FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

anders,

that's weird. Are you sure you have gameplayzed the db file correctly and used the recommended slider and cl.ini settings?

Legendary is the way to go. Maybe you just suck so bad? :D The key is to learn to play the defense. The pass button is very useful in defending (when you don't have the ball). It forces the defenders to "shadow" CPU forwards.

I'm not a good player and it was the same for me at first. I started with easier difficulty levels but eventually they became too easy.

CPU shots DO NOT are perfect with Ciais' setting. Check out my previous game stats. Maybe 15 shots and you're lucky if 5-6 are on target.

lksaySM.jpg
I saw your game stats, comparing it with my begins to seem to me that something is wrong with my database or something else. P.S. What defending setting are you using? Legacy or Tactical?

Doesn't really matter. I use the default settings.

The way I gameplayze it:

I move the file fifa_ng_db.db file (which is dated about 2016 or so) to \gameplayzer folder. Then I pick up the matrix file and build the new database. I save it as fifa_ng_db.db1 to the gameplayzer folder.

When it's finished I just move it to \data\db folder and overwrite the original. I keep the original in another separate folder whenever I want to gameplayze it again with a new version.

Then cl.ini to the installation folder root.

Should work. There's no way you get perfect shooting if you have done this correctly, imho.

:(

Damn, it's been negative feedback after negative feedback these past 24 hours...

I'm seriously considering deleting every change I made -- no Gameplayzer edits, no sliders, no cl.ini, nothing -- and restart from scratch. Problem is, I'm not in the mood to do something like that... :BRICK:

Man you sure go NUCLEAR in front of negative feedbacks :BLINK::LOL:

To think I was here to say I had another two really great games. Leganes who played like, well, Leganes, and Barça who deleted me with tiki taka. I've never felt team individuality as of now. Only thing I'd maybe revisit a bit is stamina as I think it's a bit taxating even for CPU (Barça playing without Messi and Coutinho and with Suarez already super tired from the get go, for example), but maybe after a whole season I'll have a clearer context.

Honestly I think andersfss is doing something wrong. There is no way the CPU plays like this for me, as of now.

I'm warning you, tho.. if you start from scratch, I'll just keep on playing this one :LOL:

Part_8_%28Twin_Peaks%29.jpg

I'm a very negative person :II

Actually, I did increase fatigue recovery even more now in my installation (like, 3 times), players should be tired after just 3 days (missing 1/4 of the energy bar, maybe?), but not dead, heh.

@andersfss: I downloaded Infinity Patch and took a look at the DB. From what I could see, it seems like a normal DB. The only thing of notice, their teams' International Prestige scale is 1-10 instead of 0-20 *. Still, teams with IP lower than 10 either have no specific tactic, park the bus or long balls with the current Gameplayzer -- so nothing overly aggressive. Maybe you forgot to update the sliders? :THINK:

* This is annoying, will have to think of something when assigning tactics :DOH:

Part_8_%28Twin_Peaks%29.jpg

I'm a very negative person :II

Actually, I did increase fatigue recovery even more now in my installation (like, 3 times), players should be tired after just 3 days (missing 1/4 of the energy bar, maybe?), but not dead, heh.

@andersfss: I downloaded Infinity Patch and took a look at the DB. From what I could see, it seems like a normal DB. The only thing of notice, their teams' International Prestige scale is 1-10 instead of 0-20 *. Still, teams with IP lower than 10 either have no specific tactic, park the bus or long balls with the current Gameplayzer -- so nothing overly aggressive. Maybe you forgot to update the sliders? :THINK:

* This is annoying, will have to think of something when assigning tactics :DOH:
Thank you! And sorry if I upset you. I guess I make mistake somewhere, so I deleted the game completely (before that, I copied my WC98 patch files), and now I will download and install it all over again (clean game, FIFA Infinity Patch, gameplayzer, cl.ini etc). I hope everything will be fine this time.

@Ciais we'll see mate, nothing definite. It's just first impressions. Roma for example played with all their best players in CL, so it's totally possible Barça had injuries or something- they still had a very valid formation after all. Next game it's with Chelsea, curious to see who they'll put in.

@andersfss: You didn't upset me, just like @final lap didn't with his crosses report (I'm gonna look into that too, of course!) Simply put, I'm always worried I fucked something up big time somewhere :EMB:

@Madmac79: Actually, you mentioned CPU teams -- their fatigue is controlled by simsettings.ini for games they don't play against you, so there's the (strong) possibility that the energy lost in a simmed match is hugely different than one lost during an actual match. Still, I believe @El Pajaro was probably right in saying that players recovered way too few given the right amount of time (I did some research online, stumbled upon a few university articles :PP), so I still increased the recovery amount regardless.

@all: Forgive my childish outbursts :(

Yeah I think the fatigue was too extreme in a tournament with just a few games and with such high profile players. They were running in the final's second half like their feet were glued to the grass. :)

There's nothing I'd change from the gameplay besides that... and the card balance was better in the previous version. All the good things that you have done... remember the old saying... if it's not broken, don't fix it.

It plays amazingly well. I was supposed to play yesterday and today but didn't have time. Today I'll watch Caps-Canes NHL playoff game but tomorrow I'll play. :)

True, true -- but I don't want to fix it, merely improve it :))

Ah, good, you reminded me of Card Strictness -- will revert it now :TU:

PS: Found that handball string I told you about: PHYSICS_CAN_INVALIDATE_HAND_TOUCHES=1
It's in the EXE, so it should work

@Ciais I know what negative comments do to modders (been there, trust me). But, if I may, I haven't noticed negative comments for the sake of it. On the contrary, I've seen nothing but thanks and praises for what you've done up until this point. And from what I read, everybody who has tried your mod has either said this is the most realistic representation of football or that now it feels like a true simulator. The few critics that did surface have merely been made with the intention of taking this one step further and forward. So don't beat yourself up and keep working on this marvellous mod!

I know I wish someone was doing something exactly like this for 19 now! We're lucky to have you :D

:)) Trust me, I know what you're saying is true beyond doubt. I know any criticism is made with the only intent of helping me improve it.
But as I said earlier, I'm a negative person, so the only thing I "see" is the negative connotations, whether or not they're really there :ANX:

:)) Trust me, I know what you're saying is true beyond doubt. I know any criticism is made with the only intent of helping me improve it.
But as I said earlier, I'm a negative person, so the only thing I "see" is the negative connotations, whether or not they're really there :ANX:

Yeah me too. Sometimes the negative ones get more attention from me than the positive ones, even if it's like... 30-70.

Any of you managed to get the infinity patch installed? I can't seem to get any of the file generators working. i68 controller get an unhanded expectation error. File Master doesn't open and neither does FHL-BH-EDITOR.

Thanks man, I know :))

Ok, for this weekend I'm planning to do a testing tournament to test some new strings -- I found many, but if I test them all at once it's gonna be a mess :D

I also want to see if I can replicate @final lap and @andersfss' issues, if now the card balance is fair, and how fatigue recovery works now.

Can anyone suggest me a relative quick tournament where:
  • There's a good amount of strong, medium and weak teams
  • You can have matches 3-5 days from each other
I'm still using Moddingway for testing purposes, so any of their DBs should be fine (Clubs, Copa, WC, Euro...)

Thanks in advance :))

Mmm? No suggestions? Very well, then. Custom tournament it is :PIRATE:

I did some minor edits to DB and sliders too, but as I told you cl.ini was the most heavily changed. Here's how it looks for me now:

[] //ATTRIBUTES
CPUAI_USE_ATTRIBUTES=1
CPUAI_USE_TRAITS=1
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY=1
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY=0
CPUAI_PROCESS_ALL_DECISIONS=1
SPEED=0
LOCO_ENABLE_GRADUAL_DECEL=1
ALWAYS_FALL=1

[] //ATTACKING
MENTAL_VISION=45
FORCE_ANY=0.5
FORCE_FRONT=0.7
FORCE_BACK=0.1
MUST_RUN_FWD_INTENSITY=0
USE_RUNRUNRUN=1
SELFISH=100
PASS_ACCURACY=0
SHOT_ACCURACY=0.5
USE_TRAP_ERROR_SYSTEM=1
USE_KICK_ERROR_SYSTEM=1
USE_PRECISION_DRIBBLING=0
USE_PRECISION_STRAIGHT_DRIBBLING=0
USE_PRECISION_TRAPPING=0
USE_PRECISION_SHIELDING=0
FORCE_MORE_TRAPPERS=1
FORCE_OBJECTIVE_FORCEDLONGPASSUP=1
ENABLE_AUTO_STRAFE_IN_ANY_AREA=1
ENABLE_MANUAL_STRAFE_TRAP=1
ENABLE_SHIELDING_RUN=1
USE_RB_FOR_NO_TOUCH_SMALL_FEINT=1
[GAMEPLAY_CUSTOMIZATION]
DRIBBLE_ERROR_USER=70
DRIBBLE_ERROR_CPUAI=100
[Action]
BallTouchContextForTrap=100.0

[] //DEFENDING
CPUAI_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=8
MENTAL_POSITIONING=50
MENTAL_INTERCEPTIONS=75
FORCE_OUTSIDE=8.0
FORCE_INSIDE=8.0
EFFORT_GIVEUP_LEVEL=100
AI_NO_SLIDE_TACKLE=0
MAX_REASON_FOR_SLIDE_TACKLE=1
MAX_REASON_FOR_STAND_TACKLE=0
DIVES_INTO_TACKLES=100
SLIDING_TACKLE=100
STANDING_TACKLE=100
TACKLE=500.0
SLIDE_TACKLE=500.0
STAND_TACKLE=500.0
SLIDETACKLE=500
STANDTACKLE=500
ALLOW_TACKLE_FROM_BEHIND_WHEN_AGGRESSIVE=1
PULL=40000
PUSH=8000
USE_PRECISION_TACKLING=0
USE_PRECISION_JOSTLE=0
FORCE_FOUL_TEAM_SIDE_ENABLED=1
FOUL_TEAM_SIDE=1
CONTENTIOUS_FOUL_ENABLED=1

[] //REFEREE
RULES_FOUL=1
REFEREE_FOUL_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=2
REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=1
USE_PRECISION_REF=1
PHYSICS_CAN_INVALIDATE_HAND_TOUCHES=1

[] //CHEATING
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[Avoidance]
MovementPrediction=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

I decided to post it in case you want to try it too. Some values were removed (not used/redundant/etc), and many more were either added or changed. They should be all pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, ask away :))

Bye bye :))

Mmm? No suggestions? Very well, then. Custom tournament it is :PIRATE:

I did some minor edits to DB and sliders too, but as I told you cl.ini was the most heavily changed. Here's how it looks for me now:

[] //ATTRIBUTES
CPUAI_USE_ATTRIBUTES=1
CPUAI_USE_TRAITS=1
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY=1
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY=0
CPUAI_PROCESS_ALL_DECISIONS=1
SPEED=0
LOCO_ENABLE_GRADUAL_DECEL=1
ALWAYS_FALL=1

[] //ATTACKING
MENTAL_VISION=45
FORCE_ANY=0.5
FORCE_FRONT=0.7
FORCE_BACK=0.1
MUST_RUN_FWD_INTENSITY=0
USE_RUNRUNRUN=1
SELFISH=100
PASS_ACCURACY=0
SHOT_ACCURACY=0.5
USE_TRAP_ERROR_SYSTEM=1
USE_KICK_ERROR_SYSTEM=1
USE_PRECISION_DRIBBLING=0
USE_PRECISION_STRAIGHT_DRIBBLING=0
USE_PRECISION_TRAPPING=0
USE_PRECISION_SHIELDING=0
FORCE_MORE_TRAPPERS=1
FORCE_OBJECTIVE_FORCEDLONGPASSUP=1
ENABLE_AUTO_STRAFE_IN_ANY_AREA=1
ENABLE_MANUAL_STRAFE_TRAP=1
ENABLE_SHIELDING_RUN=1
USE_RB_FOR_NO_TOUCH_SMALL_FEINT=1
[GAMEPLAY_CUSTOMIZATION]
DRIBBLE_ERROR_USER=70
DRIBBLE_ERROR_CPUAI=100
[Action]
BallTouchContextForTrap=100.0

[] //DEFENDING
CPUAI_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=8
MENTAL_POSITIONING=50
MENTAL_INTERCEPTIONS=75
FORCE_OUTSIDE=8.0
FORCE_INSIDE=8.0
EFFORT_GIVEUP_LEVEL=100
AI_NO_SLIDE_TACKLE=0
MAX_REASON_FOR_SLIDE_TACKLE=1
MAX_REASON_FOR_STAND_TACKLE=0
DIVES_INTO_TACKLES=100
SLIDING_TACKLE=100
STANDING_TACKLE=100
TACKLE=500.0
SLIDE_TACKLE=500.0
STAND_TACKLE=500.0
SLIDETACKLE=500
STANDTACKLE=500
ALLOW_TACKLE_FROM_BEHIND_WHEN_AGGRESSIVE=1
PULL=40000
PUSH=8000
USE_PRECISION_TACKLING=0
USE_PRECISION_JOSTLE=0
FORCE_FOUL_TEAM_SIDE_ENABLED=1
FOUL_TEAM_SIDE=1
CONTENTIOUS_FOUL_ENABLED=1

[] //REFEREE
RULES_FOUL=1
REFEREE_FOUL_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=2
REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=1
USE_PRECISION_REF=1
PHYSICS_CAN_INVALIDATE_HAND_TOUCHES=1

[] //CHEATING
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[Avoidance]
MovementPrediction=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

I decided to post it in case you want to try it too. Some values were removed (not used/redundant/etc), and many more were either added or changed. They should be all pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, ask away :))

Bye bye :))
Cool, I reinstalled the game and now I will try to test with new cl.ini :)

Looks like I used latest exe instead 1.01, now everything is great! Sorry and thanks for the great gameplay @Ciais .
Does anyone know how to bypass regional restrictions and use English in the game? I mean the game menu. My game is in Polish language (I bought the key to the game and there was only Polish&Russian). on the EA support site they write that if the game was purchased through Origin in Poland "then you would only have the Polish language option". Is there any solution?

:CONFUSE: :CONFUSE: :CONFUSE:

For real? Does gameplay change that much from v1.01 to v1.07? I knew it was different, but I didn't believe it was so significant.

Glad you found the issue, shame you did have to reinstall everything though :))

Ok, about language: can you change it in the very beginning, the selector with the flags?

I'd love to have anything else than the English commentators. Those morons are getting old. They have zero emotion. :D

Italy or Spanish would be nice because I don't understand a word so it'd stay fresh. :D

I have the solution, but you're not gonna like it: you need to reinstall everything again.

In Origin, right click on the game and go to Settings, change the language to whatever commentary you want to download. The game will reinstall.

After that, right click on the game again and choose the language you intend to play in. The game will now install the necessary language files.

In game you should be able to select menu and commentary languages separately.

Doing so will of course overwrite your modded files, so that's why you need to reinstall the game from scratch to do it correctly.

:CONFUSE: :CONFUSE: :CONFUSE:

For real? Does gameplay change that much from v1.01 to v1.07? I knew it was different, but I didn't believe it was so significant.

Glad you found the issue, shame you did have to reinstall everything though :))

Ok, about language: can you change it in the very beginning, the selector with the flags?
Well, I think that most likely it was a exe. Because judging by the stats of the players with the database there were no problems, the sliders were also configured. After a complete reinstallation of the game, I did everything according to your instructions and the game has changed a lot for the better. Yes, at the start of the game I can choose two languages - Polish and Russian. I downloaded language packs, but after installing them I had the opportunity to change the language of commentators only, the menu text remained the same.

Here: https://mega.nz/#!P4ckXCYY!OJEna-oXaPOwAhcgmQ4-tI32dqiaSUx905tyV_GBhYM
  1. Extract in your FIFA 16 folder
  2. Go to Windows search and write regedit
  3. In regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> Wow6432Node --> EA Sports --> FIFA 16
  4. Double click on GDFBinary and change (according to your installation folder) C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 16__Installer\GDFBinary_pl_PL.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 16__Installer\GDFBinary_eng_US.dll
  5. Double click on Locale and change pl_PL to en_US
Let me know if it works :))

Hold on, WAIT!

The original tutorial has a mistake!

Point 4: Change GDFBinary to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 16__Installer\GDFBinary_en_US.dll, so NOT eng_US

Here: https://mega.nz/#!P4ckXCYY!OJEna-oXaPOwAhcgmQ4-tI32dqiaSUx905tyV_GBhYM

1. Extract in your FIFA 16 folder
    Go to Windows search and write regedit
    In regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> Wow6432Node --> EA Sports --> FIFA 16

Double click on GDFBinary and change (according to your installation folder) C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 16__Installer\GDFBinary_pl_PL.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 16__Installer\GDFBinary_eng_US.dll
    Double click on Locale and change pl_PL to en_US
Let me know if it works :))
Thank you mate. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I tried this method yesterday, now I tried again. I thought after reinstalling the game it will work. Still two languages in the game ... Polish and russian.

Back
Top Bottom