FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Cpu-controlled player's individuality is always a problem in FIFA. FIFA 16 is no different. Individuality controlling players is sublime. When you play with Messi, you feel the stats having influence. But that's not the case with the cpu, or much less.

I've seen Ronaldo on the flank doing run, but never cutting in against Real, i've seen midfielders like Kanté everywhere but protecting the backline, i've seen Busquets making lot of long range effort, etc... These are not right, and that is why i feel like pes golden era 3-6 has the edge over this fifa, because most of other things are sublime.

I don't know if it is a demo thing but I actually find that cpu controlled top players are pretty good in terms of the way they play and how dangerous they are. I had a game against barca where Messi scored beauties and was master dribbling me using all kind of feints. Not only him, Robben is a nightmare of a player to handle. I will try to upload short videos to document what I am saying because my streaming quality is quite poor on twitch (was good few month ago and now it is s**t no idea why).

Chuny, I will post picture of pitches as soon as I get a chance.

I am starting to have the issue where there isn't much difference between teams. I have played two matches, first being morecambe fc and beating Barcelona 4-0 and then using Barcelona and got beaten by Morcambe 2-1. There are no team identity sadly. Morecambe had 65% possession with 95 passing completion against Barcelona and being a 1 star team vs 6 star makes no difference. I really love the gameplay and the player controls. When I control a player, they all feel different and the dribbling is so fluid and the whole gameplay is 0% clunky. However when CPU controls Messi, he becomes and average player who I can easily defend even with 40 rated defenders. I just wish I could implement the CPU controlled player individuality and team individuality into this game because it's so fun. But it kills immersion when I can beat world class teams so easily and then get thrashed against lower rated teams. I guess you can't have everything.

Which sliders/difficulty level are you, using Topaz?

I think the general theme in Fifa 16 it's more like having a generic IA that respond to different situations in a different way for all the teams rather than some really accurate different way of playing, so in a sense you are right to say that they tend to play more or less all the same, but at the same time with Champion lvl/supernova patch/Matt's sliders (with some small variation like a little lower Ft error as 100 was too much for me), I feel like I'm having a good different experience using/against strong and lesser teams. For example, I was using Psg and Real Madrid against italian serie b teams like Parma anche easily recognize their bad touches, or outrun/outplay them with stars and viceversa. And I also can feel a good player trying to get past me from a bad one.

This always talking about friendlies, of course.. now that I think about it, I remember some big bullshit in career years ago, so as I already said I have no idea if in career the super script kicks in, and I'm honestly not in a big hurry to find out since I'm having so much fun with just exhibitions...

Which sliders/difficulty level are you, using Topaz?

I think the general theme in Fifa 16 it's more like having a generic IA that respond to different situations in a different way for all the teams rather than some really accurate different way of playing, so in a sense you are right to say that they tend to play more or less all the same, but at the same time with Champion lvl/supernova patch/Matt's sliders (with some small variation like a little lower Ft error as 100 was too much for me), I feel like I'm having a good different experience using/against strong and lesser teams. For example, I was using Psg and Real Madrid against italian serie b teams like Parma anche easily recognize their bad touches, or outrun/outplay them with stars and viceversa. And I also can feel a good player trying to get past me from a bad one.

This always talking about friendlies, of course.. now that I think about it, I remember some big bullshit in career years ago, so as I already said I have no idea if in career the super script kicks in, and I'm honestly not in a big hurry to find out since I'm having so much fun with just exhibitions...

The scripting at times also plays in my favor. I went through the whole Barca midfield and defense with a 50 rated player probably due to the script. I will apply those patches and sliders and will record a video to showcase what it is like after that.

The scripting at times also plays in my favor. I went through the whole Barca midfield and defense with a 50 rated player probably due to the script. I will apply those patches and sliders and will record a video to showcase what it is like after that.

Personally, I downloaded the whole moddingway patch. Its a lot of stuff to download (more then 7 giga), but in my opinion if you are seriously planning to pick up Fifa 16 again, it is completely worth it.. it has transfers and teams to date, supernova gameplay patch included, an incredible number of (of course up to date too) kits (even mixed ones at least for the most popular teams) and a lot of other excellent stuff.. if you don't feel like it, I'm pretty sure you can just download Supernova GP separately tho..

The vanilla experience is still not bad imho, but I'm having an incredible blast with the whole package and it isn't slowing a little for now.. I just came out from an FA cup game (just simple Cup mode) Man Utd (me) vs Leicester under the rain, a final dirty 0 a 0 in which I saw a penalty kick for me (missed), a red card that forced me to play in ten for 70 minutes and an hard game full of randomness, missing opportunities and moments in which I would replay stuff..

Then again, we are all different, this Fifa isn't certainly perfect and your experience may very well be another one. As I said I wasn't really disliking vanilla either (although slider adjusted), so maybe you're not gonna fully like it anyway even patched. Only thing I'm pretty sure, is that now I could never touch 18 or 17 again after playing this..

Personally, I downloaded the whole moddingway patch. Its a lot of stuff to download (more then 7 giga), but in my opinion if you are seriously planning to pick up Fifa 16 again, it is completely worth it.. it has transfers and teams to date, supernova gameplay patch included, an incredible number of (of course up to date too) kits (even mixed ones at least for the most popular teams) and a lot of other excellent stuff.. if you don't feel like it, I'm pretty sure you can just download Supernova GP separately tho..

The vanilla experience is still not bad imho, but I'm having an incredible blast with the whole package and it isn't slowing a little for now.. I just came out from an FA cup game (just simple Cup mode) Man Utd (me) vs Leicester under the rain, a final dirty 0 a 0 in which I saw a penalty kick for me (missed), a red card that forced me to play in ten for 70 minutes and an hard game full of randomness, missing opportunities and moments in which I would replay stuff..

Then again, we are all different, this Fifa isn't certainly perfect and your experience may very well be another one. As I said I wasn't really disliking vanilla either (although slider adjusted), so maybe you're not gonna fully like it anyway even patched. Only thing I'm pretty sure, is that now I could never touch 18 or 17 again after playing this..

Honestly I love pretty much all the other aspects and it's the perfect FIFA gameplay wise. If the gameplay patch can make CPU controlled teams play a bit differently and vary in strength between 1 star team and 6 star team and make CPU controlled Messi and Ronaldo dangerous, then it's a perfect game for me. I honestly hope so. I am killing for an enjoyable footie game for a while.

I updated the sliders a bit since I'm pretty deep into FIFA 16 now. If anyone's interested, they're also on the google drive:

Updated the sliders a bit for FIFA 16. These have worked out great:

World Class/Legendary, 10-15 minutes

Sprint: 50/50

Accel: 48/48

Shot Error: 52/52

Pass Error: 62/62

Shot Speed: 51/51

Pass Speed: 45/40

Injury Freq: 64/64

Injury Sev: 4/4

GK Ability: 50/50

Marking: 68/68

Run Freq: 1/1

Height :60/65

Length: 40/40

Width: 52/52

FB Pos: 100/100

FT Control: 40/40

Having played some games with and without supernova's cl.ini I think that this is what makes the difference. I need more games to be sure, but so far I can say that it's the .ini that makes the AI play scrappier, less tiki taka, more long balls, less direct and I think this is what helps in keeping the pressure on and dominating weaker sides.

Now that doesn't mean I'm completely sold. I had a game against cardiff where I was leading 3-0 thinking "well this game feels nice and it is realistic but how will I ever lose this match if I play it again and again?". It was on World Class, so I suppose I could switch to Legendary but then again I also lost 2-0 to a top team in a previous game, so I don't know. Wish I knew which lines do the magic because I could maybe settle on a 50/50 mix of vanilla + supernova's gameplay.

(Also I'm not using the latest version that comes with the mw patch, I thought there's some weird stuff going on with that, I saw an AI GK trying to dribble his way to the middle of the park, so I downloaded an older version!).

Last edited:
I've played a few games so far (only a handful of career mode games) and... I don't know. It's too early to judge properly yet, so take this opinion with a pinch of salt, but...

(FIFA 16, latest Moddingway, 17/18 winter database, Supernova's gameplay.)

It's certainly a more "solid" game (I feel in control of my passing game for a start, the power/path of the ball makes a lot more sense than the weird nature of it in FIFA 18).

But I played a few as Liverpool, gave the ball to Mané, and... It just didn't feel right, there was no bursting away from defenders and causing havoc in defence. He didn't feel like a danger. It didn't feel spectacular to get him on the ball, it just felt like he was slightly stronger than the average player, if anything.

I'd like to play some FIFA 17 (I've got it updated to 17/18) but I know @Topaz has said there's gameplay mods out there for it that help - but I don't know which ones are worth trying. (All input is welcome!)

For me, though, what makes it obvious that 17 is the start of "the rot" is that @Matt10's last slider set for it has CPU passing speed set to 30-something, while the user's is 45 or so. When you have to set something that much lower than the default (and you do)... Something is wrong with the game.

EDIT: And I really hate FIFA 18. The AI is only interested in getting the ball to the striker ASAP. The game speeds up out of nowhere (if not literally, then just in terms of how the AI plays - from long-balls to the wingers, to perfect tiki-taka when the "we need a goal" script-switch is flicked). Defending is absolute pot-luck, and 9 times out of 10 my defender will stab-tackle thin air and watch the striker go past. I've tried and tried to like it, but it's the worst FIFA since pre-13. (In my opinion.)

Last edited:
I've played a few games so far (only a handful of career mode games) and... I don't know. It's too early to judge properly yet, so take this opinion with a pinch of salt, but...

It's certainly a more "solid" game (I feel in control of my passing game for a start, the power/path of the ball makes a lot more sense than the weird nature of it in FIFA 18).

But I played a few as Liverpool, gave the ball to Mané, and... It just didn't feel right, there was no bursting away from defenders and causing havoc in defence. He didn't feel like a danger. It didn't feel spectacular to get him on the ball, it just felt like he was slightly stronger than the average player, if anything.

I'd like to play some FIFA 17 (I've got it updated to 17/18) but I know @Topaz has said there's gameplay mods out there for it that help - but I don't know which ones are worth trying. (All input is welcome!)

For me, though, what makes it obvious that 17 is the start of "the rot" is that @Matt10's last slider set for it has CPU passing speed set to 30-something, while the user's is 45 or so. When you have to set something that much lower than the default (and you do)... Something is wrong with the game.

EDIT: And I really hate FIFA 18. The AI is only interested in getting the ball to the striker ASAP. The game speeds up out of nowhere (if not literally, then just in terms of how the AI plays - from long-balls to the wingers, to perfect tiki-taka when the "we need a goal" script-switch is flicked). Defending is absolute pot-luck, and 9 times out of 10 my defender will stab-tackle thin air and watch the striker go past. I've tried and tried to like it, but it's the worst FIFA since pre-13. (In my opinion.)

Are you using the right stick to burst speed? I know you are not a trick guy (neither do I) but by double pushing the right stick of your controller with the right timing and right direction you can really beat slower player. I like the idea behind it, you actually need to push your ball further away to take advantage of your player pace so that there is a trade off between your player pace and his ability to control the ball. There is a risk to loose the ball when you do not time it right which I find quite nice. Most pacy players are actually bursting that way in real life, the only counter example I know is Messi who is able to run almost at full speed and always keeping the ball at leg distance from him (he also push the ball to beat defender on stop star accelerations). If you look at Salah or Maney they both push the ball to take advantage of their speed (look on that video:

).

Another thing that I do, when the defender is at shoulder contact with my player, I try to beat him physically, or I try to pass my player shoulder in front of the defender shoulder using the R2 trigger. I doesn't work all the time, but it helps to escape from defenders when in contact with them.

I hope this will help.

Have a look at 11:40 in that video it illustrate it with Sterling or at 12:55 with Sané:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/237698674

Last edited:
Demo version is fully compatible with MW update and Career mode.

Googled some instructions and managed to do it using mostly my legal origin fifa16 install, the official origin demo and then applying the MW patch on top.

There were a couple of tricky points, but it works and I have to say that the demo gameplay is a thing of beauty. It feels perfect with sprint/accel at 50 and pass speed at 50! It's just a bit smoother/slower than the final version and you can tell.

However I think the MW patch is not 100% compatible. I installed it twice to make sure I didn't botch it, but there are plenty of missing faces/heads. Example: Newcastle's Atsu & Ritchie. I have no issue on my full fifa 16 install. Wonder if there's any easy way to fix them?

Last edited:
Googled some instructions and managed to do it using mostly my legal origin fifa16 install, the official origin demo and then applying the MW patch on top.
Just wondering if anything's changed (but I'm guessing not) - when you haven't previously downloaded the FIFA 16 demo (it's not available on the store any more), there's nothing you can do to use this method (other than using someone else's Origin login details to download it), is that right?

Just wondering if anything's changed (but I'm guessing not) - when you haven't previously downloaded the FIFA 16 demo (it's not available on the store any more), there's nothing you can do to use this method (other than using someone else's Origin login details to download it), is that right?

The (pc) demo is definitely still available for download at origin, but I had to use origin's search and type "fifa16 demo" to find it. Not sure if it only allowed me to download it because I had already installed it in the past on my account however.

The (pc) demo is definitely still available for download at origin, but I had to use origin's search and type "fifa16 demo" to find it. Not sure if it only allowed me to download it because I had already installed it in the past on my account however.
It'll be this, because I searched like that and went manually looking through all the categories etc. too. Never mind!

It'll be this, because I searched like that and went manually looking through all the categories etc. too. Never mind!

Wow, you may be right. It says 'game library results'. So maybe I was lucky to have it in my library when it was still available. Kinda sucks if no one else can download it anymore :(

Capture2.PNG

I must say that I really like the dribbling in this game, it feels very intuitive and flowing. Like for example here:

I was able to sprint through Genoa defender and burn him with a double tap of R2 stick, resulting in this nice movement by Bernardeschi that felt really "natural" pad in hand.

Pretty sure I downloaded the demo at the times, but I can't find it anywhere now on Origin.

Anyway, when you download the full game, and after like 3 or 4 giga of 12 it becomes playabale, you launch it and it's basically the demo.. I wonder if it's the same old one..

There were a couple of tricky points, but it works and I have to say that the demo gameplay is a thing of beauty. It feels perfect with sprint/accel at 50 and pass speed at 50! It's just a bit smoother/slower than the final version and you can tell.

However I think the MW patch is not 100% compatible. I installed it twice to make sure I didn't botch it, but there are plenty of missing faces/heads. Example: Newcastle's Atsu & Ritchie. I have no issue on my full fifa 16 install. Wonder if there's any easy way to fix them?

Just install this and the faces bug will disappear.
http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/UTY9kRvA/file.html

There is a reddit thread with most fix available. Search for something like Turk DM method.

Well, thank you both. All missing faces seem fixed now. I will be backing up the demo folder and placing it in a safe vault, this is perfection. Too bad the file server doesn't work with the demo version but maybe I'll keep two CMs going now. One with the demo version and one with the release version + more stadiums and other goodies. Hard drive is getting full, but i'd rather uninstall fifa 18 now...

Well, thank you both. All missing faces seem fixed now. I will be backing up the demo folder and placing it in a safe vault, this is perfection. Too bad the file server doesn't work with the demo version but maybe I'll keep two CMs going now. One with the demo version and one with the release version + more stadiums and other goodies. Hard drive is getting full, but i'd rather uninstall fifa 18 now...

I would be more than happy to share my folder but it is very big, about 70 Giga now and still growing...

Has anyone tried to rename fifa16demo.exe as fifa16.exe, to see if it works with file server ?

Have you disabled Analog Sprint? Do it.
It really sounds odd that you don't feel the individuality and the speed of some quick players.
I haven't really tried Mané to be honest. But like I said in previous messages, De Bruyne and Sané are beats. I can create holes in the defense just but changing the pace. Remember, FIFA has like 4 different types of speed. Regular, Close Control, Spinting and then the speed burst with the left stick. If you know how to combine and time those 4 with a skillful player, the game becomes something special.

I've uploaded a few videos which I hope you've watched in which you can appreciate there's no trick stick or anything like that involved. In case you missed them, here they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqlL8kSPnnxeFqg4ES-Oe1g/videos?view_as=subscriber

Has anyone tried to rename fifa16demo.exe as fifa16.exe, to see if it works with file server ?

Yes I tried, the file server installer refuses to work with fifa16_demo.exe. If you copy the file and rename it to fifa16.exe the install will continue (there are some java errors though). Later once you run server16.exe you can choose the fifa16_demo.exe again and delete the copied exe, and it will happily detect whether the game is running or not. This is great but it will not detect the id's of the selected teams when you're at the match screen so that you can assign a stadium. The memory addresses must be different so I guess someone (the original author I suppose) will have to modify the code so it can work.

I wouldn't give up File Server in exchange for the Demo Gameplay.
The gameplay of the retail version is still very good and Supernova's gameplay made it even better, plus you can experiment with some values in the CL.ini lines and on top of that... Sliders. I'm sure there's a game for each of us, you just have to work a little hard for a few hours trying this and that until you feel happy with the settings. But nah... File Server adds too many things to let it go.

Yeah, I could never play this game without fileserver. The gameplay is better than any version of FIFA out there. Some slider values can definitely be adjusted to make it how you like. @Chris Davies increase user Sprint Speed to like 52, and that will be a start. Just be careful when turning directions without the ball as the agility increases as Sprint Speed does. Try that and see how it feels. You can also implement a length discrepancy as FIFA 16 CPU will honor that more than 17 or 18. I would use 50/40 or 45/40.

I'm wondering, is everyone using supernova gameplay packed with moddingway patch or the full supernova gameplay with stats edited database ?

Pace works for me in FIFA 16 but not in burst like in FIFA 17 and FIFA 18. It seems FIFA 16 have globally reduced the accceleration so now the transition to full pace takes longer. To burst, you have to use right-stick which is kinda meh and my only issue with FIFA 16 gameplay wise.

I tried with the latest moddingway patch, the latest Supernova gameplay patch and the gameplay is wonderful and dynamic. But I beat Barcelona using a 1 star team and they were still poor. It just ruins immersion. For now, I will play world cup tournaments in FIFA 16 and career mode in FIFA 17. @Chris Davies , I will put a lot of download links and how to install it when I get my GPU in 3-4 days as well as installation instruction on my setup.

Back
Top Bottom