FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Unbelievable, right? Almost makes me believe we're gonna have a visit from some shady lawyers too... Ridiculous

Let me tell you a secret, FIFA subredditors: this game (yup, it's only a GAME) still had offline gameplay last time I checked, and you are still able to play it if you want even if it's 4 years old :DOH:

Unbelievable, right? Almost makes me believe we're gonna have a visit from some shady lawyers too... Ridiculous

Let me tell you a secret, FIFA subredditors: this game (yup, it's only a GAME) still had offline gameplay last time I checked, and you are still able to play it if you want even if it's 4 years old :DOH:

How come you guys never posted this at Soccergaming?
I'm an admin there - I can guarantee no one's deleting or banning you for this :PP

This MOD made my "Fifa 16" the most realistic fifa i ever played! at age 30 (i was playing with this MOD for hours, several teams/leagues)
what a genuine idea bros!
simple/perfect UI that works like charm for me.
EA should know about it. i dont mess with strange overal or career mode etc. EA buggys ;)
i'm an amature in modding but have some graphic experiences (face/kit/flag....PS edit modifing) i would be happy if i could do any help any project. cuz i love playing football and have time for it. THANK YOU all

Last edited:
I'll have to try this ASAP. I always dabble with FIFA 16 as it's a great game and I often become disenchanted with FIFA/PES, so I'm left scrambling for my fix. I've played a good 500+ hours of FIFA 19, but I need something different at the moment. Your vision for how you'd like to enhance the game seems wonderful and I'm totally on board. Like a previous poster said, that video entailing the ethos of your mod had me more enticed and excited than any FIFA/PES trailer in recent memory.

I absolutely commend all those who strive to create the best football gaming experience possible, especially when many of you have busy lives to attend to. We are a niche group, but take solace in the fact that a lot of members on this forum respect and enjoy your (and all of the other content creators out there) hard work. It's not all for naught!

Side note: Now, if I could only find an early 2000s Premier League mod.
I'm starting to morph into, "old man yells at cloud" in regards to modern football. I didn't think it would happen so quickly...

For me FIFA 16 with these mods is the best sports game ever made. And that's a bold statement. NHL04 is legendary and the NBA2k series is pretty damn good.

This is the closest to the real than sport any other game. Maybe there are F1 sims that are just as good... I don't know, I don't play them.

You can play defensive, you can waste time, you can even dive and "fish" fouls from the refs now. You get 3-1 games, you get 0-0 games... and you actually DO get fouls and good free kick opportunities... that's the ULTIMATE luxury among other football games. It's quite pathetic but it's a fact.

I watch every single cutscene of each game... it's like a TV broadcast.

@Chuny, @FredHor: Thanks for the offer and the kind words :))
In fact, I actually am registered at Soccergaming -- but (I don't know how to put it without sounding offensive, and that's not my intention), at least while I'm still considering it "beta", I think I'd just have this single thread here. It's the same reason I postponed miguelfcp's offer to do the same :))
Plus, with all the gameplay gurus there (bangus, regularcat, Fidel...), I fear I'm gonna trespass into their territory and be an easy prey :LOL:

@Hess, @Redhat: Thank you very very much :))
I hope you enjoy it. And if not, feel free to tell why and what you think I should do. I don't guarantee I'll agree with you (:PP), but any suggestion is heard ;))

@El Pajaro: NBA 2K13 or 2K14, with the URB mod. Either Grand Prix 4, or F1 Challenge VB with all seasons from 1950 to now. For rally, Richard Burns Rally with the NGP physics mod. Sorry for the OT :D

Hello!

A little update, finally :))

Did some pretty extensive testing regarding the short set pieces. I can confirm that the 2 values that have an effect on this are Build Up Speed and Passing.

They work in tandem, so you can't increase one and decrease the other, I only had constant long kicks with them around 50.

The catch: with values this "high", teams build up too fast (they're in the opponents area in 2-3 passes) and teams that should in theory play short (like Barcelona) do a lot of long balls.

So, those 2 subtactics will 100% remain the way they've been for a while now:
  • Build Up Speed: scaled between 34 and 45 (34=1 and 45=100)
  • Build Up Passing: cutoff value at 34
So yes, we will still have more short set pieces than normal, but hopefully not in the majority, and game speed will not be as negatively affected.

Cheers :))

I did some more games.

Some annotations:

-Stamina seems ok as of now. Atletico Madrid wasn't probably the best choice to start a career with as it kinda has a short roster of first team players (at least compared to other bigs) but after the "crisis" between the CL matches, my team recovered pretty fine. I also had two injuries (Griezmann and Diego Costa, go figure :LOL: ) .

-Collisions are REALLY great. I'll put a small video here of one I particularly liked:

Griezmann was tired and got injured on this tackle, for the records.. the fact you really have to play your stars more safely adds another layer of depth to the game.. in some match after this one I had to take out Diego Costa, who was also pretty fatigued from the match before, just after an harsh challenge in the first minutes..

-That's perhaps the most important.. I'm actually loving the way IA build up. I'm seeing really waaay less boring tiki taka and more direct plays, with both high balls and short passes, but in a way that you still see CPU reason and move the ball around. It's probably the thing that made the game jump forward the most to me.

Well that's it for now. Truly super impressive.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree about build up :))

I too see players actually stopping and standing still for a few seconds, trying to decide what to do next -- plus they dribble a lot more now for me, instead of immediately passing the ball (unless it's a team that indeed plays tiki-taka)

I can't really point the finger at something in particular, it's more a combination of factors: reduced Vision, the tweaked tactics, the Selfish trait, the FT Control Error sliders, cl.ini strings...

It was a gamble, one that actually worked in the end, apparently :))

PS: Dangerous CPU tackle on Griezmann, I bet the ref decreed it was a foul at least. Also, notice how he gets past No. 23, who just can't keep up

@Ciais No foul in that one unluckily :P, but I'm still getting a good number all around. And yes, I can outpace defenders in a pretty good fashion with the right guy! Good players still stands out pretty well. I'm sure you'll be able to improve individuality even further with time, even if it's already generally pretty good imho ;)

Well, it actually was on the ball, although not as clean, so I think not giving a foul seems pretty legit :D

About individuality, thank you, will see what I can do more in that regard, actually, I started that big scouring I threatened too many times these past weeks -- I'm now reading the whole FIFA 16 thread on everyeye.it post by post :SNACK:

:LOL:

Every time I see this, it still cracks me up.

Notice how he goes right for the player -- he completely disregards the ball, like it doesn't even exist. And he even lost his shoe. I think this should have been a double red card :R1:R1:LMAO:

PS: Shame they lost against England though :(

Oh yeah... Codesal gave two dubious penalties to England... and one in the final against Argentina... but let's not get into that. :(

Will rebuild the Euro 2016 database now and play a tournament with... Italy... with your latest settings. Or is there something coming up very soon?

Go right ahead :TU:

I don't plan on releasing anything anytime soon (unless you guys or I discover a pretty bad bug) -- the next release should be the "big one", the "definitive" one after I gathered and tested all possible tips and tweaks I could find ;))

@Chuny, @FredHor: Thanks for the offer and the kind words :))
In fact, I actually am registered at Soccergaming -- but (I don't know how to put it without sounding offensive, and that's not my intention), at least while I'm still considering it "beta", I think I'd just have this single thread here. It's the same reason I postponed miguelfcp's offer to do the same :))
Plus, with all the gameplay gurus there (bangus, regularcat, Fidel...), I fear I'm gonna trespass into their territory and be an easy prey :LOL:

Well, ultimately it's up to you of course! But just know that I'll have your back 100%.

Regularcat has left the Forum, in fact he's no longer a Mod.
So it's really just Fidel and Araknatu right now running the show - And that's for FIFA 19.
You'd kind of be a great deal for FIFA 16, which is STILL the most active area of the Forum.
But that might change now, as of today Frosty Suite Tool is out and FIFA 19 will now be possible!.

Keep it up fella!

@miguelfcp, @El Pajaro: Thanks! Although, I think you're exaggerating, it's not really that great... :EMB:

@final lap: What do you mean? New balls/etc, a LOD fix or a PostFX mod like SweetFX?

I usually use this Ultra LOD fix: https://www.moddingway.com/file/190234.html (although not right now), but I don't know how taxing it is for low-mid PCs

For PostFX you can use Chuny's: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/gfx-mod-for-fifa-16-and-fifa-18-download.78862/

You can combine them no problem, they aim to do 2 entirely different things.

A LOD fix makes sure that players and such are always using the highest quality model no matter how far the camera is (so no more balding players, etc.)

PostFX means injecting AA, bloom, HDR, etc... on top of the rendered image.

Hope it was what you were looking for :))

Ciais, I cant even see the download links for Chuny's mod. Even though I have replied to that thread. Do you or anybody else have other links? Thanks

Yes... let the tournament begin!

LjHbOKl.jpg

CANrkFQ.jpg

@Chuny: Thanks buddy, I know you will :))
I didn't say no, though ;))
I simply want to finalize the Career edits before posting it on Soccergaming and @miguelfcp's forum. This is a make-or-break deal for many people, and although I don't play that mode myself, I understand them.
You see, after I post the (hopefully) definitive, final version of the gameplay, I plan to tweak Career to correct the "errors" caused by my tweaks: player values and wages, training, forms, regens and youths, manager AI, simulation settings, etc... :))
And yes, @El Pajaro loves national teams more than clubs... :DD (as do I :LOVE:)

@final lap: Sorry man, I don't have them, I still don't have any yet on my testing installation :((

@El Pajaro: Good luck! You're gonna need it :LOL:
47377-1510612187-800.jpg

@Chuny Yes indeed. I'm a tournament hardcore enthusiast. :D

Damn this was a tough game... I got totally dominated by Belgium. Against a great defense like that you get 2-3 good opportunities in this mod... Pelle had two and substitute Zaza got one. I couldn't capitalize.

Benteke scored 1-0 after a beautiful combination and de Bruyn made 2-0 from a perfect free kick.

KwghiHp.jpg

On top of this all I made a frustrated tackle on Carrasco with Chiellini in additional time and he got sent off. :o

So no Chiellini in the next match against Sweden (that is a must win for Italy).

usByMuv.jpg

Cards, offsides, fouls, Belgium domination.

CU8ASM5.jpg

I lost but I deserved it... I couldn't get much going. It really is a big difference when you don't have a guy like Messi in your team.

This gameplay is... well... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! But you knew that already, didn't you? ;)

Great to see you will tweak the career files too. As i said, i use fidels gameplay mod which is great too but there is a point of the career when there are many many regens where his mod shows its limits.

The regens get always better stats in agility or short pass then the original players tweaked by Fidel. For exemple, average value for an existing player in the modded db is agility like 60 and short pass 60 too but many regens gets 80+ for those stats, as if it reverts to the default database stats. Strange thing is that the balance stats stays low for the regens as in the modded db for the original players.

Its not a critic and i praise the gameplay modders for making this game the best simulation of the sport, just observations to even improve more the experience.

I'll try and make sure regens and youth players get the correct values (there's some tables in the DB for that, all I have to do is apply my formulas to them -- I believe) :))

One question, though: what are regens? As I told you, I never played (manager) career seriously, so I honestly have no idea what they are or mean :DD

A regen is an existing player from the DB that retires and then "comes back" to maintain the amount of players necessary to fill the squads. He comes back as a young player with another face, body, name in the same or another team but in the same league i think and with the same nationality and potential. Its kinda the new generation ;) For exemple i made a career and saw that Zlatan Ibrahimovic retired, the next season i found accidentaly that swedish striker named Abdulrahman Andersson, big strong guy with the Zlatans stem look and a pony tail but.... blond ;) It was Zlatan's regen (i immediatly made an offer for him and he reached something like 96!).

That's one thing that is good in fifa, the regen system, when you compear to the utter shit in PES, the guy comes back with his name, look and body but.... aged 16. So basicly if Zlatan retires in PES, he comes back as a 16 year old guy named.... Zlatan Ibrahimovic and with the face and body of the 35 year old Zlatan...

Ah, I see! So it's different from the youth players system in that it uses existing players as templates, instead of creating them from scratch :))

Thank you for the explanation :TU:

Yeah that's it but it generates funny names too like with the youth players ( like Pablo Escobar or Michael Jackson haha).

Thank you too for your in depth work on this mod. I couldn't try it yet as i want to finish my saved game first but what i saw in the vids is that there is finally a real football simulation!

Daily SITREP :SAL:

I'm currently at page 36 of 147 in everyeye.it's FIFA 16 thread :SNACK:

We still haven't gotten to the juicy bits yet, but there was some talk of Home and Away Difficulty cl.ini strings that... apparently do exactly what they appear to do.
Some people argue that they should be left alone or both set to 0, as they may constitute a CPU "cheat" -- I, on the other hand, believe that we should still have some degree of home advantage, as in real life.

So, these are some values I plan to test and probably include :))

Saludos :))

PS: There were also some disturbing reports of one modder in particular advancing copyright claims on his work and making a big fuss about it in a fairly known forum because another modder used some of "his" strings. I'm not gonna say who or where it is, but I'm afraid those "in-the-know" will understand who I'm talking about.
Now, I don't wanna stir up anything, but we're talking about cl.ini strings here, which are extracted from the EXE itself, so if anyone should advance a copyright claim, that would be EA.
This is not like using fifaCCitiu's Gameplayzer -- that's his idea, his code, his program, so of course if he didn't tell me he was okay with it, I wouldn't have done anything with it. But copyright claims on EXE-extracted strings, which anyone can see and use as they see fit? Talk about ego. I really hope I am not like that.

Back
Top Bottom