FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

@rsl1 If you are one of the lucky guy that have a legit copy the fifa16 DEMO, if you have the time and disk space, do you a favour, try the extended demo.

You can perfectly have two different game folders one with the demo and one with the vanilla game + @Ciais mod installed (I have been too lazy to it yet, but might eventually do it;) ).
The only conflict between the two install will be the game saves, profiles and squadfile that will be all saved in the same folder (User/Documents/Fifa16) and might overwrite each others. It would require to back up one version of this folder for every install and change the name when you want to play one version or the other (a bit annoying to have to think about it but not too much to do.)

As for the database, you can extract it from the vanilla game if you want with CG file explorer that you can download here:
https://www37.zippyshare.com/v/mTOyy6Ip/file.html

But as Ciais said it is probably easy to start with a modded one (moddingway or others).

As for the custom stadium, File Server is not required to play with them. Their installation just takes longer and a bit of knowing how to do it (I am happy to help anyone). Also while you can install more than 500 stadiums only the one that will use an original EA id will have proper night lights and atmosphere. No one has found a solution for that yet. With file server you will not experience this problem because the tool always recycle two EA ids to load the custom stadium files.
I would argue that the night sacrifice it is not a big deal, because day match atmosphere looks in my opinion better than night one (it can look a bit strange for CL games I admit).

@all Has anyone manage to run FIP16 patch with the v1.01 exe? I ask because at soccergaming, Scouser says that the patch has been designed with the last version of the game and might not work with earlier versions (may be just having a different exe is fine).

Woah sounds like I have plenty of options then. Thanks for the suggestions @papinho81

Is the demo extender easy to install/setup?

I am hoping to get some of the missing EFL stadiums (mainly The City Ground) and Serie A stadiums in so whichever way is easiest I guess. Would the non file server stadium method work with the Ciais 1.01 exe mod then?

Can't wait to get home now and have a go at installing some of these...

Woah sounds like I have plenty of options then. Thanks for the suggestions @papinho81

I am hoping to get some of the missing EFL stadiums (mainly The City Ground) and Serie A stadiums in so whichever way is easiest I guess. Would the non file server stadium method work with the Ciais 1.01 exe mod then?

Can't wait to get home now and have a go at installing some of these...

Yes!

@papinho81: As far as I know, any patch should work -- Moddingway was made arguably for the latest patch, but I believe the potential issue is data_patch.big, not the EXE itself, and since from v1.01 you have this new file, you should be good.
I also could be deadly wrong about it, though. I can only tell you that, so far, I have experienced no problems at all with multiple DBs.
I will also try making a v1.01 EXE compatible Fifa_Server_Map.dll -- but since I'm not gonna work on the source code, don't know if and when I'll try. I could also write to Shawminator myself and ask him if he could release the DLL source code if he's busy/not interested, and I'll take it from there, I'm not new to DLL creation luckily :THINK:

@Chuny: You're perfectly right. I apologize. Of course 19 is not all the stuff seen in the video, and of course 16 has its flaws (I can see that it was not meant to be played the way I want it to, because many new problems emerge whenever I make some extreme change to correct another problem)

@all: Talking about the gameplay: I wish I could give you another update apart from "I'm now at page 69 bla bla bla", but I was pretty busy today -- work-related, I'm gonna give you some details about it soon. Don't worry, I don't intend to cease development no matter what :))

PS: Sorry for the OT, but... if you win 8 championships in a row by walking through the opposition... how can you be prepared for an actual challenge when it presents itself? It's the same reason Australia had to move from OFC to AFC in my opinion. No surprise Italian football is dead. End OT :WHISTLE:

If you make Stadium server to work with your mod, i think we will build you a statue :) Take your time of course, work first :)

I hope Ajax will win it, not only that they play a wonderful football but also to mock all the big rich clubs and their shitty super league project :D

@papinho81: As far as I know, any patch should work -- Moddingway was made arguably for the latest patch, but I believe the potential issue is data_patch.big, not the EXE itself, and since from v1.01 you have this new file, you should be good.
I also could be deadly wrong about it, though. I can only tell you that, so far, I have experienced no problems at all with multiple DBs.
I will also try making a v1.01 EXE compatible Fifa_Server_Map.dll -- but since I'm not gonna work on the source code, don't know if and when I'll try. I could also write to Shawminator myself and ask him if he could release the DLL source code if he's busy/not interested, and I'll take it from there, I'm not new to DLL creation luckily :THINK:

@Chuny: You're perfectly right. I apologize. Of course 19 is not all the stuff seen in the video, and of course 16 has its flaws (I can see that it was not meant to be played the way I want it to, because many new problems emerge whenever I make some extreme change to correct another problem)

@all: Talking about the gameplay: I wish I could give you another update apart from "I'm now at page 69 bla bla bla", but I was pretty busy today -- work-related, I'm gonna give you some details about it soon. Don't worry, I don't intend to cease development no matter what :))

PS: Sorry for the OT, but... if you win 8 championships in a row by walking through the opposition... how can you be prepared for an actual challenge when it presents itself? It's the same reason Australia had to move from OFC to AFC in my opinion. No surprise Italian football is dead. End OT :WHISTLE:

Welll no need to apologise brother!
You're entintled to your opinion.

In my experience, if players were less skatey and if dribbling was actually possible and more like FIFA 16, FIFA 19 would be the undisputed best.

@Ciais I like your recounts of the everyeye thread. Please keep on bring them on :D!

By the way, I love MW patch but I'm a little tired of 17/18 rosters. Since it's possible to have multiple Fifa 16 folders, I'll try something else in the near future. Do you guys have experience with the Infinity Patch? Seems like the best one with current rosters. It also has my beloved JL.

@FredHor: I will try. I believe I will also ask @shawminator if he's willing to at least give me access to his DLL source code, that's all I need -- I only intend to do it to complement this gameplay patch, of course I will credit him, in the end all I'll need to do is changing the EXE addresses for team IDs, etc :))

@Chuny: Thanks mate. And I see your point about 19 :))

@Madmac79: Well, if you insist (:PP) -- there's a potentially interesting string: PASS_ACCURACY. They suggest to put it at 0.5 or 0, and as you suspected it should help with the unusually high passing % (not the number per se in the stats, but you know what I mean)

Speaking of cl.ini strings: as someone once said (was it Pap? :)))), less is more. If you open any cl.ini, you'll see it's full of strings.
Usually, I don't simply copy and paste lines of strings and hope for the best. The very first thing I do, when I find a probably relevant string, is look for it inside the EXE itself.
If it exists, then it works. After that, I look for it on various forums, trying to understand what it does and what values to input.
If I find nothing, and only if I find it potentially useful, then I put it in and test it.
Otherwise, I simply ignore it -- like strings pertaining aggression, I removed them all and don't plan on putting them back, they make players move noticeably twitchy and the pace is exponentially increased.

Cheers mates :))

I'm just amazed at what you have accomplished Ciais and I thank you wholeheartedly for your work. Love the physical play and fouls. If I was to find something negative, I guess sometimes the refs give unnecessary cards. Also there are too many wayward crosses from the CPU even under no pressure.

Besides this, the mod is fantastic.

Hey Guys! love all the work you guys have done over the years. I really don't want to be dumb or anything but I have tried reading the last 50 or so pages in this forum and am stuck.

The latest gameplayzer on mega no longer exists and i am wondering if it is still possible to download this awesome file.
Also how does one install this for moddingway?

sorry for the tedious question!

All right, so what was the card strictness before, 1.0? Now it's 1.5, so I guess that's what it was. Will need to browse through my old posts here and look at the edits in bold

And what about wayward crosses? Are they still too many as final lap says?

I didn't notice that in my two games with Italy. I'll start another Euro tournament later today and will report back.

Sure buddy, there's no rush

I didn't notice it either (they still make some bad crosses sometimes, but that's it, as it usually happens)

I don't think it's Crossing (since I only decrease it by 5% IIRC), but reduced Vision -- which has to be way down or players will become laser passers (and they still are, to an extent). The Pass Error slider for CPU is already too low to balance the bad crosses following your criticism weeks ago, and as a result CPU rarely misses a short pass now.

I may have found some strings for that, but don't know if and how it will affect the passing %.

Long story short, I doubt I'll ever make a version that satisfies everyone, huh :D

well, loving the gameplay so far. using this with moddingway db10.

here's the best part. playing in the J league, 0-0 lots of fouls and then a pk from a handball happened in the second half at 80mins. the handball came from the goalkeeper. no idea how that works but it happened xD. at least i won the game from it. just thought to let you know about that bug haha

well, loving the gameplay so far. using this with moddingway db10.

here's the best part. playing in the J league, 0-0 lots of fouls and then a pk from a handball happened in the second half at 80mins. the handball came from the goalkeeper. no idea how that works but it happened xD. at least i won the game from it. just thought to let you know about that bug haha

Are you sure it was a hand ball by the GK?

I had weird penalty happening and I noticed it happened when the keeper body would interact with the goal structure (ie the post). It happens quite rarely though. I think it happened to me less than 10 times in a year and a half.

Damn Pap, that makes it way even weirder. I would like to see the programmers' justification for that :D

Anyway, about handballs, there may be a string that apparently dictates the criteria of a handball call based on physics, arguably reducing them? Yeah, it's as strange as it sounds, but I don't know if it's still in FIFA 16's EXE yet (not at my PC right now)

Yeah i had this keeper handball penalty bug also but very rarely. Its bad coding from EA. It happens when the GK touches the ball behind the goal line over the bar like in this exemble. Seems like the game doesn't know how to handle this out of field event and interprets it as a field player handball in the box. EA in his glory :D

It happens each time in the same situation, cross or long ball getting out of the field but coming close to the bar, keeper touches it to be sure, just in case, as it happens sometimes irl but the game just flips out and gives penalty :D

Last edited:
:D Yeah

What I don't understand, is how some things are coded together -- like low build up speed affecting set pieces, high pass error slider affecting crosses, aggression actually controlling how clean tackles are, etc etc etc.

Eh, it's still a long way to go -- like I always say, you fix 1 thing here, you create 3 new problems along the way :))

Yeah i had this keeper handball penalty bug also but very rarely. Its bad coding from EA. It happens when the GK touches the ball behind the goal line over the bar like in this exemble. Seems like the game doesn't know how to handle this out of field event and interprets it as a field player handball in the box. EA in his glory :D

It happens each time in the same situation, cross or long ball getting out of the field but coming close to the bar, keeper touches it to be sure, just in case, as it happens sometimes irl but the game just flips out and gives penalty :D

If you look at this great replay on 0.25 speed, you will see that the goal keeper hand actually goes through the cross bar, then you have your penalty call.

But the first comment bellow the video probably makes more sense in terms of coding.

Yeah you are right Papinho, that makes sense. The game considers that the goalkeeper is out of the box and so handball on. My god, i wonder if EA ever tests his game before releasing it....:CONF:

Hey, @Ciais, I tried to play league mode for different teams, but every time I get the same thing. The computer always hits the target, almost every shot = goal and most matches a computer scores in the first ten minutes.Changed the legendary level to world class, but no sense. It is uninteresting and too difficult to play. Even weak teams become super clubs in the hands of a computer. P.S. For test I installed FIFA Infinity Patch 18/19 yesterday, maybe the whole thing is in the patch database? Of course, I may not be a very good player, but the computer almost doesn't give me chances and most of the matches are similar, as the EVERY computer team attacks like crazy. On average, the shots are always 5-15 not in my favor after first time.

:(

Damn, it's been negative feedback after negative feedback these past 24 hours...

I'm seriously considering deleting every change I made -- no Gameplayzer edits, no sliders, no cl.ini, nothing -- and restart from scratch. Problem is, I'm not in the mood to do something like that... :BRICK:

anders,

that's weird. Are you sure you have gameplayzed the db file correctly and used the recommended slider and cl.ini settings?

Legendary is the way to go. Maybe you just suck so bad? :D The key is to learn to play the defense. The pass button is very useful in defending (when you don't have the ball). It forces the defenders to "shadow" CPU forwards.

I'm not a good player and it was the same for me at first. I started with easier difficulty levels but eventually they became too easy.

CPU shots DO NOT are perfect with Ciais' setting. Check out my previous game stats. Maybe 15 shots and you're lucky if 5-6 are on target.

lksaySM.jpg

:(

Damn, it's been negative feedback after negative feedback these past 24 hours...

I'm seriously considering deleting every change I made -- no Gameplayzer edits, no sliders, no cl.ini, nothing -- and restart from scratch. Problem is, I'm not in the mood to do something like that... :BRICK:
No no no, you shouldn’t do anything of the kind, this is just my opinion and I will continue to test, so that everything can change. I'll try to lower the game level.

Back
Top Bottom