FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Don't understand the point of those things, just a waste of ten minutes that was, showed nothing at all.

Mourinho: "There are 20 of us" (managers), "and you've only included 4?"

You could see Peter thinking "shut the fuck up mate, we've given you your million for your 30 seconds of stage time, now everyone's going to be asking about that".

That was a really disappointing presentation, truly bollocks.

Not interested in a story mode where I have to do what my fictional agent tells me and miss the open goal because it's all a giant script, and after Aaron said "gameplay is what's important", they played a video - "gameplay trailer" (see above) - of barely any gameplay.

Total waste of half an hour. Looks like they're 100% focused on the kids, to me.

Will there be people playing the game at EA Play? I'm expecting the worst, now.

Last edited:
Official "gameplay" trailer ok :D
From the little i could make out from those close angles the game looks like 95% the same as Fifa16, graphics included. Maybe they'll change my mind after they show proper gameplay...

so..bournemouth plays like barcellona as asual? ...shit

this is complete rubbish in 2016 let alone 17. There are clear differences between lower and higher teams..In my italian career mode i know when im playing the likes of AC Milan compared to the lower teams and adjust accordingly

Happy for you to share a video though of bournemouth and barca though

Just watched Twitch EA conference...

Looks like Ignite in terms of animations/modelling, and physics.
Still waiting for a gameplay video but seems only lightning effects and visuals are "Frostbited" on the surface, the core engine looks the same.
Edit: same "lifeless" players expressions and moving, from what i've noticed, even if it doesn't makes a game it gives a feeling of authenticity and living world on the pitch

But even video i don't take credits. It's never the same that we've imagined or concluded when the demo's comes out and we really feels the game

Last edited:
so..bournemouth plays like barcellona as asual? ...shit

That's a bit of an exaggeration. There are differences both in teams and players, sure it could and should be more pronounced but not every team plays the same.

If they just made the custom tactics work like they did in last years demo that'll go a long way to fixing things.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. There are differences both in teams and players, sure it could and should be more pronounced but not every team plays the same.

If they just made the custom tactics work like they did in last years demo that'll go a long way to fixing things.

They play the same in the sense that pretty much any team is capable of extremely quick, high precision passing. I have to turn up CPU pass error to around 95.

They play the same in the sense that pretty much any team is capable of extremely quick, high precision passing. I have to turn up CPU pass error to around 95.

exactly..things change only with slider mods..like matt's slider

not 95 for me..but sure around 60

Just imagine someone gets sacked and EA never changes them.
Also pretty much confirms no manager movement (firstly, they appear to be licensed at their current clubs rather than separately, and secondly, you wouldn't put that much effort into the managers only for them to disappear - with one team having a manager on the sidelines and the other having nobody).

Bitterly disappointed with their focus. I need the guys at EA Play to post their gameplay opinions. Incredibly disappointed.

Trust EA to try and make football Hollywood. It's a fucking football game. Just concentrate on the football. You did a good job with 16, fix the faults and add more depth.

(I say that - it's too late now.)

It's like they learnt nothing from PES beating their Metacritic by a country mile, by, you know, concentrating on the gameplay...

Last edited:
Just listened to it - other than confirming that you can start the story mode with any Premier League club, and that you're picked based on your performances rather than any manager strategy - oh, and that there's an "ending" - it was a bit rubbish.

They did mention that players make more intelligent runs. Which is all well and good when the teams play like their real-life counterparts, and when tactics make enough of a difference that you can scout an opponent's most likely lineups and try to set up your team strategically - but until then...

They make it sound like it's for kids and FUT players (i.e. kids). They even say that the story mode is "aimed at people who don't know whether they like football", or words to that effect.

It's like making a good, tactical football game is the lowest bloody priority.

The only consolation, for me, is that Konami make the right promises and don't deliver, whereas EA are making it sound terrible, yet 16 was brilliant (IMO), with more depth being required.

Truly gutted at what they're saying, though. Just hope there's someone who isn't 12 who played it at EA Play tonight who has a solid gameplay verdict.

Last edited:
That trailer looked really bad except the lighting which looks like frostbite engine yes, but everything else no, still the same old engine animations i cant even compare it with Pes modeling, pes is way ahead

Apparently still no player and team individuality. Every team still play the same football tiki-taka. The game is more fast paced than FIFA 16 and more open. All passes are 100% accurate. Based on what I read so far.

Back
Top Bottom