FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I wish though that player models would be better.The worst were in Fifa 15.I still remember Rickie Lambert looking like Schwarzenneger in Conan lol.In 16 they're surely better than 15 but still most players look more bulky than they should.
I know that it's a 2 year old game but still.One of the few good things Frostbite brought is that at least it improved that aspect.

Guys, i think it is also important to know which settings you use because the gameplay can be heavily affected by that. I mean :
Slow/Normal/Fast speed ?
Duration of games ?
Full Manual ?
Legacy defending/Tactical defending ?
Difficulty ?
Demo version/1.0 version/last version of FIFA ?
Sliders ?
Etc...

@papinho81 I'm especially interested by your settings, since i will try to install demo version. I saw earlier in this thread, you said we shouldn't install new moddingway updates because of the supernova gameplay, does that still applies?

I am using the extended demo version playing 15mins halfs on legendary with full manual controls and tactical defending. The cam I use is the pro cam with maximum zoom and and the other two setting at the median of 10.

As for the moddingway update what you can do is to remove the gameplay folder inside the "data" folder of the moddingway file then remove the string that says:
data/gameplay/0.ini
data/gameplay/1.ini

Inside the list.txt file before applying the moddingway installer.

I am actually using their very last update, I have only added these lines in my cl.ini to try to lessen cpu perfect alchemy on attack:

[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.70
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.50

Some have already argued they are placebo lines but I found the cpu a bit less frustrating at times on legendary. I am having a good balance with this but again it could be placebo

@papinho81 Could you explain why you think erasing the gameplay strings and the gameplay folder from the Moddingway installer would improve anything?. If you don't want any gameplay modifications, then all you have to do is run the ModdingWay Selector and select "default" gameplay. Why do you go through that extra bit of trouble mate?.

@papinho81 Could you explain why you think erasing the gameplay strings and the gameplay folder from the Moddingway installer would improve anything?. If you don't want any gameplay modifications, then all you have to do is run the ModdingWay Selector and select "default" gameplay. Why do you go through that extra bit of trouble mate?.

Hm, looks like the default gameplay option simply doesn't use supernova's cl.ini? maybe the files in data/gameplay/ are something else? I don't know really.

Maybe a dumb question of my own. But I'm using the latest moddingway mod + sliders + the latest fifa16 patch + cl.ini.
Is the gameplay a bit better on v1.0 and the demo version (I seem to recall the latest official patch was not very well received)?
And most importantly, is the moddingway mod compatible with v.1.0/demo and can you actually play CM with the demo version or just add more teams for kick off mode?

No, no... if you don't select and apply Supernova's gameplay from the ModdingWay Selector, nothing gets modified. There won't even be a CL.INI file at all.

Superstition?...

I had the feeling that the game was different even if I applied the default gameplay, but you know feelings and footy video games...

Nice to see that many people are playing this game again. I'm playing it since release and I hate FIFA 17 and 18. For me FIFA 16 is the new PES 6. I love the gameplay and of course the Modding possibilities. I have now collected almost 500 stadiums and thanks to File Server we can easy implement them.

Demo version is fully compatible with MW update and Career mode.

Yup, I read that somewhere. And they say gameplay is even better when playing with the demo gamplay in the full game.

Superstition?...

I had the feeling that the game was different even if I applied the default gameplay, but you know feelings and footy video games...

Hahaha, rrrright...

Nice to see that many people are playing this game again. I'm playing it since release and I hate FIFA 17 and 18. For me FIFA 16 is the new PES 6. I love the gameplay and of course the Modding possibilities. I have now collected almost 500 stadiums and thanks to File Server we can easy implement them.

Exactly!
FIFA 16 is the HD version of PES 5/6. It even has a File Server which would be the equivalent to PES' KitServer by Master Juce.
I wonder when will we have a 4K version of PES5/6... if ever at all.

I am using the extended demo version playing 15mins halfs on legendary with full manual controls and tactical defending. The cam I use is the pro cam with maximum zoom and and the other two setting at the median of 10.

As for the moddingway update what you can do is to remove the gameplay folder inside the "data" folder of the moddingway file then remove the string that says:
data/gameplay/0.ini
data/gameplay/1.ini

Inside the list.txt file before applying the moddingway installer.

I am actually using their very last update, I have only added these lines in my cl.ini to try to lessen cpu perfect alchemy on attack:

[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.70
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.50

Some have already argued they are placebo lines but I found the cpu a bit less frustrating at times on legendary. I am having a good balance with this but again it could be placebo

I played a Barcelona-Juventus game with these settings, it was a good game. I struggled a bit with tactical defending though, coming from pes 5. Do you use default sliders btw ?

Any tips on defending with tactical defending guys ? Cpu players dribble easily around my defenders, especially near the penalty box...

Maybe a dumb question of my own. But I'm using the latest moddingway mod + sliders + the latest fifa16 patch + cl.ini.
Is the gameplay a bit better on v1.0 and the demo version (I seem to recall the latest official patch was not very well received)?
And most importantly, is the moddingway mod compatible with v.1.0/demo and can you actually play CM with the demo version or just add more teams for kick off mode?

Yup, I read that somewhere. And they say gameplay is even better when playing with the demo gamplay in the full game.

The extended demo version is identical to the full game in terms of every game possibility and modding at the exception that you can't use stadium server because stadium server strictly only works with fifa.exe executable.
You can still add stadiums using tools like CM16 it just takes a lot more time. Also if you use a stdium id that is not in the game by default night games are not lightened properly. They look dark with no shadows. I have replaced every fake EA stadium by an important stadium and I play in every other stadiums on day time only.

In my opinion the demo gameplay worth that concession.

@Chuny http://www.fifaplanet.de/showthread.php/49927-Sammelthread-deutsche-Stadien
its easier here, all stadiums from Bundesliga updated in one post.

I do like that he's updated the Bundesliga stadiums, they look a lot livelier and full of culture, at least going to each stadium should look and feel unique in career mode, like you really are travelling to a new club.

Hate the lack of colour on default FIFA stadiums, Gelsenkirken in particular just looks like stone and steel to me.

Chuny, could you share again your gfx mod please. The link is dead in your thread.
I have tried jeets music graphic mod. It looks awesome but is plagued with many gameplay tweeks that I don't want.

I have tried the pitch texture you shared but as I am using a very close view the pitch look like a synthetic pitch (geometrical implantation of the grass). Could it be that the Sweet fx config I amusing is not good enough (Real vision 2.0)?

Last edited:
Chuny, could you share again your gfx mod please. The link is dead in your thread.
I have tried jeets music graphic mod. It looks awesome but is plagued with many gameplay tweeks that I don't want.

I have tried the pitch texture you shared but as I am using a very close view the pitch look like a synthetic pitch (geometrical implantation of the grass). Could it be that the Sweet fx config I amusing is not good enough (Real vision 2.0)?

Please post a screenshot so that I can understand what you're talking about mate.

I don't have my GFX MOD anymore. That was a long time ago.
But I will share two of my best reshade configs pretty soon! (one for day games and one for night games).

Right now I'm in the process of trying to identify a specific type of pitch I like and assign it to a specific stadium/team. But so far I haven't had luck finding the turf I'm looking for.

Shame all these excellent modding options for this are making the game so much better whilst I'm stuck with the base PS4 version. It plays ok but the AI crosses just ruin the immersion.

Tried the stadiums, works perfectly @Chuny .. man, it feels wonderful to see almost all Serie A covered.. I'm taking down Brazil stadiums right now..

By the way, I'm only playing friendlies so take what I'm saying with a LARGE pinch of salt. I maye even be a bit over hyped as of now, although I see a lot of similar opinions so I feel kinda safe in saying the ensuing.

But, disclaimer ended.. this game, for single player, truly beats 17/18 in a way that isn't even fun. It's a smash, fundamentals are on another entire level. IA, Physicality, randomness, ball physics and God knows what else.. that wasn't a simple impression, this Fifa 16 modded and most of all Ignite portrayed an experience of "alive" soccer like I've surely not felt in this two years, and generally in a really long time.

I've played (champion level) strong teams vs strong teams.. weak against strong and viceversa.. and individuality is excellent, I dominate when I'm supposed to and I'm dominated when I pick a smaller one. No idea if this will transfer in career to be honest.
Last game I played, by the way, was a Cagliari-Verona, two low Serie A table, under the rain by night.. and it felt so damn RIGHT. A VERY faithful simulation of two mediocre teams battling on a bad field. Random balls, bad controls, coherent decisions.. the "small" team soccer that I thought I lost forever.

I must say thank you to people who suggested to give it a try again, I wouldn't ever have thought about it by myself. Fifa 16 modded is purest mountain fresh air in this intoxicated microtransaction atmopshere.

I am starting to have the issue where there isn't much difference between teams. I have played two matches, first being morecambe fc and beating Barcelona 4-0 and then using Barcelona and got beaten by Morcambe 2-1. There are no team identity sadly. Morecambe had 65% possession with 95 passing completion against Barcelona and being a 1 star team vs 6 star makes no difference. I really love the gameplay and the player controls. When I control a player, they all feel different and the dribbling is so fluid and the whole gameplay is 0% clunky. However when CPU controls Messi, he becomes and average player who I can easily defend even with 40 rated defenders. I just wish I could implement the CPU controlled player individuality and team individuality into this game because it's so fun. But it kills immersion when I can beat world class teams so easily and then get thrashed against lower rated teams. I guess you can't have everything.

Shoud be better with this

Glanford Park-Scunthorpe
95c0e1087be6cfb0f59f122d5e0bfc2e.png

Oh, man. Where'd you get that one!? Another one to the collection :)

I am starting to have the issue where there isn't much difference between teams. I have played two matches, first being morecambe fc and beating Barcelona 4-0 and then using Barcelona and got beaten by Morcambe 2-1. There are no team identity sadly. Morecambe had 65% possession with 95 passing completion against Barcelona and being a 1 star team vs 6 star makes no difference. I really love the gameplay and the player controls. When I control a player, they all feel different and the dribbling is so fluid and the whole gameplay is 0% clunky. However when CPU controls Messi, he becomes and average player who I can easily defend even with 40 rated defenders. I just wish I could implement the CPU controlled player individuality and team individuality into this game because it's so fun. But it kills immersion when I can beat world class teams so easily and then get thrashed against lower rated teams. I guess you can't have everything.

Cpu-controlled player's individuality is always a problem in FIFA. FIFA 16 is no different. Individuality controlling players is sublime. When you play with Messi, you feel the stats having influence. But that's not the case with the cpu, or much less.

I've seen Ronaldo on the flank doing run, but never cutting in against Real, i've seen midfielders like Kanté everywhere but protecting the backline, i've seen Busquets making lot of long range effort, etc... These are not right, and that is why i feel like pes golden era 3-6 has the edge over this fifa, because most of other things are sublime.

Back
Top Bottom