FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

@rsl1 Are you trying to use SweetFX or ReShade?.
There's a sensible difference between the two.
I suggest you download and install Reshade.

@rsl1 Are you trying to use SweetFX or ReShade?.
There's a sensible difference between the two.
I suggest you download and install Reshade.

Hi @Chuny I was trying to use sweetFX as I thought it was less resource intensive but I am at a point where I should probably give reshade a go as sweetFX is doing sweetFA at the moment...

I'll give reshade a go and see if I can get that working

Thanks

Russ

Hi @Chuny I was trying to use sweetFX as I thought it was less resource intensive but I am at a point where I should probably give reshade a go as sweetFX is doing sweetFA at the moment...

I'll give reshade a go and see if I can get that working

Thanks

Russ

No, Reshade is very resource-friendly.
As long as you keep only the shaders you're actually using (get rid of the rest), you won't even know it's there.
Specially color-tweaking shaders, they don't use too much CPU at all.

I had time to test it now but unfortunately he can't recognize the ID's. At the moment I'm not able to make some further tests but it would be interesting to hear if someone else get it to work.

Did you use v1.01 EXE? Because for me it works :THINK:
Of course. I inserted the v 1.01 EXE, dbdata.dll and your latest fileserver_map.dll. I'm pretty sure that there is an other problem but normally it's simple. I hope someone else can test it and give feedback because I don't know where I should have made a mistake.

It's not strange, it's simply way more complicated than I thought...

Some addresses are different between v1.01 and v1.07, but Server16.exe reads the offsets in a specific way and order, so I had to find new offsets that more or less should, in theory, work with that reasoning.

If that's not the case (and it looks like it indeed isn't), then we need to edit Server16.exe too, but it's impossible to do that just by hex editing it...

It's not strange, it's simply way more complicated than I thought...

Some addresses are different between v1.01 and v1.07, but Server16.exe reads the offsets in a specific way and order, so I had to find new offsets that more or less should, in theory, work with that reasoning.

If that's not the case (and it looks like it indeed isn't), then we need to edit Server16.exe too, but it's impossible to do that just by hex editing it...

I remember the latest update for FIFA 16 and @shawminator only released an updated fileserver_map.dll and it worked again. So I think it's not necessary to edit the server.exe file. Of course, it's only a theory and I don't know how it works exactly but maybe it helps a little bit.

Yes, but apparently the offsets/pointers for the addresses didn't change between v1.06 and v1.07

I couldn't find many of the offsets referenced in that specific order by Server16.exe, in v1.01

For example, Fifa_Server_Map.dll specifies an array of 6 offsets for Team IDs: 504, 3544, 1712, 80, 276, 280.

Server16.exe references the same base address for Home and Away Team IDs, but specifies that for Home, the offsets stop at 276, while for Away they replace 276 with 280 -- so Home: Offset[0], Offset[1], Offset[2], Offset[3], Offset[4], and Away: Offset[0], Offset[1], Offset[2], Offset[3], Offset[5]

I saw that earlier versions of Fifa_Server_Map.dll have different arrays, probably because in earlier EXEs the different offsets changed position (for example the 3rd one and not the last), or were different lengths (only 2 instead of 5)

Hope it's clear

Yes, but apparently the offsets/pointers for the addresses didn't change between v1.06 and v1.07

I couldn't find many of the offsets referenced in that specific order by Server16.exe, in v1.01

For example, Fifa_Server_Map.dll specifies an array of 6 offsets for Team IDs: 504, 3544, 1712, 80, 276, 280.

Server16.exe references the same base address for Home and Away Team IDs, but specifies that for Home, the offsets stop at 276, while for Away they replace 276 with 280 -- so Home: Offset[0], Offset[1], Offset[2], Offset[3], Offset[4], and Away: Offset[0], Offset[1], Offset[2], Offset[3], Offset[5]

I saw that earlier versions of Fifa_Server_Map.dll have different arrays, probably because in earlier EXEs the different offsets changed position (for example the 3rd one and not the last), or were different lengths (only 2 instead of 5)

Hope it's clear

Thanks for the explanation I think I know what you want to say. Overall that means it's much more complicated then we thought. It's a lot of work required to edit the exe file and I don't know if it's worth the effort. At the end it's your decision but without help of @shawminator it's a big challenge.

Yeah. Sorry I let you all down... :((

I still haven't decided to call it quits, but either way it's gonna be an extremely long affair, and I'm afraid I have a lot on my plate already between gameplay and dayjob :THINK:

Don't get me wrong, it's possible it can be done just by editing the dll.

The only problem is, for every base address (team ID, tournament ID, ...), you need to do at least 20 pointer scans, because you can find even millions of possible results with Cheat Engine, so everytime you have to close the game, restart it, find the variable address again that stores the thing you're looking for, and update the pointer scan, and repeat at least until you have just a few (from millions of results).

Many things like team ID and such, appear in many different addresses everytime (more than 40), so potentially you have to do the above stuff (pointer scan, close game, repeat) more than 40*20 times just for a single, base address (there are 9).

The reason I failed now, is because (understandably, maybe) I wanted to rush things, so I decided to make some shortcuts. It didn't pay off.

Will see what I can do :))

Ok, forgive me for the triple post

To me, it works now. Still doesn't change the stadium (100% I made some mistake there), but team and tournament IDs are read correctly, and movies, scoreboards and TV logos are replaced no problem

Really don't know what to think :?

Ok, forgive me for the triple post

To me, it works now. Still doesn't change the stadium (100% I made some mistake there), but team and tournament IDs are read correctly, and movies, scoreboards and TV logos are replaced no problem

Really don't know what to think :?
Good news at all. I hope you'll find a solution for stadiums too. :)

Yes, I don't see why not :))

One thing: you said that it doesn't recognize the IDs for you, but do you mean you can't see the IDs in the File Server window? Like, Home Team ID 0?

Ciais, is it possible to alter the ball physics with your tweaks? One of the problems FIFA 16 always had was that sometimes it feels like the ball has no friction when it contacts the ground and seems to roll forever.

No, Reshade is very resource-friendly.
As long as you keep only the shaders you're actually using (get rid of the rest), you won't even know it's there.
Specially color-tweaking shaders, they don't use too much CPU at all.

I downloaded reshade from guru 3d and installed it, unchecked the shaders I didn't want and got the iinstalled correctly message etc. When I go to start the game it crashes on loading screen each time and won't run. If I uninstall then it works fine again - very odd... I'm about ready to give up on injectors as neither sweetfx or reshare works for me despite me seemingly installing them both correctly...

1 thing to note, I am installing this on the extended demo, would that make a difference?
I have 2 installs on my laptop, 1 full game with 18/19 infinity patch and@ciais mods on which I use as my career. The other is extended demo with moddingway patch installed and then classic serie a patch on top of that. This classic patch installed on extended demo is what I am trying to edit the look of, it's full of teams from the 80s so I was planning on trying to edit the look to suit the era a bit better - grainier, desaturated a bit, a little blur maybe...but I can't get anything to work at all so I'm far away from achieving my 80s look lol.

I downloaded reshade from guru 3d and installed it, unchecked the shaders I didn't want and got the iinstalled correctly message etc. When I go to start the game it crashes on loading screen each time and won't run. If I uninstall then it works fine again - very odd... I'm about ready to give up on injectors as neither sweetfx or reshare works for me despite me seemingly installing them both correctly...

1 thing to note, I am installing this on the extended demo, would that make a difference?
I have 2 installs on my laptop, 1 full game with 18/19 infinity patch and@ciais mods on which I use as my career. The other is extended demo with moddingway patch installed and then classic serie a patch on top of that. This classic patch installed on extended demo is what I am trying to edit the look of, it's full of teams from the 80s so I was planning on trying to edit the look to suit the era a bit better - grainier, desaturated a bit, a little blur maybe...but I can't get anything to work at all so I'm far away from achieving my 80s look lol.

I suppose you are selecting the right DirectX in the Reshade settings?

I suppose you are selecting the right DirectX in the Reshade settings?
I tried both dx10+ and open gl when 10+ didn't work.
I didn't try 9 because I didn't think that was the correct version, maybe I should give that a go to see though?
I suck at this lol

Ciais, is it possible to alter the ball physics with your tweaks? One of the problems FIFA 16 always had was that sometimes it feels like the ball has no friction when it contacts the ground and seems to roll forever.

I disagree. Because lesser friction = more throws. Look at new PES games... there are very few throws which is very unrealistic.

@rsl1 I am using this one with the extended demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m7a9wu94mdbg2e3/ReShade.rar/file

Simply put the content of the compressed archive inside your game folder and you should be good to go.
Cool, thankyou I will try this when I get home later.

On a related note, I tried selecting dx9 this morning before work after @Chuny mentioned the dx version and the game didn't crash but there were no visual differences either.

Hopefully the file you just shared will work.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far

Random note/praise...I am loving the @Ciais mod more and more every time I play. I had some magic moments last night in my Forest career - it's so much better than the current version of both games. I haven't played either version of 19 since I installed this

Random note/praise...I am loving the @Ciais mod more and more every time I play. I had some magic moments last night in my Forest career - it's so much better than the current version of both games. I haven't played either version of 19 since I installed this

Yes you can't praise it enough. If people just knew... this is from a different planet compared to other football games.

Back
Top Bottom