FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

@Ciais I lurked here and there that same topic a year ago or something, when I was checking stuff for my cl.ini, and I remember something nebulous about somebody protesting over it but nothing in details.

Of course claiming copyrights on some lines for a cl.ini is silly beyond belief.. besides, as you said only EA could concretely file action or something, I hardly think mods for a third part could ever be claimed as intellectual property, although of course some non-written etiquette should tell you that if you are a decent person, you're not gonna use or change some other guy's big work without credit or asking for permission (as you correctly did with gameplayzer). But a bunch of lines? Come on..

No, you're not like that don't worry :LOL:.

Anyway, had a very good report to do about Roma-Atletico with a little video I put up but I'll postpone it to tomorrow.. this weekend was soul crashing real life football wise, had zero will to play or even watch any more of it today:CONF::BRICK:. Bet you must not feel too different even if for different reasons:PRAY:..

So I had a great Roma-Atletico Madrid in CL the other day. It was particularly impressive especially in the first half because I've never felt individuality as strong in Fifa 16; Roma played exactly the strength they had last year, with Naingolann often trying the shoot from outside, Dzeko being a true physical challenge for my defenders and Perotti costantly trying one v ones.

In the second half they kinda loosened the pression and fell a bit behind due to their stamina dropping as well, which I liked enough since the game turned in a midfield, physical battle.

I put togheter a small video with three random moments I liked:

two saves in which the keeper blocks the ball in two times (in the first one you can appreciate Dzeko doing a nice post player ), which happens often enough as promised by the trailer, and a nice, very "real" moment in the second half in which my team was low and kinda suffering, so I shielded the ball with Torres just to receive a very plausible shoulder tackle (which rightfully got me a foul, this time :D). Another great collision, moreover.

Looking forward to my next play session!

It was particularly impressive especially in the first half because I've never felt individuality as strong in Fifa 16; Roma played exactly the strength they had last year, with Naingolann often trying the shoot from outside, Dzeko being a true physical challenge for my defenders and Perotti costantly trying one v ones.
For real? If you say individuality is still there, then it means I haven't failed on this aspect, ahah :BOP:

In the second half they kinda loosened the pression and fell a bit behind due to their stamina dropping as well, which I liked enough since the game turned in a midfield, physical battle.
Another good news for me, that's also one thing I wanted to recreate :TU:

As for me, I'm of course still "collecting data", as you may say. I'm just over 1/3 of everyeye.it's thread (53 out of 147), and user fideco (the one who basically suggested we use v1.01 and fifaCCitiu's Gameplayzer) has joined the fray... so it's gonna be pretty interesting from now on I'd wager :SAL:
Then of course after that I'm gonna look at all other gameplay threads at Soccergaming by the likes of Fidel, bangus, paulv2k4, regularcat, AndreaPirlo21, beta990, the slider thread by Matt10, etc etc etc.

Hope I gather enough stuff pretty soon, so I can test it and report back -- both here and on The Retro Sports Club ;))

Cheers :))

Okay... second group stage match... and I lost that too. Record amount of corners. I got my goal from Candreva's beautiful free kick and Zlatan scored one for Sweden.

And guess what... I got THREE offensive fouls from the corner kick situations. That is amazing. I don't know how you have managed to put them into the game but that kind of fouls are ultra realistic.

Plenty of fouls overall. Don't touch anything fundamental in the gameplay now. It's perfect.

That was my tournament with Italy. 0 points after two games. I'll start another Euro tournament with other team next. It's brilliantly done by ModdingWay... same quality as the World Cup 2018 and Copa America. I wish there was World Cup 2014 too.

lksaySM.jpg

Did you change something regarding the corner kicks? Of course I had record of 10 corners but THREE offensive team fouls (when trying a header). I don't know where they came from... handballs, pushing, whatever... but that is actually quite amazing. You see those situations in real football all the time... but NEVER before I've seen them in football "simulations". Well done indeed.

Good evening, friends

Did many gameplay-related things today!

One thing I always wanted to try was setting all players' Aggression to 1 and increasing the teams' Aggression between 67 and 100. Would that increase fouls (or at least not decrease them) while slowing the game down? :THINK:

Short answer: no. Fouls are basically non-existent, and not because the referee doesn't whistle: nope, players don't even try and tackle you, they simply leave you be, even with the teams' Aggression increased. I didn't notice any significant difference in the game speed either, so I will leave those 2 values as they were.

Another thing I noticed while browsing through everyeye.it, is that teams, especially the weaker ones, are too perfect with their passing. I'm not talking about passing % (which will be always higher because the CPU passes the ball back), but actual mistakes in-game.

So, I reduced the Short Passing attribute even more (they miss enough Long Passes and Crosses already), and recalculated Vision so now no player has it more than 64, and now only the very very very best have it this "high", the great majority of players have it at 10 on average. Now weaker teams/players do more mistakes while passing.

Since I was at it I did the same for Agility too, Harry Kane did a bicycle kick and botched it incredibly.

I also increased the Pass Speed slider to 45, now CPU passes aren't too slow (so not stupidly intercepted too much anymore) nor too fast. FT Control Error stays the same, with the faster passes it's a bit harder to control a ball now, as in real life.

I think those changes are great, it will add more, how to say..., "humanity" in the AI's way of play, having the feeling to play against humans and not like sometimes (as mentionned especially vs small teams) robots from outer space.

Yep, hope so :))

Actually, the new max value for Vision and Agility is now 59 (for comparison, it's 94 in the latest released version), and only about 100 players have it around that value -- all the others will not go over 19 :D

So very good players in those attributes should still stand out from the rest -- but not in an over-the-top way.

Good morning all. I stumbled across this thread yesterday (and then spent hours reading it at work & home lol).
It piqued my interest to say the least and I purchased Fifa 16 on PC last night as a result.

I now have the Vanilla Fifa 16 game on my laptop & also the demo as I downloaded it when it first came out and it was still on my Origin account.

I now have some questions to help me get started, I hope one of you can help with as I have never modded a Fifa game before, only numerous PES/WE versions.

Basically my questions are as follows:

What is the best way to start with @Ciais mod? I can download the latest files from a few pages back - 1.01 exe, gameplayzer, ini file etc but do I need anything else? I have never modded Fifa before and only installed it yesterday, so don't have any moddingway patches etc installed/downloaded.

Do I need an additional DB file or will the stock Fifa 16 one be ok? I saw @El Pajaro has been talking about using different DB files, what does this do? Can you swap out DB files and get different versions of the game such as world cups etc?

Do I need to install a moddingway patch for this to work? In @Ciais instructions it references launching the moddingwayinstaller.exe, is that part of a patch or a separate file/program?

Is it possible to have all of this work with an 18/19 DB/set of squads? I would love to play with either current season squads or classic ones but if that is not possible then stock 16 squads would be fine, I just wondered what was possible.

I have the demo installed as well, but is that not required for this as the 1.01 exe is used instead? Basically am I mixing this mod with the extended demo gameplay?

Finally, am I right in thinking that you won't be able to use custom stadiums etc if I install this mod? But it may be possible in the future if some tools can be modified to work with the 1.01 exe?

Sorry for all the noob questions, this really is very different to any football game modding I have done before.
Once you have finished laughing at my silly questions, hopefully one (or more) of you will see fit to help :LOL:

Thanks in advance

Russ

Hi @rsl1!

I don't think that the Gameplayzer will work with the default, untouched DB, as it's not "decrypted" -- what I suggest is you install any mod you like first (ModdingWay, Infinity, etc.)

ModdingWay has multiple DBs, which you can swap with their Selector.

I reference ModdingWayInstaller.exe because it's a BH regenerator, nothing more, and can do that without breaking the game (the 2018 WC MWM Mod references an external file for an addon stadium that actually doesn't exist, long story short, if you regenerate with File Master or FHL-BH-Editor, this reference will be of course lost and using the default file will make this stadium crash.)

If you have the Demo, then you can try the Gameplayzer without using the v1.01 EXE -- it shouldn't be that different from the Demo gameplay.

As for Stadium/File Server, yes, as far as I know shawminator didn't reply to Nisoley, so the only thing left to do is for me to somehow hex edit the relevant dll and try and brutally make it compatible with v1.01, if I even can.

Hope it helped.

Hi @Ciais, thankyou for your quick response.

I will have a look for a moddingway mod later when I get home then - moddingway seems to be the most frequently referenced on here so I guess it is one of - if not the best?
Do you (or anyone else) know if there is a current season moddingway mod? When I was searching last night for the moddingway all in one I could only find ones from last season but it is possible that I am looking in the wrong places.

I will try gameplayzer with the demo first as you suggest as that would be quicker to test I guess?

Looking forward to getting this all set up and giving it a go as it sounds great from reading this thread

Thanks again

Russ

I don't know if it's the best, but as you correctly say it is the most used -- although, to be honest, when I'll be 1000% finished with the gameplay, I'll immediately uninstall everything and install only the Women's Patch and, IF it will ever be ready, RobbieD_PL's WC Qualification patch :BOP:

No, ModdingWay isn't updated, but as far as I know this one should be: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-infinity-patch-16-18-19-edition.6466137/

ModdingWay is the best if you're a tournament guy like me.

It has incredible World Cup 2018, Copa America 2015, Euro 2016, U21 and even African nations cup. But if you're a league guy maybe the Infinity patch is the way to go.

Thankyou both, I'll give the infinity patch a go first as I do love leagues. That being said, a tournament one would be pretty cool too. Something like France 98 would be awesome

World Cup 1990 would be my DREAM because of Valderrama, Milla, Schillachi, Caniggia, Matthaus, Baggio and of course the man himself, El Diego. That was the first World Cup I ever watched (yeah I'm old haha).

1998 would be great too. I loved the 2014 tournament of course as my favorite Argentina almost won it. :)

If we could somehow build those around the MW mod or Infinity mod it'd be amazing. If we get more people interested in this gameplay mod, we'll get more contributors for sure.

:THINK: Why would you wanna build around already existing mods? It would complicate things, in my opinion, ModdingWay is humongous, it would create conflicts, etc. I'd do like anders is doing, work on the base, default game :))

PS: As soon as I finish this, I'm done -- I will only play. Hope you understand :P

PS2: Why do you love 1990 and 2014, the only WCs (apart from 1930) where Argentina lost in the final? :D

Okay... I wasn't aware of that. Can you have MW and then some other mod under the same installation? Or do you need two multiple installations (copies) as NHL 2004 if you want to play several mods?

I love the 1990 because I didn't experience the 1986 and after 1990 the 2014 tournament was the only one that was successful for Argentina (yeah getting into the final is a success). Probably just because I "lived" with the team in those tournaments. 2006 squad was amazing and they should have won though... but idiot Pekerman screwed it up (didn't play Messi against Germany and switched their brain Riquelme out).

World Cup 1990 would be my DREAM because of Valderrama, Milla, Schillachi, Caniggia, Matthaus, Baggio and of course the man himself, El Diego. That was the first World Cup I ever watched (yeah I'm old haha).

1998 would be great too. I loved the 2014 tournament of course as my favorite Argentina almost won it. :)

If we could somehow build those around the MW mod or Infinity mod it'd be amazing. If we get more people interested in this gameplay mod, we'll get more contributors for sure.

WC 90 was my first one too so I am equally as old.
I have a soft spot for 90 as a)England were good and b) the squad had 6 current of former Forest players in it :))

I had the every 4 years mod on PES 13 one which had the 1990 WC squads in it - that was pretty good.

I love retro patches/mods as it reminds me of being a kid I think. I just saw a classic 80s/90s Serie A mod on youtube that looked pretty interesting too.

Yes 1990 England was amazing... probably their best team ever. Lineker was still the among best strikers in the world. Shilton's mistake in that Germany free kick was costly. Never forget that one. :(

@El Pajaro: I don't think it's possible, so many files would be used by both, creating conflict and crashes. I guess you could create separate FIFA 16 folders with different mods in them, though, and rename them on the fly. That I tried, and it works (just like NHL 2004)
:)) I see about 1990 and 2014. I was 3 at the time, my father went here at Marassi to watch Costa Rica v Scotland, and them my mother watched Republic of Ireland v Romania -- the most boring football match she's ever seen (as was the norm for Italia '90), and she watches Genoa's matches every week :PP

@rsl1: Never forget David Platt's goal against Belgium in Bologna -- or when he shat himself :APPLAUD:

Another thing... I just watched this FIFA 19 skillz & goalz compilation. This is what the major public wants... a fantasy creation of football. Yes you see amazing goals like this occasionally in real football... but you will never see a human being possessing that kind of agility. Just look at the players... they look like robots or bunny rabbits (after playing our mod). The game speed looks like it's all fast forwarded. :D

I wonder if these are done in amateur skill level because there is no defense at all.

People don't see these major issues... or then they DON'T WANT to see them? :o

I agree wholeheartedly

I only managed to watch the first 30 seconds, then I had to stop. It's not the game for me. Skill moves all the time, no mistakes whatsoever, no inertia. Sorry, it may indeed be a fun game, but it's just not what I'm looking for :))

I don't want to be negative or complain about anything. If people want arcade football fun, there's nothing wrong about it. But this video shows how far away of this kind of SH*T you have actually taken the gameplay... it's quite impressive considering the fundamentals in FIFA 16 and FIFA 19 physics and programming are probably quite similar.

This game is very "moddable" there's no doubt about that. Doing similar things to PES games is impossible. You only have the db.

I believe you're wrong about 16 and 19 being similar. 16 was the last one to have the Ignite engine, while from 17 onward you have Frostbite -- which according to many reports, ruined pretty much everything (apart from the graphics.)

Of course people can play the game they want to play. For me, especially as you say after having played with my tweaks that significantly reduce agility, speed, flair, etc, it indeed looks like FIFA Street, so I don't like it. In my opinion, not even the very best (CR7, Messi, Modric, Salah, ...) should constantly do skill tricks so easily as in the video you posted. Some people want that, I simply find it boring and breaks my suspension of disbelief. Sorry :ANX:

@rsl1 If you are one of the lucky guy that have a legit copy the fifa16 DEMO, if you have the time and disk space, do you a favour, try the extended demo.

You can perfectly have two different game folders one with the demo and one with the vanilla game + @Ciais mod installed (I have been too lazy to it yet, but might eventually do it;) ).
The only conflict between the two install will be the game saves, profiles and squadfile that will be all saved in the same folder (User/Documents/Fifa16) and might overwrite each others. It would require to back up one version of this folder for every install and change the name when you want to play one version or the other (a bit annoying to have to think about it but not too much to do.)

As for the database, you can extract it from the vanilla game if you want with CG file explorer that you can download here:
https://www37.zippyshare.com/v/mTOyy6Ip/file.html

But as Ciais said it is probably easy to start with a modded one (moddingway or others).

As for the custom stadium, File Server is not required to play with them. Their installation just takes longer and a bit of knowing how to do it (I am happy to help anyone). Also while you can install more than 500 stadiums only the one that will use an original EA id will have proper night lights and atmosphere. No one has found a solution for that yet. With file server you will not experience this problem because the tool always recycle two EA ids to load the custom stadium files.
I would argue that the night sacrifice it is not a big deal, because day match atmosphere looks in my opinion better than night one (it can look a bit strange for CL games I admit).

@all Has anyone manage to run FIP16 patch with the v1.01 exe? I ask because at soccergaming, Scouser says that the patch has been designed with the last version of the game and might not work with earlier versions (may be just having a different exe is fine).

Another thing... I just watched this FIFA 19 skillz & goalz compilation. This is what the major public wants... a fantasy creation of football. Yes you see amazing goals like this occasionally in real football... but you will never see a human being possessing that kind of agility. Just look at the players... they look like robots or bunny rabbits (after playing our mod). The game speed looks like it's all fast forwarded. :D

I wonder if these are done in amateur skill level because there is no defense at all.

People don't see these major issues... or then they DON'T WANT to see them? :o

I agree wholeheartedly

I only managed to watch the first 30 seconds, then I had to stop. It's not the game for me. Skill moves all the time, no mistakes whatsoever, no inertia. Sorry, it may indeed be a fun game, but it's just not what I'm looking for :))

There are tons of great things about FIFA 19 still.
You know I'm a FIFA 16 lover. In fact, if I recall correctly, it was me who insisted that you gave it another try right about last year.
But FIFA 19 does have some beautiful things too.
You can totally play the game without any skill moves at all and have a great time
It will probably never get to FIFA 16 levels, but it's not like those irritating Youtube videos all the time either.

Back
Top Bottom