FIFA 19 Demo Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is awful. It does not represent real football the way PES can.

Good Points

Atmosphere
Responsive compared to PES
Shooting
Commentary (although talk too much)

Bad Points

Gameplay is not like real football
Volleys and first time shots still strange
Players all gather round the ball like school kids
Very Dull graphics
Gameplay graphics very poor overall
Player models look awful in gameplay cam
Default gameplay speed much faster than PES
Net physics more like steel cage
Pitch no detail like Fifa 14,15,16
Lukaku see below

20180913_172855.jpg

Very disappointing, PES 19 is a far better FOOTBALL game. I am sure the kids will still love this though as it's very easy to play and you don't need to think.

Daniel??

Got to admit, I'm not enjoying it so far, but for one reason only... It's so, so fast. Just ridiculous, especially the AI's first-time passing. Not quite PES ping-pongy but not a million miles off.

If the game speed option wasn't greyed out and you could slow the game down, I think I'd be enjoying it a lot more, but the speed of this game makes no sense to me.

It would appear that there's more variation in the games though, to a "this isn't placebo" degree - I played as Dortmund v Tottenham and they had 20 shots to my 2 (!), then played as Man City v Dortmund and it was me having the truckload of shots this time.

So the tactics really do seem to matter. But passing accuracy is still very similar no matter what, must say.

Will keep trying...

I think the full game on slow will be pretty good.

I saw 81% from Dortmund, Real Madrid have been around 90%.

Okay. Average here is 89%.

I have played against Real Madrid, Tottenham and Juventus. So maybe that is okay. It is positive if less good teams have a lower pass accuracy (like Dortmund and hopefully the less good teams in the full game)

Meant to say, I find being able to set your teammate AI level an interesting development too.

Whatever difficulty you choose, your teammate AI is set to Legendary by default - but you can change it to whatever you like. Wondering if there will be some realism gains in fiddling with this.

It's too bad they didn't include any lower quality teams 'cause in the beta I remember playing against shitty teams and they'd end the match with a pass acc in the 70s or 80s, which hadn't really happened much in past FIFAs.

Got to admit, I'm not enjoying it so far, but for one reason only... It's so, so fast. Just ridiculous, especially the AI's first-time passing. Not quite PES ping-pongy but not a million miles off.

If the game speed option wasn't greyed out and you could slow the game down, I think I'd be enjoying it a lot more, but the speed of this game makes no sense to me.

It would appear that there's more variation in the games though, to a "this isn't placebo" degree - I played as Dortmund v Tottenham and they had 20 shots to my 2 (!), then played as Man City v Dortmund and it was me having the truckload of shots this time.

So the tactics really do seem to matter. But passing accuracy is still very similar no matter what, must say.

Will keep trying...

I think it also relates to who you're playing against. Teams that press high seem to speed the game up loads and they cover ground reality quickly (unrealistically so on my opinion). Would be better on slow game speed for sure.

Edit. It has got quicker than the version I played at the o2 though. I remember having to check the game speed then cause it was so balanced and was surprised to see it was on normal.

Last edited:
HOW FAST THIS GAME IS?!?!?!?! Beautiful game presentation, fantastic stadium atmoshpere, all those things "behind the scene", but gameplay itself is even more ARCADISH than never before. NORMAL speed game seems to be like FAST on previous FIFA. Ping-pong game and I won't touch it till we are able to changed the game speed to SLOW again. Then I'll test it up properly.

Terryfing how people might same the game speed is ALRIGHT and this game is a football simulation..

Will keep trying...

Downloading demo now can't beleive they have greyed out pace box. How konami of them

Didn't want to comment before actually playing it, but comparing the Pes 2019 streams and Fifa 19 demo streams Fifa is noticeably faster.

Will test it later when it ends downloading. It's crazy though that this demo broken ps store for hours. So much hype around Fifa.

Atmosphere,stadia,banners,chants,comentary, presentation,menus are superb. Konamish mentality never make it in game. Pes is still in these stuff in PS2 era.

EDIT: Champions League looks superb too. Konamish CL was ridiculous. Waste of license for 9 years.

OK, first of all: I haven't read anything any of you said in this thread yet.
I'll probably go back and read all the posts in here so far after I send this message but after that... I won't keep reading because I don't really want to get contaminated with anything else beyond what I feel and what I experience with the game from this point forward.

I just played 4 games and so far I am loving it.
Massive improve in all areas. Graphically, the color palette, the new animations, the facial expressions, the Campions League lighting and atmosphere... everything is finally looking like all other Sport games from EA! FINALLY!

Gameplay wise... I enjoyed it very much!
Only annoyance I could think of is... there's something off with the passing. I don't know if it's the passing speed or the animation speed but something feel off. Specially on short distance passing. Hopefully this can be fixed with sliders.

I am so buying this.
EA DON'T FUCK IT UP!

It's too bad they didn't include any lower quality teams 'cause in the beta I remember playing against shitty teams and they'd end the match with a pass acc in the 70s or 80s, which hadn't really happened much in past FIFAs.
I liked your opinion about the beta very much. Please share your thoughts if something has been changed between beta and demo.

Will keep trying...

I do agree regarding speed, it's way too fast. Still enjoyable, but it takes away the realism aspect of it completely at this point.

The game is too fast.. and coming from playing pes 2019 demo, the animations look robotic af. It's really hard to top fifa 16 with this.
Me and my friend have just played 4 games of Fifa of Juventus v Man United and then 4 same teams on PES. Aminations in Fifa are behind now Konami catched up and are now infront. The games on PES are much more realistic and we were able to do really nice play. Fifa on the other hand is barely any different gameplay wise for the past 4 years and yes it's more responsive than PES and Konami need to work on that but PES plays a beautiful game and Fifa plays an arcade game.

Fifa is always too fast so this isn’t surprising

I found beta way too fast

Looking forward to seeing this on the Xbox One X....nearly downloaded

Poor in what sense? Animations?

LODs are always Ps2 ish on FiFA during gameplay camera. We always had to mod the game to make the player models in gameplay look good as cutscenes. In PES, the lods are good even during gameplay natively. It's funny cause current hardwares [including base xbox one] are more than capable of rendering full lod during gameplay at 60~70 FPS range. There is no rason to keep the lod that low but thy do it anyway.

Hopefully CG Explorer will get support for fifa 19, then we can fix the lods again.

LODs are always Ps2 ish on FiFA during gameplay camera. We always had to mod the game to make the player models in gameplay look good as cutscenes. In PES, the lods are good even during gameplay natively. It's funny cause current hardwares [including base xbox one] are more than capable of rendering full lod during gameplay at 60~70 FPS range. There is no rason to keep the lod that low but thy do it anyway.

Hopefully CG Explorer will get support for fifa 19, then we can fix the lods again.

LOD can be fixed in same way as year ago.

Played 2 matches. Game looks and feels far too fast and unrealistic still. Despite its amazing presentation...it’s same old really.

It might grow on me...but it’s ridiculous why/how EA think football flows like this

The animations are dreadful too.

Ea have definitely made it more difficult in legendary though! So well done on that I guess.

But...I don’t know. It just doesn’t feel like football to me.

It's amazing how everybody can have their own perception of things.
For me, even though the LOD is clearly NOT the best FROM THE GAMEPLAY CAMERA, I think this is the best looking FIFA ever. The color palette is a lot more intense, pitch is not as dull as last year and the year before that (probably not as vibrant as PES).

Like I said in my previous post, my only gripe is game pace and passing which to me feels off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom