FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

2. Yes attributes are reduced just like it should be.
3. Are you playing with the legendary and 15 min halfs? I occasionally get games with only 5-6 fouls but that varies a LOT between games during the tournament (I just play the intl.tournaments myself). Sometimes I get almost 20. Play a few games more and see how the league/tournament goes on.

PS: I use a lot of grab button for dirty defending... it's an important button... and of course it increases fouls too. Learn to use it. :D

:)) You don't have to play 15 minute halves, Madmac plays 6, for example, and he's still enjoying it ;))

I play 20 because... because that's who I am :PP

PS: About cards: try putting the Card Strictness string in cl.ini to 0.0 -- unfortunately, cards are linked to player collisions, and now we have way more. Probably the only way to reduce cards would be to significantly reduce fouls. Stupid game :R1

Hi @Ciais I only had time for a couple of games last night but I changed the recovery/stamina settings to the new ones before I started.

The first game was a bit odd as the day after the match (advancing one day only) everyone was back to full green/100%. Then 2 days later on match day the starting lineup was around 45/50% with subs who only played a short match at around 70/75%. In the 2nd match, anybody who was not fully fit - so basically the subs from the previous game were really struggling in the 2nd half and it became quite a slow affair.

Maybe I do have to start a new career for the recovery changes to take effect or maybe it needs a match or 2 to iron itself out?

I will test a couple more matches in this career tonight and see how it goes. If the 50% carries on then I will start a new one and let you know my findings either way.

Yeah that was I was thinking as it's never done that before.

It was like the new settings were battling the old settings that may have been stored in the save game somehow? It was very odd.

I will do some more testing tonight and let you know

I don't know how it is for the cmsettings.ini but for the simsettings.ini that is stored in the exact same folder, changes can be done on the fly and will be immediately applied to current career saves.

:THINK: I believe you may be onto something here, Pap

Contrary to simsettings, cmsettings controls a whole other important stuff, like the starting year. So I guess you really need to start another career

Hi @Ciais and @papinho81 I've just checked the folder that has my cmsettings.ini file but I can't see a simsettings.ini file. The only ini files in there are cmsettings & playervalues. Would one of you be able to send me one via DM please? Do you know why I wouldn't have one as default?

Oh, ok ok, let me explain :))

For fatigue recovery, cmsettings.ini is the right file.

simsettings.ini controls the simulated matches, nothing more -- and it's optional, so it's normal if you don't have it in your folder. You can always download one of your choosing, put it there and regenerate, but that's another thing :))

Ah I see - I won't touch that for the time being then as I am going to test what I already have. Thanks for the explanation

Good morning

ippTJpe.png

I may have found the magic string for the cards.

If you'd be so kind as to replace the REFEREE section in your cl.ini with this and let me know:

[] //REFEREE
RULES_FOUL=1
RULES_UPDATE_FOULTYPE_FOR_CHEATFOUL=1
REFEREE_FOUL_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=2.0
REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=0.0
USE_PRECISION_REF=1
PHYSICS_CAN_INVALIDATE_HAND_TOUCHES=1

Number of fouls is more or less the same, and cards seem to have been reduced. I only had them for fierce tackles and reckless slides.

Thanks to Fidel Gameplay for the string.

PS: Some of you may have noticed the spark inside me is gone. Maybe it'll reappear next month once I'm acclimatized with the new Udinese environment. Cheers

Good morning @Ciais

Thankyou for your continued great work - I hope the spark returns soon as you should be very proud of the work you have done.

I will try these settings when I get home later tonight and see if don't get some many men sent off lol.
I haven't been getting many fouls but maybe I have one of the lines in the cl.ini slightly wrong or something - I'll double check later once I have tried these new settings.

I did some more testing with the new recovery settings last night and I'm happy to say that I didn't need to start a new career, they seemed to level out after that first crazy post game. Now if I have a Saturday Tuesday then most of the players will be around the 70-75% level with maybe one or two below that and maybe needing swapping out to avoid injury risk etc.

Basically, it looks to be working really well so thankyou.

Kind regards

Russ

Good to know, buddy. It looks like fatigue recovery is finally settled, now -- I hope I won't have @El Pajaro or @Madmac79 breathing down my neck about it anymore :BY:

Yeah, about the spark: I simply have a lot on my mind since they told me last week that, starting May 6, I'll be living at least 5 months in a hotel near Udine for work. Luckily though the hotel is the company's property and it's literally across the street from the office. I believe I'll be able to bring my laptop along, don't know about the gamepad though, so maybe I'll go back to keyboard playtesting :LOL:

Seconded - good luck with the new location.

Hopefully you can bring a gamepad - keyboard controls for football gaming is hard work!!

Good to know, buddy. It looks like fatigue recovery is finally settled, now -- I hope I won't have @El Pajaro or @Madmac79 breathing down my neck about it anymore :BY:

Yeah, about the spark: I simply have a lot on my mind since they told me last week that, starting May 6, I'll be living at least 5 months in a hotel near Udine for work. Luckily though the hotel is the company's property and it's literally across the street from the office. I believe I'll be able to bring my laptop along, don't know about the gamepad though, so maybe I'll go back to keyboard playtesting :LOL:

Are you really from Genoa though?
I've been there. During the time I lived in Italy (in Piacenza) I visited Genoa.

bofSrK9.png

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the number of cards is significantly reduced, even if we only compare it to the number of fouls per se.

New REFEREE section for cl.ini:

[] //REFEREE
RULES_FOUL=1
RULES_UPDATE_FOULTYPE_FOR_CHEATFOUL=1
RULESCOLLISION_ENABLE_INTENDED_BALLTOUCH=0
RULESCOLLISION_ENABLE_BALLTOUCHCANCELLED=0
RULESCOLLISION_DISABLE_NON_USER_CONTROLLED_PLAYER_LOGIC=1
REFEREE_FOUL_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=2.0
REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE=0.0
USE_PRECISION_REF=1
PHYSICS_CAN_INVALIDATE_HAND_TOUCHES=1

Saludos amigos :))

Oh, and another thing: I have to make an apology to @final lap.

You're right, the CPU does make too many forced (and consequently pretty bad) crosses. I wanted to make a quick test and so I set Crossing at 99 for all players -- no more wayward crosses.

So now I'm increasing Crossing (maybe around +30%, will see, of course we want them to still make mistakes sometimes.)

Cheers :))

You're definitely not. I simply didn't want to see what you were seeing, so yes, I should indeed apologize :))

I decided to release the current version (as soon as I feel it's good to go), since it's been too long since the last one -- I realized that if I decide to stick to the original plan and release it only when it's 100% done, I fear you may have it months away

Back
Top Bottom