FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Passing will always be easy if you're not using manual passing, even if you put pass error at 100 for you it'll still be easy, you're basically playing the game with a helping hand.

True but I really want some sort of error when I do panic passes or backhell passes. I don't always want them to accurately find the player every time. Do you understand me? Think of PES 5 or even FIFA 08. If I panicked and hit the pass button on my first touch, it will be prone to error(especially if the player is crappy at passing) than If I waited and took my time to pass. However in this FIFA i get 100% passing with all the 1 touch passing and back heel passing which was prone to error before.

Edit: If anyone is like me(who uses left-stick/d-pad for dribbling) and have trouble dribbling, you can set the Sprint Speed for both User/CPU to 35.

Best way to nullify not being able to get by defenders is to reduce all players sprint speed to 35 and below and keep acceleration values at EA's rating.

All good to star players in the game have high acceleration with FBs close but not too close with the exception of a few like Bellerin.

Very very few CBs having high acceleration ratings it makes it harder for them to step in front of a quicker accelerating FW or MF.

Sprint speeds above 50 with acceleration at default allows all players to turn and react too quickly.

The problem is the ratings and the effect ratings have on the game, any attribute above 60 is GOD like in this game, especially agility and vision.

Last edited:
I am not sure the power up is a bug, I am kind of used to it now but it did take a while.

I mostly play online seasons or clubs on manual so don't want to change the default for that as I want it to be consistent. I might give it a bash anyway thanks.

That's fine, it's not just my game, man. We have multiple testers and feedback from multiple individuals. We pushed polls on the values, and received feedback on those polls.

It's not just driven passes. It's passes forward, to the attackers. The defenders wont' react in time, they stand flat footed, and let the forward receive the ball. I can definitely force myself to control all 4 defenders to step forward, but they should do that on their own, relative to the values and CTT values. It's common sense to step on a forward, and not allow them to turn. Passes forward should have some risk/reward. For the CPU, relative to the set, with a high pass speed, there is no balance.

FWIW, as I've said, I tested from a value of 55 pass speed, all the way down to 30.

Again, not going to spend anymore time talking about an isolated value because it's kind of pointless. Sliders are relative to one another, so we're doing an injustice here overall.

I completely agree with you about the issue with defenders allowing passes to forwards. At default, the CPU too often can successfully bypass the midfield. I hear ya, I understand what you're trying to accomplish, and to that specific goal, I get why you're using a lower pass speed. In isolation, I think that makes sense and I see the intended results.

But, as I've said, that low of a pass speed introduces other imbalances, which may or may not be exaggerated depending upon individual skill differences and the other settings we play with. Considering that I'm finding this year to be one of the easier years to play against the CPU, putting pass speed so low and giving the CPU such a disadvantage introduces imbalances that in my games are worse than the benefit gained.

You can do all you want with trying to focus sliders around realism, but if it upsets the balance of difficulty, that for me makes the medicine worse than the poison. We're different players, you and I, with different assistance settings, different defensive settings, and different skill levels and styles of play. Your sliders create a more balanced game for you; for me, with that CPU pass speed, it introduces imbalances, making defending a little too easy. Immersion and realism are hurt as well. But, to each's own.

And I don't get this argument that talking about an isolated value is pointless. Yes, sliders are a balancing act and they are all relative, to a degree, but we can most certainly make conclusions about individual sliders and their influences. Some things are going to happen no matter what, like CPU crossing always goes to shit when you use too high a pass error. There's tons of examples like this.

Plus, what I'm saying about CPU pass speed is no different from what you've said about lower user pass speed. You had it at I believe 35/35 for both in a previous set but increased user speed because you thought the ball dragged too much. You made a decision on a value in isolation, just as I've done, but yet you devalue my impression. That seems a little hypocritical.

But whatever, what probably is pointless is bothering so much with these settings when, with all the unrest over the last patch, you just know another patch is imminent.

I'm using a modified version of Matt's sliders

Changes are
Acceleration and sprint to 51 for user against AI 50 ..still battles but you can pull away with the right players and I saw an increase in fouls on first test

Pass speed 40 / 36

Shot speed 53/53

Pass error 55/53

First touch error 55/53

Run freq 51/51

Powerbar 60 - thanks to whoever suggested this ..im now back on full manual

Also injuries 70 and severity 5

The rest the same as Matt's

Hi all. We updated our OS sliders to Version 3. Hope you guys try it out and enjoy!

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 3
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 10/14/17

Sprint Speed - 51/50 - The idea of a slight increase for the user is so the user is not constantly barged off the ball by the CPU. Also allows the user players to react better to loose balls, etc. Increases good chance of physicality as well.

Acceleration - 50/50 - Has been no reason to change this value as it is continuing to be solid.

Shot Error - 52/52 - Good mix of efforts from distance, shots on target, and wayward shots. Adjust as necessary, and minutes chosen.

Pass Error - 55/55 - Solid balance here of bad passes, good passes, driven passes and varied crossing. Best part is that the pass values do not affect variety.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - Happy with this value as lower will look too floaty, and higher will be a bit of a rocket. Shot error has a role to play as well.

Pass Speed - 45/30 - One of the elements to get the game playing on an even level playing field. The user's defense is just too passive by default, unlike the CPU defense which is ultra aware and react well. Lowering the CPU's pass speed allows the user's defenders to react to the ball much better, and with the adjustment to the length below it lets everything come together nicely. Remember, the driven pass is still used by the CPU, so if the value is at 30, a driven pass can look like a true 50.

Injury Frequency - 50/50 - Still being looked at, no set value just yet.

Injury Severity - 50/50 - Same as above, still being looked and no set value yet.

GK Ability - 42/42 - No real complaints here. It has room to go lower, but too low and the GK will duck below shots when he should be staying upright.

Marking - 50/50 - Happy to be able to move this up for the user from the previous 40 value. With the adjustments to the lines, the even marking now lets the CTT's to take place and bring in a bit more individuality from a defensive point of view. The CPU's auto-passing is lessened, so the user's defense has a fighting chance in the defensive third instead of being dominated constantly.

Run Frequency - 50/50 - Does what it should, and is still a bit strange to have it this high. Lowering will sometimes cause more tiki-taka rather than a more controlled approach, so higher pass % that way. As Orion always says, keeping it closer to default does allow the CTT's to stick out a bit more, so we'll go with that unless things go awry.

Height - 52/50 - Gives the user just a slight bump in their defensive presence. The CPU plays like they're on a 60 height because of how well they react to the ball, so again we need to balance things here.

Length - 50/50 - Love this change. Oddly enough it's a basic one, but we've been all over the map, and the concept is simple. Lowering the value under 50 seems to promote more passive play by the User's teammate AI. The thinking here is that the defensive line places a priority for the midfielders to go mark the forwards. So once the forwards get past the midfield, like they do on lower lengths, the midfielders are dropping into the position of the defenders, so the as a result - the defenders don't have a big emphasis to do anything. With the length increase, we now see an increase in attention and reaction. In addition, the increased length lets the players to "meet" and thus create more physicality. More players in the passing lanes is always a catalyst for more variety as well.

Width - 48/48 - Have kept this value for a bit. Don't want to go too wide because then it takes players out of those passing lanes, and the CPU will just pass the ball forward as quick as possible.

FB Positioning - 50/50 - One of those values that is a bit temperamental, and can affect the value of run frequency. Would be a bit of a balancing act, and the CTT's seem to control the way teams attack anyways, so no need to look into this area too far.

FT Control - 55/55 - Good balance of bad touches, touches under pressure and with the user's Sprint at 51, it allows the user to have a fighting chance in 50/50 challenges. Can see some great tussles and physicality as a result.

Oh, yes! These are fantastic. Thanks a lot! I need to do more testing, but played three matches on legendary (semi assisted passing) with Spurs against Swansea (3-1), Liverpool (0-1) and Southampton (1-0) and loved every second of it. Almost jumped out of my chair when Sissoko missed a sitter in injury time to equalize against Pool (would've been a stunning team goal in a super nervy match) - something I haven't done for years playing a football game. It feels balanced, speed is just right, animations are good looking, pressing from opponents are just about right, build up play essential, team ID was clear to see in the matches I played.

On the topic of isolating a slider - I tried to up the CPU's "marking" to just 51, and the speed the game played at was just ridiculous! It was instantly faster. So nail on the head there. I will play with these sliders for a while now, the matches I played felt really well balanced. It was like watching real life football - very immersive. I haven't had this level of immersion on legendary yet (had it on professional with another slider set, but ultimately far too easy to defend on that). Very excited about this set.

If the rest of the matches I play with these sliders play as well as these first three, you guys have a winner. Best three matches I've played on FIFA 18, hands down. Great work!

Last edited:
If anyone here is Professional difficulty all manual. Are u using a slider set and if so what are the values. Any help will be appreciated.

Why is strength so broken this year? Pogba/Bakayoko/Kante is getting outstrength by a 50 strength small player regularly and barges him off.

Finally realised why I've been having a love/hate relationship with this. I have 2 saves going on; one as Arsenal in the EPL league and another as England in an international league. My Arsenal save is set to Professional difficulty whereas my other one is World Class. D'oh!

Edit: My main issue right now is the lack of fouls being called by the ref. There were clear fouls as you can see on the video but the ref didn't call it.

I'm having this issue too. I've been playing seasons online and I've been brought down countless times with no foul given.

Btw Chris I tried setting online search for semi and couldn't get a game either.

If anyone here is Professional difficulty all manual. Are u using a slider set and if so what are the values. Any help will be appreciated.
I tryed various sliders but none of them works well on proffesional diffuculty. For some strange reason on proffesional difficulty ai have high passing % and game speed is faster. try playing on world class, it`s more banaced and slower ;)

Had a break for a while and went back to this last night - some good games, some bad.

The games I had where the AI finished with a pass accuracy of ~70% (first few days of having the game) seem to have gone, and I don't know why. Gameplay patches, maybe? I don't know.

Legendary seems to result in a lower CPU pass accuracy (~85%), but that's purely because they seem to play more direct. World Class seems to lead to a lot of ping-ponging (~92%), but I think I have more time to position defenders.

Once again it feels like your opponent is shaped more by the difficulty level than their tactics - and this is amplified by that "pass forward, never backwards" AI change they've implemented because "users complained that the AI was boring".

I still can't shake the feeling that it's an overall step backwards from 17, which I loved with sliders. But then it feels better on the ball now, so it's hard to go back.

It's so odd how we're all having different experiences, Professional + all manual with my weird sliders and the player career I'm doing is without doubt the best experience I've had on a Fifa in many years, if not ever. Bit concerned what'll happen next season if we go up and face EPL teams, that might change things...

I probably win most matches with the odd draw and very few defeats, but I feel like I need to earn the wins and I certainly haven't felt cheated when losing, even if it's a late goal I see it as my fault for missing earlier chances not a "typical cheating Fifa 90th minute goal" nonsense you get other people saying.

It's so odd how we're all having different experiences, Professional + all manual with my weird sliders and the player career I'm doing is without doubt the best experience I've had on a Fifa in many years, if not ever. Bit concerned what'll happen next season if we go up and face EPL teams, that might change things...
You know what I'm going to say... Sliders please!

I tryed various sliders but none of them works well on proffesional diffuculty. For some strange reason on proffesional difficulty ai have high passing % and game speed is faster. try playing on world class, it`s more banaced and slower ;)

Professional is actually the best difficulty when it comes to realism. However, the attacking AI isn't that great.

Is professional more difficult in this years FIFA?

Played it in 16, but not 17, as I always easily walked to 5/6-0 wins every game without remotely having to try.

Last edited:
You know what I'm going to say... Sliders please!

On it, they shouldn't be as competitive as they are though, it's weird.

Professional is actually the best difficulty when it comes to realism. However, the attacking AI isn't that great.

They seem to have no problem attacking me!

Is professional more difficult in this years FIFA?

I'm wondering the same, is manual more manual this year? My passing accuracy is really poor this year which is certainly helping to keep professional competitive which I'm happy about obviously as the upper difficulties are simply not enjoyable. I don't know if Professional is harder, if manual is more manual or at 45 it's simply age catching up with my agility!

Anyways all I know is right now it's great. Played two matches this morning and they were both really tough, Boro at home ended 0-0, Reading away ended 1-1 but they scored early and had loads more chances than me and should have won, this beauty from Bannan rescued a point:

Especially happy with the hold-up play and assist from my player career pro George Hirst :) Had to take extra steps so remove the automated replay music, really sucks that 1. it can't be disabled completely and 2. EA are having videos containing their music blocked on Youtube, utter pisstake!

Professional this year is a bit prone to exploits, in my opinion. Especially just sprinting. CPU defense often will just move out of the way, regardless of slider settings.

My sliders:

Professional, 10Min halves, Slow, all manual controls
----------------
Sprint:
50/50
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 1/50
Pass Error: 1/91
Shot Speed: 45/45
Pass Speed: 55/45
Injury Frequency: 75/75
Injury Severity: 30/30
GK Ability: 35/35
Marking: 60/35
Run Frequency: 50/50
Height: 50/50
Length: 45/45
Width: 48/48
FB Positioning: 85/85
Power Bar: 65
FT Control: 75/99

(Stole Matt's layout from the Fifa17 slider thread!)

On paper they shouldn't be competitive and the game should be too easy, no idea if it's 18's professional/manual more manual/me getting old/crappy Championship players or what but despite being 2nd in the league after around 40 games I'm having to work hard every single game and the CPU has a much higher passing accuracy than me.

If you increase your difficulty from Professional to Legendary, when you dribble you will feel as if something is pulling you back. Like your players are running with a rubber strap.

My sliders:

----------------
Sprint:
50/50

On paper they shouldn't be competitive and the game should be too easy, no idea if it's 18's professional/manual more manual/me getting old/crappy Championship players or what but despite being 2nd in the league after around 40 games I'm having to work hard every single game and the CPU has a much higher passing accuracy than me.
I'd say you're getting old mate:)
No,that's the beauty of slider setups,I'm using @Matt10 on 17,and they work very well,but,and I'm glad about that fact,in L1 or The championship they're tough as hell,and I'm on WC,semi passing though.
And I think, haven't played FIFA that long (14) but the OS community sliders always prove to work extremely well in lower leagues,maybe because of non overpowered players or no player I'd?

My sliders:

----------------
Sprint:
50/50

I am happy to go back to Professional, not because I have trouble winning in Legendary(I am still on 5 match winning streak) but the fact that I don't enjoy it on Legendary at all. If I were to be on assisted settings, what should I put my pass error to?

Put it at 100 and see how much error it really gives you, but TBH I don't think Professional and assisted will really work :(

Yep, I tend to win so many matches due to the ease of passing. However, I don't think I can use my d-pad to pass on manual.

Back
Top Bottom