FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Timestamps of key or otherwise interesting occurrences (clickable):
  • 02:05 Yellow card for moving up the wall
  • 05:55 They try it again -- I wonder what affects it (simple curiosity)
  • 11:50 Ahah, now you can see why I want to contain the short set pieces as much as I can
  • 15:40 Great long pass, cross and save by the GK
  • 19:30 1st of only 4 punches by the GKs, and he only did it because the ball was aimed straight at him
  • 23:00 Nice cracker from outside the box
  • 23:45 2nd of only 4 punches by the GKs, same as the earlier one
  • 24:10 3rd of only 4 punches by the GKs, this one was aggressively looked for though
  • 24:20 ...but it leads straight to a nice counter-attacking goal, with the GK deciding too late to rush the FW
  • 25:40 Nice build-up to the goal, unlucky DF in the (missed) tackle
  • 26:40 Awesome goal from kick-off
  • 28:05 Very eye-candy build-up play, but the GK saves the eventual shot
  • 28:40 Blunder of a goal
  • 30:10 GK 1-on-1 rush
  • 31:00 Over-the-back foul (like in basketball)
  • 36:35 Penalty
  • 37:35 4th of only 4 punches by the GKs
  • 38:55 End-of-match stats
Ok, my apologies to England fans: I know my starting 11 is silly (CMs playing D, STs playing CDMs, etc), but I also wanted to see the Inflexible trait at work -- you know, the one that reduces some of the attributes if playing out of position.
I don't think the Overall changes visually, but I believe I could feel that something wasn't right -- many blunders. Yes, I know it could be my crappy playing, or placebo, but again maybe not? :WHISTLE:

I can again confirm that assigning the Selfish trait to everybody really helps a lot in slowing down the gameplay. I see players stopping in their tracks and ponder their next move, and individuality isn't negatively affected -- there are players who like to play the long ball or do the solo play. Really like it :TU:

It looks like reducing Aggression for GKs indeed reduces those silly off-the-line punches, so that's an edit which is gonna stay. I also see some 1-on-1 rush (the one by Butland wasn't done by me pressing Y), so all good so far :))

Shots from outside the box are still there, but we're not having 20+ of them anymore like we did with the trait assigned to virtually everyone.
Also, good amount of long balls, maybe Ghana has that tactic, either way I didn't see the usual one-dimensional attacking.

Only had 1 minor injury throughout the whole game, but it's still early to tell if the frequency/severity balance now is right (remember, I significantly reduced Stamina, and that influences injuries too.)
The reason many have these values very high is because apparently you get zero to none injuries between games -- don't know if it's true, if it is hopefully it can be patched with the career .ini files.

My next match in this (obviously :P) custom tournament is in 3 days only, so half my lineup is still gassed, as it should be. Will 100% have to rotate :SAL:

Sorry for the very long read :))

PS: @miguelfcp: Thank you for your very kind words. Yes, I'm the same Ciais of NHL 04 Rebuilt (huh, imagine if there were more of us :LOL:)
I also appreciate the work you guys are doing, for the same reason I :LOVE: love :LOVE: the Women's Patch over at Soccergaming: to quote you, "Messi scores, Barcelona wins. Dybala to Ronaldo, Juventus scores. Juventus wins. Yawn. It's cliché. Common. Ordinary. Boring." I always choose mid-to-weak teams when I do a serious tournament (and randomly too.)
I really appreciate your offer, and no, I'm not really that busy, so if you need me to write something up for your blog, I'm game :))
About the forum offer, I think I'll take up on that, although maybe not right now -- I think it's best for me to do that when I release the definitive version, as I said many times I'm not good at multitasking and go in a panic easily, hope you understand :BY:

@Ciais: Thanks man. NHL04 Rebuilt is a joy to behold...well, for the people reading this and don't know what I'm talking about, what these guys did to the game was so incredible, it even caught the attention of the media.

That's great then, will contact you with the details :)
I completely understand, like I told you, the door will always be open there, even if you prefer choosing another option.

Hey @Ciais . Why does the Gameplayzer change the starting lineups? I noticed it today, during a friendly match, both I and the CPU team had changes in the line-up and on the bench. First of all in the defence line. So it should be and is it possible to fix it?

Hey anders,
it looks like you may be right. I'm seeing different player IDs when comparing the default and Gameplayzed default_teamsheets tables side by side.

Apparently there was a fuck-up in the team code somewhere. Now I know why Messi was in the reserves in my DB.

Good catch, will try to fix it ASAP and post it here :TU:

Ok, finally managed to do it. Messi is again in the starting 11 for Argentina now in my DB, so it should be fixed.
It was a "bug" in the coding that didn't look like one (and it shouldn't even be a bug), and I'm sure fifaCCitiu never noticed himself either -- in fact, if @andersfss hadn't told me about it, I would have never guessed, so thanks again buddy :TU:

I'm definitely gonna upload this new version because it fixes this potential game-breaking bug -- but I'm afraid it's gonna be tomorrow: my budgie wants to sleep :ZZZ:

Cheers :))

Gameplay (testing) version 2019-04-09

Thanks to andersfss, AndreaPirlo21, Ariel, bangus, Chris Davies, El Pajaro, Exocyst, fideco, Fidel Gameplay, fifaCCitiu.com, final lap, FredHor, Krebstar, Madmac79, Matt10, miguelfcp, miketheslummy, Nisoley, papinho81, paulv2k4, pedrito79, regularcat, Supernova, Tinker and anybody I surely forgot :))

To fully enjoy it you need:

• cl.ini:
    • Create/replace the file in your FIFA 16 folder
      • If you have Moddingway Mod installed, after that simply reopen FIFA 16 MWM Selector.exe and close it
    • Edits since last version:
      • Slightly increased Card Strictness (for more red cards)

****************************************************************************************

• cmsettings.ini:
    • Edits since last version:
      • None

Last edited:
You guys worked on NHL04 Rebuilt?

Yes. I'm the guy behind the whole thing.

Vod, Ciais and many other modders made it what it is today, not me. I just organized it and launched the website. It was very popular until NHL switched to 31 team system. We haven't been able to "crack" this thing into the game yet... and it has quieted down because of that. But I'm sure it will be figured out eventually.

The vintage "v2" mod is unbelievable though... and very accurate.

0008.png

Man I managed to do a game with the last update! WOW! Really good. Very physical match, lots of challenges, 6 fouls and some other advantages (which are A LOT for 6 minutes an half), CPU defense very aware and good attacking despite the 0-0. I'll add the post game stats (I was Man City obviously):

fifa16manliv.jpg

VERY good feel overall. Hope I'll be able to play it again soon.

Yes indeed Neymar and Hulk were both out of the lineup. Something really strange going on with the lineups as the game puts out all the superstars. Super weird. Glad if you have managed to fix this though. :)

Great game... I won 2-1. Colombia in the final.

Well, it could indeed be caused by that, hopefully.

The problem anders pointed out was the default starting lineups -- the ones you see by default when you go to Team Sheets in the Main Menu or play a Friendly Match, so without AI changes due to injuries, suspensions etc.

Since (unless I'm mistaken) the CPU manager AI uses these default lineups as base and refers to them every time there's a change, then maybe I fixed it for Tournaments too.

If not, then it's simply a case of bad manager AI -- in any case, the standard lineups are 100% fixed though.

Hope it made sense :PP

Tried it now - I liked it so much! Playing for Argentina, I lost to Brazil with the score 1:3. Batistuta barely scored at the end of the match after Taffarel's error, before that, Ronaldo scored me twice and he also gave an assist to Bebeto. The game was so intense and ... different. I definitely like it more than the previous version. :D P.S. I keep making WC 98 patch. It is sad that due to my main job I have so little time for this. :((

Tried it now - I liked it so much! Playing for Argentina, I lost to Brazil with the score 1:3. Batistuta barely scored at the end of the match after Taffarel's error, before that, Ronaldo scored me twice and he also gave an assist to Bebeto. The game was so intense and ... different. I definitely like it more than the previous version. :D P.S. I keep making WC 98 patch. It is sad that due to my main job I have so little time for this. :((

Do you have cyberfaces for the players? Ads, stadiums? Can we see some screenshots? :)

What do you use as a base for the mod?

I can totally relate, fingers crossed I'm starting a new big job very soon, so my time modding will be even scarcer. I actually wanted to ask you about it just earlier :P

In the meantime, here's a 2:30 video I did for @miguelfcp's article -- which I'm writing tomorrow ;)
What do you think? Does it highlight the particular aspects of this mod? :))

Does anybody play moddingway patch with a different graphic patch they can recommend? Playing on broadcast cam I sometines can barely see the ball. Hoping I don't need glasses. The game just looks dull. Thanks

I can totally relate, fingers crossed I'm starting a new big job very soon, so my time modding will be even scarcer. I actually wanted to ask you about it just earlier :P

In the meantime, here's a 2:30 video I did for @miguelfcp's article -- which I'm writing tomorrow ;)
What do you think? Does it highlight the particular aspects of this mod? :))

Oh yes that's a great presentation video.

@miguelfcp, @El Pajaro: Thanks! Although, I think you're exaggerating, it's not really that great... :EMB:

@final lap: What do you mean? New balls/etc, a LOD fix or a PostFX mod like SweetFX?

I usually use this Ultra LOD fix: https://www.moddingway.com/file/190234.html (although not right now), but I don't know how taxing it is for low-mid PCs

For PostFX you can use Chuny's: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/gfx-mod-for-fifa-16-and-fifa-18-download.78862/

You can combine them no problem, they aim to do 2 entirely different things.

A LOD fix makes sure that players and such are always using the highest quality model no matter how far the camera is (so no more balding players, etc.)

PostFX means injecting AA, bloom, HDR, etc... on top of the rendered image.

Hope it was what you were looking for :))

I won the Copa America. 1-0, Mascherano's header from the corner kick at '115.

nWd1ay1.jpg

Another great match. Personally, I think the fatigue effect could be a bit extreme... that can be observed when you play longer tournament and you play 120 minutes. Not dramatically but maybe a little bit.

Another thing... Colombia goalie almost made an own goal again. Defender gave him a slow back pass and he almost f*cked it up to his own net again. Has something been reduced with the goalies (ball handling, etc)?

Other than that... gameplay is superb. Atmosphere is amazing. Ready to test the newest version again. I might try the European Cup database now.

Been eyenballing this thread (a bit sideways I'll admit) for a bit now. One of the things that made me leave Fifa 16 was the fact that goalkeepers ceased from leaving the goal even when they find themselves in 1 on 1 situations vs attackers (enjoyed their behaviour on previous Fifas a lot more as this particular situations felt a tad more realistic imo) another thing I didn't dig in Fifa 16 was the no ball dribling control.
Anyone managed to fix the issue with the GK's sticking to the goal line till the time of their deaths?

@El Pajaro: Nicely done! I never won anything myself. Remember when I tried to qualify for the 2019 Women's World Cup with Argentina? :D

About fatigue: well, that's exactly the point, isn't it? Sorry, I really don't want to sound like an ass, but players should indeed tire in a longer tournament and especially if they play 120-minute games -- no team should ever be able to field the same 11 all season long :))

About GKs: no, handling controls whether he punches or catches the ball with his hands. What you're describing is probably caused by the Selfish trait, although I never saw them do that in my games

@dissectionalone: I see GKs rushing the attacker sometimes, even mine does it whether I press Y or not.

Also, forgive me for asking, but what is the "no ball dribbling control"? :THINK:

Do you have cyberfaces for the players? Ads, stadiums? Can we see some screenshots? :)

What do you use as a base for the mod?
Hey :) Screenshots will be later, I'm still focused on the database. But not enough, sometimes I get distracted by creating kits. Of course I can take them from the Classic Patch for FIFA 14 (https://is.gd/4Vow3z) but they are of very poor quality, some small details are missing etc. so I decided to make the kits myself (2048x2048). There is still a lot of work, 48 teams are planned (32 teams of the World Cup and 16 not qualified) I use the standard unmodified game as a base and import lineups and players from Classic Patch 14 after that I make minor changes to the stats, it saves my time a little. But still, I’m sure I’ll finish it, this is my favorite tournament and I’m very inspired by what @Ciais is doing. About cyberfaces: I have found very few good quality faces of course i will add them to the game. Maybe I'll try to do faces myself when I'm done with the database.
awe2jGU.png

And by the way... no short corners and goal kicks at all in the rest of the games. You can delete that part away from your blog article. It was only Chile (or Panama, can't remember) who were using them.

Nothing wrong with that... different teams and different tactics. That's just versatility.

I see. Still, when they're doing them, they're doing them all match long
I 100% agree with you, it all depends on the flow -- and Barcelona plays them short sometimes, but that's exactly it, sometimes.
I still would like to try and at least reduce them even more, just that :))

You may be right, though: I came across some guy who analyzed 11234 matches (talk about dedication :CONFUSE:), and he established that 26% of corners are indeed short, so 1 out of 4 -- definitely more frequent than I realized, so I stand corrected :))

On the other hand, another statistical analysis established that only 10% of goal kicks are taken short, 1 out of 10.

So I did some (very rough) calculations, and I'd say that only 15% of set pieces are taken short total.

Now, I don't plan to lower the Build Up Speed and/or Passing, or then we will surely have 100% short set pieces (but you never know), but I'd like to try some combinations with slightly higher values in those sub-tactics and see if I can reduce them without making the game look like Sonic the Hedgehog.

@Ciais wonderful article mate :APPLAUD:! The trailer is superb as well.

Anyway, finally have some time to play and I started a career with Atletico Madrid, between yesterday night and now.
Had three games, three draws but all pretty different from themselves. A 1-1 against Girona, a 0-0 against Las Palmas, and then a beautiful 2-2 against Valencia, in which I went up two times just to be reached by Valencia in each occasion.

I'll take Andersfss word above to describe my matches.. intense.. there really is an unprecedented battle and physical "tension" in each game I've played till now..

I've also found that both Girona and Las Palmas tended to park the bus and being a bit clumsy in their attempts, even if still dangerous, while Valencia put togheter way more refined actions and tries. Soon to say it with absolute certainty, but the first impression is that the new work with traits and tactics is paying.

Stamina wise, with a week to recover I'd say it's pretty balanced, but before Valencia's game I forgot CL with is just a few days after and now all my eleven is pretty destroyed :P .. but I guess it isn't something a good rotation (which again, I forgot to do) wouldn't fix.

What can I say? Best job so far. You really are building something unique.

I read every post in this thread and I'm really tempted to test it finally but there is a big problem for me: If I use 1.01 version of the game I can't use the File Server and this is a no-go for me. Most of you know that I'm editing stadiums and they are the most important thing for me so it's no option to play the game without them. If somebody know a possibility how I can use everything togehter please let me know.

@Madmac79: Glad you enjoy it :))
Actually, about stamina: I believe that the amount is correct during an actual match, but what about fatigue recovery in-between games? I'm hearing conflicting reports, so I'm having some doubts :))

@Nisoley: Damn, haven't thought of that. I believe the problem is the fifa_server_map.dll file. I'm trying to obtain the correct one for v1.01. Sorry for the trouble :))

Back
Top Bottom