FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

The PL graphics will be in the game for sure. It's just weird EA didn't implement it for the DEMO as they did in last years. If EA still have the full Premier League license, added FA Cup TV scoreboards and other stuff, it's more than sure they cannot ruin the game by not adding these features into the game. The only question is when and how.

I have a feeling that we will get the EPL graphics in form of a patch.
I'd love to know why they're not included, seems really weird when the PL logo is there. I'm wondering if something's changed now that the PL are sponsorless and "fully own" all their content, including TV scoreboards etc...

Does the Bundesliga still have its own scoreboards etc.?

Not availble for me yet either - But I paid for EA Access for a month and still have 5 hours left.

This product is a Pre-Order, it will be available here on or slightly before the release date of 29th September 2016.

Is the lack of official scoreboards something to do with Barclays not being the official sponsor anymore?

Not sure how that makes sense? The new scoreboards are unbranded to any commercial entity so that should make it easier for EA to include them because they already have paid for the EPL license so the branding is tied to that (as it's used in numerous other places such as The Journey post match interviews.

Talking of The Journey, one thing, I'm thinking we should have a standalone The Journey thread for discussions solely on that mode? From my little playing so far it seems to warrant it. I'll start one and if the consensus is no it can be removed :)

Forgot to say, last night I fired up the demo and wanted to test what's being discussed on Matt10 website - that the "stay back when team attack" tactic don't work.

I picked Bayern and gave the above instruction to Alonso.

5 mins into the game I break with Robben, sling in a cross and who arrives with a bullet header to put us one up? Alonso. The player who should be staying back.

Hardcore fans of the game on Matts site are saying the game is a mess.

Forgot to say, last night I fired up the demo and wanted to test what's being discussed on Matt10 website - that the "stay back when team attack" tactic don't work.

I picked Bayern and gave the above instruction to Alonso.

5 mins into the game I break with Robben, sling in a cross and who arrives with a bullet header to put us one up? Alonso. The player who should be staying back.

Hardcore fans of the game on Matts site are saying the game is a mess.
That's how FIFA has been for a while. It doesn't make it a "mess", though. Don't get me wrong, it frustrates me no end, but how many people are going to notice this other than us, realistically?

Opposition tactics are a little better IMO - but it's a recurring theme in the FIFA threads that custom tactics and player instructions haven't worked since not long after they were introduced.

I just wonder if they're struggling with implementing more tactical variety without ruining online play (e.g. this formation / tactic versus that formation / tactic equals a silly scoreline), so they keep it rigid.

Last edited:
That's how FIFA has been for a while. It doesn't make it a "mess", though. How many people are going to notice this other than us, realistically?

Opposition tactics are a little better IMO - but it's a recurring theme in the FIFA threads that custom tactics and player instructions haven't worked since not long after they were introduced.

I just wonder if they're struggling with implementing more tactical variety without ruining online play (e.g. this formation / tactic versus that formation / tactic equals a silly scoreline), so they keep it rigid.

I was so anyoing seeing Alonso ahead of Lewandowski when ive told him to stay back!

I was so anyoing seeing Alonso ahead of Lewandowski when ive told him to stay back!
It is, and people have pointed this out for years - but not many people. If they try and fix that for us, they could potentially wreck online play by allowing people to create tactics that exploit the engine, and we're only being catered for to get our £50. Those online guys are worth double that... So I can't see them ever fixing this stuff, there's not enough call for it and we're in the minority.

It's one of those things that will (probably) never be in FIFA. Unless it gets caned in the reviews for it, and I doubt any reviewer actually plays with the tactical settings.

Pure guess work, but I imagine the lack of PL scoreboard etc is due to EA not knowing how the broadcast styles were going to be presented before the first round of games in mid August. Time restraints probably meant the guys responsible for developing the scoreboard and lineups etc. didnt have sufficient time to include them in the final release.

I wouldnt be suprised to see this eventually patched up.

It is, and people have pointed this out for years - but not many people. If they try and fix that for us, they could potentially wreck online play by allowing people to create tactics that exploit the engine, and we're only being catered for to get our £50. Those online guys are worth double that... So I can't see them ever fixing this stuff, there's not enough call for it and we're in the minority.

It's one of those things that will (probably) never be in FIFA. Unless it gets caned in the reviews for it, and I doubt any reviewer actually plays with the tactical settings.
Tactical settings are a big deal to me and mates of mine who play this game online. Its a bug bear to see someone coming from deep and getting ahead of your main striker as mentioned earlier. I constantly saw this in FIFA 16 where Behrami would often storm up the pitch (when on full attack) and would end up ahead of Deeney and Ighalo.

Anyone else having the game crash in the arena prior to matches when playing online? I experienced it in Seasons.

Happened four times so far and only had the game for about four hours. The screen freezes but the music continues, but then eventually the music abruptly stops too and you're left to wonder your existence for a bit before rebooting.

Please let me know if this is a widespread issue so I know it's not on my end.

Back
Top Bottom