FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Great news Chuny. I'll test your ReShade settings after the weekend. I'm still remembering your GFX mod for the FIFA 16 demo. I played with one of your settings almost two years.

This is the modded Broadcast camera I'm using: http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/CAbEsc0J/file.html
Extract to FIFA 16 main folder and regenerate.

And here are the Reshade profiles I've been working on (some are horrible, I'll admit it, but there are some others that are pretty damn good IMO).

http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/WJCPuzn9/file.html

Again, extract to FIFA 16 main folder.
Once you've extracted the content, open the file 'd3d11.ini' and change the paths according to where you've extracted the files (pointing to YOUR FIFA 16 folder).

If something goes wrong and Reshade fails to start or if it shows any error messages, then it's because you've done something wrong there. So please double check your d3d11.ini file.

Please let me know if it worked and which preset do you like the most (if any at all).

Thank you Chuny! It worked for me. I prefer the config n°5 with slight adjustments (I deactivated the blur). It looks really alive now!

This is the modded Broadcast camera I'm using: http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/CAbEsc0J/file.html
Extract to FIFA 16 main folder and regenerate.

And here are the Reshade profiles I've been working on (some are horrible, I'll admit it, but there are some others that are pretty damn good IMO).

http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/WJCPuzn9/file.html

Again, extract to FIFA 16 main folder.
Once you've extracted the content, open the file 'd3d11.ini' and change the paths according to where you've extracted the files (pointing to YOUR FIFA 16 folder).

If something goes wrong and Reshade fails to start or if it shows any error messages, then it's because you've done something wrong there. So please double check your d3d11.ini file.

Please let me know if it worked and which preset do you like the most (if any at all).

Fantastic man.. I wanted to ask for this some days ago, but avoided cause I didn't want to bother you :P .. gonna try it later!

When people apply mods for this (e.g. the final Moddingway updates), do you update the game to the latest version first?

@Chuny man.. tried your reshade.. AWESOME STUFF! I just played a couple of games in San Siro and Stadio Olimpico (with my beloved Lazio), and one in Bayern's Allianz Arena.. want to explore them all in much more conditions and stadiums but I can already say my favourite one is your number seven.. looks SO fucking good and real to me, by day AND by night, at least by far.. but there are indeed some other really interesting ones. My already good immersion just jumped to sky.. contributions like yours makes me love this community so much :) ..

Just a question, what are in your opinion the best combos (night, day, rain etc.)? If I'm not wrong you said you had a favourite one for day and another one for night.

@Chuny man.. tried your reshade.. AWESOME STUFF! I just played a couple of games in San Siro and Stadio Olimpico (with my beloved Lazio), and one in Bayern's Allianz Arena.. want to explore them all in much more conditions and stadiums but I can already say my favourite one is your number seven.. looks SO fucking good and real to me, by day AND by night, at least by far.. but there are indeed some other really interesting ones. My already good immersion just jumped to sky.. contributions like yours makes me love this community so much :) ..

Just a question, what are in your opinion the best combos (night, day, rain etc.)? If I'm not wrong you said you had a favourite one for day and another one for night.

Hey
Thanks a lot for your words. I'm a Reshade freak. Constantly trying new stuff. Ever single value and even the order of which each shader is placed matters and can change the whole thing. So the possibilities are endless. But my favourite ones are probably 8 and 9.

In fact, just yesterday night I've been working on new presets for FIFA 18 and I'm loving it. Just need to sort a few things but I haven't figured out how yet.

VNsOZ3A.png

fnw7Tnj.png

XAUa34n.png

Still going strong for me.. man, the build up in the midfield is amazing.. and honestly, at the beginning I was kinda frustrated with the standing tackles and ball shielding, now I find the general freedom and the need to have good timing in both among the strong points of the game.

p.s. @Chuny your reshade elevated the experience of another notch.. as I said, for now I'm playing with number 7, which even if it's maybe the most sober one out of yours, looks like a way more polished version of the base lights/colours and it's what I'm fine at least for now, with my Inter career.. but man I want to spend some words on the number 9, you created something unique with that combination, it looks incredibly alive, old school and realistic at the same time, if it makes sense. It's so beautiful I'm savoring it in small bits, just a friendly here and there..

Still going strong for me.. man, the build up in the midfield is amazing.. and honestly, at the beginning I was kinda frustrated with the standing tackles and ball shielding, now I find the general freedom and the need to have good timing in both among the strong points of the game.

p.s. @Chuny your reshade elevated the experience of another notch.. as I said, for now I'm playing with number 7, which even if it's maybe the most sober one out of yours, looks like a way more polished version of the base lights/colours and it's what I'm fine at least for now, with my Inter career.. but man I want to spend some words on the number 9, you created something unique with that combination, it looks incredibly alive, old school and realistic at the same time, if it makes sense. It's so beautiful I'm savoring it in small bits, just a friendly here and there..

I'm happy to read that mate, for real! Thanks!

Hi, good to see others are still talking about this wonderful game.

Speaking as Full Manual player, I tried 17 & 18 but both are too clunky and slow for me. So I've stayed with 16 for all this time, and at this point I am sure it is the best football game ever, better than the old PES'. 16 like old PES in terms of dribbling, variety, and balance, but it also has the upgraded technology that improves physicality, ball physics etc. etc. that makes the whole game so dynamic and fresh even 2 years later.

Thankfully there is a still an active playerbase on PS4 that ranges from 150-500 players at any given time, so matches are actually pretty easy to find. I know most people here play against AI but that has never been my thing, I always play against other people (usually online these days).

If anyone is interested I have made a playlist of some FUMA shenanigans that I've gathered over the years. It includes some great goals and plays and shows what you can in this awesome game: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsPBAxPhalTcSynDV5kZhGUXKbq6Tdctf

Hi, good to see others are still talking about this wonderful game.

Speaking as Full Manual player, I tried 17 & 18 but both are too clunky and slow for me. So I've stayed with 16 for all this time, and at this point I am sure it is the best football game ever, better than the old PES'. 16 like old PES in terms of dribbling, variety, and balance, but it also has the upgraded technology that improves physicality, ball physics etc. etc. that makes the whole game so dynamic and fresh even 2 years later.

Thankfully there is a still an active playerbase on PS4 that ranges from 150-500 players at any given time, so matches are actually pretty easy to find. I know most people here play against AI but that has never been my thing, I always play against other people (usually online these days).

If anyone is interested I have made a playlist of some FUMA shenanigans that I've gathered over the years. It includes some great goals and plays and shows what you can in this awesome game: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsPBAxPhalTcSynDV5kZhGUXKbq6Tdctf
Good videos man and to do this on full manual also impressive.
I also liked Fifa 16 much and i think it's the best in general until now.
I just wish EA would keep Frostbite's player models and graphics and revert the gameplay back to Ignite and improve it furthermore.Then maybe we would have a really great game.
They fell victims of the fact that they had to change some things otherwise people would say that they don't change anything and always stay the same,but the gameplay things they changed were mostly for the worse.
Ignite engine had really big potential to achieve a great gameplay in some time as it was already good enough,but sadly they decided to change it and basically fucked it up.

Man seriously.. I'm going crazy with this game, it's the Pes 5 to Fifa saga :D, I can say I finally feel like playing proper soccer again. The fever hasn't indeed gone down a bit since I re-discovered it weeks ago.

I mean look at this match (sorry for the italian language, statistics should be understandable anyway):

mansrsly.jpg

I played the fantasy return between Real (me) and Juve. It was an awesome, almost real life looking battle under the rain!

Two red cards for the cpu, one on a penalty with Buffon going under the shower, another red card for me.. (on a sad note.. why do I feel like it's almost utopy to ask for this stuff to happen again in a future soccer game :( ? I also had more than one time, in other matches, the goalkeeper coming out on his own to the sidelines to kick away some long through ball.. would love to also see this happen again, as it is in reality after all..).. superb rythm, lot of contrasts and a lot of advantage rules plus those fouls..

I must say I'm really happy, I know this game isn't for everybody and it still has it's problems, but thanks to moddingway patch, the fidel's CL.ini that I'm still tweaking and Chuny's magnificent ReShade I'm having an incredible time, it's like a brand new soccer game came out on march to me..

Does that patch happens to fix the playstyle of Championship League teams where they just as good as Barca? I am looking for a patch like that. FIFA 17 is way too easy for me.

Does that patch happens to fix the playstyle of Championship League teams where they just as good as Barca? I am looking for a patch like that. FIFA 17 is way too easy for me.

Sorry Topaz.. but if you are talking about moddingway, it's the same patch as when we all started play Fifa 16 again weeks ago..

You have to delve deep in DB and custom tactics for what you want to happen.. I've read some of the mega thread about modding that my fellow italian players wrote at the time of Fifa 16 and it's surely possible in some measure if you edit that stuff, but I don't think this patch alone really does that.. I'm personally more than ok with the general AI and the changes of the cl.ini, and maybe manually editing the other teams tactics once in a while, honestly I can feel a good difference between a game with two weak teams compared to two strong teams, but as I said, we are all different and with our attention to different details.. I remember you and Chris not liking the IA, nothing really significant changed in the meantime!

Hope you guys don't mind, but since it's relevant, I started my FIFA 16 career mode (manager mode) on my YouTube channel. Having a blast with stadium server and moddingway on PC:

Hey Matt. I would like to try this out. Could you point me in the direction of the patch, stadium server and other settings you are using? Thanks much

The 2 best things about this fifa are the ball & player physics / weight + the AI.
Smart but human AI I would call it, and it's such an important thing in order to enjoy a game.

It still surprises me: I absolutely loved *conceding* the first goal in this video, never saw it coming. And I loved how the AI wasted a perfect opportunity because Valero decided to make a fancy pass in the box which caught Icardi by surprise. For a second I wondered if I was playing online with someone who screwed this up!

The 2 best things about this fifa are the ball & player physics / weight + the AI.
Smart but human AI I would call it, and it's such an important thing in order to enjoy a game.

I couldn't agree more with you.

Sometimes it's frustrating to play against it, but I think that with a good set of sliders, overall, it is the most human AI out of every Fifa I played in terms of decision making.

Today I tried Fifa 18 again and holy shit, the AI is truly an awful thing in comparison. I couldn't bear to finish even a single game.

Yep, it's extremely rare that I will concede a goal and feel cheated and think "well they had to make the AI score goals I guess". Only a few times perhaps with some crosses/headers but I can live with that.

They will feed on every inch of space *you* give them, and they are smart enough to create the space themselves but with short passing, patience and smart runs, not out of thin air with perfect 80 yard passes that you can do nothing about like in our current games and not because the defensive controls you're given are gimped on purpose.

I made a very slight change to the sliders I was using in the google drive:

World Class/Legendary, 10-15 minutes

Sprint: 50/50
Accel: 48/48
Shot Error: 52/52
Pass Error: 62/62
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 45/40
Injury Freq: 64/64
Injury Sev: 4/4
GK Ability: 50/50
Marking: 68/68
Run Freq: 1/1
Height :65/65
Length: 50/40

Width: 52/52
FB Pos: 100/100
FT Control: 40/40

The length change definitely allows the CPU to have a bit more resistance and they're back to trying many ways to beat me. Sometimes it's possession, then sometimes it's a ball over the top or down the sides. Can't get enough of this game. I have my Episode 3 career mode first match played, just need to get another in then edit!

Since I will be stuck with this game it seems I went on and made some easy DIY modifications on my own, some people may find some of this useful.

1. Bigger stamina drain

No fancy editing, just specify the half length you'd like to play in cl.ini like this:
Code:
HALF_LENGTH = 12
AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH = 12

Then in game choose 10 minute halves. You can adjust both numbers of course. Those extra minutes will make the players run out of stamina much faster. It's kind of a must, since I'm also using accel: 48/48 like Matt posted above, which has the opposite effect.

2. Play with any ball you like

There are dozens of great balls included in the moddingway patch, but you can only play with the one assigned to a specific competition. Some will prefer this for authenticity, I prefer to inject some variety.

Locate the file FIFA 16\fifarna\lua\assets\ball.lua in your installation folder, delete it or better yet just rename it, and then regenerate with any program you have available. Now you will be able to play any match with any ball you select in the match menu.

If you have a program like Creation Master 16 handy you can also browse all the balls available and check the option "Visible in Game Menu" because there are plenty more but hidden (You need to use File->Save if you make changes).

3. Fifa18 style trainer

I find that the red indicator icon on top of the player I'm controlling is kinda hard to see sometimes in this game, and I also like the Fifa18 trainer circle/arrow when playing on semi/manual, so here's how to have it in fifa16 as well:

- You need some program to extract the file: data\screenhelp\training_hud_data.xml
- Open it in a plain text editor like notepad
- Find all occurrences of:
Code:
<level id="0"  name="auto">
    <action id ..... />
</level>
And remove all "action id" lines so it looks like this:
Code:
</level>
- regenerate
- activate the trainer in game and choose the "auto" setting. You will see the trainer without any button prompts / help text

I also use a version with just the trainer arrow but not the white circle which I think looks better, but I will have to upload this somewhere if anyone's interested along with the training_hud_data.xml file as well.

4. Intro Movies if you're using File Server

You could have this video playing before all your bundesliga games for example:

I think I figured out the easiest method and it's as simple as "find the video you'd like on youtube, download it, and assign it", no messing around with video editing and encoding. The only tricky part is how to download it. I use youtube-dl-gui which is a windows frontend for youtube downloader.

This is how it works:
ydlg_ui.gif

The only important thing is to choose "webm" in the dropdown menu before clicking add, this is the format used in fifa16! The downloaded file will have a .webm extension, you have to rename it to bootflowoutro.vp8, and place it in it's own subdirectory (for example "bundesliga") in your MoviesGBD folder. That was it, it takes seconds, now can assign the video to a competition in the same way you can assign stadiums to teams (just don't forget that you have to enable the movies module in File Server).

Last edited:
This is how it works:
ydlg_ui.gif

The only important thing is to choose "webm" in the dropdown menu before clicking add, this is the format used in fifa16! The downloaded file will have a .webm extension, you have to rename it to bootflowoutro.vp8, and place it in it's own subdirectory (for example "bundesliga") in your MoviesGBD folder. That was it, it takes seconds, now can assign the video to a competition in the same way you can assign stadiums to teams.
Absolutely love the idea of that, something I've wanted to see in football games for ages.

I still dream of having those NHL-style intros before a match where they have FMV of the commentators talking about the fixture - I know they'd be limited and repetitive but I love anything like that in a game.

Absolutuly agree Chris. I was more excited about this functionality in File Server than the stadiums, lol. Well, almost.
As far as I know this was difficult to setup before, so figuring out this simple method is fantastic. I've done it for more than 10 competitions now on my installation and it's great. And i think it's so easy this way that it's better that I don't upload a huge pack of movies, anyone can pick their own favourite intros and videos on youtube!

@manmachine , I've read tens and tens of pages about cl.ini editing in the past days and that's the first time I heard about that one about the stamina. Just tried it in a couple of friendlies and works like a charm, hope it translates in career as it would be colossal. Also really nice adjustments @Matt10 , with that height and lenght I already see a much tighter game, both in positioning and even in physical fights around the field.

The more I tweak it with suggestions like yours, the more this Fifa 16 is slowly, dangerously becoming the best modern soccer game I've ever played.. for sure in my top two with Pes 2017, as of now..

It does work on all modes. If your next match is one week later, most players' stamina will be at around 90/95% I think. If you have only 2-3 days of recovery between matches... then they will be at ~50% so you really need to make some changes! You can even increase the effect if you'd like by using a 3 minute discrepancy instead of 2, or decrease it by only adding 1 extra minute.

Edit: These numbers are with a 3 minute discrepancy, which is what I'm using (I have 13 minutes in my cl.ini).

Last edited:
I made a very slight change to the sliders I was using in the google drive:
FT Control: 40/40

By the way @Matt10, I was curious about the FT Control at 40. Is it best to lower it (which is unheard of in fifa I guess!) because of the cl.ini (supernova's gameplay)? Don't mean to start a 28721 page long slider thread, but it seemed odd.

By the way @Matt10, I was curious about the FT Control at 40. Is it best to lower it (which is unheard of in fifa I guess!) because of the cl.ini (supernova's gameplay)? Don't mean to start a 28721 page long slider thread, but it seemed odd.

Yeah, I wanted to allow the pass error to dictate the control, but without it making where the ball bobbles right up the players' shin each time like it does on higher FT control values. I've also seen that the higher the FT control the more the CPU plays like "hot-potato" with the ball and wants to pass the ball as quickly as possible, creating this tiki-taka effect.

There was a time in which I liked the higher FT control, but that was only possible due to the composition of a previous slider set.

3. Fifa18 style trainer

I find that the red indicator icon on top of the player I'm controlling is kinda hard to see sometimes in this game, and I also like the Fifa18 trainer circle/arrow when playing on semi/manual, so here's how to have it in fifa16 as well:

- You need some program to extract the file: data\screenhelp\training_hud_data.xml
- Open it in a plain text editor like notepad
- Find all occurrences of:
Code:
    <action id ..... />
</level>
And remove all "action id" lines so it looks like this:
Code:
</level>
- regenerate
- activate the trainer in game and choose the "auto" setting. You will see the trainer without any button prompts / help text

I also use a version with just the trainer arrow but not the white circle which I think looks better, but I will have to upload this somewhere if anyone's interested along with the training_hud_data.xml file as well.
movies module in File Server).

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing this (actually thanks for all things you shared in your post), after Chuny post about camera mod a month ago, I have explored a bit the muse data file and the exe and I have found nice cameras for which you can vary the height and zoom but the player selection icon would not display, only the trainer circle with instructions. Now that you provided tips to remove the annoying trainer instructions I think it could be interesting for some if I share them. I will try to post them this week end, I am currently way to busy with work (well apparently not enough to avoid sneaking in there).

Yeah, I wanted to allow the pass error to dictate the control, but without it making where the ball bobbles right up the players' shin each time like it does on higher FT control values. I've also seen that the higher the FT control the more the CPU plays like "hot-potato" with the ball and wants to pass the ball as quickly as possible, creating this tiki-taka effect.

There was a time in which I liked the higher FT control, but that was only possible due to the composition of a previous slider set.

Hi Matt. I have always enjoyed your slider works, so thanks for that. I would like to try FIFA 16 with the same mods, patches, edits, etc you are using. Could you please point me in the right direction to get these?

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom