FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

New Engine + Story Mode +Full LaLiga licence..This is gonna be amazing..I hope ı am gonna be invited for closed beta like last year..

Things I see from the trailer:
-recorded the best looking angles, to make it look different from FIFA16 but will litteraly be the same
-you play can a story with DrDre

Yeah I don't mind the story mode either more modes to keep you busy till next year, story mode will be good for me if its not heavily scripted the way you play.

Yeah I don't mind the story mode either more modes to keep you busy till next year, story mode will be good for me if its not heavily scripted the way you play.

Yep. Don't mind more game modes that are good change/fun.

Playing Fifa 16 now through free EA access :D

It seems like FIFA is trying to turn the Premier League into their 'NBA', not really paying attention to anyone but the casual football fan with this story mode.

inspired by the likes of Raheem Sterling and Andros Townsend

Wow that definitely has me convinced.

Guys. It's just ONE mode. And nothing was taken away in the process. C'mon.

I'm not casual and I like it!

Still no gameplay then. I am mildly interested in the journey thingy mabob only if we can each make our own story. So you could win trophies etc depending on your achievements rather than a hard set script.

Off the pitch looks incredible, on the pitch looks like same old shit different year since like Daymos said I'm still waiting to see the 'gameplay' in the gameplay trailer.

The proof will be in the demo anyway.

Among so many negative statemenets about it I gottay say that I find the trailer very interesting.
But is that really a full reveal?

I don´t mind the story mode.

And IF you have to play as "Hunter", well of course it would be nicer to create your own player, but I don´t think that it´s such a bad thing.

Because on so many other games you play as somebody, like Max Payne, GTA, Assasin´s Creed, etc etc.

Btw, I edited my post, because I haven´t read the last few pages nor seen that short gameplay trailer before posting.

I didn´t mind the player models in 16 (in 15 they looked awful 4 real), so if they have the same style...doesn´t bug me that much.
The net physcis don´t look very nice in that trailer...that´s true.

But I´d be patient for full gameplay vids until I make a final statement.

Still curious here...

Last edited:
now that looks good! stadium crowd looks real from distance
wonder what frame rates will be like on ps4.
i have Rory PGA tour, it looks great but blurry depth of field.
i wonder if this will have that blurry look too.
ME3050713323_2.jpg

Last edited:
Found the reveal a little underwhelming,tbh! Maybe because I was expecting more ingame footage. Still a little concerned that animations and overall gameplay may not reach expectations.

Last edited:
Loads of previews if you search Twitter for #fifa17 preview and #fifa17 hands on.

The majority of them seem to say the gameplay isn't hugely different, but I've seen "slower" mentioned a few times. Just a shame that there's no mention of tactical differences, so I'm really disappointed.

Here's one from a manual player:

http://www.gamewatcher.com/previews/fifa-17-preview/12586

Not interested in story mode at all.
Do like what i hear about low driven shots and headers that go to the ground. If we get some more control on this it would be great.

I'm still playing 16 despite some of it's faults. Matt's sliders have fixed it to the point where i enjoy playing it.

It has lots of room for improvement so i hope that a big part of the focus is also on that and not only on new modes.

Let's await further info.

Oh, still awaiting a gameplay trailer, not some fancy graphics trailer but actual gameplay.

"I don’t know about everyone reading this but I thought the move to the Frostbite engine was going to be a big deal… from what I could tell, everything seems basically the same"

http://www.gamewatcher.com/previews/fifa-17-preview/12586
Yep, posted that 4-5 posts above you...

But after that quote he seems to find no real fault, at least.

Also, as I said above, he's a manual player, so his opinion will be an informed one, IMO.

super surprised if that's true, i noticed a good difference when fifa 12 came out with ignite.
right when i played, it felt different.
Frostbite integration means that they have the "base" in place for the next 5-10 years (at the very least), and that was important (graphically) with the NEO and (maybe) the Scorpio around the corner.

But that base will now be worked on for those 5-10 years, and I worry that it won't show its true potential for a while.

Also - just had a realisation...

I bet the reason that Be A Pro is being replaced with "Story Mode" (which hasn't been confirmed but I'd bet your life is the case) is because...

A) You can't import your "photo game face" into the Frostbite engine because the facial rendering is so much more detailed, and you'd look like a PS2 game inserted into a PS4 game.

B) Rory McIlroy's PGA Tour game (which is Frostbite, remember) got slated in reviews for the utterly terrible "player creator", where your choice is (IIRC) four melted-plasticine faces for a selection of races. You can make no alterations - you can't change their hair or add facial hair, let ALONE anything else.

I reckon the FIFA team have decided that, based on that feedback, everyone is locked to just one realistic-looking player.

Back
Top Bottom