FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

That is due to how dumb the defensive AI was though(they don't jockey or close down the player properly). The actual dribbling controls were responsive and fluid. Also I think you are mistaken FIFA 15 dribbling system to the FIFA 16 one.

I wish, man. Look at the OS thread for 16...it's all about bursting. There would be no other reason to have 52 Sprint and 48 acceleration if it wasn't the case. The fact that we don't have to deal with it as obviously in 18 is a positive. I'm not saying the dribbling is better in the sense of responsiveness, etc, I just mean it's no an easy exploit anymore vs the CPU.

No touch dribbling looks so weird. So unnatural!
I think it True, BUT it depends on how you use it, i normally use it to change pace and fake defenders whilst running at them (with good dribblers ala Messi, Dembele, Hazard) but yeah most youtube videos don't do it justice IMO

If i can record a video later today i will..

I wish, man. Look at the OS thread for 16...it's all about bursting. There would be no other reason to have 52 Sprint and 48 acceleration if it wasn't the case. The fact that we don't have to deal with it as obviously in 18 is a positive. I'm not saying the dribbling is better in the sense of responsiveness, etc, I just mean it's no an easy exploit anymore vs the CPU.

Yep, the burst was a bit silly in both FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 especially for the fact that even slower player can get that burst. In that case, FIFA 18 is balanced. Honestly, moving to a new PC and trying the game on PS4, the dribbling feels more responsive so I can't complain now.

Normally there's far too many transfers in the game, in my player career it's the second season and the club haven't signed a single player despite selling a couple :(

Normally there's far too many transfers in the game, in my player career it's the second season and the club haven't signed a single player despite selling a couple :(
Sounds like a typical FIFA dev response of late. "People say there's too much [AI possession / 0-0s / transfers]? Damn okay, we'll remove them from the game! Fixed!"

---

What really frustrates me this year is that I've been having 2v2 Seasons games online with friends (against plebs) and it's genuinely, honestly, an incredible game. I want to transfer that experience to the AI side of things.

I've said it before but I've seen the proof now, the reduction-of-first-time-pass-whores code introduced when Rutter was a producer (that meant with every first-time pass, your likelihood of doing it again was reduced), has gone now.

You see it online occasionally where a guy will first-time-pass from defence to attack and then back again waiting for your players to leave holes. Do that with normal passes and it's a strategy I can understand, but when it's constant, 100% perfect, nailed first-time passes, it's fucking stupid. No relation to the sport.

Stop that from happening (and stop the AI from doing it too) and it's a hell of a game. But they're not going to, both FIFA and PES are nailing their flags to the e-sports "fast furious and fun" mast, IMO. Really concerned for the future.

One thing needed in that mode,and it's the mode I've played the most is manager getting sacked.
Sometimes,even though you're just a player,I wouldn't mind being able to change tactics/off/Def levels myself,since my virtual manager is pretty thick.
At least have the choice or not

i play on legend difficulty and don't have any win. I think is too hard or i do something wrong?

Before Fifa, i play PES and PES is for me really better, but i like Fifa also.

So my question is, is possible to play World Cup or Uefa Euro Cup in Fifa for PS4?

loving the bundesliga presentation update and defending i got mastered. I enjoy defending more than going forward. I love absorbing pressure and getting a fast break. This game kicks ass!
Love the fact that EA has Bundesliga,Zweite, Bundesliga 3,hate the fact that they have 5 stadiums for it.
The licence/presentation falls on it's arse a bit.
To bad,since it would be fun having a career there

i play on legend difficulty and don't have any win. I think is too hard or i do something wrong?

Before Fifa, i play PES and PES is for me really better, but i like Fifa also.

So my question is, is possible to play World Cup or Uefa Euro Cup in Fifa for PS4?
Play on a lower difficulty to get the hang of it and then work your way up. PES will probably seem easier due to the spacing issues it has and how easy dribbling can be. On FIFA you can do a custom tournanment - choose advanced option then random teams from international teams. Effectively a world cup although i would expect a proper world cup DLC or new game next year

Sounds like a typical FIFA dev response of late. "People say there's too much [AI possession / 0-0s / transfers]? Damn okay, we'll remove them from the game! Fixed!"

Maybe it's just an odd occurrence of this player career, plenty of other teams are doing lots of buying, remember last year my CPU team for some reason were obsessed with buying right wingers and bought four new ones making a total of six, must have voted for Brexit.

One thing needed in that mode,and it's the mode I've played the most is manager getting sacked.
Sometimes,even though you're just a player,I wouldn't mind being able to change tactics/off/Def levels myself,since my virtual manager is pretty thick.
At least have the choice or not

Yes I've been thinking that a lot as well, maybe if you're the captain in your team you should be able to call offside and attack/defense levels, would be a nice boost to the mode. It's sad that the journey's two seasons have added some cool stuff that could very easily be implemented into player career, not least the teammate partnership stuff of this year's journey could have worked nicely.

Maybe it's just an odd occurrence of this player career, plenty of other teams are doing lots of buying, remember last year my CPU team for some reason were obsessed with buying right wingers and bought four new ones making a total of six, must have voted for Brexit.

Yes I've been thinking that a lot as well, maybe if you're the captain in your team you should be able to call offside and attack/defense levels, would be a nice boost to the mode. It's sad that the journey's two seasons have added some cool stuff that could very easily be implemented into player career, not least the teammate partnership stuff of this year's journey could have worked nicely.
They should add stuff from the journey into player career, customisation of player for instance.
And it's weird with the player transfers,in 15,or 16,can't remember,I was at Sunderland,they sold both their GK in January,and played a 60 ovr 19 year old,same thing happened when I moved on to Swansea,not both keepers,but their first one.
Think this mode has so much potential,and it's always been my choice of modes.
But needs some TLC,pretty much the same for ages.

I've restricted "myself" from becoming to sharp to fast,and never do the drills,which means development is a bit slower,and more realistic.
I'm on loan at your favourite club right now, Sheffield utd :)

I'm on loan at your favourite club right now, Sheffield utd :)

You're dead to me! ;)

My pro is 71 now so for the second season I'll stay at Wednesday and fight it out for my place, tend to get subbed out regularly which is annoying but I guess realistic if I'm not performing well, much harder in the Championship than the Scottish Premier league where I ended with 13 goals despite missing two months with a broken toe, ironically I have a bad toe in real life, that's real simulation for you folks!

You're dead to me! ;)

My pro is 71 now so for the second season I'll stay at Wednesday and fight it out for my place, tend to get subbed out regularly which is annoying but I guess realistic if I'm not performing well, much harder in the Championship than the Scottish Premier league where I ended with 13 goals despite missing two months with a broken toe, ironically I have a bad toe in real life, that's real simulation for you folks!
Ha ha,yeah if real life would strike in FIFA I guess I'll break my arm soon mate.
Im still playing FIFA 17,haven't got around to buying 18 yet,next week I guess.
It's tough in lower leagues,40 games in at Utd,on loan from villa,I've scored 18 and having 8 A,I took the +5 bump in stats starting my career.
Think I'm a 75 ovr right now,I had an 8 game dry spell,really tough
My run at the blades are almost up,thank God,they play 5-3-2,horrible setup mate

Worth considering the Russian version now, they've figured out how to get new languages working in the Origin version :)

I didn't take the bump but I used cheat engine to change my starter pro's stats to the real player I was replacing (18 year old George Hirst).

What’s the best way to suggest something to EA/FUT team so it gets added?

Playing squad battles which has 4 games a day during the week, but 4games every 8 hours at weekends. Issue is weekends are Sat/sun but here in the middle east it’s fri/sat so with work on Sunday it’s impossible to do, yet I really enjoy the mode and don’t want to miss out on ranking points.

Equally many people globally work saturdays/flexible hours and have days off during the week so we should have the option to set when the heavier schedule days are.

Worth considering the Russian version now, they've figured out how to get new languages working in the Origin version :)

I didn't take the bump but I used cheat engine to change my starter pro's stats to the real player I was replacing (18 year old George Hirst).
Are you on PC?
Next time (18) I'll skip the bump and have a season or two in L2.
Just imagine if they'd got the Conference as well
Wet dream

With a fully licensed Prenton Park.
Make it happen Chris!
The generic English stadium with four separated big stands is pretty much perfect for Tranmere, all that's missing is that one of the stands is a quarter of the size of the others because they ran out of room/money...

000C9D77-9BC4-1F93-8FD980BFB6FA0000.jpg

The generic English stadium with four separated big stands is pretty much perfect for Tranmere, all that's missing is that one of the stands is a quarter of the size of the others because they ran out of room/money...

000C9D77-9BC4-1F93-8FD980BFB6FA0000.jpg
Being a stadium sucker,I think that one looks awesome.
Yeah Ivy lane works,or even Crown lane (my fav gen stadium)
I was stupid not to assign stadiums before my career on 17,so I have pretty much played 30 games on Ivy Lane this season...
I miss the option to customise,like the older Pes series,stadium creator etc.
Would be fun,or making my newly promoted team have the right league badge.

I miss the option to customise,like the older Pes series,stadium creator etc.
That'd be a dream, in any game. Football Manager's stadiums are all generated by a sort of Lego kit, so they're all similar to the real stadiums (Tranmere's is bang on). The graphics are nothing like console games but I don't notice that, only the variety.

Would be fun,or making my newly promoted team have the right league badge.
I think that's blocked for a mixture of licensing reasons and fear (because if you could edit the game to have all the current season's data, maybe you won't buy the next game).

That'd be a dream, in any game. Football Manager's stadiums are all generated by a sort of Lego kit, so they're all similar to the real stadiums (Tranmere's is bang on). The graphics are nothing like console games but I don't notice that, only the variety.

I think that's blocked for a mixture of licensing reasons and fear (because if you could edit the game to have all the current season's data, maybe you won't buy the next game).
Kinda miss my FM days,my laptop is to shitty to run any of the newer ones,still have a FM 11 save on it,might go back and play it.
I do pretty much everything on tablet/phone, including work stuff,so firing up a noisy laptop feels a bit boring

The new patch has ruined career mode for me, The AI is broken again and no amount of sliders can make it play like the release version. Too passive and little individuality and team id. On Legendary they just get into your box then pass it to your defender, Rinse and repeat!

EA are scamming us again with these patches diluting the offline experience, So frustrating.

The new patch has ruined career mode for me, The AI is broken again and no amount of sliders can make it play like the release version. Too passive and little individuality and team id. On Legendary they just get into your box then pass it to your defender, Rinse and repeat!

EA are scamming us again with these patches diluting the offline experience, So frustrating.

After with all the patch shenanigans, I have learned to create a backup of my FIFA copy and put origin in offline mode since I play online on PS4 not on PC. Try to get the original game files from somewhere else(FIFA 18-Unlocked) and set the origin to offline mode. If you are on console, well there is nothing you can do about it sadly.

Wait, is there another new patch out now, or the one that came out last week? I haven't played for a few days, so will cut the internet connection if a new patch makes the game duller.

Back
Top Bottom