FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Oh I was using those! But with the vanilla gameplay, didn't realize they were for the Supernova patch. Cheers!

P.S. Love and appreciate all your efforts with Fifa and PES.

I spent a couple of hours last night switching back and forth between 16, 17 and 18, and ended up just feeling massively frustrated. I don't think I'm looking for perfection, but maybe I am.

16 is probably the best balance of the bunch, but as @Topaz has already said, I can play as Liverpool against Huddersfield or against Hartlepool and their ability is the same. Everything feels a bit claustrophobic, and pace/excitement seems restricted. Plus, you have those moments when the AI goes into tiki-taka mode and you know a goal's coming (same as when 18 switches into ultra-fast-passing mode when something changes, e.g. you substitute better players for worse players, and the game goes "well I should be winning now").

17 (no gameplay mods) is the start of that "weird" feeling in the gameplay, for me. The ball moves in an instant, odd manner. Playing on slow seems to make the players move at a realistic speed, but the ball speed (and the AI players' response times) don't slow down. Even turning down pass speed, you just end up with a monster where the AI will either hit crawling "normal" passes and decent-speed "hard" passes, or decent-speed "normal" passes and ROCKET "hard" passes. Maybe a mod could help.

18 (no gameplay mods) just makes me want to set the hard drive on fire. The AI never changes. They get possession, hit it to the striker, who knocks it back to a central midfielder and bombs forward - a few passes later they're having a shot. The most dumbed-down, 10-year-old FUT-style attack attack attack crap. 16's AI seems very samey to me, but at least it passes the ball around. (I've checked out videos of Fidel's gameplay mods and when the AI gets the ball - even if the game as a whole is slowed right down - they still just aim for the striker, every single time.)

I'll keep trying with 16 tonight...

I'm looking to perfection too. I love when the game looks realistic as possible, but i also know it's only a game and must be some arcade in it. Last days also came back to Fifa 16 (played more than 400 hours overall).
Resuming I'm in love with Fifa 16 and Fidel's cl.ini ver. 3.2 imo it's better than Supernova who also made a good gameplay. And i prefer latest Matt10 sliders.

I'm looking to perfection too. I love when the game looks realistic as possible, but i also know it's only a game and must be some arcade in it. Last days also came back to Fifa 16 (played more than 400 hours overall).
Resuming I'm in love with Fifa 16 and Fidel's cl.ini ver. 3.2 imo it's better than Supernova who also made a good gameplay. And i prefer latest Matt10 sliders.
Where can I find that Fidel gameplay?

Why do you find it better than Supernova's, what are the key differences?

EDIT: Have to admit, after changing the sliders around a little (slightly higher sprint speed than default) and forcing a few gaps in the AI's play by stretching the lines, FIFA 16 is sparking into life a bit for me. Had a really good few games over lunch using Coventry in League Two.

My only problem is I'm having tons of 0-0s...

Last edited:
For me it's slower pace even on normal speed settings. Player movement looks better. There is more variety. A lot real life situations, more phisicality. Supernova gp has better ball phisics. Sorry i have no videos from last matches, but had a lot real life goals and plays. I can send U a link to this .ini file just need to come back home from work.

EDIT: Forgot something, Chris, You can follow Fidel's Fifa 16 thread on soccergaming forum and You can also find a gameplay patch there. As I said, I can help when I will be at home.

Well I'm reading some txt file about his gameplay mod where fidel writes:
"Realistic AI passing system (now the CPUAI player with ball don't want only pass pass and pass and move like crazy),
it want to wait also your (human) move or attempt. CPUAI passing errors are also increased a lot (especially for poor rated players/teams)."

If someone is familiar and knows which lines and parameters do this, it will be awesome. I find it a bit frustrating that there's always close to zero comments and docs on how different parameters affect the game. I realise there's a lot of guesswork involved but when a strong claim is made, the question about which part of the code does what is a fair one. And I believe supernova's gameplay does this as well, I'd say the AI makes more bad clearances and dribble more between passing (perhaps too much in some cases), but when attacking they're still too good with really high pass completion %.

I will be giving this a try though.

I've just read this post on SoccerGaming, it looks like Supernova updated the latest Moddingway database (on March 6th 2018) with some player edits that he says help to bring the most out of his latest cl.ini. Apparently four attributes are set to 1 for every player... No idea which...

come to think of it reducing stats doesn't make much sense for CM though, does it?
you could reduce the best players to a 70 ovr to alter the gameplay but then you would get new players coming in from the youth academy with better stats than everyone else.

Thing with Modded databases is that you can't continue your career mode. You have to reset the squads in order for the new database attributes to be loaded and start over.

So after playing both FIFA 17 and FIFA 16 modded, here are some of my scoreline in my Everton career mode 1st season.

FIFA 16(Modded):
-----------------
Everton 0-0 Stoke City
Man City 1-4 Everton
Chelsea 0-2 Everton
Everton 3-2 Tottenham
Man Utd 0-3 Everton
Everton 1-3 Bournemouth
Everton 0-2 Burnley
-----------------

Fifa 17(Modded):
--------------------
Everton 3-1 Stoke City
Man City 6-1 Everton
Chelsea 5-0 Everton
Everton 0-2 Tottenham
Man Utd 1-4 Everton
Everton 5-0 Bournemouth
Everton 1-1 Burnley
--------------------

Will record and upload a video soon. FIFA 16 gets a bit boring and repetitive after a while. Maybe I should test Fidel's gameplay patch next. It's so easy to catch up with any players in FIFA 16 which is probably why I don't concede a lot of goals in FIFA 16.

So after playing both FIFA 17 and FIFA 16 modded, here are some of my scoreline in my Everton career mode 1st season.

FIFA 16(Modded):
-----------------
Everton 0-0 Stoke City
Man City 1-4 Everton
Chelsea 0-2 Everton
Everton 3-2 Tottenham
Man Utd 0-3 Everton
Everton 1-3 Bournemouth
Everton 0-2 Burnley
-----------------

Fifa 17(Modded):
--------------------
Everton 3-1 Stoke City
Man City 6-1 Everton
Chelsea 5-0 Everton
Everton 0-2 Tottenham
Man Utd 1-4 Everton
Everton 5-0 Bournemouth
Everton 1-1 Burnley
--------------------

Will record and upload a video soon. FIFA 16 gets a bit boring and repetitive after a while. Maybe I should test Fidel's gameplay patch next. It's so easy to catch up with any players in FIFA 16 which is probably why I don't concede a lot of goals in FIFA 16.
Spent the last few hours playing 16 and 17, and I totally agree. I don't think 16 is going to be for me. Started a Champions League with Qarabag (the worst team) and on Professional, World Class or Legendary I was playing just as well as Liverpool were. There was no sense of a gap in quality, in my opinion.

Please let me know if you upload your 17 gameplay files because I've no idea what I'm doing... I've managed to disable adaptive difficulty but that's about it.

Is there any way to release your FIFA 18 career mode / match sim mods for 17 too?

Have you played 18 recently?

Last edited:
Spent the last few hours playing 16 and 17, and I totally agree. I don't think 16 is going to be for me. Started a Champions League with Qarabag (the worst team) and on Professional, World Class or Legendary I was playing just as well as Liverpool were. There was no sense of a gap in quality, in my opinion.

Please let me know if you upload your 17 gameplay files because I've no idea what I'm doing... I've managed to disable adaptive difficulty but that's about it.

Is there any way to release your FIFA 18 career mode / match sim mods for 17 too?

Have you played 18 recently?

Posted it here. Try it out and let me know how it plays.

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-17-pc-discussion.76664/page-17

I think we can all agree that no PES or FIFA from PS3/XBOX360 gen onwards were made with the worst/lower-league teams in mind. I think not Konami nor EA really expect anyone to play with any team below 3 stars out of 5. That's why when you pick the lowest ranked teams you can adopt the same style of play as with a 3 or 4 stars one.
And because I have never ever played with such teams, I've never experienced that kind of frustration.

I like playing with good players and that's why I don't feel let down by FIFA 16, because I can do what they could do in real life.

I think we can all agree that no PES or FIFA from PS3/XBOX360 gen onwards were made with the worst/lower-league teams in mind. I think not Konami nor EA really expect anyone to play with any team below 3 stars out of 5. That's why when you pick the lowest ranked teams you can adopt the same style of play as with a 3 or 4 stars one.
I agree, and I could accept that - because I'll be honest, now all the Premier League stadiums are in the game, I feel like I'm missing out playing anywhere else (lower league, or different country).

However - last night, all my testing was a 3-star team against a 4.5-star team (Qarabag v Liverpool), controlling an alternate team across 10+ games, on FIFA 16 (modded), 17 and 18. Not two rubbish lower-league teams.

I think the balance is better overall in FIFA 16 for sure, but as Qarabag (across the top three difficulties), I could control the game, and Liverpool couldn't score. When I swapped to control Liverpool, I didn't feel like I had a fitter, or stronger, or more talented team - I could get down the wings just as easily with either team.

FIFA 17, in my opinion, shows the pace and the "scariness" of Liverpool on the break. But I've noticed that when I'm trying to pass the ball forwards, my players will slowly jog on towards the goal (not the ball) while the opposition defender ROCKETS towards the ball and intercepts.

That's just scratching the surface of the issues - you've also got the weird AI-only ball physics where they pass at 200mph (whilst doing tiki-taka), tackling is next-to-impossible on occasion, as is dribbling (because the AI's tackling is fine)... Etc...

As for FIFA 18 - ultra-fast physically-impossible swivels to hit a first-time pass straight to the striker over and over again with no thought towards tactics or "team traits" whatsoever (what a complete lie that was on EA's part).

The thing with 18 is, I feel like if it could be dragged (kicking and screaming) back to having 17's attitude towards moving up the pitch (i.e. not just smashing it forward for 90 minutes), it could be brilliant. But I'm not a FIFA editor, so I don't know how you'd begin to change the AI's decision-making (it's not just "lower these attributes by X" because it's not about player ability, it's about the AI's pass choices).

I'm trying Fidel's CL.ini in the mix. I feel like between all this mods and Matt's sliders plus some tweaks of mine, I'm moulding a really nice soccer experience honestly.
I've started a career with Inter yesterday at Legendary, and had two really beautiful games against Fiorentina (lost 1 a 2) and As Roma (victory, scored the 0-1 with an header on a cross from free kick, then more or less parked the bus resisting multiple of their assaults.. had a really nice feel overall, loving especially the build up and the midfield battles).

Only thing that I really hate, are this nets. They feel so fake and honestly they kinda detract from the moment of scoring. I wish there was a way to mod Fifa 18 superb ones on this games..

I'm trying Fidel's CL.ini in the mix. I feel like between all this mods and Matt's sliders plus some tweaks of mine, I'm moulding a really nice soccer experience honestly.
Any chance of sharing Fidel's CL.ini (I can only see it in packages that will fiddle with my Moddingway install) and your own tweaks? :)

It's very hard to find your personal balance. Legendary can be infuriating. On the other hand I'm surprised at how easy it is to play semi/manual in this game. There are also more flaws that i had forgotten about. The AI seems to shoot most penalties right in the middle for example, and I find it a bit too easy to score from free kicks.

Also it's funny how 16 gets the end of match highlights just right. It's a minor thing, but every important moment is there. 18 really screwed this up I think. There are so many shots hitting the posts and sometimes goals, that the game highlights will be painting a totally random abstract picture of the game. Even goals can be excluded, and the game somehow thinks that GKs punching the ball on a random cross is important.

I have fifa memories, or rather nightmares, of easily beating top sides and losing from mediocre ones but so far I'm lucky, this hasn't been the case for me. Is it my cl.ini? Is it the demo version that i'm using because team tactics are supposed to work? I don't know frankly. Maybe this will happen in the future in my cm, and if it happens I can see myself taking a long break from 16 again. Most of the time I'm just enjoying the proper ball size and physics in this game, and tolerate the flaws :)

Any chance of sharing Fidel's CL.ini (I can only see it in packages that will fiddle with my Moddingway install) and your own tweaks? :)

If you download the package "FIFA_16_NEW_GP_EVO_AI_2.0_BETA_2_FULL_COMBO" from fidel's drive and unzip it, you can just grab the cl.ini and ignore the rest of the files. Just remove these lines though, it messed up the menu for me:

FREE_ROAM_BALL_ID=100
FREE_ROAM_BOOT_ARENA_ID=250

I'm also enjoying supernova's v.1.02 gameplay. It's not the version included in the mw patch but can be downloaded separately from moddingway.

Last edited:
It's very hard to find your personal balance. Legendary can be infuriating. On the other hand I'm surprised at how easy it is to play semi/manual in this game. There are also more flaws that i had forgotten about. The AI seems to shoot most penalties right in the middle for example, and I find it a bit too easy to score from free kicks.

Also it's funny how 16 gets the end of match highlights just right. It's a minor thing, but every important moment is there. 18 really screwed this up I think. There are so many shots hitting the posts and sometimes goals, that the game highlights will be painting a totally random abstract picture of the game. Even goals can be excluded, and the game somehow thinks that GKs punching the ball on a random cross is important.

I have fifa memories, or rather nightmares, of easily beating top sides and losing from mediocre ones but so far I'm lucky, this hasn't been the case for me. Is it my cl.ini? Is it the demo version that i'm using because team tactics are supposed to work? I don't know frankly. Maybe this will happen in the future in my cm, and if it happens I can see myself taking a long break from 16 again. Most of the time I'm just enjoying the proper ball size and physics in this game, and tolerate the flaws :)

The demo is special.

My tweak is just an higher FT error on the sliders (78 user-75 cpu), for the rest it's the same as Matt's.

For Fidel's ini.. I just extracted one from his latest GP and substituted it with Supernova's one. I have no idea if there are other ones more apt for this but I can see differences between the two. The play feels way more physical as somebody else said yesterday, and I also had more fouls.

By the way, judging by your posts above, I don't know if this will be any game changing for you.. personally, while I play this Fifa I'm thinking less in terms of 360 degrees realism and plausibility, and focusing more on the experience of having single games that "kick in" and feel coherent overall, and in these days I must say Fifa 16 is giving me enough satisfaction in this regard.. I have games in which a lot of stuff happens, the cpu seem to cover the field decently and I personally feel a really good individuality when I control weak or strong players. For example for some of you this doesn't seem to be the experience and I doubt there is something so different in what I have than you. It's just that we have different approaches or focus.

If anything, for having every single team playing different, maybe we should give a (good) touch to custom tactics more than else, assuming they work enough to make a true difference .. I doubt cl.ini or sliders alone could do much in that sense.

Is it true that I can't choose rain (or any other weather except clear), when playing in the stadium, loaded with File Server?

Noticed that Moddingway released their patch for fifa 2014 as well a few days ago. Some people may be interested. I will be trying it out, maybe I can live with modded pes6/fifa 14/fifa 16 *demo* for many months to come.

When I'm testing a change or an edit in the demo version I can't stop playing my test match, fifa16 with the latest EA patch though? Definitely not for me guys. It's just too fast, and I am getting results similar to those posted by Topaz.

Man, just to say I'm still having a blast with this Fifa 16.. fourteen games in season with Inter literally fly by.. either I win or I lose, I feel like I'm playing soccer in sooo many ways and most importantly, I'm not getting frustrated at all. This has always been one of my most important testing grounds for a soccer game.. if I lose and I'm still having fun, then there is definitely something special about it.

This is the modded Broadcast camera I'm using: http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/CAbEsc0J/file.html
Extract to FIFA 16 main folder and regenerate.

And here are the Reshade profiles I've been working on (some are horrible, I'll admit it, but there are some others that are pretty damn good IMO).

http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/WJCPuzn9/file.html

Again, extract to FIFA 16 main folder.
Once you've extracted the content, open the file 'd3d11.ini' and change the paths according to where you've extracted the files (pointing to YOUR FIFA 16 folder).

If something goes wrong and Reshade fails to start or if it shows any error messages, then it's because you've done something wrong there. So please double check your d3d11.ini file.

Please let me know if it worked and which preset do you like the most (if any at all).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom