FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Try this one:
  1. Open install.ini in your /Origin Games/FIFA 16/ folder and add the following lines to the end of it:

[LOCALE]
    USE_LANGUAGE_SELECT = 0
    AVAILABLE_LANG_1 = eng,us

2. Save the install.ini file and start the game.
It will skip language select

Try this one:

1. Open install.ini in your /Origin Games/FIFA 16/ folder and add the following lines to the end of it:

[LOCALE]
    USE_LANGUAGE_SELECT = 0
    AVAILABLE_LANG_1 = eng,us

Save the install.ini file and start the game.
It will skip language select
I really appreciate your help. I tried it, the game starts without a select of language, but in Polish. :BRICK: I hate EA

I'm in the middle of something so I can't test these but I found this link. The files aren't available anymore but the files ARE somewhere.

Anyone here has CG File Explorer for FIFA 16? Can you upload it for me?
3D Dev Blog by Shawminator has been taken down a long time ago so I can't get it from anywhere.

KE1qn7q.png

Fz7qn3j.png

Still have to find the magic Card Strictness number

@final lap: I actually increased CPU Pass Error (you can see it in the lower Pass Accuracy % above), but still, I don't see many wayward crosses, many aren't forced. I'm not implying you're lying or a visionary, simply that what we probably think as "too many wayward crosses" is different between you and me :ANX:

PS: Happy Easter :YES:

Happy Easter again :))

I now play 20 min halves (but it's just me, it's not obligatory)

The fact is that, I don't know what I did precisely, but so far matches have been real midfield battles, more mishit passes, etc, so I wasn't getting many goal chances (both for me and the CPU)

So, to get realistic numbers in the stats, I decided to increase the half length for me.

Either tonight (if I'm not dead from all the eating :LOL:) or tomorrow, I will test stamina and fatigue recovery too

Saludos :))

Fz7qn3j.png

Still have to find the magic Card Strictness number

@final lap: I actually increased CPU Pass Error (you can see it in the lower Pass Accuracy % above), but still, I don't see many wayward crosses, many aren't forced. I'm not implying you're lying or a visionary, simply that what we probably think as "too many wayward crosses" is different between you and me :ANX:

PS: Happy Easter :YES:

No worries my friend. It really is no big deal. Maybe because I'm playing on World Class? Anyways, Happy Easter to you as well!!

Happy Easter! I did some more games. Chelsea was fine indeed, they played with their good eleven. But personally stamina wise it's a bit problematic as I'm arrived at a point in which I have to play like every 3 days or so and I need to either put in a lot of no name guys or have my first squad half dead in the field :LOL: . It kinda has it own charm tho. I just did a game with Qarabag and I failed a penalty in the ending with Griezmann, which probably costed me CL qualification. The cool thing was to see the penalty indicator going super fast, as he was indeed all drained from stamina, so I took a not-so-perfect penalty and hit the post after the keeper save.

Looking forward to your next tweaks!

Noted :))

Yes, fatigue recovery probably needs some more tweaking, as you know I increased it a lot now, will see. Teams playing CL/EL do some turnover, but not much -- many in the starting 11 should still be a bit tired, but still, not so much that they really can't play. Maybe you have to have to sub them out in the 2nd half, but just that :THINK:

Fatigue depletion ingame, though... even if I wanted to make players tire even more, I couldn't -- I did everything I could, it may not be 100% realistic still, but at least it's better than vanilla stamina :))

Hi @Ciais. I finally installed your mod along with the infinity patch and I'm enjoying the gameplay so far. Definitely a different game from vanilla, thankyou for all your hard work on this.

Also, thankyou to @papinho81 for his help in DM's to get me setup.

I just started a career as Forest in EFL so often play Saturday/Tuesday and my only negative is about the stamina. All of my outfield players were around 50% on the Tuesday game so have to make a lot of changes to my starting lineup or the players are dying just after half time. If that can be tweaked a bit it would be excellent, even without it is still great.

Keep up the good work, I'm loving it so far

Glad you like it :))

Yes, fatigue recovery is still an issue. As you said, players are around 50% energy for the Tuesday game, where they realistically should be around 75% or more -- tired, but still able to play another game.

I increased it even more now in my testing installation, I have to test it and see if it's fixed

Cheers :))

Good evening, gents

I know, I know, I said I was testing stamina and fatigue recovery today (in fact, @rsl1 unwittingly gave me a great tip about it and I'm gonna use a Championship season for testing), but something else came up (my initiative, and FIFA 16-related too) so I didn't do anything about it -- yet

@Ciais it's a good one for stamina testing. Regular Saturday/Tuesday games over a 46 match league season plus 2 cups, so there's a lot of fixtures in a season.

wPFlwDo.png

Fouls are perfect now. Barely no handballs too, so it looks like that string works.
On the other hand, no matter what I try, cards are always all over the place. I wonder if I should remove that Card Strictness string entirely and let the game read it directly from the DB. Or maybe there are other strings I should try.

Another thing I did was remove the increase in the Penalty attribute, and actually decrease it. That controls the accuracy -- or the penalty indicator, so to speak. No matter what, penalties were always spot on. Now, since I actually reduced it, the CPU can fuck up more penalties, and since they can't place them as good as before, they will also blast it more (which was the reason you guys had me make that change.)
Hull got a penalty, and Abel Hernandez blasted it on the post!

Let's test the fatigue recovery now.

Hi @Ciais, yeah that looks pretty good to me. Way better than when I was playing over the weekend and it was around 50% or below. That would make it manageable as you could rotate some for the Tuesday game and sub some in the 2nd half then do the same with the others at the next weekend game.
As it was, you pretty much had to swap out the entire team for the Tuesday game which was a bit too much.

Look forward to testing the new stamina plus the new card strictness if you decide to remove it. I do find myself getting booked a lot for just light contact which results in some soft red cards.

Great work :))

Here, as usual replace these lines in dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEng\data\cmsettings.ini:

[FITNESS] // new energy recovery model - adam & simon
ENABLED = 1
PLAYER_MAXENERGY = 92
PLAYER_MIN_OVERALL_FOR_NEWS = 75
ENERGY_THRESHOLD_FOR_FATIGUED_EMAIL = 50
NUM_DAYS_FOR_LONG_TERM_INJURY = 14
CONSTANT = 10.0

// 0 - 33
BASE_DAY_1_1 = 20
BASE_DAY_1_2 = 160
BASE_DAY_1_3 = 280
BASE_DAY_1_4 = 360
BASE_DAY_1_5 = 200
BASE_DAY_1_6 = 180
BASE_DAY_1_7 = 160
BASE_DAY_1_8 = 160
BASE_DAY_1_9 = 160
BASE_DAY_1_10 = 160

// 33 - 66
BASE_DAY_2_1 = 60
BASE_DAY_2_2 = 200
BASE_DAY_2_3 = 280
BASE_DAY_2_4 = 240
BASE_DAY_2_5 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_6 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_7 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_8 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_9 = 160
BASE_DAY_2_10 = 160

// 66 - 100
BASE_DAY_3_1 = 100
BASE_DAY_3_2 = 200
BASE_DAY_3_3 = 200
BASE_DAY_3_4 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_5 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_6 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_7 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_8 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_9 = 160
BASE_DAY_3_10 = 160

//TOURNAMENT RECOVERY DATES - same for the length of tournament
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_1 = 60
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_2 = 200
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_3 = 280
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_4 = 240
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_5 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_6 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_7 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_8 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_9 = 160
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_10 = 160

I'm 99.999999999999% certain you can immediately see the effects without having to restart your tournament/career ;))

Will look at the card strictness next

Saludos :))

Amazing work. Discovered this last night and couldn't wait to try it out. Was testing out everything last night and today. Has drastically improved the game for me. Thanks so much and hope I can contribute to testing in future.

A few things though where I fear I may have made errors during installation?. I tried to search the thread but couldn't see anything else with same issue.

1. Formations are broken since switching to the gamelayzer edited database? So the default ones have glitched positions on certain ones and if you try and edit a position it gives the red glow and you can't move any positions? Is this just me?

2. All players are dramatically reduced stats and overalls. I assume this is correct and proves that the edits worked? Just wanted to be sure but I checked the stamina stat and no one is above 5 as mentioned in the guide so I assume that is all right?

3. Finally, I've tested a lot but I'm not seeing anywhere near the same levels of fouls committed as you guys are getting in game. More than I did before and good physical battles but not more than 5 fouls per game?

Hey AlexFaz89!

1. As far as I know, Gameplayzer's original author has modified the "player boundaries" in the formations so he could position players where the game can't let you normally (to increase realism), according to their formation, hence your red glow error apparently. I haven't seen it yet though, at least for the few times I decided to move some player's position in the field (I'm not a manager, I simply play, I wish there were auto-subs)

2. That's correct. The only way to better the gameplay is to reduce (often dramatically) players' attributes. Beware of player wages/values/training, I still haven't tweaked Career to compensate

3. What's your half length? In any case, I made some significant DB edits after the latest Gameplayzer's release, so that's why my foul number is higher

Ciao!

Back
Top Bottom