernabeu, you really feel the atmosphere.
I like the physicality, you have to use your body to defend the ball and attack a man carrying the ball. It doesn't suffer form the overpowered shielding or teleporting cpu tackle from 18. On the physicality side it really reminds me fifa 16.

For the speed of the game if find it varies a lot depending the team you are playing against. For example Juventus is playing some ridiculous tiki taka on steroids. Pace of game feels better against Man U. Controlling the ball with the like of Modric really feels special, I love the way players move with the ball at their feet.

But strangely passing or shooting on the user side (particularly passing) feels flat. It is particularly disappointing for manual players me like because the power gauge takes ages to fill up and in the absence of sliders it really feels like you are at a huge disadvantage against the cpu. I have switched to semi assisted and it now feels better but still I would love to be able to play it with manual controls. Any way to adjust slider through the locale ini?

Ah, and positioning felt good overall. I liked the way teammates are involved either defensively or offensively.

On the tactic side, I am surprise there is so few possibilities (compared to previous sliders) but at least if they make a difference, I am ok with that.

Last edited:
This demo is miles faster than the beta I played. Why make it faster? Why not give us the option to put it on slow??

Perhaps EA listened to the complaints from the FUT lovers that the game was too slow? Truly hate everything about FUT, the guy who invented it should be hanged from his billion dollar mansion.
Can you imagine how fast FUT is going to be this year. I just don't get why EA think football is played at 160kph every single second. Slow it down EA

De Gae still has the same hair as when he signed for United. Update this with all the money they have they’re getting really lazy. Even actual pro players are moaning about their likeness and stats. I can’t play this until release but I bet there will be some sort of update to slow this bitch down at least I hope there will.

What a bizarre game this is, it feels like two different games at times, one when you've got the ball patiently passing and slowly building up moves and another when the AI has it and warp speed is engaged... ping, ping, ping goes the ball 1st time at 1000mph.

Playing against Juve and they were rocketing it around so fast the damn camera was struggling to keep up and player select didn't have a hope either, you'd think that would be an indication to EA that it's FAR TOO FAST! But no, here we are. :LOL:

Not allowing us to change game speed in the demo is the kind of retarded decision Konami would be proud of, what is it with these football game developers!?!

Any fouls in the game? Played 4 foul count zero all round.

Passing way,way too fast, needs slowing right down.

AI does not seem to press very hard,loads of space to gain,found it easy to break through.

Its going to need the proverbial sliders and tweaks to make this anywhere near playable for me,and that in itself is as disappointing as the last 2 years editions in my opinion.

Ball affected by gravity and does not bounce well enough.

Other than that, the presentation,commentary, chants and attention to detail is superb.

I wanted this to really please me,only the interface really did that.

hxmQ9RP.png

Tactics are set up wrongly. But they work perfectly once modified. CPU v CPU.
Finally again after FIFA 17! A decent Manager CM can be made ...but you have to alter all tactics first! :D

Well i hate this. Admittedly I need sliders, but compared to Pes this feels inorganic. I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THAT EVER.

The players are way to thin and the players feel like they are lacking detail in the kits and the graphics in general. In fact the graphics were better in 18.

- i HATE the fact you can only play night matches. Fuck you EA
- I hate that theres no lower classed sides to play. Fuck you EA
- I hate that Champions League ball. Fuck you EA
- I hate the ball physics, they feel weird and not as free as 18. Fuck you EA
- Commentary? URGH.

I can't believe this demo is over 7GB. Why? The worst demo I've played from them in years and for the first time I'm seriously considering not buying, although if i can't tweak sliders and play day matches Ill never know.

I have a horrible feeling that in a few years both of these footy games will be online multiplayer only or FUT/Myclub based.

Well well well

Talk about not giving this a chance

It’s vital to find a camera setting and zoom you like and I have found mine.

How does anyone play on default camera? It limits the goal angles for me...

So I chopped and changed...

Boy....

How wrong was I?

Firstly, it’s too fast yes. But I can slow that down on full game.

It’s harder! CPU AI far more tactical. This game isn’t as predictable as PES 2019. Shooting is far more varied, I hit a shot with Pogba earlier and I thought I had scored but it was a wild effort and nearly hit the corner flag!

A tip for you if you hate sound of ball: put stadium ambience down to 5/10.

I like this it’s growing on me...I have just pre ordered.

I couldn’t go back to pes after this I must say ... far more depth in this short demo than PES 2019 full game.

Just played a few games and FUCK. ME. it's fast.
The game speed changer being disabled and no sliders certainly doesn't help sell the game, although I'm glad I know I can slow it down and reduce a lot of the speeds in the sliders upon full release. Besides that, I saw enough to make me excited for release.

It’s exactly same speed as BETA...

I did wonder why you all said beta was slow, it wasn’t and I complained at the time

Any fouls in the game? Played 4 foul count zero all round.

Passing way,way too fast, needs slowing right down.

AI does not seem to press very hard,loads of space to gain,found it easy to break through.

Its going to need the proverbial sliders and tweaks to make this anywhere near playable for me,and that in itself is as disappointing as the last 2 years editions in my opinion.

Ball affected by gravity and does not bounce well enough.

Other than that, the presentation,commentary, chants and attention to detail is superb.

I wanted this to really please me,only the interface really did that.
Loads of fouls for me, even for little knocks when I am trying to get away from a midfielder.

I love the physics in this demo...hated them in Fifa 18

Miles faster? Really? Doesn't feel faster to me at all, definitely not miles faster.

Honestly I don't get the hate in this forum against the game speed. Are we all really that old in evo-web? I'm no spring chicken but it feels fine to me. You think this is fast? Try playing FUT with icon players - that's fast.

In terms of gamespeed, PES and FIFA are different sides of the same coin: PES has some animations that are too slow; FIFA has some that are too fast. But place PES, FIFA, and a real match side by side (I've done this) and you'll see that the real version is between the two. Yeah, some of FIFA's animations are too quick but overall default gamespeed is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom