FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Oh man the screen looks so much cleaner with only the Trainer enabled and no button prompts. Shame this can't be done on PS4. :(

Funny thing is that back in the day I complained about this not been an option, thought it was an obvious thing to implement and wasted too much time trying all the options thinking "I just can't figure out the right setting!".

Now I figured out how to do it and of course it's just a 10 second job editing a text file which took them a couple of years to implement. Same thing about cameras. Zoom/height settings are close to useless for years. I'd bet real money that it's just as easy to fix for them but no one bothers.

Ehi @Matt10 , sorry to bother you but I have to ask for some help.. I was using Fidel's cl.ini but a bug that I couldn't seem to identify made defenders of both teams quite stupid, so I decided to try out yours (with a few more personal strings).

It's much better overall, I'm not having that bug and I'll gonna keep it for sure.. only problem.. cards by the referee completely disapperead :D .
They are of course turned on in the options in game, and I even added referee card strictness string.. but the ref still doesn't show any card, at the opposite of the old cl.

Do you have an idea of what is going on? Is it just a problem of mine?

Ehi @Matt10 , sorry to bother you but I have to ask for some help.. I was using Fidel's cl.ini but a bug that I couldn't seem to identify made defenders of both teams quite stupid, so I decided to try out yours (with a few more personal strings).

It's much better overall, I'm not having that bug and I'll gonna keep it for sure.. only problem.. cards by the referee completely disapperead :D .
They are of course turned on in the options in game, and I even added referee card strictness string.. but the ref still doesn't show any card, at the opposite of the old cl.

Do you have an idea of what is going on? Is it just a problem of mine?

I'm still seeing cards, I removed it from Supernova's because by default everyone was getting red cards.

I imagine you just replaced the cl.ini , right?

I'm still seeing cards, I removed it from Supernova's because by default everyone was getting red cards.

I imagine you just replaced the cl.ini , right?

Yes, that's what I did. I normally had cards with the old cl.ini so I'm pretty sure that's where the problem is, but if you still have cards with that same file it's surely something that somehow got screwed in my own files.

Thanks anyway, I'll solve it one way or another :) ! Gameplay is fantastic for the rest.

@Madmac79, I have the same problem in serie A, though it doesn't bother me as much as long as there are plenty of fouls. I wonder if it's a league specific thing?

I ended up removing most of the strings in cl.ini as well, only kept about 10 lines which i know what they do. I also had a problem with defenders constantly failing to clear the ball inside the box.

@Madmac79, I have the same problem in serie A, though it doesn't bother me as much as long as there are plenty of fouls. I wonder if it's a league specific thing?

I ended up removing most of the strings in cl.ini as well, only kept about 10 lines which i know what they do. I also had a problem with defenders constantly failing to clear the ball inside the box.

I tried in my career with Liverpool and in a lot of friendlies. No cards at all even after tens and tens of killer tackles. Only time in which I get a yellow card is where I move the barrier forward, during a free kick.. otherwise, nothing.

It's super strange because as I wrote above, with the other cl I get plenty of cards, but even after studying and comparing the two files I can't understand what's making the difference (even because fidel's one has waaay more strings than this). It's a shame since otherwise this is so much better, watching at pure gameplay.

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing this (actually thanks for all things you shared in your post), after Chuny post about camera mod a month ago, I have explored a bit the muse data file and the exe and I have found nice cameras for which you can vary the height and zoom but the player selection icon would not display, only the trainer circle with instructions. Now that you provided tips to remove the annoying trainer instructions I think it could be interesting for some if I share them. I will try to post them this week end, I am currently way to busy with work (well apparently not enough to avoid sneaking in there).

Here is a first set of new cameras, mostly broadcast camera that are normally used in replays but now useable for gameplay thanks to Manmachine trick with the trainer. Others will likely come later

Instructions are in the shared documents

Let me know if you tried it!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/20yjk1311cikkfo/Camera_Pack_Pap.rar

I forgot to mention they can all be edited in term of zoom and height

Here is a first set of new cameras, mostly broadcast camera that are normally used in replays but now useable for gameplay thanks to Manmachine trick with the trainer. Others will likely come later

Thanks for this. Very intersting! I'm looking forward for more cameras and please upload the trainer file without the circle (only the arrow) if possible. :)

Any videos or screenshots of these cameras, mate?
I want to check them before I replace the one I currently use.

I downloaded the pack and couldn't find any images or videos.

Thanks a lot anyways

Hey man! Just wanted to say to you and to @Matt10 that I found out the string that gave me problems in the cl.ini.

It is:
AI_SETTING_ENABLE_HANDBALL = 1

I just deleted it and now I have the usual (abudant, but to me it's fine compared to none at all) yellow and red cards back.

No idea if this line just messed with my specific settings, but I tought it would have been cool to let you guys know anyway :) .

Thanks for this. Very intersting! I'm looking forward for more cameras and please upload the trainer file without the circle (only the arrow) if possible. :)

It is already inside. Copy the data folder (any) and paste it inside your game folder, regenerate the first time you do it and you are ready to go.

Any videos or screenshots of these cameras, mate?
I want to check them before I replace the one I currently use.

I downloaded the pack and couldn't find any images or videos.

Thanks a lot anyways

Yep, sorry, it was a rushed released so no video or picture. It might come later but I have not a lot free time (baby at home ;))

It is already inside. Copy the data folder (any) and paste it inside your game folder, regenerate the first time you do it and you are ready to go.

I believe @Nisoley means a version without the circle. I haven't tried the cameras yet, the only problem is that without the circle, the directional arrow is displayed only when you actually move the analog stick, it won't display if it's centered so that may be a slight problem if used strictly as a substitute for the player indicator icon. Apart from that it's more minimal without the circle and looks better I think.

For that an additional rx3 file is needed, i've uploaded it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZXhAfIXaKCk4x18n6MOkvu0GMViEtsQs/view

Should be placed in fifa16\data\sceneassets\presentation\
create the folder if it does not exist and then regenerate.
If you decide you want the circle back, delete the rx3 file and regenerate again.

I'll update my previous post, a page back, when I have the time.

Also that broadcast camera looks sexy! It's too bad that I can never get used to the broadcast angles (probably not enough patience) so I may have to revert to assisted passing :(

Last edited:
I believe @Nisoley means a version without the circle. I haven't tried the cameras yet, the only problem is that without the circle, the directional arrow is displayed only when you actually move the analog stick, it won't display if it's centered so that may be a slight problem if used strictly as a substitute for the player indicator icon. Apart from that it's more minimal without the circle and looks better I think.

For that an additional rx3 file is needed, i've uploaded it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZXhAfIXaKCk4x18n6MOkvu0GMViEtsQs/view

Should be placed in fifa16\data\sceneassets\presentation\
create the folder if it does not exist and then regenerate.
If you decide you want the circle back, delete the rx3 file and regenerate again.

I'll update my previous post, a page back, when I have the time.

Also that broadcast camera looks sexy! It's too bad that I can never get used to the broadcast angles (probably not enough patience) so I may have to revert to assisted passing :(

Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I modified a little bit and removed the arrow and changed the circle. That's how it looks now:

Tried your cameras @papinho81 ! AWESOME job, all beautiful (even if the box one is just for cosmetic use, right :D?), to me the broadcast main seems like the real deal tho (appreciate a lot also the low one, it is a bit too zoomed out to play comfortably but animations and graphics looks incredible).. now if you guys will be able to make the trainer a bit less intrusive it would be almost perfection.. but with that editing tool I also guess with some patience one would be able to recreate some real stadium cameras, like that guy did on Pes 2018.. the possibilities are endless..

Fifa 16 just keeps getting better anyway, I'm living the second (more like the first maybe) honeymoon I would have never tought possible with this game :D

I lie that red circle, would you mind sharing it? The file or the editing process.
Also you are using the Broadcast high right? Do you like it?

I don't have the file anymore because I'm trying different things but I'll explain the editing process:

Export with CG File Explorer the "presentation_1" and "traininghud_0" from data2/data/sceneassets/presentation. Open "presentation_1" and go to file "0049". That's the arrow from the trainer. I imported a blank png file to deactivate it. After that you can open the "traininghud_0". Here you search for "CMN_PLAYER_CIRCLE". You can export it and edit it like you want.

I tested Broadcast high but sometimes its too high for my taste. I think I must try Broadcast main but overall it's a nice addition. What are the other cameras we can expect?

I don't have the file anymore because I'm trying different things but I'll explain the editing process:

Export with CG File Explorer the "presentation_1" and "traininghud_0" from data2/data/sceneassets/presentation. Open "presentation_1" and go to file "0049". That's the arrow from the trainer. I imported a blank png file to deactivate it. After that you can open the "traininghud_0". Here you search for "CMN_PLAYER_CIRCLE". You can export it and edit it like you want.

I tested Broadcast high but sometimes its too high for my taste. I think I must try Broadcast main but overall it's a nice addition. What are the other cameras we can expect?

Thanks for the tip!

You know you can fully edit the camera to your liking with the tool and instructions provided in the pack. Zoom and height can be very sensitively edited.

I am not sure what would come yet but in theory any camera angle used in replay cameras. Many are not perfect for gameplay because of their weird fix angle like the aka with the photographer one.

Thanks for the tip!

You know you can fully edit the camera to your liking with the tool and instructions provided in the pack. Zoom and height can be very sensitively edited.

I am not sure what would come yet but in theory any camera angle used in replay cameras. Many are not perfect for gameplay because of their weird fix angle like the aka with the photographer one.

I tried Broadcast main but it's too low for my taste. I edited the values with FinalBIG but only zoom seems to work. I tested height values up to 200 but ingame there is no difference. It's my mistake or is it normal?

I tried Broadcast main but it's too low for my taste. I edited the values with FinalBIG but only zoom seems to work. I tested height values up to 200 but ingame there is no difference. It's my mistake or is it normal?

Let me check this afternoon but I think there is a limit value after which nothing happens (around 10(9) and -10(-9)). By the way if you like the height of the Broadcast high, you can still increase the zoom of that one.

Let me check this afternoon but I think there is a limit value after which nothing happens (around 10(9) and -10(-9)). By the way if you like the height of the Broadcast high, you can still increase the zoom of that one.

Yes Broadcast high is almost perfect but only in a few stadiums. I must test some more things but I'm waiting for your results this afternoon.

Unfortunately you are right target height do not really works like intended. It does something but more on an horizontal plan than the vertical one. I will let you know if I find something that help editing the height.

I tried Broadcast Mid and I don't know if this happens to you to but the camera moves a little weird when passing the ball, like... not smooth. I don't know how to explain it. But it doesn't track the ball slowly and smoothly, the camera movements are too stiff.

I tried Broadcast Mid and I don't know if this happens to you to but the camera moves a little weird when passing the ball, like... not smooth. I don't know how to explain it. But it doesn't track the ball slowly and smoothly, the camera movements are too stiff.

I see what you mean. The closer you get from the close side the more pronounced it is. It looks like it is due to the camera needing to follow the ball and at the same time the zoom focus needing to adjust, it gives that strange impression. Also because the zoom difference from one side of the pitch to the other is quite important the zoom focus adjustment needed is large too.
I have also found that depending on which stadium you are using the cameras looks very different. Not sure if they can be used for gameplay after all.

I see what you mean. The closer you get from the close side the more pronounced it is. It looks like it is due to the camera needing to follow the ball and at the same time the zoom focus needing to adjust, it gives that strange impression. Also because the zoom difference from one side of the pitch to the other is quite important the zoom focus adjustment needed is large too.
I have also found that depending on which stadium you are using the cameras looks very different. Not sure if they can be used for gameplay after all.

I have found a fix for those issues. I will share an updated pack soon. I will probably create a thread in the edit fifa section so that I do not hijack this thread.

Back
Top Bottom