FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Just watched the video They does look pretty good, camera looks amazing. Shame about Silvas face, looked like a generic?

Pace & the ball physics looked splendid.

There is tones of David Silva face on the net, a good source is soccergaming. Scarlett (has his own thread there) one is great, all his face are awesome.

Thanks Chuny for sharing your mods!

Chuny you devil. Now I've got to reinstall this...
This is the last game that hooked me enough to play dozens of seasons in career mode.
It's nice to see so many people on the same page when it comes to it's shortcomings as well, the crosses, the 50/50 possession etc. But when it all clicks together it's probably the best game in recent years.

I still vividly remember why I stopped playing though. It must have been that damn adaptive difficulty. I was playing in a lower league battling for promotion with 2 games to go. First game with a mid table opponent, I expected to win this, after all they had nothing to play for yet they destroyed me 3-0 or 4-1, can't remember the exact score but they won maybe 90% of all loose balls and physical battles. Last game was with another team battling for promotion. Now I had to win this, it's us or them. What a climax, right?! Of course I go on to win it 2-0 and they hardly had a shot on goal. Promotion won, immersion forever lost. Never played the next season.

Why do they keep ruining good games with ugly scripting/adaptive diff. bs? I'll never know... After all this time, can this be modded out of the game? If yes, I will be in heaven.

Last edited:
Man, only the vanilla game and @Matt10 's latest sliders and I'm already having a BLAST.

Physicality.. rhytm.. based on this bunch of friendlies, this feels way more "soccer" than everything we had after.. although I liked 17 enough, I admit I might not have explored this game as it would have deserved.. oh well, here we are now. Moddingway patch in download :) .

Man, player's inertia and most of all the ball physics feels light ahead from 17 and 18. I guess this was Ignite's peak. It's the first time I'm actually hyped for a sport game so old to come from work tomorrow and play it more :D.

If you've made it through successfully let me know and I'll suggest a few more stuff, like File Server (with Stadiums, Scoreboards), faces, etc.

Ehi Chuny, I installed all that.. thanks, the MW patch is indeed incredible.. by the way, would love to see your suggestions for stadiums :)..

Man, player's inertia and most of all the ball physics feels light ahead from 17 and 18. I guess this was Ignite's peak. It's the first time I'm actually hyped for a sport game so old to come from work tomorrow and play it more :D.

Ehi Chuny, I installed all that.. thanks, the MW patch is indeed incredible.. by the way, would love to see your suggestions for stadiums :)..

Funny you should mention intertia. Literally, amazing. Before you read your post I started uploading a little video with two little dribbling animations pushed by momentum and intertia. None of that exists in FIFA 17 nor 18. Maybe A LITTLE in PES 2018, but not enough IMHO.

BTW, regarding stadiums, you can get all of them (or a good portion) right from these links:

http://www.soccergaming.com/index.p...adium-packs-stadium-server-cgfs-16-v2.184319/

http://www.moddingway.com/category.html?zone=files&nav=0&category=326

http://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/category/fifa-16/stadiums-fifa-16/

Also, check this guy's thread. He's done some of the best stadiums. Long post but worthy checking the whole of it out: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/daniels-stadiums.185195/

You're going to need File Server, and I suggest you read the help files as well as watch the tutorial videos on Youtube on how to work with that tool in order to assign Stadiums for each team and/or leagues, tournaments, rounds, etc.

Funny you should mention intertia. Literally, amazing. Before you read your post I started uploading a little video with two little dribbling animations pushed by momentum and intertia. None of that exists in FIFA 17 nor 18. Maybe A LITTLE in PES 2018, but not enough IMHO.

BTW, regarding stadiums, you can get all of them (or a good portion) right from these links:

http://www.soccergaming.com/index.p...adium-packs-stadium-server-cgfs-16-v2.184319/

Also, check this guy's thread. He's done some of the best stadiums. Long post but worthy checking the whole of it out: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/daniels-stadiums.185195/

You're going to need File Server, and I suggest you read the help files as well as watch the tutorial videos on Youtube on how to work with that tool in order to assign Stadiums for each team and/or leagues, tournaments, rounds, etc.

Hey how did you fix the player pace issue?

Hey how did you fix the player pace issue?

I honestly don't know what you're talking about, matey. Like I said in my previous answer to your claim regarding speed and pace, I never had that happening with 16. Reason why I loved it when it came out and still do to this day, even more so now.

But I encourage you to try Supernova's latest gameplay and I can share my Sliders (nothing special) to you if that helps

Started a CM and it's hard to put down.
This must be the last game where the AI act like humans. You can wrong foot them, they make plenty of bad passes/touches, you can defend properly and not feel helpless all the time, they pass the ball back and sideways, matches can be cagey (no 20 shots in the first 20 minutes making me feel tired, bored and indifferent, i'm looking at you fifa18), but a goal can change everything and the game can become end to end but it feels organic. And it's great pressing lesser teams up the pitch as they try to keep possession or just clear the ball. NO constant driven balls to the striker and when they do try it a bad touch and a quick turn of possession is more likely. Amazing how good it feels now, in comparison with the current games.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about, matey. Like I said in my previous answer to your claim regarding speed and pace, I never had that happening with 16. Reason why I loved it when it came out and still do to this day, even more so now.

But I encourage you to try Supernova's latest gameplay and I can share my Sliders (nothing special) to you if that helps

Maybe I might be mixing another FIFA. I will give it another shot now.

Before I download this and mod it again, do you have any videos? Especially against poorer teams. Because last time I remember, teams like Seattle Sounders were just as good as Barcelona/Real Madrid.

No. Only the videos I've been uploading.
Annyways, you can always back up your files and restore them again later if you don't like it.

Doesn't get smaller than this first match:

Scunthorpe v Southend United

The strength and the midfield play I really miss those. Downloading it again on my new PC guys. Only issue I see on that video is how accurate CPU is at passing but it's similar issue to even FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 so I will get use to that. Hopefully this forum will be active again now that we are all going back to FIFA 16.

The strength and the midfield play I really miss those. Downloading it again on my new PC guys. Only issue I see on that video is how accurate CPU is at passing but it's similar issue to even FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 so I will get use to that. Hopefully this forum will be active again now that we are all going back to FIFA 16.

Bare in mind that you can fix that very easily with sliders.
Plus, Matt may be using a different gameplay patch than I am.
In my game (on Professional anyways) CPU makes a lot of mistakes when passing the ball.

@Topaz As you can see, no problem with speed for Sané at all...

And also, this lovely penalty I got. I don't know why, but I loved the way the defender dragged Jesus leg. Looked realistic to me.

Last edited:
Remember, FIFA is coded for "dribble...dribble...pass". It won't be perfect in terms of the CPU perfect passing, etc. I personally prefer the CPU pass with caution, which confirms to me my defense is actually doing its job. I think FIFA 16 does a fantastic job and balancing the two elements of good defensive positioning with a mix of maintaining possession and forcing passes.

@Chuny I'm using Supernova's gameplay, but removed a lot of the code that I didn't find useful. There is an aggression value there that is making for some weird animations on the defensive side. That's not to say it's the Supernova patch alone, as I do have my own custom sliders that can always play a role. Regardless though, I've got the perfect balance of what I needed from Supernova's patch and how my sliders I'm using can compliment.

Installing the turf patch now and way - it's stunning. Thanks again for sharing it and the Reshade! One other thing I don't think there is a patch for, but I'd love it if we could get the same net tension that FIFA 17 and 18 have. The one on 16 is just a "tad" too loose.

Trying to time my next livestream. Once I figure it out I'll post it here.

Remember, FIFA is coded for "dribble...dribble...pass". It won't be perfect in terms of the CPU perfect passing, etc. I personally prefer the CPU pass with caution, which confirms to me my defense is actually doing its job. I think FIFA 16 does a fantastic job and balancing the two elements of good defensive positioning with a mix of maintaining possession and forcing passes.

@Chuny I'm using Supernova's gameplay, but removed a lot of the code that I didn't find useful. There is an aggression value there that is making for some weird animations on the defensive side. That's not to say it's the Supernova patch alone, as I do have my own custom sliders that can always play a role. Regardless though, I've got the perfect balance of what I needed from Supernova's patch and how my sliders I'm using can compliment.

Installing the turf patch now and way - it's stunning. Thanks again for sharing it and the Reshade! One other thing I don't think there is a patch for, but I'd love it if we could get the same net tension that FIFA 17 and 18 have. The one on 16 is just a "tad" too loose.

Trying to time my next livestream. Once I figure it out I'll post it here.

I don't think I have shared my Reshade yet mate, so you must be using someone else's.
Do you like the turf mod better than the one you were using (by Daniel, if I'm not mistaken)?.

And about the nets, do you still feel them too loose even if set to 'tight' type of tension?.

Also, may I add...
The ModdingWay patch, as great as it is, it doesn't come with the best faces available. I had to search a lot and handpick many of them (like De Bruyne, Sané, Ronaldo, etc).

Nice to see FIFA 16 getting some attention again. It's the most complete FIFA product we have so far and have so much more modding possibility as well personally. So I will get into some custom modding and yes, I do see players outpacing another players. My download is finished but I am waiting for my graphics card to get delivered. Then I will start streaming in YouTube and it's going to be fun.

Also been playing a bit of FIFA 16 now with my integrated graphics card and my god, the ball physics is so much better as well as the shooting. I didn't realize how much better it was.

Also been playing a bit of FIFA 16 now with my integrated graphics card and my god, the ball physics is so much better as well as the shooting. I didn't realize how much better it was.

Exactly!
I know I'm repeating myself and might get tiresome but man... the game is so... ALIVE. There's always something happening. There's always a little great detail to pay attention to.
It's 2:40am here, I must get up at 8 for work but can't stop playing.

I think I've never watched so many instant replays in a game ever before like I have been doing with FIFA 16.

How the hell could EA screw so many things at once from one game to the next it's beyond me. Such a regression.

BTW does anyone know who the main producer of 16 was?.

I would add to that stadium least Nisoley thead at fifalpanet,: http://www.fifaplanet.de/showthread.php/47200-Nisoley-s-Grafikstüble/page57?p=946655&viewfull=1#post946655

He has updated every bundesliga stadium to top top quality.

Also very important that the ball has a real life ball size and it's not like a fucking Futsal ball on 17 and 18.
This helps very much with ball physics and in general with how beautiful and realistic it looks.
And corner system also looks realistic and not like you're about to drop a bomb and you're choosing where it will land like in 17 and 18.

Even penalty system looks more realistic and smooth.In 17/18 if you move the player slightly more on the side and start running,then when he is about to kick the ball he suddenly changes direction in an unnatural way and looks clunky and bad.The same magnetic teleportation bullshit that happens also with cpu defenders.

The thing that always bugged me though is this ugly yellow ball cursor that indicates where the ball will land.I wish there was an option to remove this shit.In Pes it can be removed.Does anyone have a clue if we can remove it from Fifa 16 also somehow and if yes how to do it?I think i remember many months ago i read somewhere that somehow it was possible but i don't remember details now.

Guys, i think it is also important to know which settings you use because the gameplay can be heavily affected by that. I mean :
Slow/Normal/Fast speed ?
Duration of games ?
Full Manual ?
Legacy defending/Tactical defending ?
Difficulty ?
Demo version/1.0 version/last version of FIFA ?
Sliders ?
Etc...

@papinho81 I'm especially interested by your settings, since i will try to install demo version. I saw earlier in this thread, you said we shouldn't install new moddingway updates because of the supernova gameplay, does that still applies?

Last edited:
Shoud be better with this

Glanford Park-Scunthorpe
95c0e1087be6cfb0f59f122d5e0bfc2e.png

Back
Top Bottom