FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

I remember when 12 came out and me really liking it. But then a few stealth patches later and combination of Legendary difficulty ruined it for me.

EA have a nasty habit of messing with a game after release. I still remember the sham that was Fight Night Champion. On release it was brilliant. The damage, swelling, cuts and blood was on point. One of the games selling points. Then a couple of months in. Suddenly damage was rare, cuts were rare and it didnt look the same game anymore.

Played the demo alot with friends.I have to say that fifa17 on slow speed full manual is the best footy game i have ever played...Period

I imagine that in full game with sliders the game will be better than demo!

Guys, yesterday I got the full game here in Sulaimaniya City, Iraq and I have paid $80 for this beautiful FIFA. I was the first one in my city lol. Thanks God that sliders are here. On the DVD cover there are 3 flags: Norway, Sweden and Denmark so it confirms that FIFA 17 was released September 23 in those countries and they shipped the game to Dubai, United Arab Emirates then to Baghdad, Iraq then to my City Sulaimaniya... Last year I got FIFA 16 ten days before US release.

Guys, I just inserted the DVD into my Xbox One and adjusted all settings then I went to KICK Off and chose Juventus against Napoli. My settings was: Professional, Normal Speed, 15 min, Air Balls, Low, Passing Semi, Through Ball Manual, Analog Sprint ON, Legacy Defending, Camera Height 20, Zoom 0... OMG, What an amazing FIFA game I've played :ROCK: Pjanic in the medfield was getting forward alot but using Krebstar's Custom Tactics for FIFA 15 I could successfully made Pjanic stay in the Medfield and not getting forward, Thanks God...

I just changed Passing and Shooting in Chance Creation for my team Juventus from 61 Default to 10 based on Krebstar's CT. I don't know what else to say :) I am really really happy to see Krebstar's CT for FIFA 15 is still working very good for FIFA 17 as well :)

I am a die hard FIFA player, I am Sim player and really hate Ultimate Team mode. I am sliders fan and I am adjusting my sliders and I want a realistic presentation of Football game on my TV... I just want to let you know guys that User tackling is very effective and helpful this year but also so realistic. CPU's 360 degree shielding is much much much better than the Demo. CPU players is reacting slow when they are shielding the and protecting the ball just like real life Football OMG. Penalty is heaven and CPU could easily made fouls. Now I just paused my game at 1st half and in the last 15 min I've played then both of me and CPU has one foul.Total is 2 fouls only in 15 min of the first half.

Fortunately, at Professional and till this minute CPUs possession is only 46%. I haven't adjusted sliders yet but this game is really really amazing and realistic at the same time. I wonder to know why people is still prefer PES 2017 this year when compared to FIFA 17 is nothing.

I will be back to finish my game and sure everyone could ask me any questions or explanation. Not to forget that this graphics on my Samsung TV 46 screen size is really really wonderful and its like a live real football match on my TV. OMG dribbling is much better this year and so realistic and not like a robotic movement of PES 2017. I have played both FIFA 17 and PES 2017 demos and that's why I can describe my feeling.

Last thing, players movement and position is so so realistic this year which I cannot describe how happy I am right now and I have never ever was happy like I am with any FIFA games in the past.

This year Professional is Heaven and much much better than last year and CPU is really playing, acting just like real life teams and this is something we called for along time ago. I can clearly say that Matt10 by adjusting sliders for CPU could bring this FIFA 17 to a level which PES 2017, 2018,2019 and 2020 would have never ever could dream of it

I am here if you are guys have any questions. Just let me know :BOP:

Last edited:
Guys, yesterday I got the full game here in Sulaimaniya City, Iraq and I have paid $80 for this beautiful FIFA. I was the first one in my city lol. Thanks God that sliders are here. On the DVD cover there are 3 flags: Norway, Sweden and Denmark so it confirms that FIFA 17 was released September 23 in those countries and they shipped the game to Dubai, United Arab Emirates then to Baghdad, Iraq then to my City Sulaimaniya... Last year I got FIFA 16 ten days before US release.

Guys, I just inserted the DVD into my Xbox One and adjusted all settings then I went to KICK Off and chose Juventus against Napoli. My settings was: Professional, Normal Speed, 15 min, Air Balls, Low, Passing Semi, Through Ball Manual, Analog Sprint ON, Legacy Defending, Camera Height 20, Zoom 0... OMG, What an amazing FIFA game I've played :ROCK: Pjanic in the medfield was getting forward alot but using Krebstar's Custom Tactics for FIFA 15 I could successfully made Pjanic stay in the Medfield and not getting forward, Thanks God...

I just changed Passing and Shooting in Chance Creation for my team Juventus from 61 Default to 10 based on Krebstar's CT. I don't know what else to say :) I am really really happy to see Krebstar's CT for FIFA 15 is still working very good for FIFA 17 as well :)

I am a die hard FIFA player, I am Sim player and really hate Ultimate Team mode. I am sliders fan and I am adjusting my sliders and I want a realistic presentation of Football game on my TV... I just want to let you know guys that User tackling is very effective and helpful this year but also so realistic. CPU's 360 degree shielding is much much much better than the Demo. CPU players is reacting slow when they are shielding the and protecting the ball just like real life Football OMG. Penalty is heaven and CPU could easily made fouls. Now I just paused my game at 1st half and in the last 15 min I've played then both of me and CPU has one foul.Total is 2 fouls only in 15 min of the first half.

Fortunately, at Professional and till this minute CPUs possession is only 46%. I haven't adjusted sliders yet but this game is really really amazing and realistic at the same time. I wonder to know why people is still prefer PES 2017 this year when compared to FIFA 17 is nothing.

I will be back to finish my game and sure everyone could ask me any questions or explanation. Not to forget that this graphics on my Samsung TV 46 screen size is really really wonderful and its like a live real football match on my TV. OMG dribbling is much better this year and so realistic and not like a robotic movement of PES 2017. I have played both FIFA 17 and PES 2017 demos and that's why I can describe my feeling.

Last thing, players movement and position is so so realistic this year which I cannot describe how happy I am right now and I have never ever was happy like I am with any FIFA games in the past.

This year Professional is Heaven and much much better than last year and CPU is really playing, acting just like real life teams and this is something we called for along time ago. I can clearly say that Matt10 by adjusting sliders for CPU could bring this FIFA 17 to a level which PES 2017, 2018,2019 and 2020 would have never ever could dream of it

I am here if you are guys have any questions. Just let me know :BOP:

Did they fix the input lag? And what are the differences between a big team and a small team? Does Bournemouth still keep possession and plays like Barcelona with 95% passing completion rate? Do you feel difference between a bad player and a good player when it comes to passing and tackling? Thanks. I will gladly buy this game based on the response and the answers of those question above.

Did they fix the input lag? And what are the differences between a big team and a small team? Does Bournemouth still keep possession and plays like Barcelona with 95% passing completion rate? Do you feel difference between a bad player and a good player when it comes to passing and tackling? Thanks. I will gladly buy this game based on the response and the answers of those question above.

As I posted the other day, I played the trial over the weekend, and one of the matches I played was Man City vs Bournemouth. I wanted to test how the CPU played compared to last year. World Class, manual, no slider adjustments except for raising the pass speed a tad. I shat all over them the first half. They barely had any possession, weren't stringing anything together, I was getting into advanced positions with relative ease. They hunkered down in the second half and were more difficult to breakdown. As a result, I ended up losing 2-1 due to an own goal, and committing too many players forward towards the end of the match. It was a welcome change.

For the most part I haven't been outclassed in terms of possession by any "lesser" teams. With that said, I want to play a couple dozen career mode matches and see if that holds true. We'll see. The PC version felt a lot smoother than the demo.

hows player ID guys? on the demo everyone feels the same for me.

It's really blown me away, I posted this in the contrast and obtusely belittle opposing opinions thread:

contrary to what some are saying I'm loving the player individuality and especially weak foot simulation, I'm messing up loads of passes/crosses/shots because I'm trying to do things with the wrong player, trying to do things when not set in the right position or off balance, trying to do things with the player's weak foot etc. etc. And this is just in FUT SP mostly with Sheffield Wednesday players, can't wait to get my teeth into career mode with slider tweaks etc.

I am sorry bro. I played just one match and based on that match I could answer you...
I played against Napoli at Professional, Normal Speed, 15 min. They played much more realistic than any other FIFA game in the past. It's for the first time I could see the CPU's midfield is aggressive like never before. They fight for getting the ball. They attacked me aggressively, pushing and pulling and tackling. Playing against them is really really fun this year but realistic simultaneously :APPLAUD:

CPU's passing is slow with build up play and much more realistic than any other FIFA games. I have not seen those realistic passing animation before. Now, I can safely say that for the first time ever the Passing system of FIFA 17 is outperformed Passing system of PES in all terms. Ball is entirely free and Ball physics is so so realistic and it flows and goes like true real life Football balls. :TTTH:

It's the first time in FIFA ever I could see CPU is trying to shoot like real life Football. They play according to possible space and correct position. also I have never ever seen CPU made that number of shot on my goal like this year. They had 6 shot just in the first half but all of them were realistic using build up play.

Honestly, during my 90 min I had a feeling that I am playing against real life Napoli team and not a Naploi of FIFA :LMAO: It is the first time in the history of FIFA that CPU have errors in their shots even the CPU Shot Error was at Default 50 :P

First Touch was amazing for both User and CPU. I have never ever seen those wonderful First Touch's animation in any previous FIFA yet.

This game is truly shines in any way you would imagine. FIFA 17 is the best, most realistic true representation of beautiful Football game. FIFA 17 it's fun fun fun game OMG what an amazing year for us like hardcore Football gamer

Sure I saw huge difference between a bad player and a good player. I have seen my Juventus players whenever I tried to tackle then my defenders were amazing and they won the balls 3/4 of times unlike my midfielders where they failed sometimes to win back the ball from CPU.

Guys, this game on Professional is heaven. We just need Matt10's effort in Sliders to make CPU a little stronger and nothing else :SAL:. is playing much more like human, they are aggressive to tackle, fight and win back balls at the same time they are making errors in their First Touch, Pass and Shots

I have played a ton of both FIFA 17 and PES 2017 Demos and then 1 match of Full version of FIFA 17, this is my true rating:

PES 2017 Demo - 7.3/10
I don't want to play a game of Robotic player movements, Lack of enough fouls, Zero fun with any shots, Sluggish player movement and turning, Lack of Player awareness, Outdated Animation, Ugly graphics, No midfield play, No physical fighting, pushing and pulling to win back ball, No Gameplay Sliders to make the game much more realistic, No errors in Shots and Passing no matter how you are trying

FIFA 17 Demo - 8.9/10

FIFA 17 Full version - 9.7/10
FIFA 17 have all of the above I just mentioned for PES. There is only one king of Football game and this year the king is FIFA 17

It's a real shame to see some gaming sites like IGN and Eurogamer which gave PES 2017 a higher rating and FIFA 17 a lower rating. They really don't know how to play Football at first then they don't know how to play FIFA as sim player and also they don't know what Gaming Sliders is... A real shame for them

Last edited:
Hmmm

Can you upload a video of the game play? Id really like to see if slow is slow cos on the demo slow is anything but slow.
Thanky you

I told you bro that we need Matt10 to get his hands on FIFA 17 then adjusting Gameplay Sliders. Please give me some time and today when I came back to home then I will make some sliders adjustment like User/CPU Sprint Speed and Acceleration then if needed then I will capture some videos using my LG G4 :DD

Why can't I header with the pass button on this demo? Have they taken this out? My player just stands there - only allows me to do the 'shoot' header.

Did anyone order the game through CDKEYS.com? If so, when can we expect the keys to arrive on email? How did it look in last years in case of FIFA 16? Any chance to get the key tomorrow, for example, and then use the VPN to get access to early South American game release on Origin?

I think this looks amazing considering LFC are a PES licensed team. EA have the LFC red perfect.

Hmm Liverpool's kit still looks a bit too bright for me but that's probably because it might be a rainy game? Kits looked different in previous FIFAs when it rained.

I can't wait to start a career mode on this. All of the Premier League stadia really does add to the immersion.

Can't decide whether to play as Middlesbrough or Southampton.

Wouldn't 7/10 8/10 and 9/10 been more rounded scores to give? :) where is the .3 coming from for example for PES 2017 Demo?

hahhaha Thank you bro for your reply. I just calculated every area of both games based on the following aspects and then gave these rating:

1. Gameplay (e.x Passing, Shooting, GK, Player Movement, Tackling, Midfield Battle, Attacking, Player Awareness, Penalty Kicks, Free Kicks, Player interactions, No. of fouls per half, Player interception, Player Aggression, Defender Ability/Awareness, Player Position etc.)
2. Animation
3. Graphics
4. Ball Sound
5. Player Transfer
6. Net
7. Career Mode

Last edited:
Hmm Liverpool's kit still looks a bit too bright for me but that's probably because it might be a rainy game? Kits looked different in previous FIFAs when it rained.

I wouldn't need sunglasses when playing as LFC on fifa!

Any idea what camera settings they were on that LFC vid?

Last edited:
So FIFA 17 has a day 1 patch and the game isnt even out yet.

*Adjusted frequency of injuries
*Updated some 2D player images
*Performance improvements in online game modes (how vague can you get lmao)
*Performance improvements in offline game modes
*Stability improvements in offline game modes
*Stability improvements in FIFA Ultimate Team

Apparently there is bad button delay on passing, shooting and skills.

Some people saying its the frostbite engine.

Full game not even officially released yet.

So FIFA 17 has a day 1 patch and the game isnt even out yet.

*Adjusted frequency of injuries
*Updated some 2D player images
*Performance improvements in online game modes (how vague can you get lmao)
*Performance improvements in offline game modes
*Stability improvements in offline game modes
*Stability improvements in FIFA Ultimate Team

Apparently there is bad button delay on passing, shooting and skills.

Some people saying its the frostbite engine.

Full game not even officially released yet.

Where did you find this? Is it official? Has button delay been fixed?

PES 2017 Demo - 7.3/10
I don't want to play a game of Robotic player movements, Lack of enough fouls, Zero fun with any shots, Sluggish player movement and turning, Lack of Player awareness, Outdated Animation, Ugly graphics, No midfield play, No physical fighting, pushing and pulling to win back ball, No Gameplay Sliders to make the game much more realistic, No errors in Shots and Passing no matter how you are trying

It's a real shame to see some gaming sites like IGN and Eurogamer which gave PES 2017 a higher rating and FIFA 17 a lower rating. They really don't know how to play Football at first then they don't know how to play FIFA as sim player and also they don't know what Gaming Sliders is... A real shame for them

Thats your opinon and you are entitled to it and whilst I agree with one or two things you say on PES 2017 there. Some of it is like we were playing and looking at a different game. I dont even know if you would be prepared to try the full version because by the looks its a non-starter for you. I think perhaps your minds made up before you even give it a proper chance?

Robotic is something you could aim at PES 2009 and be absoloutely justified in doing it. But 2017?

EA Sports is much bigger than Konami and for years it had (and still does) have more weight and muscle behind it when it comes to influence on mainstream reviewers. No way can Konami match that muscle over night, so there must really be some truth in it if the gameplay is being rated higher than FIFA for 2 years running? That generally just doesnt happen.

For what its worth I played both demo's also. I really didn't rate Pro Evo that much off the demo alone and whilst it is a bit "FC Barcelona club football" the demo initially didnt impress. Where as FIFA's demo did. FIFA was on pre-order and Pro Evo was on the back seat. But I didnt plant my flag on demos. I didnt dismiss one or the other. I took a chance, a gamble even, I went out and bought PES 2017, took the time to put an option file on the game and the full version has transformed the way I think about both games.

We'll see if FIFA 17 can do the same come Thursday.

Robotic is something you could aim at PES 2009 and be absoloutely justified in doing it. But 2017?
I wouldn't so much say Robotic as you say PES 2008 is definitely an example of Robotic. But Clunky and cumbersome and awkward feeling in places is how I would describe PES 2017. Its also a bit sluggish which isn't so noticeable if you play it on Top Player or below. If you play Master League and Super Star difficulty on the other hand it becomes VERY noticeable in my opinion.

I wouldn't so much say Robotic as you say PES 2008 is definitely an example of Robotic. But Clunky and cumbersome and awkward feeling in places is how I would describe PES 2017. Its also a bit sluggish which isn't so noticeable if you play it on Top Player or below. If you play Master League and Super Star difficulty on the other hand it becomes VERY noticeable in my opinion.

Nah PES 2008 was smooth (still robotic) compared to 2009. 2009 all the players could turn perfect 90 degree angles. An ability that was unlocked for players on previous games when they exceeded 85 dribbling. But on 2009 every single player did it. The game was so square and angular, honestly one of the worst football games put out to the public, ever. Just go back and watch some of the videos on PS3/360 of PES 2009. Absoloute garbage.

No wonder millions jumped ship to FIFA after playing that.

Back
Top Bottom